AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-04, 18:33   Link #21
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

ugh, the MC is a total let down, going by the synopsis and character description and his appearance. I'd thought he'd be more of a man like Basara, but he's a total pussy... disappointing indeed.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 18:34   Link #22
Marina2

That's nice Opening music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well already watched the first episode for 'peter's sake" and one more for list of don't waste time.

just do all checks:
generic harem mc - ok
generic boss type girl to after loose to mc fall in love- ok
fake trap girl- ok which somehow is the girl from his past which for some miracle survived and now is pretending to be a male
brocon imoto - ok
huge breast girls checked - ok

well another fap anime for fap lovers.
For this type of anime, it usually start all the same but the differences will show once we get deep into the the the story. That's what I found.
Old 2016-04-04, 19:35   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally don't care much that it's your typical harem fantasy battle action anime... I mean, with pretty much another childhood friend couple already introduced, not to mention it's pretty frigging obvious that Emile is the MC's childhood friend back from the dead, how can I fault the show? It's obvious where the author's bias lies...

Really, at this point I'm not watching these kind of series for the plot. I know there will be a duel, maybe the main heroine is a princess (thank God she isn't a fire wielder at least), imouto is a wee bit too attached to her onii-chan, maybe some sort of tournament/school festival, maybe a monster attack or two, etc. Nah, I watch this genre for the little moments for my beloved ship. I mean, Bahamut last cour was really just your standard fare, but it had the highest amount of HHNNNGGGGs out of all winter shows for me. I hope this proves to be the same.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 19:39   Link #24
IceHism

Mc not cute
Main heroine not cute and with a worst disguise than Natsume who at least used magic.
Actually, most of the designs in this leave a bad taste for me.
Imouto not cute
Mc total pushover.

Man I don't even know, this is like even worse than bahamut and gakusen and its like world break or kuusen level.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 19:40   Link #25
xeviouses

Generic, but watchable as far as Battle School Harem go at least.

How the heck is Emile fooling everyone with that disguise??

This is one trope in anime that I will never understand. I mean its too obvious or maybe it is from my perspective because I've seen too much of it already? I don't know anymore.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 19:43   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 19:55   Link #27
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 20:50   Link #28
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Got what I expected, so I can say I'm satisfied. Claire was pretty amusing too, but I wanna see more of what was done in the manga and know more about her character. Hope the novel is a step further so it can be even more enjoyable after the first volume(which is what it was done in the manga).

Hope I can continue watching this, considering that I dropped almost everything last season due to my laziness.

About the art, the studio managed to keep some focal points of Ookuma styles so I can say I'm satisfied about that too. Hope some figures are announced in a near future.
Old 2016-04-04, 21:36   Link #29
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Well, at least the sword is thick, looks more like an elongated machete/katana hybrid.
Other then that not really a spoiler but he does become less Beta from what I've seen.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 21:42   Link #30
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

In the midst of a threat that looms over humanity, the enigmatic Savages, an academic-military city established in a massive floating vessel trains young people in using the only weapons that are capable of slaying the Savages: the Century Armaments, also known as Hundred.

Nothing much to say about this episode. It's clearly the kind of episode where the setting, conflicts and basic character interactions are established. We have Hayato, who survived a Savage attack only to develop a PTSD in the presence of blood, Claire Harvey, the "Perfect Queen" of Little Garden, who has no tolerance against the smallest of mistakes, and Emile, whose real appearance and past is shrouded by a bubbly personality.

I wonder why those gemstones used as a catalyst to summon the Century Armaments are the only things that can hurt the Savages. Logic points to a common source. Emile also has a striking resemblance to the girl Hayato is trying to rescue in his past. The glowing inside her body will definitely be a strong plot device.

As for Claire, wow, what a bitch. I was right to think that she is the kind of beauty that exists only to be taken down a notch by the MC. To be fair, climbing up the ranks of Little Garden may have been at the expense of former teammates, thus the no-nonsense attitude.

Fortunately, they already answered the origin of the title of the show. Now the rest of the series can focus on some worldbuilding... well, after they deal with the upcoming duel between Claire and Hayato.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 22:19   Link #31
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One thing I've been wondering, since we have been seeing so many series with this or similar plotlines, some good and some bad: what's the origin? This is clearly a popular trend, something that happens in any genre, but it generally starts with something either awesome or at least popular that convinces people that the formula will sell. So what's the Hunger Games of this storyline?
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 22:23   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I feel that it was Infinite Stratos that started the School Battle Academy Harem subgenre.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-04-04, 22:26   Link #33
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I think that honor goes to ZnT actually.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 22:29   Link #34
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
After watching the first episode I wondered whether or no there was a manga adaptation and sure enough, there was.

However on looking it up I suddenly realized "Oh yeah ... I read this one before."

I ... totally forgot about it.
Old 2016-04-04, 22:31   Link #35
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Zero no Tsukaima's anime version, probably.
However, the LNs are more appropriate as part of the older-generation isekai and fantasy genres.

Old 2016-04-04, 22:52   Link #36
Pen3

I just hope we don't get the same post about how it is a generic harem every episodes. You know what type of show this is, so just move on to talk about something else. No need to insult it about the same thing over an over again, its kind of depressing. Just have some decency.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 23:22   Link #37
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I just hope we don't get the same post about how it is a generic harem every episodes. You know what type of show this is, so just move on to talk about something else. No need to insult it about the same thing over an over again, its kind of depressing. Just have some decency.
remember just because you only like "positive posts don't means which peoples can't post negative ones is not a matter of "decency" just taste, if you don't like just "don't read and if the post is against the rules report simple like that, better than does some sort of "insult" to peoples too.
Old 2016-04-04, 23:22   Link #38
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Claire's very hot! Bow down to the queen!

Emile looks like that girl back then with Hayato. From what I can see and in the preview, he must have sucked up whatever that was into his own body.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 23:26   Link #39
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
After watching the first episode I wondered whether or no there was a manga adaptation and sure enough, there was.

However on looking it up I suddenly realized "Oh yeah ... I read this one before."

I ... totally forgot about it.
Too bad it was discontinued, it was good.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 23:43   Link #40
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
Its more IS in this case because of the fact is mecha based. ZnT is a school based battle story but IS is where the mecha started although in truth i'm pretty sure there were other harems before ZnT but it is the most famous or infamous depending on who you talk to.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle school, light novel adaptation