AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-29, 14:00   Link #1001
darkxrose

ok so i just finished episode 3 and..
Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2010-08-29, 15:08   Link #1002
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxrose View Post
ok so i just finished episode 3 and..
Spoiler for ep 3:
Spoiler for Episode3:

Old 2010-09-03, 14:52   Link #1003
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
when battler claims that small bombs were inserted into the food for 6 people, why cant beatrice say "no bombs were used in their deaths?"
why cant beatrice just deny everything with red truth to make battler submit?
because the explosion can be cause by something such as liquid chemicals. In theory you can cause an explosion in someone's stomache with a mixture of different types of wine and food combinations.
Old 2010-09-07, 16:17   Link #1004
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Heres a question kinda off of the actual series, does anyone know who painted the original portraits for Umineko?
Old 2010-09-07, 17:02   Link #1005
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
because the explosion can be cause by something such as liquid chemicals. In theory you can cause an explosion in someone's stomache with a mixture of different types of wine and food combinations.
He could even argue that the murder weapon was a mixture of poprocks and Soda. Hey! It's an urban legend, but that doesn't meant Ryukishi or Battler haven't heard of it.
Old 2010-09-07, 17:03   Link #1006
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Heres a question kinda off of the actual series, does anyone know who painted the original portraits for Umineko?
You mean the artist commissioned to do it correct?
Old 2010-09-07, 17:04   Link #1007
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

yea i guess lol
Old 2010-09-11, 20:41   Link #1008
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

So nobody knows who painted the Umineko Portraits? Chances are Bernkastel would be needed for Ryukishi to pull em off
Old 2010-09-11, 22:03   Link #1009
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It should be Takahito Ekusa

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=47878

also author of the portraits of the upcoming umineko game by Alchemist.

Old 2010-09-12, 01:02   Link #1010
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

ah thanks, I was looking at google translated 07th website and saw what was translated as egusa ren tenm obviously a fail at trying to translate a name.
Old 2010-09-12, 13:41   Link #1011
darkxrose

This has been bugging me for a while, but what is up with Natsuhi's hair??
Is it a hair extension, cloth, or her actual hair?
Old 2010-09-12, 14:36   Link #1012
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

From what I can tell its just a fluffy/curly/etc side-tail
Old 2010-09-14, 22:03   Link #1013
KoiYuki

I think they mean the color.

Maybe she dyed it before..? o-o; I dunno..
Old 2010-09-23, 17:35   Link #1014
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

That hasn't been explained yet, but it's something that has always bothered me. With only one episode left in the series I can't imagine having it suddenly sprung on us that 'OMG she's Battler's real mother' or something, but I still can't help but think that there's some significance to that part of it being red...
Old 2010-09-23, 22:06   Link #1015
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
That hasn't been explained yet, but it's something that has always bothered me. With only one episode left in the series I can't imagine having it suddenly sprung on us that 'OMG she's Battler's real mother' or something, but I still can't help but think that there's some significance to that part of it being red...
You need to rephrase that, I have no idea who you are talking about

I just hope you're not talking about Beato being Battler's real mother (which is how I took that initially...)
Old 2010-09-24, 11:18   Link #1016
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
I just hope you're not talking about Beato being Battler's real mother (which is how I took that initially...)
darkxrose asked about Natsuhi's hair, and is assumedly talking about how the side part of it is tinted red. This tint is kept in all adaptations of the series, so it seems significant and not just 'oh Ryukishi just happened to color it that way'. It seems as though there's a reason behind this red tinge in her hair, and what I was saying is that it'd be a little late in the story for Ryukishi to suddenly spring on us that the red hair = connection to Battler for some reason. Nonetheless, I can't shake the feeling that the red is significant somehow, and not just there for decoration.

I don't see what Beato has to do with any of this.
Old 2010-09-24, 19:30   Link #1017
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
darkxrose asked about Natsuhi's hair, and is assumedly talking about how the side part of it is tinted red. This tint is kept in all adaptations of the series, so it seems significant and not just 'oh Ryukishi just happened to color it that way'. It seems as though there's a reason behind this red tinge in her hair, and what I was saying is that it'd be a little late in the story for Ryukishi to suddenly spring on us that the red hair = connection to Battler for some reason. Nonetheless, I can't shake the feeling that the red is significant somehow, and not just there for decoration.

I don't see what Beato has to do with any of this.
It's just that when I read your post, without knowing who you were talking my brain assumed Beato. I also misread your post as starting with "This" not "That" so I didn't realize you were talking about the previous conversation. Sorry 'bout that.
Old 2010-10-06, 19:07   Link #1018
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
I wouldn't say it has to be important just because all the adaptations have kept it, it would be foolish to go around changing the characters designs between adaptations simply because such and such piece isn't important.
Old 2010-10-21, 20:36   Link #1019
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I know this series seems to be a myster novel or a deconstuction of one but how deos the episode thing work exactly?
Old 2010-10-22, 17:35   Link #1020
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

Just like the previous series Higurashi Umineko is divided in 8 games called Episodes which are somewhat similar to story arcs in other series (of which 7 are released by now)
Each of those Episodes give you a new variation of the full rundown of how a strange mass murder occurred in the time frame of 2 days on a cut off island. The whos, hows and whys differ greatly but all of them are canon as there is some Groundhog Day style loop going on (similar to Higurashis setup but much more straight forward in explanation about it).
But besides the individual stories which are somewhat self-consistent per game there is also a over-arcing plot advancing though all of the games which makes this into a riddle to find the great master plan behind every little aspect of the individual variations of the story by combining what you know about all of them.

Furthermore the whole series is thematically subdivided in the first 4 games and the second half. The first 4 games are referred to as the "question arcs" because they are meant to provide the whole setup to solve the mystery while the rest is collected as the separate "Chiru" series which tries to slowly reveal all of the core to the mystery (which is why fans label them as the "core arcs"). But thats more of a meta perspective for the whole series.
Individually the story always have a mix of answer and new riddles of all the relevant topics and provide a new challenge. Its just that later on the hints get more potent and/or obvious and the stories stop giving you 2 new confusion facts for every fitting puzzle piece

Besides if its really a deconstruction of mystery novels per se (as you assumed) is hard to say until it has finished but it every so often deconstructions some popular elements of the detective novel history and also goes really meta-fictional about this type of story at times. But those game also make very clear later on that they are meant to be solvable by the readers though reasoning about the provided setup just like traditional mystery tales even if the way to address the mysteries can be highly unconventional.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a