Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-27, 06:47   Link #41
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^
Then why did Daflamingo need to retake Dressrosa by force? Shouldn't he just have asked or let them know about his Lineage? Why didn't the Rikku Family just agree to the terms and leave peacefully? Its been 800 years since the Creator family left their kingdoms, so some of the kingdoms might have split and left the WG. There are existing Islands that don't operate under the WG (Wano, Islands under Yonkous like fisherman Island, and the countries under Monkey D. Dragon). What if some of the kingdoms lay within there territory or swearing allegiance to them (especially Dragon the revolutionary)?

First of all, Dolfamingo doesn't appear to be the kind of guy, who relies on his status, if it isn't absolutely necessary (i.e. being stripped of his Shichibukai status, turning him into a mere noble pirate ). Otherwise, he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of becoming an underworld broker or pirate. Like Law said, he worked a couple of years to achieve this status on his own accord and not by relying on his nobility lineage, spreading the word that he’s a Celestial Dragon to everyone standing in his way.

Furhtermore, I don't think, Dressrosa turned it's back on the WG. Doflamingo would have announced something along the lines of "The government saved your asses from your despicable king – cherish them forever" or something similar. He simply said, that he freed the inhabitants of their king, so this was more a struggle for power like the case of Alabasta. Alabasta is part of the WG but Crocodile wanted to have a kingdom for himself. Remember that the kingdoms stay autonomous for most of the time.

Of course it could be the case, that Dressrosa fell under Dragon’s or one of the Yonko’s command, but with the facts presented, I strongly doubt it.
The island is very close to the former Marine HQ, where many VA and the Admirals resided. I don’t think the marines would let a place, which is so close to the government’s “heart”, being controlled by pirates or revolutionaries or simply accept the fact that one of the “Creator Kingdoms” leaves the WG.
In addition, I doubt that back then, Dragon's army would have had the capability of bringing an island in such a close proximity to Marine HQ under its control.

On a side-note: Taking Fishman Islands's location into account, I find it strange for it to be a kind of an outlaw island for so long. I always wondered, why the WG never took it under its control, as it is a central point for every pirate, except Shiki, who's heading to the New World and, on top, is only a couple kilometres away from Mariejois.

@Whitemoon: You’re right, we maltreated the rest of the forum enough with this pointless debate

Last edited by ri0; 2013-09-27 at 08:19.
Old 2013-09-27, 08:50   Link #42
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The WG probably already knows, I mean his last name is Donquixote after all.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2013-09-28 at 00:24.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:42   Link #43
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
The WG probably already kknows, I mean his last name is Donquixote after all.
It's pretty certain they know, because CP-0, serving directly under the Tenryubito, is on Dressrosa and tried to clear the confusion about Doflamingo revoking his title.

And it's, that the name is kinda obvious
Old 2013-09-27, 16:37   Link #44
marvelB

Anyways, something I've wanted to point out for a while is that I find it interesting that Oda hasn't fully revealed the designs of ANY of Dofla's top officers so far. I mean, even in the case of Diamante (the officer we've seen the most of so far,) we've barely seen more than his face. I don't think Oda's ever taken the time to gradually reveal the sub-bosses like this before, has he? He's done it plenty of time with main villains, but lackeys are another story, I think.....
Old 2013-09-27, 18:20   Link #45
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, something I've wanted to point out for a while is that I find it interesting that Oda hasn't fully revealed the designs of ANY of Dofla's top officers so far. I mean, even in the case of Diamante (the officer we've seen the most of so far,) we've barely seen more than his face. I don't think Oda's ever taken the time to gradually reveal the sub-bosses like this before, has he? He's done it plenty of time with main villains, but lackeys are another story, I think.....
They could have a significance to the plot. Maybe they are former known characters that we have seen before.
Old 2013-09-28, 01:53   Link #46
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
@Whitemoon: You’re right, we maltreated the rest of the forum enough with this pointless debate
I personally believe we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain.
~Jane Wagner

Why did you bother responding to the Link 34 and Link 41 if this is what you feel about the debate? You reply to my posts then you put this comment afterwards. Did anyone force you to reply to the post?
Old 2013-09-28, 04:21   Link #47
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
They could have a significance to the plot. Maybe they are former known characters that we have seen before.
Obviously they are, I mean they are the core members based on this card theme Doflamingo has going and they were the ones who destroyed the former kingdom.
But I doubt we already know them, he did the same thing with Vergo who we didn't knew. Besides wouldn't it be a better hype if they are revealed to be people we know it could start all kinds of speculation and possibilities hyping them even further.
Old 2013-09-28, 06:24   Link #48
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
At the very least we know Doflamingo is of noble lineage. And if he's in fact a celestial dragon, then that explains why Fujitora isn't attacking him.
Fujitora already attack Dofla with meteor...

What confuses me here is the rank between WG and world nobles, Who is more powerful between them ? If the more powerful is world nobles, then how if the member of world nobles like Doflamingo makes a crime ? Whether WG would arrest Doflamingo for justice or do nothing ?
Old 2013-09-28, 06:43   Link #49
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The WG probably don't consider him a noble anymore since he became a pirate.
Old 2013-09-28, 10:50   Link #50
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
I personally believe we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain.
~Jane Wagner

Why did you bother responding to the Link 34 and Link 41 if this is what you feel about the debate? You reply to my posts then you put this comment afterwards. Did anyone force you to reply to the post?
My post you quoted, was adressed to Whitemoon, because we had a debate about (If you and me are honest, Whitemoon ) minor details of a theory Whitemoon posted.

I bothered responding to your posts because I wanted to address some points, cause I had another opinion and thought forums exist to discuss

Altough off-topic: I personally don't quite agree with Mrs. Wagner. It would be a rather pitiful existance, if that was the sole reason for language.
Old 2013-09-28, 13:08   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
Fujitora already attack Dofla with meteor...

What confuses me here is the rank between WG and world nobles, Who is more powerful between them ?
That meteor was directed at Law, but it was so big that both Law and Doflamingo had to stop it together.

The WG, or more specifically, the gorosei (five elders) are the highest authority in the world. So that means they're above the world nobles.
Old 2013-09-28, 20:08   Link #52
JonSnow

So far the only hype we got from Doflamingo's strongest officers was the annihilation of the Riku royal army. If those armies are like the typical kingdom armies, then a logia like Caribou could have done the same thing. The question is, will they even give Zoro, Sanji and Franky a good fight?

I hope Luffy gets the chance to fight Doflamingo or Burgess in this arc. That way we can have a little idea of how strong Luffy really is. Luffy and Zoro's strength is still an enigma after the time skip.
Old 2013-09-28, 21:44   Link #53
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Luffy and Zoro's strength is still an enigma after the time skip.
All of the strawhats have yet to go all out. Doflamingo should prove to be a very challenging test for Luffy.
Old 2013-09-29, 09:34   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Are the Gorosei really above the World Nobles?
I was under the impression that the Gorosei were the legislative branch and the World Nobles were the Heads of State in a sort of unelected, quasi-Westminster parliamentary system. Kinda like how the Prime Ministers of England, Canada, Australia, etc. and their cabinets are the de facto executive bodies of the Commonwealth countries while the Queen is the de jure source of executive power within the system.
Yes, they are. They were introduced as the "world's highest political power". Keep in mind that we still haven't discovered the origins/history behind these 5 elders. Their mandate is above all. That's why it's such a big deal that Dragon is trying to overthrow them, thus warranting him the title of "most wanted man in the world".
Old 2013-09-29, 09:53   Link #55
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Cant wait to see a logical explanation to Fujitora's weird powers. Black holes, meteors, energy shields and maybe some kind of invisibility since he just left the battle for a chapter? Not even a space based devil fruit can explain this randomness.
Old 2013-09-29, 18:25   Link #56
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Cant wait to see a logical explanation to Fujitora's weird powers. Black holes, meteors, energy shields and maybe some kind of invisibility since he just left the battle for a chapter? Not even a space based devil fruit can explain this randomness.
Gravity based powers that pulls things down using his sword. Based off all the chapters that we have seen with his powers active is what I'm sticking to.
Old 2013-09-29, 19:41   Link #57
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Obviously they are, I mean they are the core members based on this card theme Doflamingo has going and they were the ones who destroyed the former kingdom.
But I doubt we already know them, he did the same thing with Vergo who we didn't knew. Besides wouldn't it be a better hype if they are revealed to be people we know it could start all kinds of speculation and possibilities hyping them even further.
I said maybe they have a Significant importance to the plot. Like you know, Crocodile has a significant impact to the plot as he stays around after getting defeated but many of his former numbers are no longer relevant to the plot.

That was one of the reasons i mentioned. Something , some reason ( maybe plot related) that Oda might have to not show their faces but show Diamante's face.

Also they could still be already known characters. As for Vergo, actually i was one of the few people that said it might be a new character .
Old 2013-09-30, 02:31   Link #58
mrShady

Quote:
I said maybe they have a Significant importance to the plot. Like you know, Crocodile has a significant impact to the plot as he stays around after getting defeated but many of his former numbers are no longer relevant to the plot.

That was one of the reasons i mentioned. Something , some reason ( maybe plot related) that Oda might have to not show their faces but show Diamante's face.

Also they could still be already known characters. As for Vergo, actually i was one of the few people that said it might be a new character .
It's a bit depended on how this arc is going to end but I really doubt that Oda is going to write off Doflamingo and his immediate subordinates this quickly. He spent too much time and backstory on him to just write it off in one arc. It's not impossible but seems highly unlikely.
Maybe Oda will use Doflamingo and his crew to show us the horror that is Kaidou, it's impossible to tell right now.

Like I said before it would be a better hype if we already knew them and their faces but not the reason for their affiliation with Doflamingo.
It could also be to simply hype their appearance.

PS: 3 of Crocodiles former numbers are still relevant to the plot, Mister 2 is in impel down, Mister 1 is still with Crocodile and Mister 3 is with Buggy. All of them have a high chance of reappearing and in case of Mister 2 and 3 they already had a major arc they took part in.
Old 2013-09-30, 02:39   Link #59
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Reading this scentence, I thought it may be funny to have a character with a 'random random' fruit, which has a different power with each use and not even the user knows what will happen next.
The moment I read that, I was thinking of HxH's Kaito's "Crazy Slots"

Oh man, when will it finally resume
Old 2013-09-30, 03:50   Link #60
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Are the Gorosei really above the World Nobles?
I was under the impression that the Gorosei were the legislative branch and the World Nobles were the Heads of State in a sort of unelected, quasi-Westminster parliamentary system. Kinda like how the Prime Ministers of England, Canada, Australia, etc. and their cabinets are the de facto executive bodies of the Commonwealth countries while the Queen is the de jure source of executive power within the system.

Well, whether they're nobles or not, I think it's pretty clear that the 5 elders are the ones calling the shots in the WG. I mean, it's not like we've seen any of the other nobles in those big meetings where the elders talk about preserving the world's balance in the face of the threat of pirates and the lost history, right?

Really, the WG always struck me as pretty much being a worldwide dictatorship. The fact that they would even go as far as to erase whole islands from existence just to keep the lost history a secret just flat-out screams police-state mentality to me. Kinda like North Korea or something to use a real-life example (heck, the fact that the world nobles are referred to as "Celestial Dragons" even reminds me of the practically godlike reverence that many North Koreans have for the Kims). If you think about it that way, it's no wonder why Luffy's dad started gathering a huge rebel army to overthrow them......

Quote:

Well, I think it's clear that the officers have some significance due to them having had a hand in overthrowing the Riku royal family. I strongly doubt any of them are past characters, though. Still, my point was that I found it very interesting that the lackey characters are getting such a gradual level of build-up. That's something you'd expect from the big bads themselves, not so much their servants.....
Closed Thread