AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-25, 23:23   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I mean, Megumin is essentially just a one note character that is only popular because of her explosion magic, it doesn't help that her entire race is also just as one note with their chunnibyou syndrome, she works only because she is around the others and her people only worked for the one movie, focusing on them and expecting variety was always doomed to fail.

Meanwhile, you have Kazuma over here who is enough of a character by himself that if any of the others weren't around he would just be equally as entertaining no matter who the cast surrounding his was, this show could have easily been about him joining the Demon Lords army as one of its soldiers or generals and it would have been equally as hilarious, heck, this entire show could have taken place back on Earth and been set in his school and it would still be hilarious to follow him around.
She has a gimmick but I feel like they've shown over time that there's more to her than just that.

On Earth he was a NEET who didn't interact with people. He does not have that luxury in this world .
Old 2024-04-25, 23:33   Link #82
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
On Earth he was a NEET who didn't interact with people. He does not have that luxury in this world .
He's tried. Multiple times
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-25, 23:35   Link #83
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He's tried. Multiple times
And it never sticks .
Old 2024-04-26, 01:34   Link #84
scififan

Quote:

Meanwhile, you have Kazuma over here who is enough of a character by himself that if any of the others weren't around he would just be equally as entertaining no matter who the cast surrounding his was, this show could have easily been about him joining the Demon Lords army as one of its soldiers or generals and it would have been equally as hilarious, heck, this entire show could have taken place back on Earth and been set in his school and it would still be hilarious to follow him around.
I still have difficulty to understand Kazuma's joke. He plays his role as the playmate for a wealthy girl, as in Alps No Shoujo Heidi. The butler greets him is called Sebastian. Since Heidi, the name Sebastian is synonym to an anime butler.

Kazuma plays the conventional RPG, so he rather fight demon king than joining demon king's army. Now, he has the ruling princess by his side. He has more confidence to fight against the demon king. Maybe the authority of the princess is not enough to help Kazuma to catch the thief. One possibility is to use Aqua's cult. Aqua's believers tend to be a crazy bunch. Maybe they become Aqua's believer because they are a crazy bunch. Although they don't like Aqua in person, they can capture anyone despised by goddess Aqua.

The conversation the brother of the princess is the kingdom's best fighter. The conversation suggests Darkness is potential suitor to the prince. Although Darkness has close relation to the princess, but her reaction shows she is not in a good term with the prince. Maybe the story will explore this part.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-26, 14:04   Link #85
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
I mean, Megumin is essentially just a one note character that is only popular because of her explosion magic, it doesn't help that her entire race is also just as one note with their chunnibyou syndrome, she works only because she is around the others and her people only worked for the one movie, focusing on them and expecting variety was always doomed to fail.

I'd have to disagree. I think the big thing that makes Megumin so popular isn't "she make things go BOOM", but rather how she plays off of other characters, especially Kazuma. She's skilled at turning things around, sensitive enough to react strongly to his antics but independent and strong-willed enough to stand up and fight rather than just get upset or back down. When she sees a way to manipulate things to her favor, she takes it (seen right at the beginning when Kazuma tries to dump her and she, hearing women suggest he'd done something obscene, immediately starts shouting offers to play into that until Kazuma accepts just to avoid further wrecking his reputation). Yeah, she is over-the-top with her Chuunibyou and her obsession with that one spell, but she has more to her than that and complements Kazuma very well. She's frankly the only one that can properly fight with him on equal terms.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 11:59   Link #86
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A defense often brought up for Megumin's show (in this very thread in fact) is that Konosuba only works when the cast is all together. After this episode, I'm 100% convinced Kazuma could carry a show on his own, unlike Megumin.
He wears thin slower, but I'd say he can carry two episodes at most.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 10:42   Link #87
Frontier

Now Kazuma and co. are shacking up with their old buddy Alderp! Who would rather not deal with them, but having Lalatina around to ogle and flirt with is a great motivator! If not a perfect one when he sees what he has to live with now .

I'm not surprised that Alderp has a secret room and see-through magic mirror that lets him spy on women in the bath, nor am I surprised that he and Kazuma get in a shouting match over who gets to use the room...and in this battle of degenerates, Darkness wins by catching them and breaking the mirror .

Kazuma finally realizes he and Megumin are in the romcom phase of their relationship! And unsurprisingly, Megumin's criteria for a "date" is causing explosions that bother people and having Kazuma carry her everywhere .

Those maids deal with a lot...being sexually harassed or peeped on by their lord and Kazuma, getting drunk with Aqua, or getting regaled by Megumin's exploits (AKA her taking credit for all their battles) .

Of course on the day before they have to leave, the thief shows up...and to the surprise of no one, it's Chris. Even less surprising is Kazuma catching her by basically sexually assaulting her. But at least he didn't steal her panties! This time .

Well, I'm sure Chris has her own reasons for robbing people...but Kazuma knows this is a side-quest and backstory he does not have time for and no motivation to get involved with. Chris should just be grateful he's letting her go rather than turning her in .

Kazuma is in a bind! Literally! And that makes it convenient for the girls to mess with him when he needs their help! From Aqua confessing the mess she made in his room to Darkness and Megumin torturing him to get him to say what they want! With witnesses !

Kazuma has nothing to show for his efforts to capture the thief except everyone judging him, but at least Iris still believes in him .

I guess it was payback from Kazuma that Aqua didn't get to eat her meat .

Poor Kyouya...when they're not getting his name wrong, Aqua still doesn't remember him. Even him trying to charm with a ring doesn't work because it's too big. But the bubbly might help .

Kazuma really thought he could get out of this without Chris giving him an explanation and roping him into her mission to collect dangerous Divine Artifacts? She already stole his money mallet! But Kazuma would rather sleep in and threaten to sexually assault her if she doesn't leave him alone in classic Kazuma fashion .

Not even the Demon King army will let Kazuma sleep! Nor will Darkness, who has to corral her crazy party into action...but the chance for recognition (and another shot at staying in the capital and with Iris) is enough to motivate Kazuma to get off his butt and drag Aqua with him !
Old 2024-05-01, 11:55   Link #88
EroKing

Old 2024-05-01, 12:08   Link #89
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
I get the feeling Aqua knows she's basically watching the most delightfully dysfunctional harem anime.

Honestly, Kris's situation makes a lot of sense. Sending heroes into the world to try and deal with the Demon King along with super-powerful weapons and items is all well and good, but with a lot of them dying, all that's left are items that could cause even more havoc than the Demon King if not managed. It's a given I guess that they'd have to retrieve them afterward.
Old 2024-05-01, 13:39   Link #90
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I get the feeling Aqua knows she's basically watching the most delightfully dysfunctional harem anime.

Honestly, Kris's situation makes a lot of sense. Sending heroes into the world to try and deal with the Demon King along with super-powerful weapons and items is all well and good, but with a lot of them dying, all that's left are items that could cause even more havoc than the Demon King if not managed. It's a given I guess that they'd have to retrieve them afterward.
We saw what happened with that smart guy and all the stuff he built/made .
Old 2024-05-01, 14:23   Link #91
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
We saw what happened with that smart guy and all the stuff he built/made .
Not all the stuff. not yet.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 14:25   Link #92
Shadow5YA

This episode shows why Kazuma still hasn't figured out Chris's true identity yet. He just doesn't want to know
Old 2024-05-01, 17:46   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
That's same face she made when she saw his dick

Quote:
This episode shows why Kazuma still hasn't figured out Chris's true identity yet. He just doesn't want to know
I guess that's part of it. It was funny how he prayed several times to Eris in this episode to avoid getting romped into Chris' business. I can't wait for him to find out the truth, as I can't really tell how he's going to react. He completely idolizes Eris and sees Chris as more of an annoyance than anything else. I think he'll definitely have something to say about the pads, at least...
Old 2024-05-01, 18:36   Link #94
GDB

I think I've liked Darkness more these past few episodes than the previous few seasons combined. She's still being bullied (Darkness gonna Darkness), but she has an air of responsibility in her actions that you don't normally feel.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 18:42   Link #95
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think I've liked Darkness more these past few episodes than the previous few seasons combined. She's still being bullied (Darkness gonna Darkness), but she has an air of responsibility in her actions that you don't normally feel.
That's because she only behaves in front of nobility. Since there's no one with any status in Axel, she doesn't have to act responsible there.
Old 2024-05-01, 19:48   Link #96
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I guess that's part of it. It was funny how he prayed several times to Eris in this episode to avoid getting romped into Chris' business. I can't wait for him to find out the truth, as I can't really tell how he's going to react. He completely idolizes Eris and sees Chris as more of an annoyance than anything else. I think he'll definitely have something to say about the pads, at least...
One thing I thought interesting was how, when Kazuma prayed to Eris, Chris actually stopped because she "felt something". Like she as Eris actually feels people's prayers, or at least certain people if they're close enough.
Old 2024-05-01, 20:43   Link #97
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Darkness having to keep Larry Moe and Curly under control in Lords Aldarp mansion while Megumin doing her daily explosions around the kingdom scaring everyone in the city
Old 2024-05-01, 21:20   Link #98
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That's because she only behaves in front of nobility. Since there's no one with any status in Axel, she doesn't have to act responsible there.
Yeah, it helps her character a lot. I think it's because it helps her get some licks of her own in instead of constantly being the butt of the joke.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-01, 23:42   Link #99
Frontier

Darkness basically forced into being the Only Sane Woman of the party now .
Old 2024-05-02, 00:43   Link #100
Random14

Its kind of scary that Darkness is the sane one this time... but then she actually can be responsible when she has to, its a nice change seeing her take things kind of seriously. Not like Aqua will ever contribute much, this isn't Megumin's arc and Kazuma will have to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing something.

Yay, Chris is back, though she might have it worse than Kazuma even, with a job like collecting all those potential bombs left lying around and then what Kazuma did to her. Though the way Kazuma's life goes, he's going to run into her again whether he wants to or not.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote