AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 00:35   Link #2181
Undertaker

That is what I think too, especially with the addition Nagisa plot.

Like you said, they could have Nagisa's family safely rescued this episode and then end the series nest episode with the concert and "liberation', but they didn't.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:50   Link #2182
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I'd just like to say that Chieri looks especially beautiful (more than she already is) on this album cover.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 02:40   Link #2183
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, in his own way, Nagisa's dad has balls. He didn't back down from the fact that he was the father of a 0048 kenkyuusei, and he refused to contact her and get her to quit 00, and refused rescue, but intends to face the music, even though he knows it's going to end badly for him.

Also, I sincerely wish to kick Yuuka and Mamoru in the head for their whole can not spit it out, as well as Mamoru acting like a douche because he thinks that's the best thing for Yuuka, and being unwilling to tell her his true feelings. On the other hand Yuuka's also in the same boat... Still, at least he was willing to man up and pick up an AK-48, so that's something.

Still, I wonder how Nagisa's gonna get her voice back. I doubt it would involve all of the other girls and a promise, but you never know...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 04:14   Link #2184
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Still, I wonder how Nagisa's gonna get her voice back. I doubt it would involve all of the other girls and a promise, but you never know...
Yeah, probably not. In her case losing her voice (and getting it back) was integral to her character development. In Nagisa's case it's just a silly plot device to up the drama during the concert. She will probably have it back from the beginning in the next episode.
Old 2012-07-18, 11:02   Link #2185
mochichan

I'm guessing Nagisa will realize how much she love AKB and when she's on stage, she'll remember her dream of when she's a kid and start singing again along side Chieri or some cheesy stuffs like that :P

Or maybe GodKiP will show himself and then use his mythical and holy lyric power to restore Nagisa's voice..who know..:P
There's alot of things that need to be resolve. Takamina's graduation, Nagisa's voice, Center Nova mystery, Sensei.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 15:35   Link #2186
Kazu-kun

The official AKB0048 guide book. Note it includes a long interview with Mayuyu. I hope we'll get some scans when it gets released. I want to know Mayuyu's take on Chieri and the series as a whole.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4063896854
Old 2012-07-18, 17:59   Link #2187
mochichan

Long interview with JUST Mayuyu?
I feel like more people are going to be annoy with her aggressive promotion.

I hope she talk about how another seiyuu is voicing her instead of Mayuyu voicing herself lol.
The scene with Mayuyu giving Chieri advice back in ep 3, I think, was kinda a paradox moment
Old 2012-07-18, 18:28   Link #2188
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Note it includes a long interview with Mayuyu.
Let me check and run Translate (I dislike machine translation but the S48 forum is down so I'm forced to use this) on it...

Ah, shit.

Spoiler for MT sucks:

This guide is from the publishers of the entertainment magazine Friday, and if true, isn't it a bit too much "favoritism" for the publishers/management to push Mayuyu when Karen Iwata (as a protagonist, she also needs an equally-lengthy interview) and the other girls really deserve equal billing?

First time I felt disappointed. *facepalms*

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-18 at 18:41.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:38   Link #2189
mochichan

Vegetables Amina?.....LOLOLOL~ XD
I love Google translate XD

Well..it's AKB related so..Mayuyu as the most popular member clearly will get more attention...as well as being a member who's known for her otaku-ness, I think promoting her would make it more appealing to anime fans? I notice Mayuyu have alot more fanarts of her on Pixiv.
And the anime has been more Chieri focused than Nagisa...........I wonder which one is the real main one here......<___<

Either way this is not new...Warota 7, hello~ Mayuyu has always been favor...more so after Manatsu no Sounds Good.
Old 2012-07-18, 18:40   Link #2190
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
and if true
It says so in the cover too.

Anyway, we have to admit that having Mayuyu in the project is probably one of the show's main hooks, so it shouldn't be a surprise she gets preferential treatment. Plus she actually likes anime so her take on the series might be more relevant to anime fans.
Old 2012-07-18, 18:56   Link #2191
sa547
*Author

Nevertheless, I'm sure 2ch will eventually find this and then there's going to be a shitstorm.

In my country, we call this as "epal", as if to shoehorn or butt in, to be credited for everything. Not that I'm angry at her, for the first time I'm PO'ed at the management.
Old 2012-07-18, 19:00   Link #2192
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
as if to shoehorn or butt in, to be credited for everything.
Now that I think about it Mayuyu is also billed first in the series' credits.
Old 2012-07-18, 19:05   Link #2193
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Now that I think about it Mayuyu is also billed first in the series' credits.
Yep.

Which means I'll have to get over this.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-18 at 19:53.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 19:15   Link #2194
mochichan

Isn't Mayuyu releasing her single soon tho?
This might be more extra promotion for her.

meh...I guess I grew jaded to this stuffs after Sashi....Mayuyu and Chieri is the number one winner on that popularity poll too. Obvious she's carrying the series by herself. I think by giving her a big interview, it might draw more attention because people would be more interested in a popular girl instead of some nobodies.

It's not like this is new in AKB....ie Moshidora live action main role was based off Minegishi Minami's image or something like that but since Maeda Atsuko is more popular and from a bigger agency with more pulls, she got the main role and Miichan got another role.
Old 2012-07-18, 19:31   Link #2195
Kazu-kun

^ I don't really mind either. If this is what they have to do to get more attention for the series, so be it. As long as they give us a second season...
Old 2012-07-19, 00:52   Link #2196
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
^I really hope they do. I'm NOT ready to say good-bye to everyone yet. DX
Old 2012-07-19, 01:39   Link #2197
Kazu-kun

From Sato Amina's (Yuka's VA) blog:
Quote:
I finished watching the shows I recorded whilst I was away at the Fukuoka handshake event

They were:
CDTV
AKB0048 (#12)
Megu-tan tte Mahou Tsukaeru no (#2)

I cried a lot because of the relationship between Yuka and Mamoru.

Both Yuka and I aren’t honest so I can relate strongly to her

I have a lot of stuff I have to say, stuff I shouldn’t say, stuff I want to say but I can’t

Because I like everyone a lot I overthink too much

I’m thankful that I “met” Yuka. (>_<)

The next AKB0048 is the finale.

Everyone please watch!
Old 2012-07-19, 01:46   Link #2198
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Isn't Mayuyu releasing her single soon tho?
This might be more extra promotion for her.

meh...I guess I grew jaded to this stuffs after Sashi....Mayuyu and Chieri is the number one winner on that popularity poll too. Obvious she's carrying the series by herself. I think by giving her a big interview, it might draw more attention because people would be more interested in a popular girl instead of some nobodies.

It's not like this is new in AKB....ie Moshidora live action main role was based off Minegishi Minami's image or something like that but since Maeda Atsuko is more popular and from a bigger agency with more pulls, she got the main role and Miichan got another role.
Well, that's the reality of business, at same time, Mayuyu wasn't in that movie when she herself was the inspiration of both the character that Miichan portrays and the bed-ridden Miyata Yuki as well.

Though, with the result of 4th election out, 0048 cast is surprisingly strong. At first I thought is was Mayuyu + Amina show but both Yagami Kumi and Hata Sawako has been make names themselves from in SKE as well and all four are known otaku and had openly expressed interests in having a VA career.

Beside there's speculation that the only reason Iwata Karen was given Nagisa's role to begin with was because she was the only trainee that made through the audition and least likely to have schedule conflict.

Mayuyu's single is slotted on 25th while No Name is 8/1. I gotta say though, lately she's been letting her hair down or sporting single ponytails more then usual and IMO, looks better than her trademark twin-tails of past 2-3 years.

Spoiler for Mayuyu::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
^I really hope they do. I'm NOT ready to say good-bye to everyone yet. DX
Same here, and I still can't get the weird schedule this show is in. I mean it started mid-season , ends next week. After that is a month of Olympics programming that traditionally destroys all other shows in non-U.S. countries. Then late August is the long awaited Tokyo Dome concert for AKB and release of 27th single, follow by the annual Janken (Rock-paper-scissors) Competition for the 29th single in late Sept.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:50   Link #2199
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Finale?? Noooo...

Now where am i gonna get my weekly dose of loli idol??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 02:12   Link #2200
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Beside there's speculation that the only reason Iwata Karen was given Nagisa's role to begin with was because she was the only trainee that made through the audition and least likely to have schedule conflict.
Well, in any case I'm glad Mayuyu ended up voicing Chieri. I don't think anyone else would fit her image so well. Chieri has this sort of stoic princess vibe to her, and Mayuyu's voice is a perfect match for it.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime