AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-12-01, 00:42   Link #5821
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I consider Steelers/Ravens and Packers/Bears to be more classical rivalries (Remember, Baltimore is the original Browns franchise). I consider Saints/Falcons to be the among the greatest of those that emerged in the modern era of the NFL, e.g. Post-2002. (I would consider Niners/Cardinals and Texans/Colts to be other great modern era rivalries, with the former being especially underrated)
There is also the outside division rivalry of the Colts and Patriots when Manning was on the Colts and both teams seemed to always be trying to overcome one another for top dog in the AFC.

Funny how they used to both be in the AFC East, but the rivalry didn't really catch that spark until the Colts moved to the AFC South.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 00:45   Link #5822
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It's also a Christian principle to tell the truth
Believe!!!

(Granted, I ain't no Catholic)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-The-Hail-Mary
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 01:01   Link #5823
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
There is also the outside division rivalry of the Colts and Patriots when Manning was on the Colts and both teams seemed to always be trying to overcome one another for top dog in the AFC.

Funny how they used to both be in the AFC East, but the rivalry didn't really catch that spark until the Colts moved to the AFC South.
I was referring to modern intra-divisional rivalries, but yeah Pats-Colts is probably the greatest intra-conference rivalry of the modern NFL era. (The greatest intra-conference rivalry of all time though, is of course, Niners-Cowboys)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 08:01   Link #5824
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers/Cowboys...perhaps. I'd put the Giants/49ers and Raiders/Steelers right up there along with it though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 08:19   Link #5825
sky black swordman

What about the Raiders/Jets ?
Old 2012-12-01, 12:35   Link #5826
GDB

Quote:
(Remember, Baltimore is the original Browns franchise)
Technically, I think St. Louis is the original Browns franchise. But it's obvious you meant the original rivalry franchise. Either way, doesn't change that you said Falcons/Saints was the greatest rivalry. No asterisk.

Still don't see how Falcons/Saints is that great a rivalry. They're just two good teams in the same division. A lot of divisions are like that.

Quote:
I was referring to modern intra-divisional rivalries
More asterisks!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 16:39   Link #5827
sky black swordman

So I'm guessing many of you have heard of the tragedy that has occurred in Kansas City involving one of the chiefs player's?
Jovan Belcher shot his girlfriend early Saturday before killing himself at Arrowhead Stadium in front of his coach & general manager.

My heart goes out to the Chiefs organization and families of the people involved in this tragedy. Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend leave behind a 3 month old daughter.
Old 2012-12-01, 17:39   Link #5828
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Either way, doesn't change that you said Falcons/Saints was the greatest rivalry. No asterisk.

Still don't see how Falcons/Saints is that great a rivalry. They're just two good teams in the same division. A lot of divisions are like that.
The rivalry between the two is much deeper and more intense than people realize, but since both teams spent most of the first decades of their existence sucking donkey dick, no one really payed attention to it until after hurricane katrina.

Quote:
More asterisks!
Who cares? It's not like my opinion matters much anyways…
Old 2012-12-01, 18:40   Link #5829
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
My heart goes out to the Chiefs organization and families of the people involved in this tragedy. Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend leave behind a 3 month old daughter.
I feel sorry for them all as well. However if I were an NFL owner or GM I'd include a clause in my players' contracts that forbade them from owning handguns while they played for me. The number of handgun-related incidents among NFL players seems to be on the rise.

And before I hear about 2nd Amendment rights, they don't have anything to do with private contracts.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 22:28   Link #5830
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I feel sorry for them all as well. However if I were an NFL owner or GM I'd include a clause in my players' contracts that forbade them from owning handguns while they played for me. The number of handgun-related incidents among NFL players seems to be on the rise.

And before I hear about 2nd Amendment rights, they don't have anything to do with private contracts.
I feel sorry for them as well. However, I don't think the "no-guns" rule is going to work in the long-term. (Though this is because of advancements in technology, not because I'm an NRA supporter)
Old 2012-12-01, 23:53   Link #5831
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

My unranked 7-5 Badgers win the B10 Championship, 70-31 (half of Nebraska's points in garbage time). Oh, and we only threw 10 passes, 8 of which connected.

Two 200+ rushers, and a third 100+ yard rusher.

This is the most hilarious game I've ever watched in College Football, on so many levels.

People are going to say Stanford takes the Rose Bowl running away, but I think they're in for a surprise in January.

Out of our 5 losses, 3 were in OT, and the other 2 were by 3 points. But, if people want to think Stanford sleepwalks to a win, I don't mind. It'll just make a hopeful win there that much sweeter.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 03:02   Link #5832
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
My unranked 7-5 Badgers win the B10 Championship, 70-31 (half of Nebraska's points in garbage time). Oh, and we only threw 10 passes, 8 of which connected.

Two 200+ rushers, and a third 100+ yard rusher.

This is the most hilarious game I've ever watched in College Football, on so many levels.

People are going to say Stanford takes the Rose Bowl running away, but I think they're in for a surprise in January.

Out of our 5 losses, 3 were in OT, and the other 2 were by 3 points. But, if people want to think Stanford sleepwalks to a win, I don't mind. It'll just make a hopeful win there that much sweeter.
That was one of the most satisfying beat downs I have witnessed in a long time. Monte Ball was rumbling and wasn't going to stop till he got to Pasadena. WISKY!!!
Old 2012-12-02, 11:58   Link #5833
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
Monte Ball was rumbling and wasn't going to stop till he got to Pasadena. WISKY!!!
Ball needs props, but so does Gordon. 216 yards with only 9 touches, for 24 yards per carry. While I suspect Ohio will be the looming ceiling in the B10 again next season, and it'll suck to see Ball go, (and after the Wilson abberation last season, we're back to having poor-mediocre QB play), I'm pretty happy that Gordon is just a freshman.

As for the National Championship game, I am so damn torn. I hate Notre Dame. I hate the SEC. I think my hatred of Notre Dame is just slightly less than my hate of the SEC (Saban is pretty high up on my list of horrible people as well). I have a hard time seeing them winning that game though. Yes, they went undefeated, but just a year ago, they were a mediocre team. I didn't catch any of their games, but I have a hard time believing they really improved to National Championship caliber from mediocre in one off-season. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

One more season of this BCS system before the playoffs are instituted?
Also, cake.
Old 2012-12-02, 14:28   Link #5834
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Man, the Jets/Cardinals game may be the worst game in NFL history so far.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 15:36   Link #5835
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Laughing my ass off at the Sanchez benching.

He lasted a lot longer than I thought he would. You'd think with all the money sunk into these teams, they'd be run a tad better.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-12-02, 15:41   Link #5836
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Niners-Rams is getting intense.
Old 2012-12-02, 15:59   Link #5837
YF19EX

Where have I seen this game before...
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:28   Link #5838
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

oh dear. are we in store for another tie?
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 16:35   Link #5839
YF19EX

Unfortunately not.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:13   Link #5840
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Bills Win! *crickets* Oh, right, this game was totally meaningless. May be the emptiest I have seen that stadium in a long time.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports