AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 18:50   Link #8661
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
IIRC it earns like a regular tank, only premium thing is that you can put any US medium crew in it and that you can't research/buy it and it comes elite.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 18:54   Link #8662
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The only reason I can think of why it's even a "premium" is the fact that its a CW exclusive prize.
Old 2013-07-29, 19:06   Link #8663
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Spot what's wrong with this picture:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 19:09   Link #8664
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The only reason I can think of why it's even a "premium" is the fact that its a CW exclusive prize.
Seems like it's got the half the maps flooded in pubbie tears already though.
Old 2013-07-29, 19:30   Link #8665
Gravitas Free Zone

The other team's heavies were not impressed.
Images
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 19:49   Link #8666
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I heard that the M60s are very nimble. Is that true?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 19:55   Link #8667
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I heard that the M60s are very nimble. Is that true?
Seems to have better acceleration compared to the M48. There's a comparison video out there showing both tanks' performance side-by-side.
Old 2013-07-29, 21:50   Link #8668
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...honestly, I can't see any difference in the new patch. ^_^;;

Had a lol match though; was in my Valentine... and it was a 6 on 6 match. Malinovka.

We started on the bottom, where the hill is to our left. I immediately began working right because I just knew someone was going to try rush us there... sure enough a Pz 38(t) showed up. I got two shots on him and he didn't see me. Finished him off, got into position to watch the houses, and as a Te57 on our team moves up, an enemy M2 medium tries to go after him. Plugged him but good. Then I spot another light moving across the field, chase after him, and nail him. The TD goes to cap, and I start to swing around when I notice a Hetzer taking potshots at our SPGs at our cap. so I move to try and flank him and get a good angle, cursing my Valentine's shitty speed. Our TD suceeds in capping before I can kill the hetzer.

I'm finding that the Bofors 40mm is pretty good for streetfighting. Hella useless at range, but I can pen a Matilda from the side, and having 2 rounds does make it a pretty useful run and gun weapon.

Also, ran into two AMX ELCs on Lakeville. I move up to them, trading shots. One of them charges at me; I angle to try and ram him, and he slips past. The other ELC tries to do the same; I angle, catch him, and fire a round point blank into him. It's then a repeat of Jagdtiger vs M3 Lee, except that I killed him. The wonders of having a turret.

Also, ran the math, and I think it's more cost effective to buy the gift pack that gives me 1500 gold three times. It'll cost the same if I bought 4500 gold, but I'll get an additional 240k silver, which is never a bad thing, and will allow me to go TOGging.

Also there's a mod on the Russian server that paints up the TOG as if it's a helicopter carrier.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 22:25   Link #8669
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I hear from ppl that have it, say it makes gold instead of credits, i think that's preposterous. i've never heard of a tank that farms gold.

so i tried playin the T62A as a scout couple times and made it worst than using it like mobile sniper.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-07-29 at 22:39.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 23:14   Link #8670
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
So i tried playin the T62A as a scout couple times and made it worst than using it like mobile sniper.
To be fair this only really works if you set up your crew skills for both camo and vision control. This means getting the commanders + view range skill and 6th sense, 100% camo for the four crew you have (pretty means you need to have 3 skills minimum on all crew) on your 2nd skill, and optics. With BiA, this should give you more or less 420 or so of spotting range, more of you're crazy enough to use food.

As far as I recall, this puts you on par with the M48 Patton. It doesn't SEEM like much, but if you add in the 100% camo for 4 crew (which does as much as 30% reduction for spotting distances of enemies) and the really good camo for Russian mediums in general, then you have a very flexible combat scout.

The caveat here is that you ALSO have to have a basic idea of what the spotting distances are for the enemies on the opposite team. Tier Xs in general have spotting distances in the 400s, so you're going to have to pay attention to the relative distances (map mods help with this) of the stuff you spot too. DEFINITELY not for the lazy.

Garbad had a thread on this, so it's pretty informative, but definitely not for everyone. I can't be bothered remembering the spotting distance of a Lowe, less most tier 9s and 10s.

This is the same sort of principle that really good players use the T49 to good effect by the way (see Stealth or Allurai's hilariously high win rates on it).
Old 2013-07-30, 00:26   Link #8671
Gravitas Free Zone

I definitely notice a difference in the range at which I get spotted if I use crews with different camo skill levels in the same premium tank.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 07:29   Link #8672
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

*groans* If it's not one problem, it's another. XVM doesn't seem to be working, as soon as the remote server tries to load, it times out. Tried loading the client without XVM, and THAT times out as well. Wonder what happened.

Too tired to figure out which mod is causing the problem right now. Will just do this on my day off, sheesh.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-07-30 at 07:40.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 09:17   Link #8673
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Tried the MT-25, and is a really crappy excange for the T-50-2. First of all, the enormous profile doesn't help you anymore to dodge enemy shells, the weight make the tank a rolling brick and the gun only gets a slightly better rof (2.5 secs instead of the 2.7 secs of the T-50-2) now it is a undergunned lower HP/higher weight VK2801 that unfortunatelly is the opposite of the T-50-2 that everybody loved. Any other tier 6 light can and will do a better job than you.
Old 2013-07-30, 09:31   Link #8674
Mow Yun

Quote:
Tried the MT-25, and is a really crappy excange for the T-50-2. First of all, the enormous profile doesn't help you anymore to dodge enemy shells, the weight make the tank a rolling brick and the gun only gets a slightly better rof (2.5 secs instead of the 2.7 secs of the T-50-2) now it is a undergunned lower HP/higher weight VK2801 that unfortunatelly is the opposite of the T-50-2 that everybody loved. Any other tier 6 light can and will do a better job than you.
I think that was the point. T-50-2 was originally designed to compete in a tier 10 match. With the more restricted battle tiers the motorcycleness was unneeded, so it was nerfed just like VK2801.
Old 2013-07-30, 10:12   Link #8675
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well I sold the piece of crap, at least it gave me some nice 450k credits.

Ok a question, I' about to unlock the Konig but I also want the KV-4. Which one has a more bereable grind?
Old 2013-07-30, 10:28   Link #8676
LeoXiao
思想工作

Is it just me or does the M60 seem very lackluster? In the few games I played yesterday most of the ones I saw failed to get many kills or survive the battles.

Additionally, I engaged one at close quarters in my E50M. I had c. 1400 hp left to his 2000 full health, and killed him while he kept bouncing his shells off me for some reason.

I was kind of exepecting the M60 to be some kind of indestructible premium monstrosity but it seems my fears were unfounded.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-07-30 at 10:45.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 11:26   Link #8677
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

In all fairness, from what I've heard the IRL M60 wasn't really that great either.

Also, tonight can be summed up in three words for me:

CARRY FUCKING HARDER.

Prokhorovka. I'm in my T-34. And somehow, without me realising it, I've suddenly got 4 kills and no other teammates alive except for an arty at base. Enemy Churchill III and two arties killed the med, TD and light that was screening me to the enemy cap at north. I actually managed to bring the Churchill III to 32% health from long range potshots, and then decide I'm going to have to go after him, into the forest.

I actually find him and pump him full of shells, and nearly kill him, except that's when his buddy the KV-1 nailed me. Oh, well. I have to admit, that was some real balls that Churchill III had, because I was penetrating him from the rear and he was just sitting there cool as a cucumber. Maybe it was one of the St. Gloriana girls eating cucumber sandwiches.

Images

Still, I did feel pretty badass, so I suppose that was some compensation.

Next up, Widepark.

Images

Again, I ended up carrying, but this time it wasn't too bad... sorta. I nailed a few tanks here and there, most of my team and the other team got wiped out, and it was down to me, 2 arties and a T49 to clear the map. So me and the T49 move up north, after a few potshots here and there and after I kill a Valentine AT and track and kill the KV-1. I run into the Pak40, fire off a shot, and the T49 finishes it off. That's when we see the bad news: Bison, SU-122A and an AT-2 trying to cap us. So we rush back. Our arties are useless. The T-49 kills the Bison, our Wespe tries to cap, and I'm chasing after the SU-122A and AT-2.

IN A GODDAMNED CHURCHILL MK. I. Which is, as we all know, slow as hell. And so as I try to chase them, I realise that the AT-2 is most likely going to be at the tunnel by... I think it was B4? Somewhere around there. So I make my way there... and glance left and see the SU-122A setting up for a barrage just over the hill, firing at our arty that's capping. That won't do at all.

I hit the brakes, swing my turret up, and put two rounds into him, and he goes up in smoke. I move forward, towards the hole in the hill, and the AT-2 rolls forward, aiming at our arty. It's a beautiful shot, given to me, and everything aligns. I will only have one shot before he sees me and engages, and I'm pretty sure he can kill me. One shot, before I die. One shot, to sieze victory. One shot, to stave off defeat.

One shot is plenty.

I fire. My aim is true. The 75mm HV round strikes my enemy and penetrates his armor. His tank explodes, and the killcounter shows 15. We have won.

And I feel like a real badass.

Lastly, best result for my T-28:

Images

I shit you not, my T-28 was the second best damage dealer. And as you can see from the pics, I'm also quite pleased because I managed something I thought impossible: I killed a KV-1 in my T-28. That said, the AMX and T-28 were more or less free kills; I got off 3 turret hits on the AMX before he even deigned to move, and got one side hit as he was trying to relocate. Spotted the T-28 going to come around the corner, so I lay in wait and tracked him; managed to put 3 rounds into him before he tracked and realised I was there, lol. Round 4 bounced, but round 5 finished him off.

Mind, it was a rear side shot and I had the advantage of shooting from cover while he was distracted, but still, I quite rarely kill KV-1s, so this is awesome. XD In a way I'm glad I have the T-34 elited first, since it meant I could unlock and use the 57mm Zis on my T-28 straightaway. The 57mm Zis makes the T-28 much less painful.

It's kinda ridiculous; started tonight with about 2.8k Exp, now have 7.2k Exp. With this, I can save Free Exp for my KV-1 to use on my turret and the 85mm gun.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 11:40   Link #8678
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

^ Your team in that first game looks downright GOOD next to the team I had in my most recent blowout loss. 8 players with 0 damage and me the only one with even a single kill. I wish I saved the screenshot but I wanted to forget that game as soon as possible.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 11:59   Link #8679
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

All i can say about kv 4 is that it looks sturdy... to bad i free xped past it. nothin to say about kogni oe watever it supposed to say.

M60 is a glass tank. overrated..... only work well in platoons that got the same tanks or in the same category. there is one thing good about plats wit vent that roll in tight formation or grp.... focus fire on the designated target... makes it feel like playing a tank version of a mmorpg. altho there are no healers. XD.

I have been dropping my wr recently but its hellav fun when i can make ppl bounce off my maus when i charge in and end up killing everyone in my path and survive till near then till the end.

Saw darjeeling when i logged in to see who was on. only ascaloth was the only one on. Sad how we lack members at certain time of the day. well at least asca likes being solo.

Logged in remotely so i couldn't play.
Old 2013-07-30, 12:30   Link #8680
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Well I sold the piece of crap, at least it gave me some nice 450k credits.

Ok a question, I' about to unlock the Konig but I also want the KV-4. Which one has a more bereable grind?
King Tiger, hands down. Its stock gun is the long 88, which is almost universally considered the best stock gun to grind with at Tier VIII. You can pretty much leave the top gun - its long 105 - for last in your grind list, it's that serviceable.

KV-4 is a bloody cow, which makes the 122 pretty darn useless with its low pen. It only really starts doing good damage with the superlong 107, at which point you're a rolling bunker with a sniper gun; pretty much the Soviet equivalent of the King Tiger.

Still, King Tiger is the easiest grind between the two, perhaps the easiest Tier VIII heavy tank grind of the lot.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks