AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 3 17.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 17.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 47.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-09-02, 17:18   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/Apocrypha, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 01:49   Link #2
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So we finally re-arrived at this moment.

RIP Fran. Your opponent was an extremely poor match.

Siegfried on the other hand, is not only invincible, but also a dragonslayer. Since Mordred is the child of King Arthur Pendragon, that should place her at a disadvantage... At least, so long as the possession lasts.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 02:32   Link #3
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

This week is what we've been anticipated for - Siegfried (Sieg) vs Mordred. Back to how epsiode 1 prologue turned out. Sieg got Siegfried's Heart of Fafnir and went BANKAI as Siegfried, thanks to Fran's NP that defilibrated Sieg by accident. Though it's a shame that Fran died a sacrificial lamb... RIP

But most of all, Sieg x Astolfo is too strong in this one! I can't bear it, STOP! /(OAO)\

Seriously, though. I still don't get the anti-Sieg hate from redditers...

I mean, come on. He didn't voiced by Kaneki's seiyuu for nothing.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2017-09-03 at 05:04.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 05:19   Link #4
IceHism

Man i don't know why that boy decided to sacrifice fran by using his 3rd command seal.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 05:43   Link #5
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Man i don't know why that boy decided to sacrifice fran by using his 3rd command seal.
Guess there was no turning back when he thought Fran can finally eliminate Mordred with her nuke NP, but both him & Fran severely underestimated Mordred's beastly endurance, while they both Master-Servant are the weakest of the Black faction.

Given how much a savage fiend Mordred has demonstrated herself, I guess she should better off be a Berserker just like Lancelot, instead of an Arthuria "defective clone" the Saber.
Old 2017-09-03, 08:18   Link #6
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Because he thought he could win and Saber of Red is dangerous? Seems fairly clear cut to me.
Old 2017-09-03, 08:53   Link #7
gunner56

Notice that Sisigou has two Command Seals after Berserker of Blacks NP.
Old 2017-09-03, 09:10   Link #8
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner56 View Post
Probably to command Mordred to either boost defense and regenerate or try to evade.
Old 2017-09-03, 10:45   Link #9
Twi

Recap/Review here. Caules and Fran had what was probably one of the best relationships in the show. Gordes was a complete screw up, Astolfo's master is a murderous sadist, Jack's master acts like her mother and encourages the murdering, the rest of the Red Faction aside from Mordred have no real relationship with their Masters.

We also get some introspective into Shirou’s mindset in how he saw Sieg allowing himself be possessed as a downgrade to being a pure homunculus.
Old 2017-09-03, 10:50   Link #10
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner56 View Post
Spoiler for Light novel comparison:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Recap/Review here. Caules and Fran had what was probably one of the best relationships in the show. Gordes was a complete screw up, Astolfo's master is a murderous sadist, Jack's master acts like her mother and encourages the murdering, the rest of the Red Faction aside from Mordred have no real relationship with their Masters.
Don't forget Fiore and Chiron, they have a pretty good relationship.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2017-09-03 at 11:00.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 11:29   Link #11
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
But most of all, Sieg x Astolfo is too strong in this one! I can't bear it, STOP! /(OAO)\

Seriously, though. I still don't get the anti-Sieg hate from redditers...
I think most of the complaints are really looking for excuses to bash him, because those posters feel like he came in the middle of the story and stole their pure waifu Jeanne.

It is ok now. They should quiet down slightly with the anime eliminating the Sieg x Jeanne moments and going for Sieg x Astolfo (the one true pairing) instead. Plus we will now have an army of fujoshi to shout the complainers down.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 12:23   Link #12
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Because he thought he could win and Saber of Red is dangerous? Seems fairly clear cut to me.
Yea but sabers are always consistently the strongest class in the holy grail wars. It's simply extremely bad strategy to try to launch a suicide attack against them when most of the time, it won't work at all.
Old 2017-09-03, 12:25   Link #13
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It wasn't just any suicide attack. It was her Noble Phantasm, boosted with the power of a command seal. In fact, the only reason Mordred even survived was because the other side also used a command seal
Old 2017-09-03, 12:37   Link #14
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It wasn't just any suicide attack. It was her Noble Phantasm, boosted with the power of a command seal. In fact, the only reason Mordred even survived was because the other side also used a command seal
I'd understand trading a seal for a seal if he didn't use two of them literally right before for not so smart reasons. I also kind of doubt Mordred would have died from that NP. Probably incapacitated and immediately lose to sieg right after. Fran hasn't really shown she is that powerful.
Old 2017-09-03, 13:46   Link #15
Blueknight78

i will say, sieg is really one of the worst mc ever i saw, this guy is pathetic almost beyond any forgive, why they don't let just the true "ziegfried" be the hero, this episode only showed how bad this guy is being and really ziegfried sacrificing his life for this guy was really bad, the battle between ziegfried and mortred was really awesome, but i reallly feel bad about a such good character like him being wasted on this guy, serious i'm really trying my best to like or at last give a chance to this guy but he keep being a failured, what saved this episode was really frankstein sacrifice and his master, astolfo and the coming back of ziegfried, the sieg himself was again the pathetic later to the party guy, serious, just making him disappear all already and almost none gonna notice his miss.

the more i see of him the less "important to the plot he look.
Old 2017-09-03, 13:49   Link #16
chaos_alfa

Quote:
I'd understand trading a seal for a seal if he didn't use two of them literally right before for not so smart reasons. I also kind of doubt Mordred would have died from that NP. Probably incapacitated and immediately lose to sieg right after. Fran hasn't really shown she is that powerful.
It is a shame that A1 pictures adaption of th light novel is a bit sloppy and is missing the narration from the light novel. A lot of details aren't conveyed probably to the viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i will say, sieg is really one of the worst mc ever i saw, this guy is pathetic almost beyond any forgive, why they don't let just the true "ziegfried" be the hero, this episode only showed how bad this guy is being and really ziegfried sacrificing his life for this guy was really bad, the battle between ziegfried and mortred was really awesome, but i reallly feel bad about a such good character like him being wasted on this guy, serious i'm really trying my best to like or at last give a chance to this guy but he keep being a failured, what saved this episode was really frankstein sacrifice and his master, astolfo and the coming back of ziegfried, the sieg himself was again the pathetic later to the party guy, serious, just making him disappear all already and almost none gonna notice his miss.

the more i see of him the less "important to the plot he look.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2017-09-03 at 14:08.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 14:27   Link #17
bakato

In Darnic's flashback last episode, it seemed his servant in the previous Holy Grail War was also a knight of the round. This is somewhat hinted at in the novels when Team Red is discussing Mordred's performance against golems. Darnic felt that he should've been able to recognize her armor and abilities. If his previous servant was a knight of the round, then this makes sense.
Old 2017-09-03, 14:30   Link #18
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
In Darnic's flashback last episode, it seemed his servant in the previous Holy Grail War was also a knight of the round. This is somewhat hinted at in the novels when Team Red is discussing Mordred's performance against golems. Darnic felt that he should've been able to recognize her armor and abilities. If his previous servant was a knight of the round, then this makes sense.
They just more or less randomly chose someone to be his servant and it happened to be Fionn mac Cumhaill.
Old 2017-09-03, 14:47   Link #19
InfinityDragonGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
No that's wrong.
Darnic's servant was
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2017-09-03, 15:23   Link #20
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It is a shame that A1 pictures adaption of th light novel is a bit sloppy and is missing the narration from the light novel. A lot of details aren't conveyed probably to the viewer.

then i can't really blame anyone to hate character or don't understand things, the anime team is making a big "effort" in make things look bad, specially the protagonist, basically they cut and changed everything which could make majority of peoples like him and turn him in a "center of bash and hate", because really at this point he is really the "later to the party" out of place character, even the others characters inside the anime don't see him as any importance or threat, for them to want to focus.

and why he was so pathetic with the sword while all others homunculus where at last good enough to at last dying looking like they know "how to fight" while him looks like a totally nuub running to die, he looked on this episode like a "chunibyou character" which think which he is too powerfull and the master of battle to when start to battle just "swing" around his weapon like a idiot hoping peoples are dumb enough to get hit by his random swins, the narration here on the anime is really not helping sierg and the team chooses only gonna make more peoples hating him even more if they keep doing the same.