AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 10 15.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 14.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 28.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 26.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-20, 15:14   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Death Note Episode 19 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Death Note, Episode 19!

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread, or face a BAN!
    You may not even post manga spoilers in spoiler tags!
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for reminder:

Please remember, no manga spoilers are allowed in this thread!
Old 2007-02-20, 19:16   Link #2
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its true that this part of the story mostly works around Matsuda, and the anime did a good job at making that clear. This episode is one that deals with plenty of story development - so i can see people enjoying it. Very impressed with Matsuda's drunk acting/falling from building. I lol'd so hard seeing Light & L with those helmets on. :3

Spoiler for Next Episode:
Old 2007-02-21, 07:57   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The lesson for the day.

"Know your place"

And exactly what are you planning to do with that strawberry, Mr. Mogi?
Old 2007-02-21, 08:51   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
And exactly what are you planning to do with that strawberry, Mr. Mogi?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-21, 21:18   Link #5
Antonik

Decent episode, not much happened.

BUT i love how Light is attracted to that death note, even without its memories he still goes after it with his heart albeit for different reasons obviously.
Old 2007-02-21, 22:17   Link #6
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I think things are moving pretty quickly. It might be possible that this arc will end quickly, because of Light's motivation and they already know who are the 3rd Kira.

A good episode nevertheless. 8/10.
Old 2007-02-22, 01:40   Link #7
ThoHell

Dang, Misa has some loyalty and devotion to her boyfriend! ~_~ Stopping in the middle of a kissing scene and forcing them to take it out because she has a boyfriend. ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND A GIRL LIKE THAT?
Old 2007-02-22, 05:01   Link #8
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
Great episode. Giving a bit of time to other characters and pushing the story along rather nicely. 8/10
Old 2007-02-22, 05:58   Link #9
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Yet another average episode. :/

It's like the mmangaka suddenly decided to turn Death Note into a crappy black comedy. The current Death Note isn't what I started watching.
Old 2007-02-22, 07:41   Link #10
FlashCE

I like this anime more and more.

Can someone say...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-22, 08:08   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
The current Death Note isn't what I started watching.
If the Death Note was happening all the time through the series which you want to happen, then the series wouldn't have any time to balance its self out. Believe me, its good this way.
Old 2007-02-22, 08:58   Link #12
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If the Death Note was happening all the time through the series which you want to happen, then the series wouldn't have any time to balance its self out. Believe me, its good this way.
I'm just worried about something a manga reader told me...something about the manga going downhill around the halfway point. The recent decrease in quality seems to go along with what he said.

The main reason I'm unable to get into Death Note at the moment? The lack of evil Light. And it's not just Light's character that's suffering, L isn't half as interesting with evil Light on vacation.

Naruto has restarted at the perfect time.
Old 2007-02-22, 10:14   Link #13
ThisIsDream

They skipped lots of discussion of the 8 ppl meeting, like should we pay the detective money and such etc.. lots of chat missed compare to the manga
Old 2007-02-22, 10:25   Link #14
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A pretty good episode. Certainly an improvement over the last two episodes - it felt like i was watching the same old Death Note more or less. Now that the meeting room is bugged, can't wait for the next ep...and most importantly - when will Light's grand plan kick in to action
Old 2007-02-22, 10:58   Link #15
shakildwz

Quote:
I'm just worried about something a manga reader told me...something about the manga going downhill around the halfway point. The recent decrease in quality seems to go along with what he said.

The main reason I'm unable to get into Death Note at the moment? The lack of evil Light. And it's not just Light's character that's suffering, L isn't half as interesting with evil Light on vacation.

Naruto has restarted at the perfect time.

Let me just say.. you will NOT be dissappointed by Light's plan..

Spoiler for episode titles:
Old 2007-02-22, 16:39   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol matsuda you clown XD

i like the way he tried to do his best but well he should have known better tbh ~ causing L head aches hes lucky he wasnt killed >.<

as will L having the blue aura and light having the red aura...matsuda gets gold!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-22, 18:04   Link #17
rem

Quote:
Yet another average episode. :/

It's like the mmangaka suddenly decided to turn Death Note into a crappy black comedy. The current Death Note isn't what I started watching.
I agree with you-- the twists and turns and the duels between L and Light kept me intrigued, but it seems like everything's become too easy somehow. The writers of this episode, and episodes 17 and 18 aren't the same masters who wrote (or portrayed) the brilliant bus scenario. It's as if the intricate plotting has been flushed down the toilet by the Dick and Jane Write a Mystery crew.

Plus Misa is really getting on my nerves!
Old 2007-02-22, 18:39   Link #18
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem View Post
I agree with you-- the twists and turns and the duels between L and Light kept me intrigued, but it seems like everything's become too easy somehow. The writers of this episode, and episodes 17 and 18 aren't the same masters who wrote (or portrayed) the brilliant bus scenario. It's as if the intricate plotting has been flushed down the toilet by the Dick and Jane Write a Mystery crew.

Plus Misa is really getting on my nerves!
What, you think L and Light are permanent allies now?
This part of the story is just showing you how unstoppable they become, if L and Light were on the same side.
It's easy to forget how smart these two are, and this is simply reminding you how an "average mastermind" like the Yotsuba Kira has no chance against these two.
Old 2007-02-22, 18:54   Link #19
rem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
What, you think L and Light are permanent allies now?
This part of the story is just showing you how unstoppable they become, if L and Light were on the same side.
It's easy to forget how smart these two are, and this is simply reminding you how an "average mastermind" like the Yotsuba Kira has no chance against these two.
I didn't say they were allies-- just that they are no longer displaying their intelligence the way they did when they were once sworn enemies, and that the writers seem to have dropped their intelligence as well in the past few episodes.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-22, 22:19   Link #20
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Dang, Misa has some loyalty and devotion to her boyfriend! ~_~ Stopping in the middle of a kissing scene and forcing them to take it out because she has a boyfriend. ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND A GIRL LIKE THAT?
In some institution that takes care for retarded people would be my guess. I mean, surely she should have known beforehand that there would be a kiss. But then again, this is Misa, she doesn't seem to have more than one thought in her head at a given time. She is one of the most unbearably annoying characters ever, IMO.

Quote:
Especially when the plot helps L and Light with sume jumps to conclusions that always turn correct. I am not exactly fond of Light's evil mode but at least there was some suspense before, now there is none. I don't give damn about Matsuda, plus the whole setup was so implausible. I mean, since the Yotsuda guys had so much to hide they should have at least had some decent security and resolve to kill any intruders on the spot, not listen to his explanation and then go party with Misa and some random chicks.

Closed Thread