AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 00:42   Link #13161
Thunder Book
Endless Member

I almost wonder if mystery girl is some kind of combination of all of the Rokkenjimma females, either metaphorically or literally as a meta world representation.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:44   Link #13162
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
I almost wonder if mystery girl is some kind of combination of all of the Rokkenjimma females, either metaphorically or literally as a meta world representation.
If she is is all the men are going to be in the first twilight this time. Okay EP6 was mostly girls so all boys doesn't seem to out there does it?

Anybody else got ideas?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:47   Link #13163
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Almazluverdis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Before spoilers for EP7 came out we were speculating if there would be another new detective this time around. I think the most popular picks were Rudolf and Gohda. Rudolf becuase he has the same personality as Battler mostly. Well I just thought of something. Say this new sprite is of Jessica. Maybe it's just what she wears when she has the detective's authority? Just a thought.
I say. That's not really what I had in mind. Maybe they're Battler's and Beato's children. Think about it. They both wear the GOLDEN EAGLE and the female/male/whatever is wearing the ring. They both look a hell lot like Battler and Beatrice, (in different ways too) and I have no idea what that necklace with the anchor is.

Unless... the boatmen is MAGIC!

ALMAZ TEXT BELONGS TO ME, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU CAN'T USE IT.

EDIT: Beato and Battler are married, right?
Old 2010-07-07, 00:50   Link #13164
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Before spoilers for EP7 came out we were speculating if there would be another new detective this time around. I think the most popular picks were Rudolf and Gohda. Rudolf becuase he has the same personality as Battler mostly. Well I just thought of something. Say this new sprite is of Jessica. Maybe it's just what she wears when she has the detective's authority? Just a thought.
I don't want it to be Jessica personally. For starters, Jessica's chest is much bigger than this new girl's (or guy's). I doubt going into the future suddenly makes your cup size go down to an A. Besides, why would Bern pick someone like Jessica out of everyone to become the new detective. It's easier to assume the girl is a new character, but may not even be related to Bern.

Figuring out what role she has is too early. She might be a character from the past for instance.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:51   Link #13165
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If she is is all the men are going to be in the first twilight this time. Okay EP6 was mostly girls so all boys doesn't seem to out there does it?

Anybody else got ideas?
Erika is still alive on the gameboard! She is the Game Master!

Or.... This new female character is a feminist!
Old 2010-07-07, 00:53   Link #13166
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I don't want it to be Jessica personally. For starters, Jessica's chest is much bigger than this new girl's (or guy's). I doubt going into the future suddenly makes your cup size go down to an A. Besides, why would Bern pick someone like Jessica out of everyone to become the new detective. It's easier to assume the girl is a new character, but may not even be related to Bern.

Figuring out what role she has is too early. She might be a character from the past for instance.
I'm of the opinion that if it is Jessica it's just because she has a thick coat. (Besides breast size doesn't hurt shkanon any) And I doubt her breast size is the real reason you don't want her to be a detective. So what's your real reason?

Okay sure they could be original characters, but it's not as fun that way really.
Old 2010-07-07, 00:57   Link #13167
Thunder Book
Endless Member

The breast sizes not matching up is a legitimate reason to not think they are the same character.

That is, unless Jessica is stuffing balloons in her bra, and her parents didn't notice.

It's funny how many theories could be confirmed or denied if Battler actually went grabbing the girls' chests back in Episode 1.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 01:02   Link #13168
Judoh
Mystery buff

Well anyway back to my original question. Do you still think there will be a new detective or not? The Jessica thing was only a hypothetical geez...
Old 2010-07-07, 01:04   Link #13169
Kylon99

What I think is that yes, there will be a new detective and it's that guy/girl in the portrait. However, they won't be detectives on the gameboard or like in a mystery novel but rather detectives that investigate crime scenes... 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 01:08   Link #13170
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

The new gentlemen is Van Dine! I refuse to repeat! It's devil's proof!
Old 2010-07-07, 01:08   Link #13171
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
What I think is that yes, there will be a new detective and it's that guy/girl in the portrait. However, they won't be detectives on the gameboard or like in a mystery novel but rather detectives that investigate crime scenes... 8)
So in your head Blondie is just going to over use the investigation right they have in episode 3 then?
Old 2010-07-07, 01:14   Link #13172
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that if it is Jessica it's just because she has a thick coat. (Besides breast size doesn't hurt shkanon any) And I doubt her breast size is the real reason you don't want her to be a detective. So what's your real reason?

Okay sure they could be original characters, but it's not as fun that way really.
Meh, I just don't see why it has to be Jessica or a future version of her. The only similarities they share are their hair color. It's like Jessica = Beatrice all over again.

I don't see how it isn't fun if they aren't a new character. This is Umineko, there hasn't been a game since after EP 1 that didn't feature new characters. The fact that Zepar and Furfur are on the cover with these two new characters might imply they're a couple who work with each other. I think it'd be more interesting if the new character was a former Beatrice - maybe even the first Beatrice who gave Kinzo his gold.
Old 2010-07-07, 01:18   Link #13173
Judoh
Mystery buff

You know it could be other way around... Kinzo could be the effeminate Blonde and Genji could be the big Burly guy with the boat anchor around his neck. It would make more sense if Kinzo were wearing the one winged eagle.

and what I mean by fun is to speculate on how he'll write the story if the character is "X"
Old 2010-07-07, 01:19   Link #13174
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Meh, I just don't see why it has to be Jessica or a future version of her. The only similarities they share are their hair color. It's like Jessica = Beatrice all over again.

I don't see how it isn't fun if they aren't a new character. This is Umineko, there hasn't been a game since after EP 1 that didn't feature new characters. The fact that Zepar and Furfur are on the cover with these two new characters might imply they're a couple who work with each other. I think it'd be more interesting if the new character was a former Beatrice - maybe even the first Beatrice who gave Kinzo his gold.
Or maybe Beatrice's GRANDMOTHER. Do the math.

????: I brought cookies!

Beatrice: Hi, Grandma!

Not really. But you are right. But has anyone other than me thought that they might be, I dunno... DEMONS? It could happen, no?
Old 2010-07-07, 01:21   Link #13175
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almazluverdis3 View Post
Or maybe Beatrice's GRANDMOTHER. Do the math.

????: I brought cookies!

Beatrice: Hi, Grandma!

Not really. But you are right. But has anyone other than me thought that they might be, I dunno... DEMONS? It could happen, no?
Well the guy is definietly a meta-character, but the girl/boy in red has black irises in the game art, so they're almost definietly a human character.
Old 2010-07-07, 01:26   Link #13176
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I still refuse to think it as someone from the island. I mean, really. We've already seen Maria, Eva, Battler, Kanon, Shannon, George, Jessica, Kinzo (or Goldsmith), Kumasawa use/use without knowing magic. You noticed Jessica is on my list right?

EDIT: And Erika
Spoiler for Lazy list is lazy:
Old 2010-07-07, 01:33   Link #13177
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well the guy is definietly a meta-character, but the girl/boy in red has black irises in the game art, so they're almost definietly a human character.
Maybe she's Natsuhi's servant who died with her foster baby on the cliff. SCARY GHOST IS SCARY.

Ange and Battler have black irises. They're on the meta-layer too. Maria is on the island, yet her eyes are violet. And she's also on the meta-layer.

I'm still sticking to my demon theory.

EDIT: I went and checked. Ange has blue eyes.
Old 2010-07-07, 01:45   Link #13178
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
We know that Ryukishi likes to color code things and that the different colors might mean different things for him. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that guy was a human character or vice versa.
Old 2010-07-07, 01:51   Link #13179
Kylon99

Quote:
So in your head Blondie is just going to over use the investigation right they have in episode 3 then?
Wait.. I don't understand that sentence. 8) But maybe, if they do investigate in 1998, where are they going to get evidence unless they start digging... hm.

Quote:
We know that Ryukishi likes to color code things and that the different colors might mean different things for him. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that guy was a human character or vice versa.
Well.. we have golden hair, red suit, blue coat... but the guy's hair isn't quite black... 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 01:53   Link #13180
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
Wait.. I don't understand that sentence. 8) But maybe, if they do investigate in 1998, where are they going to get evidence unless they start digging... hm.
I thought you might be saying they'd investigate like in the cigarette scene in EP3 only it happens for the whole episode and not just once.