AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-12, 18:31   Link #21
blewin

anyone still following this awesome anime?

I really enjoyed episode 6. Higepiyo making his own home... and his previous owner peeking to see whether he's enjoying life at Hiroshi's place (I never thought the chicken shop owner cared for Higepiyo at all!) It's funny how the school girls find him handsome while he sneaks around, lol.

A fun and cute episode.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 19:56   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I certainly still enjoy it. How can you not love Romi Paku as a gangsta chick?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:12   Link #23
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I never thought the chicken shop owner cared for Higepiyo at all!
Me, neither. I was left with the impression the owner was trying to rid himself of a difficult-to-sell item. The father seemed rather nonplussed about having a stranger crawling around his attic. Maybe he doesn't care as much because he didn't build the house with his own hands?

I liked how the mom figured out how to entice Higepiyo into choosing the items she had available. Smart lady. It's amusing how this show aligns with Chi. We have a family threesome with a male child who gets a rather unusual pet. The fathers are both rather sweet (Chi's oto-san in particular), the mothers competent, and the kids both bundles of boyish charm. Having only one child eliminates the need for any stories about the siblings that would distract from the central animal protagonist.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:32   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Higepiyo is Chi's cousin from the wrong side of the family.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:48   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

07 was full of win. I get the feeling Romi Paku is enjoying the hell out of this job.
Old 2009-05-23, 16:47   Link #26
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Me, neither. I was left with the impression the owner was trying to rid himself of a difficult-to-sell item. The father seemed rather nonplussed about having a stranger crawling around his attic. Maybe he doesn't care as much because he didn't build the house with his own hands?

I liked how the mom figured out how to entice Higepiyo into choosing the items she had available. Smart lady. It's amusing how this show aligns with Chi. We have a family threesome with a male child who gets a rather unusual pet. The fathers are both rather sweet (Chi's oto-san in particular), the mothers competent, and the kids both bundles of boyish charm. Having only one child eliminates the need for any stories about the siblings that would distract from the central animal protagonist.
Higepiyo's become another child and adult in this family. Child in the sense of how "Mama" is able to handle him, in how he's new to things in this world and can't resist food and such, but is also an adult in his fearless personality, the way he speaks and how he acts like a big brother (but at times, selfish too, just like a human being!) to Hiroshi.

@Guardian Enzo: - I think episode 8 has convinced me to start collecting this anime. But of course, nothing really beats episode 7's onion strategy! That had me laughing so hard.

Spoiler for Some fun moments in ep 8::

Chrome Shelled Regios

Last edited by blewin; 2009-05-23 at 19:53. Reason: got my episode number mixed up!
Old 2009-06-08, 00:21   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

How in the world does this series not get more love? It's one of the most consistently hilarious shows in ages. The sento ep had me on the floor, maybe because when I visited Japan in March I was so paranoid about all the sacred rules for the public bath...
Old 2009-06-08, 00:55   Link #28
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
How in the world does this series not get more love? It's one of the most consistently hilarious shows in ages. The sento ep had me on the floor, maybe because when I visited Japan in March I was so paranoid about all the sacred rules for the public bath...
oh, I'm afraid I didn't get that side of the jokes... so they have pretty strict rules for a bathhouse?

I'm sure there're plenty of people (ok, not as many, but still, some) watching Higepiyo. They just don't feel like commenting is all.

It appears that the theme of man is the repeated joke in the series (once again, in episode 10). I'm hoping to see more on different stuff rather than manhood.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-06-08, 07:48   Link #29
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
It's about those type of samurai honour jokes that we see on anime here and there. Higepiuo takes a lot on these. You could say that it'as a chick with the pride and the honour of a samurai.
Old 2009-06-08, 10:16   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
oh, I'm afraid I didn't get that side of the jokes... so they have pretty strict rules for a bathhouse?
Japan does take the bath pretty seriously. All of the ones the old guy talks about are pretty much universal.

On the "man" theme, and just to show how subtle the humor of this show is... In Japan it's traditional for boys to bathe in a bath with iris leaves because it's thought to help give them samurai spirit. Well, did you notice the sign at the bathhouse when Hiroshi was grtting into his bath?
Old 2009-06-12, 22:52   Link #31
blewin

no.. not really, and I don't have the file with me atm, so I can't really check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
On the "man" theme, and just to show how subtle the humor of this show is... In Japan it's traditional for boys to bathe in a bath with iris leaves because it's thought to help give them samurai spirit.
really? Do they still use Iris leaves these days? I know Higepiyo's full of subtle humour that a person not schooled in Jap culture would miss out on. I guess that just shows how awesome a show it is. For someone who doesn't know much about Jap culture (me), I can still enjoy this show!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-06-13, 08:48   Link #32
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Agree. Even people that aren't that familiar with Japanese culture can still be able to enjoy the anime, at least for it's "exotic flavour".
Old 2009-06-19, 05:24   Link #33
blewin

more "man" related jokes in ep 11, but I won't complain this time. The way the author made that comparison is truly clever.. observing the habits of a "chick samurai" and praising him for having the air and manner of a samurai when all Higepiyo's doing is just BEING Higepiyo. lol.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-07-08, 20:16   Link #34
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking Cross Over

Some Higepiyo cross overs I came across done by Raishin@ . Covers lot many topics from Naruto OP Bleach and POT . I hope the artist covers more series in the future .

Old 2009-07-09, 05:45   Link #35
blewin

weird-looking Higepiyos!!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-07-09, 12:15   Link #36
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

How many episodes will this series be?

Also, why was there a 2-week break for the latest episode?
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 05:39   Link #37
blewin

Spoiler for Ep 18: anime parody??:

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-10-06, 00:09   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Why doesn't this show get more love? I think it's funnier than it's much more popular five-minute cousin, Hetalia. The all-star cast continues to shine, with Tomokazu Sugita adding a hilarious turn as the shadowy figure from Higepiyo's past.
Old 2009-10-06, 16:01   Link #39
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Is this a long running series like Charady / Sanae / Doreamon or has a fixed number of episodes ?
Old 2009-10-10, 19:14   Link #40
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

I have seen the 39 episode number around.

Tags
josei