AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-09-02, 00:28   Link #941
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Does vol 7 manga is still ongoing? I don't think I've heard any news about it for a while..
You mean Requiem? Yes, in Japan is still ongoing. Will just told Lion he's the dead cat (Chap 16) so soon Clair should show up.

Last edited by jjblue1; 2012-10-16 at 16:36.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:41   Link #942
battle22

"he's "
!!!!!!!!! She's!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 2012-09-02, 07:48   Link #943
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
"he's "
!!!!!!!!! She's!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Honestly I don't really know how to refer to Lion if with a he or a she. -_-

Since I've heard so many times to use 'he', when I'm giving a rushed response I tend to do it as well simply because it's simple (and because since English isn't my first language sometimes I use 'he' even with females if I'm not careful... :P)

Honestly I would really love to know what Lion is... though I doubt we'll even get an answer...
Old 2012-09-02, 07:58   Link #944
battle22

Well there is room for both interpretations, Believe the one you like the most. XD For me Lion is Female.
Old 2012-09-02, 08:02   Link #945
jjblue1

Quote:
Well there is room for both interpretations, Believe the one you like the most. XD For me Lion is Female.
Personally it's the interpretation I favour... though I didn't think there was someone else sharing this idea...
Old 2012-09-02, 09:07   Link #946
battle22

Don't worry, a lot of people think Lion is female as well, It's like 50-50
Old 2012-09-02, 12:45   Link #947
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

If Lion is male then there were some nasty yaoi stuff in EP7......

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:47   Link #948
battle22

Yeah That is why I hate the fact about Both Yasu and Lion being Male, Since it is not revealed , I can believe its female and there are also hints sugesting it (Not that there are no hints which suggest It's male)
Old 2012-09-02, 12:53   Link #949
tempteste

Where do you find this 'nasty yaoi stuff'? I don't think there were any at all.
tempteste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 13:08   Link #950
battle22

If Yasu is male, He loved Battler, Battler loved him back, George loved him back. Yeah , No I dont like Yaoi , thank you
Old 2012-09-02, 13:26   Link #951
tempteste

What? Yasu had serious gender issues. If she's indeed male then mostly likely is transgendered or close to it. At least she wants Battler/George to see her as a woman. It's not a 'yaoi'.
Old 2012-09-02, 13:39   Link #952
jjblue1

Quote:
If Yasu is male, He loved Battler, Battler loved him back, George loved him back. Yeah , No I dont like Yaoi , thank you
Personally I like Yaoi which is why I'm weak for CLAMP's works.
However I also like Boy/Girl relations.
In the end I would be fine with Lion being a boy as well as Lion being a girl.
Same for Yasu.

In my mind I've my own tales with Yasu/Lion being boys and being girls. The possibilities are equally interesting and my preference in Yasu/Lion being a girl is based merely on me finding more logic the reasoning that says she's a she, not about a particular taste in a certain type of pairing.

I'm fine with both, really.

What I'm not fine with is 'oh, Lion must be a boy because yaoi is cooler' because to me it feels like forcing yaoi in the story and since I've seen it done to many other stories by fanfic authors and it ended up turning characters into complete OOC to fit their tastes.

Call me biased but if Lion/Yasu has to be a boy just for the yaoi sake I'm going to be disappointed.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:01   Link #953
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Y'know, if Lion/Yasu is a male, it really ties together most of the themes of his/her character arc.

And, y'know, our focus on their gender is REALLY disrespectful to them, and suddenly going "ew" because they're a male instead of a female would be outright horribly mean, if they were a little person. So let's cut it out with that attitude before we start acting like assholes and offending transgender people, mmkay?
Old 2012-09-02, 14:01   Link #954
battle22

Aura , this is fiction . I dont like Yaoi in fiction, I just don't like it, is there a problem with that? . Real life is different mmkay? I would never dare to say ew to a real trasngendered person, because it is none of my buiseness ... agh spelling..
Old 2012-09-02, 15:57   Link #955
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempteste View Post
What? Yasu had serious gender issues. If she's indeed male then mostly likely is transgendered or close to it. At least she wants Battler/George to see her as a woman. It's not a 'yaoi'.
There is also the possibility the gennitals were destroyed by the fall, and Yasu was introduced as a female regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempteste View Post
Where do you find this 'nasty yaoi stuff'? I don't think there were any at all.
Two words. Ass pinching.

(Plus, Genji was afraid Kinzo might rape his own son )

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Y'know, if Lion/Yasu is a male, it really ties together most of the themes of his/her character arc.

And, y'know, our focus on their gender is REALLY disrespectful to them, and suddenly going "ew" because they're a male instead of a female would be outright horribly mean, if they were a little person. So let's cut it out with that attitude before we start acting like assholes and offending transgender people, mmkay?
Yeah, sorry 'bout that, I realize my comment may have been insensitive. Either way, I'm okay to accept Yasu as a female or a male (he/she would be homosexual either way now that I think about it). After all he/she is one of my most beloved characters in the series.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 16:21   Link #956
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Two words. Ass pinching.

I'm not sure how Yasu/Lion being female would make this better or worse... or am I misunderstanding you?
Old 2012-09-02, 16:38   Link #957
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Aura , this is fiction . I dont like Yaoi in fiction, I just don't like it, is there a problem with that?
Yes, there is. Because it means you're putting too much emphasis on someone's gender or sexuality to the point that you're denying entire options as "ewky" even at the cost of understanding the person's heart better....which is the point of the novel Ryukishi wrote.

It's not like Yasu ever GETS DOWN with anyone. No one's putting "yaoi" in your head but you. :P
Old 2012-09-02, 20:05   Link #958
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

shounen ai =/= yaoi
Old 2012-09-02, 22:29   Link #959
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
No one's putting "yaoi" in your head but you. :P
What!? You mean Ryukishi didn't write Umineko so he could write explicitly about the sexual relations between two males? =0

But really guys, if you start going "eew, yuck" because Yasu/Lion turns out to have a Y chromosome, then you miss out on the point of his character.

I agree with Aura, that it would make more sense thematically if Yasu was male, but this isn't really the place to be discussing this; it's only the manga thread.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 22:47   Link #960
tempteste

Quote:
What I'm not fine with is 'oh, Lion must be a boy because yaoi is cooler' because to me it feels like forcing yaoi in the story and since I've seen it done to many other stories by fanfic authors and it ended up turning characters into complete OOC to fit their tastes.

Call me biased but if Lion/Yasu has to be a boy just for the yaoi sake I'm going to be disappointed.
So far I've seen lots people saying that if Lion would be male everyone turns gay=it's gross and twisting Lion's character to a horrible degree to make a pretty damsel(especially on fanart). When Requiem came out there were several people who were there for the sake of 'yaoi' but I thought they already dissapeared?
Quote:
There is also the possibility the gennitals were destroyed by the fall, and Yasu was introduced as a female regardless.
Yasu was definetly raised as female and I believe it might be one of several reasons for her to lean on identifying as female if she was male.
Quote:
Two words. Ass pinching.
Lion pinches both men and women. Yuri?
Quote:
Genji was afraid after Yasu was injured.
Quote:
but this isn't really the place to be discussing this; it's only the manga thread.
True.

Tags
seinen, shounen