AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 06:32   Link #261
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Glad I bought the Tekken tag HD with the movie! No need to DLC the school girl costumes and movie devil forms of Jin and Kaz.

Shin is in the game?! WTF?! I still can't get over the one hit KO back breaker Heihachi did to him. A pretty pathetic addition in my case.

Wonder if Forest will play exactly like Martial Law? Also at 2:05 damn if that is Forest Law's ending looks like another stupid comedy ending, much like the Mishima family meal.... XD

Also there is now a clothing ripping here on Tekken?! O_O 2:18 Lilly gets her clothes ripped off by Combot.

Now instead of cutomizing your own character giving moveset, they made combot. Aww...I wanted to make my own character.

Glad to see even Miharu is given a break here to be in Tekken.
Same here, I kinda expected this will come, so that's why I bought the Hybrid Pack

Those Blood Vegeance extras are still a rumor, although the source is quite reliable, from 2ch.
About Shin... well, blame the people who flooded Harada's twitter wanting him to be added >_> he was clearly not a fighter. Although his case should be the same as Miharu's, just a mere palette swap.

That ripped clothes thingy only happen in Fight Lab mode IMO, it was seen on the fight lab demo video recorded at E3. Hopefully the combot can be "skinned" into a custom or existing character

As for Miharu and Forest, the hints are only these:
- the "forest law" name on one of the ending thumbnails
- Law's name is now written as "Marshall Law". (Look at the video when it mentions the team battle mode)
- The one running behind Xiaoyu in one of the ending thumbnails might be Miharu
Old 2012-07-03, 10:01   Link #262
xip
future tekken lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Now instead of cutomizing your own character giving moveset, they made combot. Aww...I wanted to make my own character.

Glad to see even Miharu is given a break here to be in Tekken.
I doubt that they would put the character creation in tekken, its a unique feature for Soul Calibur and best to keep it exclusive.

I CANT WAIT TO PLAY MY LILI/ASUKA TEAM! The new trailer made me so HYPE again for the game!

xip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:49   Link #263
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Same here, I kinda expected this will come, so that's why I bought the Hybrid Pack

Those Blood Vegeance extras are still a rumor, although the source is quite reliable, from 2ch.
About Shin... well, blame the people who flooded Harada's twitter wanting him to be added >_> he was clearly not a fighter. Although his case should be the same as Miharu's, just a mere palette swap.

That ripped clothes thingy only happen in Fight Lab mode IMO, it was seen on the fight lab demo video recorded at E3. Hopefully the combot can be "skinned" into a custom or existing character

As for Miharu and Forest, the hints are only these:
- the "forest law" name on one of the ending thumbnails
- Law's name is now written as "Marshall Law". (Look at the video when it mentions the team battle mode)
- The one running behind Xiaoyu in one of the ending thumbnails might be Miharu
Well you know Harada, he doesn't approve of DLC, so he's banking in on the disc buy, so you won't need to DLC. That's the best marketing strategy imho.

2ch is more reliable when it comes to gaming because alot of Japanese players are serious fighting gamers.

Shin made a pathetic impression not even flinching Heihachi, Miharu on the other case might have some skills off her own, not unless she's just another pallete swap of Ling Xiaoyu like they did in T4.

Ohh so Tekken is not going for the SC route shame. :P Well I also hope Combot can be indeed customize to look like another character, would be pretty funny to have Kuma's head and then Combot's body lol

Glad they're bringing in all the tekken cast, but no Dr. Bosgonovitch. P.Jack and Tesujin? Probably they'll be a surprise character

Quote:
Originally Posted by xip View Post
I doubt that they would put the character creation in tekken, its a unique feature for Soul Calibur and best to keep it exclusive.

I CANT WAIT TO PLAY MY LILI/ASUKA TEAM! The new trailer made me so HYPE again for the game!

Well it's just wishful thinking. Not unless we barge Harada in Twitter for T7 to make our own character. If Shin made it in because of the Japanese fan request, then why not a create a character?
Old 2012-07-06, 09:55   Link #264
xip
future tekken lord

fresh from namco bandai japan expo 2012

new characters and stages revealed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDIC2eWIc1U&feature=plcp

P.Jack and Alex are back yeah!!
Old 2012-07-06, 10:15   Link #265
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
P.Jack, Alex, Forest Law and.... Tiger =_='

just great, another Capoeira fighter
oh well, at least they're free

thanks Good Guy Harada
I wanted Miharu though orz

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 12:29   Link #266
Xagzan

So, for those who already preordered, will these new 4 also be available on day 1?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 12:55   Link #267
Yorae_paladin1

problem with shin is he relied too much on his near immortal super body instead of backing off for a bit and training said body to use it to its fullest to battle someone like heihachi. whom you need to be an excellent combatant to survive against heihachi even worse since he is deaged and back to the prime of his life so yeah he is stronger now.

this game looks quite good might buy it
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 13:44   Link #268
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
So, for those who already preordered, will these new 4 also be available on day 1?
AFAIK, no
it depends where you preordered
you'll get an early access to the Snoop Dogg Stage, a combination of 2 out of Angel, Ancient Ogre, Michelle and Kunimitsu or all of em

those other guys that was just recently announced are gonna be available for DLC someday for free anyway!

Old 2012-07-06, 15:09   Link #269
Xagzan

I did it at Gamestop, which I believe gets you day 1 access to everything that was announced before. I'm just not sure how these four new characters fit in to that.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 16:58   Link #270
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post

thanks Good Guy Harada
I'd like to think that Miharu will still make it in, everyone announced in this trailer is a clone... they really wouldn't have to do much to add Miharu at this point, I really wouldn't be surprised if they announced her with some other characters and Unknown later on since even Tiger and Shin Kamiya (though a pallette swap) made it in (and she appeared briefly in the last trailer). At least I hope so, it wouldn't be the biggest deal if she was left out but I do like Miharu and would like to see her playable again. ^^;

I don't really understand the complete re-haul they did with Kunimitsu, Michelle, and Angel's designs... and yet they just kept Forest, and the other guys the exact same. I really can't complain at this point since this game is basically fanservice on top of fanservice... it's just something I find odd.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 19:31   Link #271
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

thanks Good Guy Harada
More sausages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I'd like to think that Miharu will still make it in, everyone announced in this trailer is a clone... they really wouldn't have to do much to add Miharu at this point, I really wouldn't be surprised if they announced her with some other characters and Unknown later on since even Tiger and Shin Kamiya (though a pallette swap) made it in (and she appeared briefly in the last trailer). At least I hope so, it wouldn't be the biggest deal if she was left out but I do like Miharu and would like to see her playable again. ^^;

I don't really understand the complete re-haul they did with Kunimitsu, Michelle, and Angel's designs... and yet they just kept Forest, and the other guys the exact same. I really can't complain at this point since this game is basically fanservice on top of fanservice... it's just something I find odd.
Yup, according to Harada's tweet. We'll have more characters and stages.

For the design, Tiger's got a minor revision. Maybe they don't feel the need to update the designs since it's already iconic anyway. Since Tekken 5, most of the characters design stay the same, right?

Anyway, people said that these new characters aren't palette swaps and they have a slightly different moveset as well. (There's an extended clip from the Japan Expo Press Conference, we can see that they can tag with their similar characters). Though Miharu and Shin (if they'll be included too) might still be a mere palette swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I did it at Gamestop, which I believe gets you day 1 access to everything that was announced before. I'm just not sure how these four new characters fit in to that.
I don't know whether these new characters are to be included or also DLC (haven't seen anything that mentions about DLC). If they're going to be another free DLCs, I think there might be some new preorder options too.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:21   Link #272
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ whats the ratio so far?
Old 2012-07-06, 20:50   Link #273
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The great thing about clone characters in Tekken is that whenever you play them in recent Tekken installments they play differently and feel different.

As I've seen in the trailer, seems Forest Law is faster retains the old animations of Marshall Law Tekken5.
Old 2012-07-06, 22:41   Link #274
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
^ whats the ratio so far?
What ratio? male : female fighters?
So far we have 54 characters... and 16 of them are females (or maybe 18 if we're to include Roger's Mom and female Mokujin ). That makes about 3 : 1.

New stages, if you guys haven't seen them. Phillipines, Spain, France, and Holland.
Old 2012-07-07, 00:20   Link #275
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Whao! New stages!

Philippines stage demo seems to me now Paul and Steve are the current team, also the TIME ZONE on the background as I know it's a popular arcade in the Philippines.

Spain stage wish there was an option where you can get hit and slamed into the bar, Leo and Miguel has no partners? Hmm...wonder why?

France stage looks familiar I just can't put my finger on it....Sisters teaming up and rivals, both pair don't along that well.

Holland stage well windmill, tulips...the stereotype "tourisim" stage. Loving P.Jack spinning fists. Almost every move with P.Jack makes the opponent spin or part of him spin.
Old 2012-07-07, 01:39   Link #276
xip
future tekken lord

My favorite new stage is holland, looks beautiful. What's up with the philippines stage? why couldn't they just pick one of its popular tourist destination instead of this ghetto looking road or some shit?
Old 2012-07-07, 01:52   Link #277
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Probably Manila's busy street.
Old 2012-07-07, 10:20   Link #278
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I don't know whether these new characters are to be included or also DLC (haven't seen anything that mentions about DLC). If they're going to be another free DLCs, I think there might be some new preorder options too.
I think they will be free
didn't Harada mentioned before that DLCs would be free?

Old 2012-07-07, 10:23   Link #279
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
I think they will be free
didn't Harada mentioned before that DLCs would be free?
Wow free dlc thats awesome unlike capcom.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 11:45   Link #280
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

well yeah
pre order bonuses are just early access to the free DLCs

Tags
fighting game