AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-16, 20:06   Link #1221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
He's actually a beginner or probably a casual if you look at how he plays the game. No lock on button one reason why he's having a difficulty to hit enemies.
Yes see that's the problem I have with these reviewers- they're all beginner/casual players which is what this game is targeting for so of course they wouldn't know what to look for.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 23:42   Link #1222
Shadow5YA

I see they still haven't fixed this glitch from the demo.

Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 00:05   Link #1223
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Oh-uh. Dunno if there are gonna be patches for that or the PC version has that fixed.
Anyways they said older DMC titles have game breaking bugs which I never encountered playing a DMC game, this one has lots from the demo to the actual game.

and speaking of Vergil as the last boss

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-17, 01:57   Link #1224
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I stopped at the 4-5min mark to type this:

Devil May Cry 4 had weapon switching and style switching on the fly, why is he acting like this is the first time? Actually, even back in DMC3 we have all weapon switching with Vergil.

Is there really no 'professional' reviewer in the world that has ever played the previous games for any extended amount of time? I mean, I'm no expert myself but come on...

Quote:
I stopped at the part where the idiot was crediting America for this development when neither Capcom nor Ninja Theory are American companies....

...My head hurts...

These videos must be pretty terrible if you keep stopping at some point, do I dare open them?
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 02:35   Link #1225
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
These videos must be pretty terrible if you keep stopping at some point, do I dare open them?
Oh don't mind me- I'm just weak at heart...
Old 2013-01-17, 02:54   Link #1226
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

It's okay, watch them with a friend, they'll help you get through it.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:57   Link #1227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It's okay, watch them with a friend, they'll help you get through it.
I have nobody that understands my plight
Old 2013-01-17, 07:40   Link #1228
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Thought you guys might be interested to see Dante's original design that was rejected by capcom. Also the sword is supposed to be the awaken rebellion i think.

Also Eva is hot.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 07:46   Link #1229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Didn't the original design have suspenders ?

And that Awaken Rebellion actually looks kinda cool...They didn't implement it into the game?
Old 2013-01-17, 08:15   Link #1230
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Actually, that is the first prototype Ninja theory sends to capcom but they rejected it feeling that he looks too similar to old dante and would rather create their own game if that was the case. So they decided for Ninja theory to re-design it and the design that was accepted is that shitty design during the 2010 TGS trailer.

Also, yes the sad thing is they didn't implement that rebellion in the game. It remains as a bland generic western sword till in the end.
Old 2013-01-17, 08:16   Link #1231
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...My faith in capcom is less now. *facepalm*
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 08:19   Link #1232
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Crapcom, cashcom they have many names now a days.
Old 2013-01-17, 08:39   Link #1233
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

At least NT tried to keep Dante up with his old design.

Fucking Capcom....
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 08:45   Link #1234
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Actually, that is the first prototype Ninja theory sends to capcom but they rejected it feeling that he looks too similar to old dante and would rather create their own game if that was the case. So they decided for Ninja theory to re-design it and the design that was accepted is that shitty design during the 2010 TGS trailer.

Also, yes the sad thing is they didn't implement that rebellion in the game. It remains as a bland generic western sword till in the end.
Ah, I remember that story...

So Dante's face and haircut was intended like that from the start but the outfit is more acceptable IMO. Also agreed with the sword, it looks cool although quite far from the original. That's a good redesign.

Haven't seen the walkthrough video, but did they keep the cigarette in the game?
Old 2013-01-17, 08:47   Link #1235
demino_hellsin
That one guy

this whole fiasco could have been safely avoided if proper PR was in place. Actual thought was used in making this. Also, listen to antis proper concerns instead of just treating it as blind hatred.

I honestly can't love this game only due to bad publicity(anti). I'm not even going to play it even if someone paid me to. However I can say objectively that this is a good game. If only crass, which was GoW's thing, and excessively emphasizing on brutality, still GoW's thing. I don't see the idea of awesomeness here. That crazy insane stuff that you go through and come out of saying "What the hell was that? I wanna do it again.". If I have to play this game to get it... then I'll never understand D:
Old 2013-01-17, 08:49   Link #1236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
At least NT tried to keep Dante up with his old design.
Depends- Did Capcom also ask them to defend that decision by saying how the Original Dante would be laughed out of the bar? Or that what was cool then isn't cool now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post

Haven't seen the walkthrough video, but did they keep the cigarette in the game?
No they removed it.

Smoking isn't cool kids
Old 2013-01-17, 08:52   Link #1237
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I remember when they said this was going to be a prequel to Devil May Cry 3 for some reason. I wasn't really impressed with the way Dante looked and the way he smoked, but it kinda grew on me and I got over that he used to be that way, 'least we know he turns into a likable character...Actually it's really hard to believe he ever used to act like that.

Then a year later (or was it that same year?) they said it was going to be a reboot. The series had a lot of loose ends that needed to be tied or expanded on, they could've made a reboot that had you play as Sparda, meeting and fighting Mundus' Generals (Phantom & Griffin) or maybe as Nero, or maybe not, his story was pretty much over and finished and he looked like he was ready to settle down with kyrie.

Quote:
Depends- Did Capcom also ask them to defend that decision by saying how the Original Dante would be laughed out of the bar? Or that what was cool then isn't cool now?
I think that was Tameem who said Dante would be laughed out of a bar, new Dante probably wont even be allowed to enter a bar since he beats up helpless people who just do their jobs.

Since when would Dante go to a bar anyway? No one seems to mind him dressed up like he is when he goes out to eat Strawberry sundaes.
Old 2013-01-17, 08:57   Link #1238
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
No they removed it.
Smoking isn't cool kids
A good thing I suppose. It only worsen him

Quote:
they could've made a reboot that had you play as Sparda, meeting and fighting Mundus' Generals (Phantom & Griffin) or maybe as Nero, or maybe not, his story was pretty much over and finished and he looked like he was ready to settle down with kyrie.
I've ever thought about this too for DMC5's timeline. A DMC game with Sparda as main character would be nice, elaborating more on the background story. But then I think some people would complain with the lack of Dante

or just continue where DMC2 left off. I only played 3 and 4, but IIRC Dante's fate wasn't very clear in that game, right? I suppose Nero could slip in.
Old 2013-01-17, 09:06   Link #1239
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My friend played 2, he said it was terribly boring, uninteresting, uninspired and just lazily tossed together for the most part. Honestly I couldn't help but agree after watching soem gameplay vids. The concepts however were good. The biggest dissonance was you can't feel the same vibe from DMC1 and the gun spray was just too abusable. A sudden disconnect he said, and I agree that you just feel alienated in 2 for some reason. It was cool, but it lacked personality. I don't think it's a good place to start over from a bad drop of fanbase morale.
Old 2013-01-17, 09:07   Link #1240
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The series had a lot of loose ends that needed to be tied or expanded on, they could've made a reboot that had you play as Sparda, meeting and fighting Mundus' Generals (Phantom & Griffin)
Not only that, could you imagine fighting ALL the previous bosses from the DMC series ?! Including Gilgamesh, Pandora and Lucifer ? Beowulf and Nevan clearly knew him, there's a good chance that Berial as well... Heck bonus points if he was just a pup 2000 years ago

EDIT: Almost forgot Alastor and Ifrit

Quote:
I think that was Tameem who said Dante would be laughed out of a bar, new Dante probably wont even be allowed to enter a bar since he beats up helpless people who just do their jobs.
Yup, it's him, and by association, Ninja Theory.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-01-17 at 09:20.