AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's your favorite character so far? Multiple choice allowed!
Suzumiya Haruhi 150 57.92%
Asahina Mikuru 95 36.68%
Nagato Yuki 92 35.52%
Kyon 130 50.19%
Koizumi Itsuki 20 7.72%
Tsuruya 35 13.51%
Taniguchi 4 1.54%
Kunikida 5 1.93%
Kyon's Sister 22 8.49%
Asakura Ryoko 11 4.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-30, 14:35   Link #41
Trowa

Voted for Haruhi, Yuki and Tsuruya. Haruhi's claws got into from the getgo, the more air time Yuki gets the more i like her, and Tsuruya's just great^-^
Old 2006-05-01, 04:29   Link #42
Hanatori
Yarr.

Voted for Kyon and Itsuki~ I don't know much about Itsuki as of the moment, but he seems like he's carefree but serious at the same time... It's that smile! Augh! *melts*

Kyon's commentaries are what keeps me laughing in every episode. His reactions, his sarcastic voice, his character design, they're all great.
Old 2006-05-01, 06:49   Link #43
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Kyon, hands down. Sensible and sarcastic.
Old 2006-05-01, 06:57   Link #44
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Haruhi, Mikuru and Kyon, though it wasn't all that easy to leave Yuki out (I decided to go not more than 3).

Haruhi - maybe the most unpredictable yet funny yet innovative character seen in ages. May be not the cup of tea for all, but she's definitely a winner.

Mikuru - for the moeness factor, for a voice capable of melting you down and because I believe it's impossible not to fall in love with her cuteness and kindness.

Kyon - for being one of the best male lead that I can acknowledge as for now (4 episodes of the anime). Smart and honest. Probably just with such a strong personality he's able to not be overwhelmed by the "Haruhicane" with the yellow ribbons.
Old 2006-05-01, 12:15   Link #45
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I vote everyone
Every Character is important and Every Character as a role and her behaviour
But the Best Characters are the 5 Members of the SOSdan for me
Old 2006-05-01, 12:25   Link #46
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

looks like Kunikida finally got some votes! I'd like to hear from those who voted for Kunikida, maybe they could bring up something that everyone else seems to have missed
Old 2006-05-01, 14:07   Link #47
justsomeguy

I vote for Haruhi only. She's obsessed with weird things, very athletic, talented at things like music, confident, etc. Seriously, this girl is damn close to perfect.

I found Tsuruya to be attractive for her genkiness, but I just don't have enough info to vote for her.
Old 2006-05-01, 14:45   Link #48
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
1st choice: Kyon. He's awesome. I love his reactions and his lines. Great guy.

2nd choice: Haruhi. Who couldn't like her? Sexy, smart, crazy. My kind of girl.
Old 2006-05-01, 14:47   Link #49
rain...

Haruhi and Kyon complements each other. So my vote goes to both of them. Personally, I like Kyon more because he so much relates to funny side of me. Also, Haruhi resembles my sister(to me).

One thing I want to add is that I do agree with IchiKyo that all the characters are really important, with their own interesting personalities and all. They are a big part that makes Suzumiya Haruhi tick. Honestly, I haven't seen such a bunch of characters since H&C.
Old 2006-05-01, 15:15   Link #50
Runningkid

i agree, kyon and haruhi complement each otehr well my votes goes to them
Old 2006-05-01, 16:40   Link #51
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

..I voted only one charrie not reading that I could've voted for another xD

Ah well...my vote went to Mikaru....Haruhi did right in err....abducting her...

...I would join the S.O.S Brigade in a second..
Old 2006-05-01, 19:52   Link #52
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Tied for first place on my list are Yuki, Tsuruya, and Haruhi. I just can't choose! Fourth is Kyon.

Sorry Kyon, you're funny and awesome.

But I'm a guy.

And other guys take a back seat to girls.
Old 2006-05-01, 20:18   Link #53
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103

Sorry Kyon, you're funny and awesome.

But I'm a guy.

And other guys take a back seat to girls.
Like how there's Shiroko and Archerko, soon enough Kyonko will pop-up to answer that.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-01, 20:23   Link #54
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Like how there's Shiroko and Archerko, soon enough Kyonko will pop-up to answer that.
Just before bed Haruhi thinks: "Wouldn't it be interesting if all men turned into girls for a day?"
The next morning Kyon wakes up and...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-01, 20:29   Link #55
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Kyon will be deeply conflicted with how that (s)he knows about the "mysterious morning rituals" and so forth... all of a sudden, assuming that the initial shocks subsides.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-01, 21:06   Link #56
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
It can be expected that Mikuru would be popular among the anime watchers... for now. Same with Haruhi. But anyone who read the novel past vol.4 will know that Yuki = the win.

Then again, the anime probably won't go that far so

My name is Sushi-Y, and I'm a Yukiphiliac. ^^;

And it would've been nice if Arakawa-san and Mori-san were on the list too, although they don't come in until later, and not until vol.7 did they show their kick-ass "super-agent" mode.

Ahh, give us a second season damn it.
My name is ordnance11 and not only am I a Yukiphiliac, I'm a Mikuruphiliac as well!

I gave votes to Haruhi as "the mad, bad and dangerous to know" prime mover, Kyon as the straight man, Tsuruya as the cute best friend. I haven't seen much of Itsuki to give him a vote yet.
Old 2006-05-01, 21:43   Link #57
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Just before bed Haruhi thinks: "Wouldn't it be interesting if all men turned into girls for a day?"
The next morning Kyon wakes up and...
Kasimasi - Girl Meets Girl ~ Haruhi style? That's... very frightening.

Fortunately I don't think Haruhi has yuri tendencies (well... it'd make for an interesting arc in a horrible sorta way). I can also see a few ero-doujinshi coming from that notion T_T

IMO Haruhi's *power* doesn't work in such obvious and world-breaking ways. The most recently translated chapter really highlights some interesting details on how Haruhi operates... for lack of a better word.
Old 2006-05-01, 21:55   Link #58
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
Kasimasi - Girl Meets Girl ~ Haruhi style? That's... very frightening.

Fortunately I don't think Haruhi has yuri tendencies (well... it'd make for an interesting arc in a horrible sorta way). I can also see a few ero-doujinshi coming from that notion T_T

IMO Haruhi's *power* doesn't work in such obvious and world-breaking ways. The most recently translated chapter really highlights some interesting details on how Haruhi operates... for lack of a better word.
Counterpoint: Mikuru-Ear-Nibble! Well not really... but I'm sure the ero-doujinshi artists have already picked up on that point...

Haruhi's power can operate in 'obvious' and potentially reality changing ways... re: some points in Novel 2.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-02, 12:01   Link #59
philip72

@&%$%!!!!

I didn't notice I could vote for multiple characters until now, so I only voted for Mikuru.

Of course, I voted for her because of all the excellent fanservice she provides, but Haruhi is certainly the facilitator of the aforementioned service, so she would have got my vote as well.

Heck, I would have probably voted for everyone if I had known, the characters are all too good.
Old 2006-05-02, 12:22   Link #60
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
@&%$%!!!!

I didn't notice I could vote for multiple characters until now, so I only voted for Mikuru.

Of course, I voted for her because of all the excellent fanservice she provides, but Haruhi is certainly the facilitator of the aforementioned service, so she would have got my vote as well.

Heck, I would have probably voted for everyone if I had known, the characters are all too good.
Hi.

Just a little visual tip on the type of polls we have here. Notice how the check boxes for this poll are square:

If see square tick boxes (or check boxes or radial buttons) you should assume the poll has multiple choices available. The single choice polls will have round check boxes:

You might have known that, but I thought I'd pass it along. I pretty much work off visual clues and thought it might help someone. Cheers.
Closed Thread