AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-05, 20:56   Link #41
james0246

^You took my facetious joke harshly (potentially personally), so I apologize (if you like, I will gladly remove my previous post if it caused offense). There was no reason to bring up the explicit representation of her past, since it was heavily implied, but, that being said, this is just a further crime that needs to be laid at the horrendously deformed feet of the inhuman Tenryubito. I can't wait to see the personalized villain (the embodiment of the horrendous Tenryubito ideals) that Luffy will fight (I hope it is not DoFlamingo, I like DoFlamingo ).

Last edited by james0246; 2008-11-05 at 21:13.
Old 2008-11-05, 21:18   Link #42
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I can't wait to see the personalized villain (the embodiment of the horrendous Tenryubito ideals) that Luffy will fight (I hope it is not DoFlamingo, I like DoFlamingo ).

Doflamingo's a good possibility, though. After all, we have confirmation from his earlier chat with Disco that he was heavily involved in the slave trading business.... maybe it was even his men who captured and sold the Boa sisters to those vile World Nobles in the first place. But if it isn't him, then I wouldn't doubt that the villain in question is at least connected to him....

Oh, and I think someone once made a prediction about Luffy escaping from Amazon Lily (and Momonga) by disguising himself as a female, right? Because I'd actually find it pretty amusing if that were actually going to happen. I'd love to see Luffy disguised as "Luffyzaki" from that "Obahan Time" comic that Oda did a couple of years back. I always thought Luffy looked best in an afro!
Old 2008-11-05, 21:38   Link #43
ellifeedn
Thinker

I believe I was the one who called the female dress-up. It was based on a Dragonball episode I saw years ago where Goku dressed up as a girl. I don't remember what happened, but I'm positive it was hilarious.
Old 2008-11-05, 22:10   Link #44
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Boa shouldn't be very old, so Fisher Tiger should be known by many, exceptions are possible like Luffy and Chopper. But, if he did something like that against the WG, his path might have crossed with Dragon's. And, that may also explain why Hachi decided to become a pirate (after possibly experiencing a similar kind of cruelty from the slave riders). Though I guess that must have happened after Roger died. And, if that is the case Tom might have left that pirate group before it collapsed (if he was originally a member). Since he was a ship builder even before Roger reached his peak (he couldn't have achieved that title with a ship that was not even a part of history right now, right?).

Well, in any case, Oda created another mystery arc that we can look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
IMHO they don't need another member; they already have more than enough.
Besides: IIRC everytime a new member was introduced, it was when the whole crew was present. So it should be impossible to get a new member, with Luffy beeing alone somewhere.
Luffy is the captain, so he is different than others. And, if it were to be left to others, they wouldn't have exceeded number 3. Luffy is the sole decision maker, and the others follow even though the decision is approvable by the others. Regarding the new crew member, I don't know how Boa can separate from her sisters (if they were her real sisters). But, if you think of her character she would be a perfect match for Sanji's (kind of like a twisted female version of him), though she may do what Sanji does for Luffy, who would reply her with nothing, driving her crazy (creating highly enjoyable scenes).
Old 2008-11-06, 01:09   Link #45
UNDergroundX

Fisher Tiger might be a Nakama of Dragon before. Since he is in fact, a revolutionary.
Well, if we are seeing Dragon soon, well I guess he must have a bad ass crew.

Lets just see whats in store.
Old 2008-11-06, 02:40   Link #46
Undertaker

I like what the spoiler has shown so far. In 1 chapter Oda turns Boa to the good side, and all her prior actions can be explained, and since those actions are not evil to begin with, those action are forgettable IMO.

Especially the part about kicking the old women. If Kuja Pirate is traditionally headed by the Empress of the Amazon Lilly, than the old women could very well be the captain at time of Boa sister's capture. And since they are freed by Fisher Tiger, not the old women, it normal for Boa to treat her as part of the reason why she and her sister are enslaved, and calling her a traitor. Because in her mind, not only did the old woman fail to protect them in the first place, she even leave them to be enslaved and fail to save them, not to mention there's always a possibility that there might not even been an attemp seeing how the old women refuse to go directly oppose to WG/Marine.

One thing though, from the some of the spoiler shots, I saw the picture of Carlos, the Tenryubito that Luffy punched. It seem like the shot came up while Boa was talking about her slave day. If that's the case, than Carlos' family was the one that own Boa and her sister before, no wonder they acts the way they are now.

We finally learned more about Sun's Piratethat Rayleigh mentioned, I wonder if Rayleigh knew Fisher Tiger personally....

Last edited by Undertaker; 2008-11-06 at 03:45.
Old 2008-11-06, 03:53   Link #47
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Im expecting some Donflamingo about this arc, since he is the king in this entire slave business.Tiger Shark might be relative to Arlong or Jinbei.Arlong is racist as hell, not so sure that he gained these racist feeling from his father who saved humans too from World Goverment's slave business while saving fishmen.

This arc can lead to so many different places from now on.The hate Luffy gathered towards this slave business in latest arcs can make Luffy to hunt Donflamingo to end it all...Or Luffy can keep searching for merman island since Tiger Fish included in storyline...Or he may simply gather his nakama back and keep getting stronger.I so badly want to see Luffy admiring Kizaru as another Lucci/Aokiji nemesis style and pursuing him.This entire mysterious haki power of Luffy can hit the limit by defeating Kizaru in the end, giving Luffy some real reputation among everyone not just WG.Besides, Kizaru is not so friendly character like Aokiji so I wouldnt mind him getting defeated by Luffy one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydecember View Post
Anyone can have haki actually, if they learn it. All the people in Amazon Lily seems to know how to use it. But Luffy is an anomaly in this concept. While he doesn't know anything about haki, he seems to be able to blast it out, regarding to his emotions, and he has a special type of haki.
Im not so sure about that.If every people living around can learn it then why should %90 of the characters skip it? Its a natural counter for devil fruit users.I still like the theory that there are some rare people born with haki power, and there are 1-2 extremely rare people that can use special haki.And about amazons whose using special haki arrows, Hebihime might have personally imbued the arrows for amazons to perform more devastating attacks on normal and df people.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2008-11-06 at 04:06.
Old 2008-11-06, 11:29   Link #48
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Im not so sure about that.If every people living around can learn it then why should %90 of the characters skip it? Its a natural counter for devil fruit users.I still like the theory that there are some rare people born with haki power, and there are 1-2 extremely rare people that can use special haki.And about amazons whose using special haki arrows, Hebihime might have personally imbued the arrows for amazons to perform more devastating attacks on normal and df people.
You don't just 'learn' Haki, you don't learn it, its in everyone. You only learn how to control your Haki to use it actively. And its not just a simple 'skill' and not just used in fighting or to counter Logias.

Everyone has Haki in them, its just how strong or weak it is. And people like Shanks, Rayleigh, Hancock and Luffy are people with extremely strong Haki. Luffy's Haki is very strong, its just that he doesn't know how to use it actively and effectively, he only just bursts it out because of his strong emotions and will.

I highly recommend, no, I urge you to read the Haki thread, just 7 pages, but its alot of words. I humbly suggest you start reading from page 3 of the thread and from my post onwards all the way to page 7: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ki#post1821714

From there, you will get a deeper a understanding of what Haki is.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-06, 11:43   Link #49
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Of coures Luffy is the one who makes the decision, but what I really mean is, that everytime a new crewmember gets introduced, the whole existing crew is present. Yes, Luffy can make someone of the Amazons a new crewmember, but it would be completely against the usual scheme.
I am not saying that will happen either. And, not because of Luffy's usual tendencies, but because he doesn't really have the time to think of that right now. And, of course, he needs to go through a mini-story arc with that person to make that decision, too.
Old 2008-11-06, 15:13   Link #50
marvelB

While it's true that Oda's version of Haki may very well have some differences from C.A.'s explanation, I do believe that the same basic idea will apply: That is, it's not really something that can be "taught". After all, it's not like we're "taught" to have ambition in real life, right? Ambition is something we have instinctively. If Luffy does get any sort of "Haki training" (which I'm really hoping won't be the case here), he'd just have to learn how to control his bursts, that's all (Luffy sucks with weapons, so I doubt he'd need to learn how to infuse Haki into arrows or swords or whatever). He can take care of things on his own from there....
Old 2008-11-06, 15:24   Link #51
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I do believe that the same basic idea will apply: That is, it's not really something that can be "taught".
That won't explain why an island full of randomly selected deserters can be able to use haki.
Old 2008-11-06, 15:40   Link #52
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
That won't explain why an island full of randomly selected deserters can be able to use haki.
Its the environment they're in that shaped them into Haki users.

Based on my 'theories', everyone has Haki, just that not everyone knows how to use it effectively.

The women who lived or was brought to Amazon Lily, grew up in an environment where strength is beauty, everyone wants to be strong. In this society, everyone learns how to actively control their Haki and is the force that pulls this society together. A society ruled by power under a single Empress with the strongest Haki.

It doesn't matter whether their Haki is strong or weak or is not a matter of whether their Haki is strong or weak. They didn't learn to have Haki, they learnt to control their own Haki, strong or weak.

Old 2008-11-06, 15:56   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The women who lived or was brought to Amazon Lily, grew up in an environment where strength is beauty, everyone wants to be strong. In this society, everyone learns how to actively control their Haki and is the force that pulls this society together. A society ruled by power under a single Empress with the strongest Haki.

Also, we can't forget to mention that they live in a strip of the ocean that's filled to the brim with many vicious sea kings. The Kuja amazons have no choice but to grow strong in an environment like that. It's really no wonder why so many of them are able to use Haki like they do. Everywhere else, most people have the convenience of superior technology and DF abilities to survive, so they wouldn't be able to develop a will as strong as those of the Kuja amazons....

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-11-06 at 16:08.
Old 2008-11-06, 17:48   Link #54
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Its the environment they're in that shaped them into Haki users. Based on my 'theories', everyone has Haki, just that not everyone knows how to use it effectively.
That is of course the case. You cannot use something that you don't have. But, that doesn't mean it cannot be taught.
Old 2008-11-06, 18:04   Link #55
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
That is of course the case. You cannot use something that you don't have. But, that doesn't mean it cannot be taught.
I'd give it to you if you're along these lines, which I don't even know if they make good sense:

"Everyone has to breathe, but they can be taught to breathe."
"Eating is an instinct, but you can also be taught to eat."
"Everyone has a fear in them, but they can be taught to fear something."
----------

Anyway for actual discussion on this chapter itself, on stuff like Fisher and people who may be related to him.

Dragon for one, may be related to him as people have stated.

From what we've heard, Fisher climbed Red Line alone, bare handed and single handedly went against WG. It was a lone act he did himself, he wasn't doing it with anyone else.

I'd like to think that Dragon was also one of those people he rescued from slavery and only from there he joined the Sun Pirates and inspired to become a revolutionist. He has a tatoo on his face, though it doesn't seem like one of those slave tatoos.

Old 2008-11-06, 18:36   Link #56
Darmill

Great chapter. Boa tested Luffy's personality at first (take the ship or bring Margaret & Co back to life). Luffy didn't hesitate to choose the later one and kneeled down to express his gratitude, Boa surely was impressed.

Boa also said that she doesn't want to be ruled by anyone else again, so it's unlikely that she'll join Luffy (Luffy being the captain). But if she does, why not? Franky also was a leader and became one of the SHs. Boa's sisters will then keep leading the amazons once Boa decides to leave them for a while.

The only problem would be the name of the ship: instead of "Thousand Sunny" we'll probably see the statue Sanji in front of the ship...
But hey, Sanji will be her worshiper, so Boa would undo the curse, I mean from time to tme, at least 3 times a day, especially when the SHs need someone to cook.
Old 2008-11-06, 19:06   Link #57
james0246

Quote:
I'd like to think that Dragon was also one of those people he rescued from slavery and only from there he joined the Sun Pirates and inspired to become a revolutionist. He has a tatoo on his face, though it doesn't seem like one of those slave tatoos.
Um...Dragon is the son of Vice-Admiral Garp, so I somehow doubt that Garp would follow the WG (for so long) if his own son was sold into their slavery. So, it seems unlikely that Dragon was ever a slave.
Old 2008-11-06, 19:21   Link #58
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Um...Dragon is the son of Vice-Admiral Garp, so I somehow doubt that Garp would follow the WG (for so long) if his own son was sold into their slavery. So, it seems unlikely that Dragon was ever a slave.
lol you're right

I was trying to tie Dragon to Fisher, while thinking that Fisher only had Nakama after the incident. If Dragon had any relation to or inspiration from Fisher, it can only come after that incident. So I thought he was a freed slave.

Well, it could still work if Dragon was a pirate captain who got captured as a slave and was freed by Fisher.

But then I don't think it happened lol

Old 2008-11-06, 19:44   Link #59
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
lol you're right

I was trying to tie Dragon to Fisher, while thinking that Fisher only had Nakama after the incident. If Dragon had any relation to or inspiration from Fisher, it can only come after that incident. So I thought he was a freed slave.

Well, it could still work if Dragon was a pirate captain who got captured as a slave and was freed by Fisher.

But then I don't think it happened lol
I like your theory though. A lot more believable than the Boa is Luffy's mom theory.
Old 2008-11-06, 21:30   Link #60
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
I'd give it to you if you're along these lines, which I don't even know if they make good sense:

"Everyone has to breathe, but they can be taught to breathe."
"Eating is an instinct, but you can also be taught to eat."
"Everyone has a fear in them, but they can be taught to fear something."
Frankly, those are not good examples. You are focusing on something which you cannot control cause it may be related for your survival, while you need to focus on something which may not appear in your life. Luffy, despite being under worse situations couldn't awaken that power, but, it appeared, after he experienced that power (kind of like nen from HxH, interesting, isn't it?). In nen's case, you have it, and you can be taught how to use it.
Closed Thread