AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 08:04   Link #881
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Bold-san seems a very unlikely choice as a trainer. He obviously doesn't have the personality for it. I suspect even Azuma would be a better candidate.

What do they do with dogs on trans-Pacific flights? That's an awful long time for poor Apo to be shut up inside a carrier. And what about food, water, and those other necessities of life?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 08:17   Link #882
ookamigirl

Mutta went to the airport dressed as an astronaut.
People definitely noticed that.
Looks like it was just Murasaki's practical joke.
That training instructor looks demanding.
Next stage of training will begin soon.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 12:18   Link #883
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bold seems like he will make a great antagonist to Mutta. These two are definitely not going to get along, as they're polar opposites. I imagine Mutta will eventually win him over, however. You can't hate a guy like him.

Glad Kitamura finally got some development. She was pretty much a background character until now. I enjoyed the talk she had with her little sister.
Old 2013-02-24, 12:32   Link #884
cyth
Banned

What nationality is Kitamura supposed to be?
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 12:39   Link #885
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Isn't she Japanese?
Old 2013-02-24, 13:28   Link #886
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Murasaki really likes playing pranks on Mutta, and no wonder since he always falls for it. Seriously how did Bold even make it that far.
Old 2013-02-24, 20:31   Link #887
Kirarakim

I really hope that there is more to this Bold guy than meets the eye because he is precisely the type of antagonist I can't stand.

On another note my favorite moment of the episode was when Mutta offered Kenji place to stay. It just really shows how close they have grown.

And I also liked learning more about Kitamura and her sister.
Old 2013-02-25, 02:04   Link #888
Darthtabby

I like this show, but I find it unrealistic that this Bold guy ever managed to become an astronaut in the first place. I'm pretty sure the ability to get along with others is an important factor in NASA's astronaut selection process.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 08:20   Link #889
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
On another note my favorite moment of the episode was when Mutta offered Kenji place to stay. It just really shows how close they have grown.
I was waiting for him to offer it to Serika, with Apo as the bait. I suspect their minder wouldn't take well to that arrangement though, even if the two of them agreed.
Old 2013-02-25, 09:44   Link #890
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I think this show finally found someone who's going to give Mutta a run for his money...'

though everytime I hear that guy in anything anymore I think of him as either Suoh from K or Hot Demon Guy from Hakuoki...
Old 2013-02-25, 10:22   Link #891
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I was waiting for him to offer it to Serika, with Apo as the bait. I suspect their minder wouldn't take well to that arrangement though, even if the two of them agreed.
I heard the manga has more "adult material" than the anime but I think the anime is also meant to be family programming.

Not that I am old fashioned or anything but not sure if they want to show two unmarried people living together like that.

But I did first think maybe Kenji & Mutta can have some fun with Kitamura & Serika but then I forget Kenji is married.

I wonder when Kenji will be allowed to bring his family to Texas.
Old 2013-03-03, 00:20   Link #892
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep47:
Old 2013-03-03, 02:36   Link #893
leokiko

Bet that prediction will turn out to be a positive one.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 04:48   Link #894
ookamigirl

Living in America.
Enjoying new accommodation and shopping.
Murasaki really takes his jokes too far sometimes.
Mutta didn't take well new info about the 2 year training.
He's still far far away from being a real astronaut.
Fortune telling part was interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 06:30   Link #895
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So the originally scheduled 48 episodes ends next week. I wonder if there will be a hiatus while they shift to the new programming slot, or whether they'll just keep rolling along. It does seem like a strange place to end this installment, with all the new recruits off on a hike.

I wonder how things would have ended if the show hadn't been continued. Scenes of the five new astronauts walking off to begin their careers in Houston?

It seems a bit unlikely that Hibito would be quarantined for the rest of the expedition. I've forgotten how long the moon mission is scheduled to last, but I think it was at least a year. Only two months have passed. Not allowing him to leave the facility for months and months seems cruel and unnecessary. I can't imagine Hibito will take being confined very well, either.

I really cannot imagine that housing prices in Houston would seem expensive to people coming from Japan with some of the highest prices for housing in the world. While prices in Japan continue to fall from the heights they reached during the bubble, costs for existing condominiums in Tokyo still run about $5,000 per square meter. In Houston, the average is about a tenth that figure. (A square meter is a bit over ten square feet, so an average of $50 per sq ft in Houston is about $500 per square meter.)
Old 2013-03-03, 11:19   Link #896
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally some focus on Nitta. Seems like he has a little brother he got into a fight with some time ago, and now he wishes to mend their relationship (I assume his brother is the one he hopes to live with).

The fortune telling coupled with what Murasaki told him is a bit ominous, but I'm sure Mutta will be just fine. There's no way he's going to give up after coming this far, not matter how much of a jerk his instructor might be.
Old 2013-03-03, 11:42   Link #897
cyth
Banned

Seems to me he had a little brother ...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:23   Link #898
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to hear more about Nitta. Guessing the little brother is the one he was talking about with his sister. He's probably some kind of problem child. Nice take on gatorade with the colors. Ninja strikes again in addition to scaring him. Either Amanti saw something bad or something shockingly good. Though knowing Mutta he's going to have tough training. Especially since Vince was eyeing him the whole time. Figures Hibito and Damien would be grounded from eva missions.
Old 2013-03-03, 13:27   Link #899
Ingram

Not too much happened, but it was still interesting. I was wondering who Nitta wanted the large house for. He's too young for an elderly parent, and he wouldn't have time to take care of anyone whether a parent or other family member, would he? His denial of having a younger brother had me wondering if that was true, or if perhaps the younger brother had a physical or mental disability that he didn't want to make public. Or is it simply just a very complicated relationship? There can't be too many options, and he wanted the extra bedrooms. ^^;

The energy drink brand "Vivid", plus the various flavors' colors (especially the focus on the red bottle) momentarily had me wondering if it was a Vividred Operation reference. ^^; Then I double-checked and reconfirmed that A-1 Pictures has the Animation Production credit for both series. Hmm...
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 13:38   Link #900
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
Not too much happened, but it was still interesting. I was wondering who Nitta wanted the large house for. He's too young for an elderly parent, and he wouldn't have time to take care of anyone whether a parent or other family member, would he? His denial of having a younger brother had me wondering if that was true, or if perhaps the younger brother had a physical or mental disability that he didn't want to make public.
I'm betting it's a bastard half-brother.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, seinen