AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-09-20, 04:59   Link #101
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Whoa, six pages already? Looks like I'll have to find some time to update the opening post soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
My first reaction: shota. SHOTA. SHOTA. Sorry, had to be said. Still hot.

Blond girl:
-Left forearm is considerably thicker than upper arm.
-Shoulders seem a bit 'flat'. Left shoulder also seems oddly raised, considering she's pulling at someone behind her.
-Left leg: I'm pretty sure bones don't bend that way
-Left foot: Perspective wise it's the same size as the guy's, which makes the leg seem quite a bit longer than it probably should.
-The lineart probably lines up perfectly fine, but with clothes the torso seems rather extended and the legs misaligned.

No complaints about the adorable delicious goddamn.
It really is quite rare in late-night anime isn't it?

Noted with the raised shoulders stuff. I didn't think that much into it, but they supposed to be running after all. Her whole torso should've been turned to the side a bit.

That left leg was me trying to draw Japanese anime girls running with their feet turned inwards. Guess it looks a bit too weird.

With the misaligned legs/extended torso thing, I think I may need to improve my shading even more. Good shading should've allowed viewers to see that her left leg is clearly further back from the viewer than her right, but it doesn't quite show that in this final picture.

Good to see there are no clearly perceived problems with the little boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Cute faces and nice expression on both of them . At this point, I seriously no longer have any complaint with your hands.

I have same issues as Seitsuki. Plus a few things:
- The girl's breasts feel like they are drooping down unnaturally.
- I think the blonde girl's left leg is too curvy which makes it look weird.
I think I've gotten addicted to drawing blushing. Thanks a lot for the comment on hands. I still need to take extra care drawing them. It may be a long while before they start to come naturally to me.

I wanted the breasts to droop to show off how big they were. Maybe I overdid it?

Noted about the curvy leg. My drawing isn't quite cartoonish (like One Piece?) enough for that sort of leg. Just wanted to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, the blonde's left leg is the sole major issue. It has a plastic-man thing going on.

Other than that, it's a very nicely-drawn and colored picture. I particularly like the hair and facial expression on the blonde girl. Very, very cute.
At least in fighting manga, I think those bendy legs look really cool though. But yeah, for the kind of drawings I make (anime girl pin-ups) I should try to keep the anatomy more on the realistic side.

Thanks for commenting as always. I really appreciate your input. Also more anime girls should wear side-tails.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 10:02   Link #102
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

I wanted the breasts to droop to show off how big they were. Maybe I overdid it?
I liked the big boobs myself. So you have at least one oppai fan here.

Quote:
Thanks for commenting as always. I really appreciate your input. Also more anime girls should wear side-tails.
I definitely agree. Love Live! has given me a new appreciation for side-tails.
Old 2013-09-21, 05:24   Link #103
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Love Live has shown me there are various things to appreciate.
Old 2013-09-25, 08:34   Link #104
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Late again... and wow, another drawing with notable improvements you made there.
Great to see that you're continuing to draw multiple characters at once, coupled with a quite challenging pose and perspective too.

Not much I can say for this one considering almost all of them have been pointed out. I think I can add two things regarding to the boy. His left arm seemed a bit too big for that distance and his skirt seemed sticking too much to the thighs. I think making it flowing freely like the girl would be better.

As for the girl, I agree that the notable problems are her breasts and left leg. While I'm no expert at drawing breasts, I think you should add more volume to them so the shape is rounder. Generally speaking, really big breasts tend to make their position to be drooped down, but in your drawing IMO they don't have enough volume so it doesn't really feel big. As you know, there are numerous tutorials out there regarding this
Maybe Yukikaze Panettone from Dog Days could be a good example... well, if you intended the breasts to look like hers of course.

I personally think that the best part of this drawing is the girl's head. You nailed it perfectly IMO. The shape and perspective is just right. And the color mix for the shadows looks very nice too. Love those purplish and gray/brownish tone within the white colored clothes especially on her apron.

And... why didn't you upload the one with the BG?
Old 2013-11-03, 09:23   Link #105
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I'm very sorry for the late comments. October and November are exam month so I've been very busy, plus I have this thing of not bumping the thread unless I actually have drawings to upload. I just want to say I appreciate every comment in this thread. Thank you all very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Love Live has shown me there are various things to appreciate.
Love Live almost made me appreciate 3DCG.
But seriously, I thought the 3DCG in the first episode looked horrible. Thank goodness it got a lot better as the episodes went on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Late again... and wow, another drawing with notable improvements you made there.
Great to see that you're continuing to draw multiple characters at once, coupled with a quite challenging pose and perspective too.

Not much I can say for this one considering almost all of them have been pointed out. I think I can add two things regarding to the boy. His left arm seemed a bit too big for that distance and his skirt seemed sticking too much to the thighs. I think making it flowing freely like the girl would be better.

As for the girl, I agree that the notable problems are her breasts and left leg. While I'm no expert at drawing breasts, I think you should add more volume to them so the shape is rounder. Generally speaking, really big breasts tend to make their position to be drooped down, but in your drawing IMO they don't have enough volume so it doesn't really feel big. As you know, there are numerous tutorials out there regarding this
Maybe Yukikaze Panettone from Dog Days could be a good example... well, if you intended the breasts to look like hers of course.

I personally think that the best part of this drawing is the girl's head. You nailed it perfectly IMO. The shape and perspective is just right. And the color mix for the shadows looks very nice too. Love those purplish and gray/brownish tone within the white colored clothes especially on her apron.

And... why didn't you upload the one with the BG?
Sorry for the really late reply! You always manage to find things about my drawings that I don't notice so I'm very grateful for your input.
I'm glad to once again hear that I'm improving. It's the first time I drew a running pose so I had to do a lot of research to get the legs to look okay.

Noted regarding the boys skirt, which looks like its been ripped. The distance between the two characters is also something I'll be more careful with next time.

I've seen quite a few tutorials on breasts out there, but am too embarrassed to save them on my computer...

I didn't upload the one with the background because 1) I wanted critiques on the anatomy, and 2) I wasn't too fond of the background.
Once again, thanks for your comment!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

I updated the opening post so every single thing I've drawn so far can be accessed there, if you feel like looking at stuff from the past.

October was pretty empty and while I was feeling pretty creatively bankrupt throughout the month, I should have something new out next week. For now, here is Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata that I drew a while ago and didn't get to put up.

/
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-11-04, 05:48   Link #106
Assort Dis

Being absent for a month and I got back home just in time to see your latest work. Quite fortunate

Some points that I noticed:

- Both of her lower legs seem out of proportion compared to her thigh. Considering that viewpoint, her knees should go from big to smaller instead of the same size (I hope I'm making sense ). I think you can use some foreshortening technique tutorial out there.

- Her shoulders don't look in line with the rest of her body. Her shoulders should connect with her chest first so as not to look like they are removed from her body.

- Her shoes look a bit too simple.

- Nice face

Glad to see you are still going strong with your drawings. And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32
and 2) I wasn't too fond of the background.
That BG was honestly stunning though.
Old 2013-11-04, 09:22   Link #107
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I largely agree with Assort Dis.

Her neck, face, eyes, glasses, and hair all look very nice.

Her clothes, in general, also look very nice. Once again, you've done an excellent job with creases, folds, and shading.

Her legs do look a bit off. Her thighs look a bit too large relative to her legs from the calf muscles down. I'm not sure if it's because the thighs are too big, or the rest of the legs are too small, but it does look off.

I don't think that her shoes are too simple, per se, but just that her feet are too small, in general. At the very least, her right foot appears too small.

On the whole, a very nice picture, and it's definitely great to see you doing more artwork again.
Old 2013-11-04, 20:58   Link #108
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I have this thing of not bumping the thread unless I actually have drawings to upload.
I noticed this actually.

Quote:
I've seen quite a few tutorials on breasts out there, but am too embarrassed to save them on my computer...

I didn't upload the one with the background because 1) I wanted critiques on the anatomy, and 2) I wasn't too fond of the background.
Once again, thanks for your comment!
Ah... I know that feel
agree with AssortDis regarding the BG. I think it complements very nicely with the characters as it gives a kind of atmosphere within the pic.

for the Mirai drawing, were you actually going with this kind of pose or this one?

If it is the former, I think her body needs to be bent backward a bit more, from the chest area to the head. If it's the latter, then there's no problem with her body angle.

There are 4 main problems for me:
- her right arm. It feels too big compared with the left arm, and IMO it should be a bit distant too from that angle. It also seemed to detach from the right shoulder.

- Her feet, down from the knees. I think you made them too small considering the depth of the angle.

- Her skirt area. It feels too tight around the crotch area IMO. Almost like there's an invisible pointy object pressing on it I think this stems from the shading. It's too dark on that area. Also, notice the skirt line on her right waist. It's dead straight and doesn't connect with her thigh curve IMO.

- Her jacket flow, particularly the inner-part line. It doesn't connect with the outer curve of the left side IMO, so the "fold" feels unnatural.

Other than those, they look great. Will look forward for more of your works then!

Quote:
It's only indoor school shoes, that's why.
Old 2013-11-05, 18:38   Link #109
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Some points that I noticed:
- Both of her lower legs seem out of proportion compared to her thigh. Considering that viewpoint, her knees should go from big to smaller instead of the same size (I hope I'm making sense ). I think you can use some foreshortening technique tutorial out there.
- Her shoulders don't look in line with the rest of her body. Her shoulders should connect with her chest first so as not to look like they are removed from her body.
- Nice face

Glad to see you are still going strong with your drawings. And...

That BG was honestly stunning though.
Welcome back! I too haven't been posting on the forum for a while since I realized the time spent lurking in between little breaks I have could be used to actually watch anime.

- Yes I could probably had made the lower part of the legs even smaller since its a lot further back than the rest of the body. Thanks for the suggestion.
- According to the Fate/Extra picture provided by Ryonea, her right shoulder shouldn't be so visible. I guess when I was drawing I really wanted to include the shoulders, hence it looks out of place.
- Its what the school indoor shoes in the show looks like. I could draw a pair of Air Jordans on her, but canonically she's living below the poverty line so...
- Thanks. Its my first time drawing glasses. They're not as intrusive to the face as I thought they would be.

I'm glad both you and Ryonea liked the background. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I largely agree with Assort Dis.

Her neck, face, eyes, glasses, and hair all look very nice.

Her clothes, in general, also look very nice. Once again, you've done an excellent job with creases, folds, and shading.

Her legs do look a bit off. Her thighs look a bit too large relative to her legs from the calf muscles down. I'm not sure if it's because the thighs are too big, or the rest of the legs are too small, but it does look off.

I don't think that her shoes are too simple, per se, but just that her feet are too small, in general. At the very least, her right foot appears too small.

On the whole, a very nice picture, and it's definitely great to see you doing more artwork again.
Thanks for the compliments! Kyoukai no Kanata's character designs are in general very nice. The clothing the students wear feels very "Ivy League", especially with the plaid vests as the show moves into summer time.

Everything about Mirai's design is "loose". From the loose sweater, to the loose hair, and the glasses that is "loosely worn". Mirai's hair in the show has a lot of volume and always looks loose, soft and fluffy! I tried to capture that feeling but I think in this drawing I made her hair a bit too straight.

I agree about her right feet being too small. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for dropping by, Triple R! I'm thankful for your continued support.

Quote:
Ah... I know that feel
agree with AssortDis regarding the BG. I think it complements very nicely with the characters as it gives a kind of atmosphere within the pic.

for the Mirai drawing, were you actually going with this kind of pose or this one?

If it is the former, I think her body needs to be bent backward a bit more, from the chest area to the head. If it's the latter, then there's no problem with her body angle.

There are 4 main problems for me:
- her right arm. It feels too big compared with the left arm, and IMO it should be a bit distant too from that angle. It also seemed to detach from the right shoulder.

- Her feet, down from the knees. I think you made them too small considering the depth of the angle.

- Her skirt area. It feels too tight around the crotch area IMO. Almost like there's an invisible pointy object pressing on it I think this stems from the shading. It's too dark on that area. Also, notice the skirt line on her right waist. It's dead straight and doesn't connect with her thigh curve IMO.

- Her jacket flow, particularly the inner-part line. It doesn't connect with the outer curve of the left side IMO, so the "fold" feels unnatural.

Other than those, they look great. Will look forward for more of your works then!
I wanted to replied eariler but then I thought I would have a new drawing to upload soon so I should wait till then. Then 5 episodes of Kyoukai no Kanata went by. Sorry about that.

Out of those two references, I was going more for the former, Fate/Extra one. Noted about the body bending.

1. Yeah her hand is too long compared to the rest of her body. This is where measuring length using her big head is a bad idea.

2. Will take note of the feet being too small as Triple R also noticed.

3. I wanted to emphasis that she is jumping upwards. But yeah, it ended it looking a bit lewd down there. Noted regarding the skirt line.

4. I will start to watch my shading from the next drawing onward. Sometimes I would shade for the sake of shading even if there isn't suppose to be a shading there.

Thanks for commenting as always! If all goes well I should have something new up in the next day or two.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-11-07, 04:27   Link #110
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

As far as Valvrave go I probably like Shoko's character more, but Saki's design is near irresistible. I wish them both a life of happiness.

/
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-11-15, 08:28   Link #111
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I wanted to replied eariler but then I thought I would have a new drawing to upload soon so I should wait till then. Then 5 episodes of Kyoukai no Kanata went by. Sorry about that.

1. Yeah her hand is too long compared to the rest of her body. This is where measuring length using her big head is a bad idea.

2. Will take note of the feet being too small as Triple R also noticed.

3. I wanted to emphasis that she is jumping upwards. But yeah, it ended it looking a bit lewd down there. Noted regarding the skirt line.

4. I will start to watch my shading from the next drawing onward. Sometimes I would shade for the sake of shading even if there isn't suppose to be a shading there.

Thanks for commenting as always! If all goes well I should have something new up in the next day or two.
Nah, don't worry about it. I kinda figured your posting style since I visited here. I think you're just avoiding double-posting. I'd do the same thing

I almost always use the character's head for measurements, though (and many tutorials I've seen are the same). For distance-play like this I usually measure and draw the normal size of the limbs first, then I adjust the size according to their distance... and I mostly do it just by hunch as long as it looks alright

This Saki drawing looks great. and you're also using AssortDis' favorite scene, lol (lighting towards the viewer)

I think the problems are around the legs:
- her left leg's pose is kinda awkward don't you think? I think it'd be better to put either of her knee / foot down, touching the floor. Doing both like her right leg is fine too IMO.
- Both soles of her feet. I believe they shouldn't be bulging like that but curved inward instead so her heels would be more visible.

Other than those, everything looks alright. It's good to see that you're still very strong with the coloring. I particularly like how soft her (ribbon?) looks. The light dots are very nice touches too, especially those lens flare-like bubbles (what are those called?) around the window and wooden floor.

Quote:
I wish them both a life of happiness.
Saki isn't human anymore so that's almost impossible IMO (to be fair, I haven't watched the 2nd season)
Old 2013-12-25, 00:43   Link #112
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
I almost always use the character's head for measurements, though (and many tutorials I've seen are the same). For distance-play like this I usually measure and draw the normal size of the limbs first, then I adjust the size according to their distance... and I mostly do it just by hunch as long as it looks alright
Same here, I'll just keep fidgeting with the sizes of the limbs until I eventually get it right a few hours later.

Quote:
I think the problems are around the legs:
- her left leg's pose is kinda awkward don't you think? I think it'd be better to put either of her knee / foot down, touching the floor. Doing both like her right leg is fine too IMO.
- Both soles of her feet. I believe they shouldn't be bulging like that but curved inward instead so her heels would be more visible.
In the planning stage both knees were on the floor! But then I altered the perspective of the background while coloring and couldn't keep both knees on the ground without messing up the sizes of the thighs so I had to improvise.

Noted regarding the soles. Next time I will pay attention to the arches of the feet.

Quote:
Other than those, everything looks alright. It's good to see that you're still very strong with the coloring. I particularly like how soft her (ribbon?) looks. The light dots are very nice touches too, especially those lens flare-like bubbles (what are those called?) around the window and wooden floor.
Thank you! I added the ribbon at the very end because I forgot Saki had one, and so I feel it looks a bit out of place compared to the rest of the drawing.

I don't know what those light dots are called either. I just know I see them all the time in pictures/anime so I figured I should draw some as well.

Quote:
Saki isn't human anymore so that's almost impossible IMO (to be fair, I haven't watched the 2nd season)
I'm not caught up either but from what I heard, it has been pretty rough for her recently. Maybe if I hear good things about the final episode I may be compelled to finish it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Merry Christmas!

/
      / \|
    /
Old 2013-12-29, 04:33   Link #113
Seitsuki
Onee!

Feels like you're moving away from my ability to critique q_q

At this point I really can't find any flaw in your colouring anymore. Touch up the lineart a bit more and it'd be indistinguishable from professional work.
Old 2013-12-30, 05:36   Link #114
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

At first I have no idea who she is. I initially thought her as Neko from K, but after I saw your dA description, she turned out to be vocaloid IA... although I'm still unfamiliar with her

Best part of the pic is the hair IMO. It's very well-done and flow smoothly, the coloring enhances that feel too, especially with the soft transitions of the pink-purple shade. The gift box also looks nice. Did you draw it just by your hand or using a tool? it looks quite perfectly squared.

There are some parts that could use more work. For the clothes, the curves feel unnatural, especially the skirt. For body anatomy, her fingers look too long, especially the pinkies IMO Her waist area isn't wide enough IMO, particularly her right leg. I think it'd be better if it is positioned a bit farther from the other leg, since females generally have wider space between their legs compared to males.

That said, glad to see you're still lingering around here since I felt that you and AssortDis somehow disappeared for quite some time.
And although it's late... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! hopefully you'll have a pleasant year-end.