AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-20, 03:36   Link #81
potchip

Kyousuke's rational side could not find fault in Mikagami. In his conversation with Daisuke he even said as such, Kyousuke the rational one was trying to calm Daisuke the sulking dad.

If there are no obvious fault in Mikagami's character, then the proper thing to do is respect Kirino's wishes. However Kyousuke was overcome with emotion and his inner conflict lies in what his actions may mean IF Kirino and Mikagami's relationship was real, not how Kirino may be hurt. By punching Mikagami it is already beyond rational actions, just Kyousuke's feeling talking. Besides, how do you prove one person cares more or less about someone? It's like kindergarden kids claiming the most badass status, IMO just Kyousuke's excuse: Kyousuke does not know how much he cares about Kirino himself, he lost control precisely because of that. Fat chance he'll accept Mikagami anyway.
Old 2010-12-23, 22:54   Link #82
Undertaker

This is where our opinion differs than. I personally think Kyosuke and his dad would accept Daisuke (albeit grudgingly) if Daisuke showed more how dedicate he is toward Kirino (assuming the relation was real.)

While there was no fault in Daisuke's personality and character, I felt that at same time he didn't show enough to Kyosuke that he is serious toward Kirino. Though I will agree that the punch was result from Kyosuke lost it because he failed to find fault in Daisuke.

However I think Daisuke messed up his first impression to Kyosuke as well. His answer to Kyosuke's first question "why are you here?" was "because Kirino tell me to" and in an uncertain/lacking tone already gave Kyosuke a bad first impression as Kirino's boyfriend and was noted in Kyosuke's inner thought. Maybe because I 've seen so many similar scene in other anime/manga/j-dramas but Kyosuke's punch didn't speek anything to me other than showing that Kyosuke is a sis-con and was not a indication that there is anymore feeling than
that.

But as I said, I do agree that Kuroneko's V7 confession and Kyosuke accepting it was a bit quick considering that Kirino just broke down few days ago. But the relation itself, IMO, was properly shown throughout the series and is not out of blue or anything close to that.
Old 2011-02-28, 17:22   Link #83
Gamer23
I love swords.

Daisuke

I thought Daisuke is their dad?
Old 2011-02-28, 18:41   Link #84
Imoutocon
俺は妹が大好き

@ Gamer23 Yes he is.Undertaker just got it wrong.What he was refering to is Mikagami, that otaku.
Old 2011-03-01, 09:51   Link #85
Gamer23
I love swords.

Does anyone know who that guy kyosuke borrowed the bike from?
Old 2011-03-01, 10:56   Link #86
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer23 View Post
Does anyone know who that guy kyosuke borrowed the bike from?
Miura Gennosuke. He's the president of the Game Research club Kyousuke and Kuroneko are gonna join soon.
Old 2011-03-01, 20:55   Link #87
Gamer23
I love swords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
Miura Gennosuke. He's the president of the Game Research club Kyousuke and Kuroneko are gonna join soon.
Ah, i see.I just hope they are making a season 2 of it.
Old 2011-03-01, 22:59   Link #88
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer23 View Post
Ah, i see.I just hope they are making a season 2 of it.
Well, from the pace of the anime, I'm guessing that the next three episodes will cover the events of volume 5, and there are only two volumes of novel after that so far. I don't think we'll be seeing another season until at least two more volumes are released.
Old 2011-03-06, 19:31   Link #89
maxikki

anyone knows when the next true episode will be released??
Old 2011-03-25, 10:31   Link #90
TkMacintosh

Random Theory time....>.>

This is my idea on why, how, and MAYBE when Kyousuke and Kirino drifted apart and Kyousuke ignoring Kirino for a while >.>

So my theory is that Kyousuke and Kirino were very close before, but during the sports festival Kirino had when she was younger, aka the photo and ribbions she had hidden away in her box in her closet from Ep 12 Good and True route, she must've done poorly and was made fun of for it.

So Kyousuke, being the older and kinder brother that he was and is, tried to cheer Kirino up, but Kirino clearly upset and distraught slapped/hit him and yelled at him to leave her alone and ran away.

So for the next while Kyousuke, trying to give Kirino her space and letting her calm down, started to hang out with Manami more and more.

With Kirino, she made a promise to herself that she would NEVER let something like this happen EVER AGAIN. She wanted to be the person people could depend on, and for Kyousuke, to be a little sister her big brother could be proud of and brag about.

So Kirino decides to dive into her studies trying to raise her grades and working on her athletics. Kirino ignores just about everything besides being a good daughter to her parents.

This continues on for a while, but eventually, Kirino's parents start praising and favoring Kirino more because of the sudden turn around. Kyousuke at this point starts feeling down, but eventually gives up and just goes with it.

That's about all, but in my mind, all I can see is Kirino wanting to be praised by Kyousuke, but because he's hanging out with Manami, Kirino starts to resent Manami for taking time for Kyousuke away from her.

...It's not THAT great, but it's been stuck in my head for awhile now.
Old 2011-03-25, 12:13   Link #91
Maugomale

There's something interesting in the Ore no Imouto PSP game:

Spoiler:

Considering how Manami said they played once before, my guess is that Kirino met Manami before Kyousuke did, and befriended her. The two become close, and knowing she's a good person, Kirino introduces her to Kyousuke, whom she was also close to at the time. The two start hanging out more and Kirino feels left out.

That would make Kirino's resentment for Manami not only due to stealing her brother's affection, but also for abandoning her friendship, which seems like a good motive for Kirino to pretend not to know her when Manami visits the Kousaka household.

With volume seven's ending, I fear the same will happen again: with Kyousuke and Kuroneko dating, Kirino feels left out. This might provoke a sense of déjà vu on her which hopefully will drive her to take action to prevent it from happening a second time.

But then again, it depends on what the talk Kirino and Kuroneko had on the phone was about...
Old 2011-04-07, 12:58   Link #92
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

News about volume 8:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-07, 17:37   Link #93
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Oh hey, it looks like Kurokoneko(s) are no longer unnamed.

Also, I'm really hoping that Ayase is only joining as an advisor of sorts rather than personally...
Old 2011-04-07, 18:48   Link #94
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
News about volume 8:
Spoiler:
Anyone mind giving this a quick translation?
Old 2011-04-07, 19:14   Link #95
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Spoiler for Not a translation, but more of a summary of what it's talking about:
Old 2011-04-08, 13:38   Link #96
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Spoiler for Not a translation, but more of a summary of what it's talking about:
Spoiler for Imouto:
Old 2011-04-14, 04:51   Link #97
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
News about volume 8:
Spoiler:
Still no translation?
Old 2011-04-14, 12:47   Link #98
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Still no translation?
Sigh. I'm half-asleep now. A little rough and loose. And I delayed my sleep time by 10 minutes! So you smart people should know what to do wwwwww

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-14, 17:26   Link #99
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Thank ^^ just adding the missing line

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2013-04-13, 12:47   Link #100
icebreaker

So - here we go for season 2 of the anime

Episode 2 is nothing less than disappointing. They are trying to fit in 7 volumes of content into 16 episodes, used the first on reintroduction, and wasted the second on something that is neither developing the plot nor funny at all. And the third seems to be Saori's story which most expected to be cut out as well.

What are they trying to do?
Closed Thread