AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-23, 00:14   Link #101
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
30/M

2. no, never suicidal. Emotional control is something I'm blessed with... not just turning them all off like a robot, but also turning on positive emotions. (This trait can also be found in the worst serial killers and Nazi deathcamp soldiers, but fortunately I wear a white hat.) Depression to the point of suicide is alien to me, and I don't want to risk exploring it to satisfy the Curiosity of Kempis.

3.No, suicide of healthy people is always wrong, or a product of insanity. The "first-quarter" analogy metioned earlier rings true with me. It's a crime you're committing against the world or a specific person, like the earlier female poster was committing against her abusive mother. I understand depression can be a chemical imbalance, but it can also be fought against or allowed to devour you. Those people who threaten/do it for the sake of dramatics.... Lawd gawd, have forgiveness on their souls, for I sure don't.

4. No, no suicides around me. I'm probably lucky that way, most people probably have know at least one person who has offed themselves. However, I'm the type of person who has few but very close friends who can count on me for anything. That lowers the number of people I come in contact with.

-k

curious
Old 2004-11-26, 09:02   Link #102
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
I remember reading that in England, a suicide was punishable by death, and an attempted (read: failed) suicide resulted in imprisonment. I'm not sure if that law's still on the books though.
And where did you read that piece of crap?

More like they would be given free counselling and generally helped through the ordeal.

You sure it wasn't "New England" sounds more like an American way of thinking if you ask me.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-11-26, 09:57   Link #103
Virus
ウイルス

Send a message via AIM to Virus
1. 15 Male

2. No

3. Yes and no. The person should try getting help first at least. That's my point of view at least.

4. No
Old 2004-11-27, 07:15   Link #104
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

1)m/18
2)B
3)C
4)no
I found something intresting that '(I think)could explain a few things:
"the poor man has always a very precise idea of his problem and the its solution:He don't have enough, he need more.the rich man can find or invent any kind of misery and will be far less certain to find a solution"J.K galbraith,"affluent society"

I apologize for the grammar
Old 2004-11-28, 04:25   Link #105
pr0ject_2501
Shadow Star

Send a message via AIM to pr0ject_2501 Send a message via Yahoo to pr0ject_2501
1. 17/male

2. Have you ever considered about attempting a suicide?
a) Yes

2b. Only answer to this question if you answered yes, a) in the previous question.
Did your suicide thoughts include serious depression?
a) Yes

2c. Only answer to this question if you answered yes a) in question 2.
Did you think about attempting a suicide in the last 6 months?
b) No

3. Do you think suicide is acceptable?
b) No. Never.

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide?
b) No
Old 2004-11-28, 07:35   Link #106
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
1. 17/M

hell no

Dunno, nah if its cos other people making them do suicide, but yea if they wanna leave this **** life

nope, i think one guy wanted to commit suicide but i didnt really care
Old 2004-11-28, 16:04   Link #107
Vide
Lurker

1. 17/M

a) Yes

2b. Only answer to this question if you answered yes, a) in the previous question.
a) Yes

a) Yes

a) Yes, everyone decides of their own life.

b) No
Old 2004-11-28, 23:01   Link #108
Shinn
Orooo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukov
I would be very grateful, if you could answer to this little survey about suicide. You can send answers through e-mail too (jerppu@gmail.com).

Questions:

1. Age/Gender

a) Yes b) No c) I have thought about it, but it wasn't very serious

a) Yes b) No

a) Yes b) No

a) Yes, everyone decides of their own life. b) No. Never. c) If there are good reasons behind it, etc. religious or ethic reasons. Note: Euthanasia isn't included in these reasons, or in this whole survey.

1. 15/Male
2 a) Yes i have do to some serious depression
2c) No
3. Everyone can decides their way of life, if they want to do it, it is their choice
4. No, not someone i knew well, but a distant relative did.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:58   Link #109
Forklift
150 gigs and losing count

Send a message via AIM to Forklift
. Age/Gender 28/ M

a) Yes , I was up to about 120 looking for a tree to hit

a) Yes serious, than I realized the bitch wasnt worth it

b) No

b) No. Never. nobody and nothing is worth it

4. Has someone you knew well, ever done a suicide? yes, a good friend of mine and it was over some chick who just whored herself out, same reason he killed himself
Old 2004-11-29, 02:18   Link #110
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Right, there are many points I want to address, confirm or debate that you guys have made across this thread, so forgive me if I get a little mixed up in dealing with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Is it really victimless? Losing a someone close to suicide is worse than any other way. When I was young, one of my friend's father commited suicide, and he was never the same after. Not only was there the pain of losing his father, but the feeling that his father would rather die that stay with him, which made it much worse than it would have been had the death been from natural causes, an accident, or even murder.
To a person who feels suicidal, it might seem to them that asking them to stay alive is as selfish an act by whoever is making the request as the taking of a life. What people may think and feel afterwards leads me to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu
Why there are so many people even thinking about committing suicide is probably something I'll never understand.
...the issue of understanding and of comprehension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
Mantidor, You are so on the money. Those truly considering it don't tell anyone. In fact you would never think they would be the one to do that.

The person hides it well. No one should know and the person will put on a happy face and try to be around others. It is when they are alone, when no one can see the pain, it can become overwhelming and drop them to their knees. I know this from experience and guess what, No one had a clue.
...and of even noticing anything is wrong. Three years ago, a person I knew was devasted when one of their friends killed himself, saying that they couldn't understand why he did so and that he never said anything to them. Part of me wondered if he had tried and they had never noticed, or if he simply didn't want to talk to that person about how he felt. Part of me even felt that there was perhaps an element of failure on their part, that if they couldn't understand why he killed himself, then they also wouldn't be able to understand why he chose not to talk to them. My cynical viewpoint was probably biased by the fact that I felt this person was particularly selfish, dim and self-centered and certainly wouldn't be someone I would've talked to about such an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolicon
Suicide is complex thing, and I don't think its summed up in such a simple way. Its quite difficult to describe the state of mind that leads someone to suicide to a person who has never even considered it, or doesn't accept it for what it is... just for a moment consider how rotten a person must feel to want to end thier own life.
Elaborating on what lolicon said, part of the desperation, the terrible lonliness and the sadness that surrounds suicide is that people simply don't understand how you feel. Not only do you feel worthless, or insignificant, or so utterly alone, or ridiculously sad, you're also unable to describe how you feel to another person, you enter a state of mind where it's very difficult to relate to other people, where other people find it very difficult to relate to you. You become trapped in another place and you might be trying very hard to break out of it, or to let others in, but that doesn't always work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
But for a young person who is in good mental and physical health, suicide is no answer. That's like playing a football game and at the end of the first quarter deciding that because the game really isn't going your way, it's time to just quit. Rather than give up, that the time when a person needs to try and understand the reasons behind why they aren't winning and decide what changes need to be made to alter the outcome in their favor. Every loser is a winner who's just hasn't figured out how to win yet.
I think I agree with this, at least to some degree. Suicide equates to giving up hope and thus if there was any chance of success, you've effectively abandoned it. Sometimes all you can do is keep on trying, and in some situations you will only lose as soon as you stop trying. Of course, some people who are suicidal may be so because they feel that they are hopeless to effect any change for the better - that the game's already lost and perhaps it is.

But I also think that some people will just have harder games to play than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
The whole suicide thing was so early 90's ... grunge/alternative rock made all the kids depressed...
Unfortunately I think this is true too - I think the 80s and 90s generations have grown up with suicide as a very visible cultural factor (if that's the right phrase?), self-harm and self-loathing seemingly becoming a trend (like the 60s peace movements), almost a kind of anti-cool, with suicide 'heroes' like Kurt Cobain as martyrs. I certainly spent a lot of my teenage years among people who had problems which seemed absolutely trivial to me, and yet they seemed desperate for the attention and, possibly, 'respect' of their peers by becoming hysterical and tragic characters. Of course, this might've been my own inability to understand or relate to them, to break into their bubble and really comprehend how they feel, but I couldn't help but be cynical and angry about how some of these people behaved and carried themselves, that their problems were petty and childish.

I think, unfortunately, we're still saddled with a certain tragic mindset in some of the younger generation, but I don't want to sound like a rabid conservative by blaming all this on rock music. Perhaps much of it is justified and our world is a little more messed up, a little harder to live in than 20 or 30 years ago. I'm not sure.

Part of this view and these viewpoints can be explained by this post being written by someone who was admitted to hospital after attempting suicide, during a period in which they were considered a faliure by both themselves and many others, who was embittered and lost and sick and tired, who felt cheated from trying so hard and gaining so little and who felt so frustrated and inarticulate that they had noone else to share their feelings with. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can get across quite all that I wish to because, even to this day, I still feel inarticulate.

SCC
Old 2004-11-30, 17:36   Link #111
Nyssane
Mohji Fanboi

Send a message via AIM to Nyssane Send a message via MSN to Nyssane
1. 19 / Male

2. Yes, several times.

2b. Usually, or sometimes if I do something incredibly stupid or wrong, I think about it.

2c. Yes.

3. I think it should be accepted. Sometimes a person is so overwhelmed with a certain feeling and things don't change. The biggest thing people say about suicide is "There's always a way out" or "Things won't always be like that". Sometimes it can be like that, though.

4. No.
Old 2004-12-01, 11:43   Link #112
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

The topic is sad we need a joke :"people who commit suicide don't trust humans ,transports and Nature"
Old 2004-12-03, 07:33   Link #113
SirJeannot
AT Field

Questions:

1. Age/Gender
21/M

a) Yes

a) Yes

a) Yes

yes

that's it
Old 2004-12-03, 07:46   Link #114
Thany
Unfair

1. 13, F (actually don't count that)

c) I have thought about it, but it wasn't very serious

No.
Old 2004-12-04, 02:20   Link #115
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Lately everyone has been posting answers to the survey without any discussion. Unfortunately that has turned it into a "What type are you" thread so I'm closing it for becoming boring.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread