AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 78 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 7.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.92%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-26, 14:54   Link #41
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Wow! This episode was...

Well...I managed to oversleep and miss the Keyhole TV broadcast but nonetheless, I caught the episode by other means.

Just some really BRIEF commentary before I head back to work LOL!

- Ummm....Original Macross much?
- Ah Sheryl, Sheryl....for split second, I had to shake my head furiously because I thought I saw "Misa"
- And yes, Sheryl, I too would want to grip the bed sheets out of frustration. That was just heartbreaking but it was bound to happen I suppose.
- It's Operation Minmei Attack...er...I mean Ranka
- Michel again the voice of reason even for a brief moment.
- Great....rogue Zentradi LOL
- WTF??? The SDF-1???
- Loved ending some...yet another homage to the Original Macross.

That concludes my miniscule commentary as I'm inching my way back to work....See in about 7-ish hours??

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-26, 15:08   Link #42
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Oh yeah, it seems that Cathy's father has a thing against Zentradi.
Old 2008-06-26, 15:17   Link #43
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Hikaru was a good pilot. He just had the misfortune of having competent oppenents.
Pfft, no. If you are looking from the perspective of Gundam, yeah Hikaru at the level of Gundam piloting would indeed be a great pilot, especially since the average Gundam grunt was a little better than DOOM AI. By the standards of Macross, Max would be a great pilot, Roy would be a great pilot, Hikaru on the other hand, was above average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
It looks like his name is Temujin in the credits. A little Genghis Khan thing going I guess.
Meh, told everyone that wasn't Quamzin when Ep11 released the preview. After all, if that was Quamzin, where the hell is his Gluag

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND VOR!)
Old 2008-06-26, 15:25   Link #44
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Meh, told everyone that wasn't Quamzin when Ep11 released the preview. After all, if that was Quamzin, where the hell is his Gluag

- Tak (DEUTSCHLAND VOR!)
Well, it's one character away, so definitely a deliberate homage.

He ditched the Glaug way back in SDF Macross. The Monster Mk II is where it's at. Yee-haw!
Old 2008-06-26, 15:29   Link #45
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm thinking of the mess the Romance thread will be once ani_d and the other Ranka fans get their hands on this episode.
Forget that thread.. this thread wont be safe either
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-06-26, 16:50   Link #46
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Lets not bring that up... but I can tell things will be a mess.
Can't wait for the sub and the forum fireworks. But it's definitely entertaining so far!
Old 2008-06-26, 16:51   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Did Ranka just do her own rendition of Mikuru beammmmm?

It just goes to show that music is the way forward in stopping any wars...Sheryl failed miserably in this ep to shine at all

I don't know now but I still say that Sheryl is still ahead of Ranka in Alto's books, but she will regret ever helping Ranka on her way to stardom O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-06-26, 16:56   Link #48
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

I don't know now but I still say that Sheryl is still ahead of Ranka in Alto's books, but she will regret ever helping Ranka on her way to stardom O.o

Well... from the way I see it, both girls will have to either choose alto or stardom at the end.

Edit: Westlo is on! now all we need is ani_d for the fireworks to start!
Old 2008-06-26, 16:58   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

Just as planned.
Old 2008-06-26, 17:00   Link #50
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Did Ranka just do her own rendition of Mikuru beammmmm?

It just goes to show that music is the way forward in stopping any wars...Sheryl failed miserably in this ep to shine at all

Actually I think that the scenes that Sheryl had in this episode were wonderful. Of course she fell behind on the triangle front, but her determination in wanting to continue on so that she could give Alto his present was awesome. Plus the frustration and loneliness that she exuded bodes well for her chances overall. I'm not sure she will regret helping Ranka. If she fails she will most likely blame herself for not having the power to control her own destiny.
Old 2008-06-26, 17:03   Link #51
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well... from the way I see it, both girls will have to either choose alto or stardom at the end.
I'm happy to say that the key is to look in Sheryl's bed scene. I'm not sure if Sheryl realizes it in her feverish state, but her birthday gift to Alto was the reason why she's desperate to get out of bed. I love this woman more and more.

Westlo's on! I smell an explosion.
Old 2008-06-26, 17:05   Link #52
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Oddly enough, sometimes the secret to shining brightly involves not being the center of attention at all. The simple act of trying to push herself to fulfill Alto's dreams in spite of being extremely ill was vastly more moving than anything she could have achieved by holding yet another concert.

If I didn't love her already before, well, I do now.
Old 2008-06-26, 17:07   Link #53
Tsuchiro

I can imagine Ranka pulling a Minmei already.....
Old 2008-06-26, 17:31   Link #54
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Actually I think that the scenes that Sheryl had in this episode were wonderful. Of course she fell behind on the triangle front, but her determination in wanting to continue on so that she could give Alto his present was awesome. Plus the frustration and loneliness that she exuded bodes well for her chances overall. I'm not sure she will regret helping Ranka. If she fails she will most likely blame herself for not having the power to control her own destiny.
That I know, but try telling it to the warring Zentradi

Though seriously, her commitment was all for Alto which was wonderful to watch but that isn't any good to the warring guys in the series which was what I was talking about when I mentioned "shining".

But us Sheryl fans will know

The same can be said for Rank though, determination wise.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-06-26, 17:40   Link #55
Flame-X
Anti-fan

LOL Ranka's entire single is played through the 2nd half of the ep. XD

EDIT: woops, "Watashi no Kare ha Pilot -MISS MACROSS 2059-" wasnt played. haha
Old 2008-06-26, 17:43   Link #56
ReddyRedWolf

Still downloading the Raw.

But from one image I've seen of it's arms it is not the "Macross".

The talk is that it is called the SDF-2 Southern Cross.

Spoiler for SDF-2 Southern Cross:

Also rumour has it there is a SDF-3 named Orguss.

Apparently a homage to the other Super Dimensional series produced by Studio Nue.

I take it these Macross class ships are predecessors to the New Macross class.

Guess engineers never bothered to fix the kinks with main gun in the original and applied it to rest of the class.

Though originally Megaroad-1 was to be designated SDF-2.
Old 2008-06-26, 17:51   Link #57
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I'm stuck at work, not even able to do more than hope for a RAW tonight when I get home. Obviously, I can't vote on this episode until I see it, so I'm with-holding there. Couple of points though...

It's great that Ranka finally can shine on her own now. She's been needing it, and I know her loyal fans have been waiting for it for some time now. I wish her the best of success as she blossoms into a star(the star of the series following the footsteps of Minmei I believe). It's also good, that she's able to show more than just a school crush on Alto finally. Though I can't see yet how it plays out.

As a Sheryl fan, I'm depressed what I'm hearing, on her sickness, and the frustrations/sufferings she's going through since she can't fulfill her present/promise to Alto. From what I'm reading, she really does, deeply care about Alto. If the episode plays out in my eyes, as I'm reading on here, I'm going to feel even more strongly, as a supporter of her.

I may be no Westlo, but my dedication to Sheryl is just as true.
Old 2008-06-26, 18:01   Link #58
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm stuck at work, not even able to do more than hope for a RAW tonight when I get home. Obviously, I can't vote on this episode until I see it, so I'm with-holding there. Couple of points though...

It's great that Ranka finally can shine on her own now. She's been needing it, and I know her loyal fans have been waiting for it for some time now. I wish her the best of success as she blossoms into a star(the star of the series following the footsteps of Minmei I believe). It's also good, that she's able to show more than just a school crush on Alto finally. Though I can't see yet how it plays out.

As a Sheryl fan, I'm depressed what I'm hearing, on her sickness, and the frustrations/sufferings she's going through since she can't fulfill her present/promise to Alto. From what I'm reading, she really does, deeply care about Alto. If the episode plays out in my eyes, as I'm reading on here, I'm going to feel even more strongly, as a supporter of her.

I may be no Westlo, but my dedication to Sheryl is just as true.
Yep, my dedication to Sheryl hasn't wavered a bit since she first appeared in Deculture, but I feel that the various scenes in this episode are when she has shined the most. There's the depression of seeing her fail, but the emotions that she shows during those parts come through very well.
Old 2008-06-26, 18:04   Link #59
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i dont much of the history of Macross... Zentradi do they go all crazy if they dont get thier idol to sing?
Old 2008-06-26, 18:07   Link #60
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
i dont much of the history of Macross... Zentradi do they go all crazy if they dont get thier idol to sing?
In contrast to Meltrandi that go crazy "Kyyaaa~" with guns and missiles blazing when they hear a rockstar sing.
Closed Thread