AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 16 20.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 20.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 20.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-29, 19:36   Link #181
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Kinda Harsh there Pheles, wow. the thing is, even if Kazumi were to use that, Yuji would still remember her , and depending on the circumstances of using it, would feel horrible.
Pheles is an interesting character. She's so caught up with Johan, that the wider world (and everybody in it) doesn't matter to her any more. She's like what happens when a crazed stalker actually has the person he or she stalks reciprocate almost fully (Johan still cares about the wider world, unlike Pheles).
Old 2009-09-30, 03:06   Link #182
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Pheles is a selfish bitch who will use anyone and anything to get her lover back. She was manipulating people's feelings by using a decoy so she could pretend to be weak a few episodes ago. The way she appeared to be so sincere yet have such vile plans makes her so dangerous. She is intelligent and ruthless, and cannot be trusted for a second. The moment she has no use for you, it can only end bad.

She's probaly one of the most interesting antagonists because she sorta represents love gone wrong. It's kinda intresting to think of what would happen had one of our heroes taken the wrong path-- would they end up like her? Or they suffered a great loss that caused it. I mean there's no doubt she wouldn't be doing all of this had it never happened, but that's not how we judge anything by.

Anyhow, it's been a while since I watched this particular episode, but I liked it quite a bit; it's a great cooldown episode given the action before this. The new opening credits had an ok song, though the first half is kinda weird. The scenes depicted are pretty damned awesome with the cool explosions, even if Yuji looks like he's overcompensating.

Sociometry is marginally better than Triangle, but I really don't care for either. Neither is a bad song, but the ED songs for Shana are pretty inferior to the opening ones-- doesn't mean they are bad, it's just the OPs are that great. The only ED I really liked was the 2nd one from season 1.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-07-02, 15:37   Link #183
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Pretty good episode for between the action, but ya it kinds shows just how wrong Pheles has gone with her love. Also yay for Yuji using the sword, hopefully he'll manage to actually defend himself sometimes now since he'll be armed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
Just to comment on the new OP, I absolutely loved it, but it doesn't really fit Shana's kind of theme. But if you really listened to KOTOKO's music, she doesn't really do much of that kind of thing. I mean, Mami Kawada's JOINT is comparable to KOTOKO's Suppuration -core-, which isn't really KOTOKO's style.
Have listend to good bit of Kotoko's music, I'd agree on things since Joint really did sound more a normal Kotoko song than Blaze, or Sociometry. So they're bit different from her normal sound, but I like pretty well, though Blaze is worst of the OPs yet, but it has high standards to compare to , and ED I preferred Triangle really, but I'd still put above season 1's two ED themes.
MAL
Old 2010-07-02, 19:44   Link #184
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Blaze is gonna take a while to grow on you, if at all. Yea, the beginning is kinda odd, but I love the later part when Hecate starts shooting shit all around.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-07-02, 21:54   Link #185
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Blaze is gonna take a while to grow on you, if at all. Yea, the beginning is kinda odd, but I love the later part when Hecate starts shooting shit all around.
Yea especially since the OPs all had fairly good and strong starts, which is I prefer the full version of blaze more than OP version atm . Also I agree that is a great part song and animation wise.
MAL
Closed Thread