AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-24, 22:01   Link #4421
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
If SHAFT animated Chiru I'd have multiple orgasms. Multiple times. Forever.
Old 2009-12-24, 22:09   Link #4422
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
If SHAFT animated Chiru I'd have multiple orgasms. Multiple times. Forever.
Yeah, no. Shaft doesn't do well with this kind of show.
Old 2009-12-24, 22:12   Link #4423
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, no. Shaft doesn't do well with this kind of show.
Agreed. Shaft does best with comedy, slice of life and random animes (Sayonara Zetsubo, Bakemonogatari, Negima!?, Hidamari Sketch)

I think Madhouse would be perfect, although I would prefer not to have an anime original ending Bones would be good as well.
Old 2009-12-24, 22:15   Link #4424
maximilianjenus
[E]

So, who would an original, anime only arc to fill in the gaps work ?

I think it's not that difficult to make it, it can have bernkastel traveling through multiple kakera, with proper directon it can be pretty enjoyable, then it can cut again to this Episode's red vs blue battle to fill in all the theories.
Old 2009-12-25, 00:56   Link #4425
Kakkou
Tch.

Actually, this would work out if they released a 'recap' OVA of Umineko with new scenes that has all the important reds and blues needed to progress to Chiru. It could feature Lambda and Bern in their rooom discussing the events of this season with Lambda going on a red spree for shits and giggles. The OVA would end with them 'inviting' the viewer to the next game board and their troll faces.

Yeah, not gonna happen but I can still hope lol.

EDIT: You know, I was just thinking how DEEN would've had better sales if they announced that each DVD/BD note is actually a Director's Cut edition with extra scenes that could'nt make it into the broadcast timeslot. Heck they could also have the OST tracks as bonuses and Uraneko's that are actually animated. Hell, have drama cd TIPS like Gohda's note or Witches' Tanabata as bonuses. They already seem to be doing that with the Stakes Valentines and Beato's White Day. Of course, the most important thing to have is them fixing all those damn animation errors in their episodes >_>.

What I really want is a full drama cd set of the arcs, instead of just to Navigation CDs that scratch the surface.
Old 2009-12-25, 01:21   Link #4426
Marion
The Great Dine

DEEN doesn't have anything to do with Drama CDs, Frontier Works handles that since they're the ones who actually hired the VA's while DEEN handled the rest of the production. Frontier Works also handles the Character Songs. Considering the specials with Note 1 were just reused animation with different dialogue it shows DEEN doesn't seem to put much effort into the entire pack. And then they complain about how little they sell - if you don't make the consumer want to spend extra money on a Gold Edition DVD then of course they aren't going to spend more money to get the same episodes. A dakimura and some cheaply made extras don't cut it, especially in this economy.

Fact that Frontier Works handles the Drama CDs and not DEEN is probably why we are getting the Stakes Valentine + White Day in some way. OVAs aren't as pricey to make as 26 episodes of an anime, but usually happens when the company wants to find some way to feed off the franchise a bit more. Considering Umineko isn't showing to be very profitable I doubt it'll get an OVA soon, unless DVD sales start to rise.
Old 2009-12-25, 01:46   Link #4427
Kakkou
Tch.

I am aware Frontier Works deals with the sound side of the Umineko anime. I just meant that DEEN could've collaborated more with FW in a bid to raise sales but as you said, they certainly seem to be lazy to even make their DVDs worth buying.
Old 2009-12-25, 03:14   Link #4428
Westlo
Lets be reality

Frontier Works don't only deal with the sound.. they are the major sponsors of Umineko and provided the budget for the show. DEEN are not exactly KyoAni or Bones when it comes to animation but when given a budget they can do spectacular things, see Read or Die.

As for people wanting SHAFT.. L O L seriously so many people whined about DEEN's crappy animation and yet you want SHAFT lol. These are the same guys who have aired blatantly unfinished episodes of Hidamari Sketch and Bakemonogatari. On the bright side they actually fix and improve things on dvd to their credit. Also SHAFT being full of Bakemonogatari fans showed in how lovingly they adapted Bake... but it's not like every adaption of theirs is so well done, look at Shinbo's Negima tv series which was like a cross of the Negima Manga and SHAFT/Shinbo's PaniPoni Dash!. I'll love to see a proper Negima adaption done one day once the manga is finished... can't believe how awesome Negima turned out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
If they animate Chiru, I'm sure a lot of anime only watchers will be complaining how Battler suddenly cares for Beatrice. The anime did a bad job of showing how he feels about her. Anime Battler is stuck in angry mode.
A lot of anime only viewers (on other forums and especially myanimelist) had problems with the direction the Beatrice and Battler relationship took in the 3rd arc, not thinking these events were believable. Well the 5th arc is like totally way worse lol, I mean the first ten minutes of the 5th VN make no sense considering how Battler was depicted in the anime lol.
Old 2009-12-25, 05:46   Link #4429
urusai

SHAFT's trangressions date back to Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, where they displayed a single freeze frame for just about the entirety of a crucial action scene.

On the other hand, sporadic cost cutting is still better than utter mediocrity all the way through.
Old 2009-12-25, 07:06   Link #4430
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Agreed. Shaft does best with comedy, slice of life and random animes (Sayonara Zetsubo, Bakemonogatari, Negima!?, Hidamari Sketch)

I think Madhouse would be perfect, although I would prefer not to have an anime original ending Bones would be good as well.
Do you expect a not anime original ending and you're asking for BONES, someone hasn't watched DtB2
Old 2009-12-25, 07:57   Link #4431
Westlo
Lets be reality

Uh DtB2 like Dtb is an anime original work, because a manga came out first (and its to hype the anime) doesn't mean it is an adaption. Bones is one of the few studios around these days who actually do original concept anime shows. That being said most of their adaptions have anime origianl endings, look at Soul Eater and original FMA (no choose though) for examples.
Old 2009-12-25, 11:31   Link #4432
Workworkwork

i hope ryukishi07 finally gets a brain like hirohiko araki and stops letting his series be adapted at all.

now to zip out of here because everyone hates me
Old 2009-12-25, 12:56   Link #4433
Honoakari
Lurking Member

The anime adaptation of Umineko can be viewed as a very nice strategy, actually. It is something like "making the anime adaptation not as complete as the VN players would desire, resulting in complaints, which will be heard by the anime-only viewers, who, atracted to Umineko, will switch to the VN, in this way increasing the VN sales". Personally, I doubt that Ryukishi wouldn't like a decent anime adaptation for his work, but at least this is a chain of events that pretty much benefits him.
Old 2009-12-25, 12:58   Link #4434
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

^ either that or the anime-only viewers hate the anime so much that they won't even try the VN..

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-12-25, 13:27   Link #4435
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Uh DtB2 like Dtb is an anime original work, because a manga came out first (and its to hype the anime) doesn't mean it is an adaption. Bones is one of the few studios around these days who actually do original concept anime shows. That being said most of their adaptions have anime origianl endings, look at Soul Eater and original FMA (no choose though) for examples.
But with FMA now they're doing Brotherhood, which is a direct adaptation of the manga.

Although I do agree, SoulEater was not one of my favorites.
Old 2009-12-25, 14:26   Link #4436
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
i hope ryukishi07 finally gets a brain like hirohiko araki and stops letting his series be adapted at all.

now to zip out of here because everyone hates me
Nooo Workworkwork, you must stay! Your posts are the biggest comedy in this forum, you can't just leave us with those serious anime haters!
Old 2009-12-25, 14:52   Link #4437
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I agree, since as much as I like to bash workworkwork theories, I don't really hate him the least. And honestly I've seen far worse theories (at least on my pespective) ^^;

Old 2009-12-25, 15:25   Link #4438
maximilianjenus
[E]

but work^3 posts will not be any fun now that there is no anime to bash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Actually, this would work out if they released a 'recap' OVA of Umineko with new scenes that has all the important reds and blues needed to progress to Chiru. It could feature Lambda and Bern in their rooom discussing the events of this season with Lambda going on a red spree for shits and giggles. The OVA would end with them 'inviting' the viewer to the next game board and their troll faces.

Yeah, not gonna happen but I can still hope lol.

EDIT: You know, I was just thinking how DEEN would've had better sales if they announced that each DVD/BD note is actually a Director's Cut edition with extra scenes that could'nt make it into the broadcast timeslot. Heck they could also have the OST tracks as bonuses and Uraneko's that are actually animated. Hell, have drama cd TIPS like Gohda's note or Witches' Tanabata as bonuses. They already seem to be doing that with the Stakes Valentines and Beato's White Day. Of course, the most important thing to have is them fixing all those damn animation errors in their episodes >_>.

What I really want is a full drama cd set of the arcs, instead of just to Navigation CDs that scratch the surface.
By reading your post I think that what you want is the ps2 to be released.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2009-12-25 at 15:26. Reason: ps2
Old 2009-12-26, 08:53   Link #4439
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Uhhh, has BONES EVER done a VN adaptation before?
Old 2009-12-26, 17:55   Link #4440
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Uhhh, has BONES EVER done a VN adaptation before?
Nope. I don't think they'll start doing them now either. It doesn't really fit the style of any of their teams.

I wouldn't want Madhouse either, since they would end up delegating it to the same team that did Chaos;Head. VNs aren't a medium that most people would care about.

SHAFT isn't so much of animation studio as it is just a bunch of lazy guys that put some stills together five minutes before the episode is supposed to air and put in some animation later in the DVDs.
Closed Thread