AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 46 36.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 32.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 19.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-27, 20:07   Link #81
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
you know what really disturbed me?

the fact that after eva got and fell down when we see her body and her "darling" you can her mouth move

poor eva no instant death for you
Well it's a scientific fact that the brain still functions for a couple seconds after the subject is decapitated and/or shot through the head.

So the mouth movement after she got shot really isn't that mysterious.
Old 2009-11-27, 20:16   Link #82
Rei-Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post

Spoiler for images:

I'm too lazy to boot up the VN right now, though, so if anyone can confirm that this is or isn't different for me, please do.

Warning: Lots of incoming images from the VN

Spoiler for VN 1st Twilight:

Note how the description is "His/her head was half destroyed".

I can't agree that this is an insignificant thing as Beatrice and Gaap specifically said that this method of murder was the best in proving that the person is indeed dead, but still identifiable.
Btw, did they even mention in the anime that Beatrice is now using Red Truth Starvation tactics for the 4th game?

Spoiler for Important stuff they cut in the anime:
Spoiler for Part2:
Spoiler for Part3:
Spoiler for Part4:

Here's the best part:
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-11-27, 20:23   Link #83
June 1983

^They actually did include Ange saying that the method of killing was the most "ideal" for Beatrice. The implication is that what's important is that their faces are still mostly visible (which even in the cases of Rudolf, Rosa, and Eva, whose faces weren't half-destroyed in the anime, is still true).

So I don't know if it is ultimately an important difference or not. Only if it turns out that there is an important anti-fantasy method of killing that has to do with "crushing" faces will it be a problem ... and possibly this is a hint that there isn't.
Old 2009-11-27, 20:40   Link #84
Rei-Tenshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
^They actually did include Ange saying that the method of killing was the most "ideal" for Beatrice. The implication is that what's important is that their faces are still mostly visible (which even in the cases of Rudolf, Rosa, and Eva, whose faces weren't half-destroyed in the anime, is still true).

So I don't know if it is ultimately an important difference or not. Only if it turns out that there is an important anti-fantasy method of killing that has to do with "crushing" faces will it be a problem ... and possibly this is a hint that there isn't.
I can already think of several major differences in theories right now on how the 1st twilight was done based on having only 3 faces smashed vs all 6. Not sure if I can post the theories here though.

Oh well, I hope that it really IS just a minor insignificance.
Old 2009-11-27, 20:42   Link #85
vinesage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
Well not really that I find it plausible; no matter how I see it, this magic scene didn't really happen, and no one actually fell through the floor in the first place. I'm just saying that from the magical perspective the scene tries to present, it comes off looking somewhat odd.

Again, it's not that it wouldn't be fatal as it is a departure from what Meta-Ange later tells Meta-Battler about 'the best method of killing'. Look at it from the perspective of the survivors who might happen upon the bodies later. They didn't see Kinzo's supposed massacre, they just see the corpses. Compare that to the rose garden shed in EP1 and the idea that someone in there may not really be dead, but either A) a potentially faked corpse (impossible in this case, everyone's face is clearly theirs) or B) the 'dead' in question are the people we assume them to be, but with some sort of makeup used to fake death (Nanjo only checked one or two corpses for rigor mortis, or if he's an accomplice, even that could be a lie). If someone came to the dining hall later after hearing Kumasawa and Gohda's story, they might see, say, Rosa, with a hole in her neck, and presume 'oh, man, she's dead alright'. Maybe the wound is fake, and Rosa is still alive and only pretending? I don't personally believe this theory, mind you, I'm just saying that changing the depiction of the killings in the Anime MAY be significant.

No offense taken. However, if I were trying to find mistakes, I would have noticed them when I watched the raw, and I didn't pick up on these until having watched the raw twice and then watched the sub. I think the episode was done very well and my only real complaint would be the cut of Shannon/Kanon's entire conversation (what was kept just seems strange without the rest) or Kinzo's 'what are your children worth to you?' bit being removed. I rated this episode a 9 and really enjoyed it. I'm not trying to nitpick just for the sake of finding fault with the Anime, I just thought I may have noticed a few oddities that could potentially pose different interpretations compared to the VN version.
That sounds totally logical from you, I like it :-)

Anyway, I havent read VN yet, so dont know how those corpses are going to be found. and As long as it is not shown, it doesnt really matter to me if their heads are complete blown off or not, all 6 of the dead are still alive in my book as of now.
But I sure do understand your point as well. I'd wait first for next ep to see how battler find the corpses before coming back to you ;-)

and about those magic scenes: isnt it supposed to look weird at first place? how can you make any anti-fantasy theory if the magic scene are complete logical? aka they fell through the floor and landed in the dungeon right beneath it, well that sounds a bit too logical for my taste
Old 2009-11-27, 20:44   Link #86
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei-Tenshi View Post
I can already think of several major differences in theories right now on how the 1st twilight was done based on having only 3 faces smashed vs all 6. Not sure if I can post the theories here though.

Oh well, I hope that it really IS just a minor insignificance.
Well, sure, that may make a differences in theories (including some of my own), but I'm talking about whether or not it makes a difference in what the solution actually is. If Ryuukishi07 IS keeping an eye on what they change or leave out in the anime and IS possibly letting the anime give us hints about what is right or wrong (debatable but possible), then that does mean the only significance of that aspect of the first twilight is that the faces are clearly visible, and that the manner of their deaths is secondary.
Old 2009-11-27, 20:54   Link #87
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Takano =/= Lambda

Laying blame on Lambda, who mostly pulls strings behind the scene, is kinda weird So you believe witches are doing it?
Lambda =/= Takano.

I meant this one.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2009-11-27 at 21:12.
Old 2009-11-28, 01:07   Link #88
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Lambda =/= Takano.

I meant this one.
Kasumi? Why her - she doesn't care about the Ushiromiya family, she just hates Ange.
Old 2009-11-28, 01:59   Link #89
TeeHee
I know we have bread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Lol no Gaap sideboob. I guess you can't really show that at this point. That said, she's got a very fitting voice.
There was some...
Spoiler for Imagery:
Old 2009-11-28, 02:50   Link #90
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee View Post
There was some...
Spoiler for Imagery:
And notice how it isn't consistent with her right boob.
Old 2009-11-28, 03:19   Link #91
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^It's supposed to be only on the left side right? Take a look at the VN picture, you see a ribbon tying the two pieces (front and back) together, but on the right side, you can't really see a ribbon...so i'm assuming it's only a "one side" thing.
Old 2009-11-28, 03:24   Link #92
Crontica

This. Episode. ROCKED!

MIRAGECORDINATOR ! ! !

MASSACRE MANIA!

IMPENDING MULTIPLAYER TROLL!

10/10
Old 2009-11-28, 03:34   Link #93
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Loved the miragecoordinator, and Maria killing Rosa was PAFECKTO!
Old 2009-11-28, 03:53   Link #94
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

But in the VN she's angled in such a way that we see her only from the left side so... yeah...
Old 2009-11-28, 04:31   Link #95
Bellecat
THIS TEXT IS DELICIOUS

Actually, you can see that the gap is only on one side.

Old 2009-11-28, 06:04   Link #96
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Loved this epi, and finally i can see my favorite chara on this show, Gaap
Liked her seiyuu really much, sexy and deep, same for Siesta00, really good
Rosa finally get what deserved and the twilight finally begin, evil Goldsmith rocks
Old 2009-11-28, 08:37   Link #97
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , we are near the end !
Seems that it'll finally become interesting .

Omg Maria ...
Old 2009-11-28, 09:57   Link #98
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Kasumi? Why her - she doesn't care about the Ushiromiya family, she just hates Ange.
Because she looks so happily evil, resembles Takano so strongly, and has minions with briefcases with special guns. Like I said, I don't really know what's going on anymore, so I'm just going to blame her for everything up to and including moldy bread until I find some firmer ground to stand on.
Old 2009-11-28, 10:12   Link #99
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Because she looks so happily evil, resembles Takano so strongly, and has minions with briefcases with special guns. Like I said, I don't really know what's going on anymore, so I'm just going to blame her for everything up to and including moldy bread until I find some firmer ground to stand on.
Just because someone looks evil doesn't mean they're completely evil

Besides she was never on Rokkenjima and the limit for people on the island is "no more than 18" so how could she kill everyone?
Old 2009-11-28, 10:36   Link #100
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Just because someone looks evil doesn't mean they're completely evil

Besides she was never on Rokkenjima and the limit for people on the island is "no more than 18" so how could she kill everyone?
She just has to do that droopy grin of hers, and people die, just like that.