AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-22, 03:45   Link #361
warrior

Old 2011-02-28, 11:07   Link #362
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Does anyone know if these 3 big volumes have unique cover art?

Old 2011-02-28, 12:48   Link #363
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Yes, and 3 posters that make up one big image. These collect the manga up until the point where the anime split, and they're databooks. Those chibi Claymore 4 koma comics come from those 3 as well. They're super rare, but I'm glad I have 'em.
Old 2011-03-01, 08:30   Link #364
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Viiiiiz!! I want!
Old 2011-03-01, 08:40   Link #365
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Viiiiiz!! I want!
woord! dat squawks has cool shit, no joke
Old 2011-03-02, 08:42   Link #366
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
woord! dat squawks has cool shit, no joke

Thanks. I'm a dork. Vol. 19 is not on this picture, but I recently got it though. Butchy Clare upper right corner. Still gotta pick up vol. 17 of the Viz release...

Last edited by Squawks; 2011-03-03 at 14:21.
Old 2011-03-02, 10:09   Link #367
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Since we're posting pictures...

If want snapshots of the rest of it (not just the figuurines), I'll need some time to gather it all into one place.
Old 2011-03-02, 12:58   Link #368
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Oh man you have both figures that came with the Japanese vol. 8. I'm so jealous. :c
Old 2011-03-02, 13:53   Link #369
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
Oh man you have both figures that came with the Japanese vol. 8. I'm so jealous. :c
Actually, only Clare came with Volume 8.
The Teresa figure was a limited edition release for the 3rd year anniversary of the publication. It came in a white box with no manga volumes included.
Due to it's rarity, it took me year to find (yahoo auctions japan) and cost me far more than all the other figures in that picture combined.
Old 2011-03-02, 19:19   Link #370
Ryus
The One Eyed King

It's official I'm totally jealous of you two right now... and I need more money so I can buy them myself.

They'd look amazing next to some of my other models (all non Claymore).
Old 2011-03-02, 19:26   Link #371
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Arghhh............ you bastards I don't even know where to purchase them Anyways, does anyone have any idea on how much can I have it? It seems pretty delicate compared to the other models.... (of course not Claymore)
Old 2011-03-02, 21:08   Link #372
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Arghhh............ you bastards I don't even know where to purchase them Anyways, does anyone have any idea on how much can I have it? It seems pretty delicate compared to the other models.... (of course not Claymore)
The best place to the normal non-ridiculously rare stuff is ebay.
That said - beware: There are many Chinese knock-offs of both the Megahouse and Toy Works models of Clare. For example, if the Megahouse Clare Excellent figure has red letterings on the base, then it's a fake (similarly the box should have the sticker of authenticity like the blue white sticker in the top right on mine). Do research, and know what you're getting (and if the price is too good to be true, then it probably is).

For stuff like the Teresa figure, you'll need massive luck and as well as a fat wallet.

I recommend using Yahoo Auctions Japan.
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=クレイモア

That said, most sellers will not ship internationally, and require weird Japanese only form of payment. It's a real hassle. To make this easier/possible, it's best to use a service like:
http://www.rinkya.com/
What they do is bid on your items for you (or buy them from other Japanese sites), and get the items shipped to them. Then, when the item arrives to them, they ship it to you internationally. As a result, you pay for: the item, the Japanese shipping, a processing fee (non-negligable), and international shipping to you (+ any duties, etc). This can get quite expensive! Be aware that that excellent deal you find for $40 can easily cost you over $100 after all is said and done. If using this method, make sure it's worth it to you and expect to pay way over the final sale price.

Good luck.
Old 2011-03-02, 21:28   Link #373
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
The best place to the normal non-ridiculously rare stuff is ebay.
That said - beware: There are many Chinese knock-offs of both the Megahouse and Toy Works models of Clare. For example, if the Megahouse Clare Excellent figure has red letterings on the base, then it's a fake (similarly the box should have the sticker of authenticity like the blue white sticker in the top right on mine). Do research, and know what you're getting (and if the price is too good to be true, then it probably is).

For stuff like the Teresa figure, you'll need massive luck and as well as a fat wallet.

I recommend using Yahoo Auctions Japan.
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=クレイモア

That said, most sellers will not ship internationally, and require weird Japanese only form of payment. It's a real hassle. To make this easier/possible, it's best to use a service like:
http://www.rinkya.com/
What they do is bid on your items for you (or buy them from other Japanese sites), and get the items shipped to them. Then, when the item arrives to them, they ship it to you internationally. As a result, you pay for: the item, the Japanese shipping, a processing fee (non-negligable), and international shipping to you (+ any duties, etc). This can get quite expensive! Be aware that that excellent deal you find for $40 can easily cost you over $100 after all is said and done. If using this method, make sure it's worth it to you and expect to pay way over the final sale price.

Good luck.
Thanks But can't read japanase....-.-
Old 2011-03-02, 21:29   Link #374
BlackMagister

I couldn't find any Claymore items besides the bust figurine set when I was in Japan. Didn't get a lot of time to check out Akihabara anime stores though. The silver versions are really weird though... I'm not sure who would want them, although they were cheaper.
Old 2011-03-02, 21:47   Link #375
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Thanks But can't read japanase....-.-
google translate
Old 2011-03-05, 13:30   Link #376
BeansRocks

Hello All,

New to the forums here at AnimeSuki, and to Anime in general. It was the claymore section of this site that got me to join - you all seem to be a cool group of people.

Anyway, here it is, my first Anime figure, hopefully it will be here sooner than later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2559wt_1146

I can't believe I got this for $20....

Later All,

Beans
Old 2011-03-05, 14:46   Link #377
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansRocks View Post
Hello All,

New to the forums here at AnimeSuki, and to Anime in general. It was the claymore section of this site that got me to join - you all seem to be a cool group of people.

Anyway, here it is, my first Anime figure, hopefully it will be here sooner than later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2559wt_1146

I can't believe I got this for $20....

Later All,

Beans
Welcome aboard.
Clare was my first one too.
Out of curiosity, did you see my post from a few days ago before buying?
Old 2011-03-05, 15:24   Link #378
BeansRocks

Quote:
Welcome aboard.
Clare was my first one too.
Out of curiosity, did you see my post from a few days ago before buying?
Hah, no, but that website is known for bootlegs so I kinda figured I wasn't getting the real thing. $20 for a fake isn't a big deal. And I don't have $150+ to spend right now.

Anime is a new thing for me.... so maybe if I stick with it in a few years I'll actually start collecting some legit figures.
Old 2011-03-05, 15:52   Link #379
Cyclone
Transient Guest

As long as your happy with it and know what you're getting, that's what's important.
And the figure looks great either way.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:41   Link #380
Rifuru
So Dazzling

Quote:
Since we're posting pictures...

If want snapshots of the rest of it (not just the figuurines), I'll need some time to gather it all into one place.
Beautiful collection, Especially with the limited figures
I have a curiosity to see the rest of the stuff =)
Closed Thread