AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-30, 15:49   Link #241
marvelB

Boy, you guys sure are making me feel nostalgic. I got into Jojo around 2002-ish.... a couple years before I got into One Piece, even! Of course, around the time there was an even MORE limited amount of available English chapters (the first three parts weren't even fully translated at the time, if memory serves me right). I even remember how excited I was when SBR began..... ah, good times. Of course, I too am grateful to all parties involved in bringing us English Jojo (and yes, that even counts whoever it was who brought us the horrible "DUWANG" scans for part 4).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 11:54   Link #242
hamazura
whatever

im in part 4 now and its awesome. i find part 3 pretty boring and the worst of all, maybe only polnareff is likeable in entire main cast, everyone besides him is just ok and pretty boring.

in contrast, ALL of part 4 main cast all are pretty colorful, unique and interesting. especially koichi, this brown(in part2)-like unnecesary character actually pretty interesting and got so much developtment

the storyline in part 3, obviously the most boring. place A > vs stand A > place B > vs stand B > .... > Z. sure maybe part 1 kinda like that, but its short so its not too boring. the problem in part 3 that its pretty darn long, the fight is 'just like that' and uninteresting, even fight against dio is pretty quick. i was hoping all the main cast will teamwork him, but its just asspull that jotaro can use imba time stop too.

again, in contrast, the storyline in part 4... is kind of not a storyline, its just daily life of josuke and his friends, meeting another stand user and befriend with them afterwards and join josuke's daily life in the next next chapter like the harvest and yandere girl. and its more interesting and relaxing this way.

well tl;dr part 4>2>1>3. i hope part 5-8 are better
Old 2014-05-07, 16:03   Link #243
marvelB

Actually, speaking of part 4, are the revised scans complete yet? Last I checked, they still had a bit of a ways to go (I think the last arc I read was Highway Star, but I'm not entirely sure here). I wanna read the complete revised series soon so I can read it back-to-back with the Duwang version!
Old 2014-05-07, 19:36   Link #244
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, speaking of part 4, are the revised scans complete yet? Last I checked, they still had a bit of a ways to go (I think the last arc I read was Highway Star, but I'm not entirely sure here).
The last they did was the Enigma fight, I think (Or was it cheap trick? It was back in January). I think that group wants to release all of the remaining volumes in one go, so it's gonna take a while for them to be done with it.

What a beautiful Duwang
Old 2014-05-07, 21:44   Link #245
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Just finished part 7, been reading over it the past few days. What a journey to read.

Valentine's D4C is OP with that sort of ability.

Spoiler for late late late content in the part:

Now time to start part 8 later...
Old 2014-05-08, 00:26   Link #246
vlade

BTW is there a chance that the Spin come out at part 8.
Spoiler for gappy:
vlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 12:37   Link #247
hamazura
whatever

just finished Part 5, Vento Aureo

this part is kinda similar to part 3 which for me is pretty boring. but of course, this part is better because of all the main cast actually have personality and character. unlike flat and mediocre part 3 main cast minus polnareff (and he is back here). Giorno introduced as interesting character, as well as buccellati, the best character in part 5 with 'strongest' personality. and of course with cool stand power. giving life wow are you jesus?

the plot is alright, joining the mafia and throw away the boss. just the minus point of this part maybe the villain is not memorable AT ALL. just like dio's 'one week friend' in part 3. and diavolo, the final boss itself, is just like dio. he appear in very last arc and have developtment at all. i can say the same with part 3 dio. he is shit. compared to part 1 with ton of developtment, he is definitely best villain ever before yoshikage kira appeared. but in part 3, he is just shit.

and one thing i really dont like in this part, the conclusion and the ending. wtf is that Deus Ex Machina arrow? suddenly they can control "soul" all over the place and become literally god-like. what the hell is that Gold EXP Requiem? i dont get the "turn to zero" ability thing. and ability to make diavolo endless loop, even itachi sharingan ability has more sense. very similar to jotaro's sudden time stop asspull. anti-climatic and boring.

tl;dr its similar to part 3 but better in every aspect
part 4>2>1>5>3
3 part to go...
Old 2014-05-22, 02:24   Link #248
marvelB

Another month, another new chapter! I haven't found the full raw yet (at the time of this post, at least), but there IS a script translation out:

Spoiler for JJL 32:
Old 2014-05-25, 00:28   Link #249
marvelB

And following with a bump since the translation for the above-mentioned chapter is out!

Hmm, looks like Yasuho has a piece of Yotsuyu's mystery fruit. So maybe she'll become a rock human, as well....?
Old 2014-05-25, 06:37   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is getting more and more intriguing. What the hell are these rock humans? What do they want with Josuke? How are they connected to the disease? How is Kira related to all this? So many mysteries...
Old 2014-05-25, 17:29   Link #251
marvelB

I'm still kinda leaning towards the rock people being an alternate version of the Pillar Men. Besides, it would actually be cool to see Araki do an alternate take on Cars, heh.
Old 2014-06-07, 08:29   Link #252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Today is Araki's birthday. Happy birthday!

On this glorious day, we got more info about the Jorge Joestar novel. It's freaking nuts. The author has to have been writing this while on LSD. I believe somebody is translating it, I'm very anxious to read it.
Old 2014-06-10, 03:03   Link #253
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Speaking of, the new version of the end of part 4 is out already.
Old 2014-06-10, 19:20   Link #254
marvelB

Man, I nearly forgot about Araki's birthday. Well, I wish him a happy belated birthday myself, as well! And yes, I'm actually looking forward to the translation of the Jorge Joestar novel, myself. I remember reading a translation a while back of an excerpt where Erina recounts the details of the aftermath of Jonathan's death, and I found it quite interesting, indeed.....

And of course, now that I know that the revised Part 4 translation is done, it's about time I get crackin' on that, as well!
Old 2014-06-20, 10:44   Link #255
marvelB

That special time of the month is here again! I didn't see a full raw yet, but at least a translation of the script is out:

Spoiler for JJL 33:
Old 2014-06-22, 22:15   Link #256
marvelB

Bumping since the tl'ed scans are out....

And I was right! Joubin IS connected to those fruits somehow! I still don't really know what to think about him, though. He seems like a pretty cheerful guy but, otherwise I can't really gauge anything else about him. Gotta see some more interaction between him and Josuke and co. before I can properly judge him, I guess....

Also, that dog MUST be a stand user. He just kinda phased right through a wall like it was nothing. Maybe Iwasuke is gonna be something like the Iggy of part 8?

Oh, and I was rather amused by Josuke's little fantasy about Yasuho!
Old 2014-06-22, 23:09   Link #257
ellifeedn
Thinker

How did Josuke spill his parfait?

EDIT: I was looking through this thread and I was wondering, what ever happened to that live action Jojo movie?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 09:53   Link #258
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jobin does have a cool design. It's indeed hard to gauge him. He seems pretty cheery and friendly, but there's something about him that makes me uneasy. There's his connection to the fruit of course, but I didn't like how he forced his gift on Josuke either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, that dog MUST be a stand user. He just kinda phased right through a wall like it was nothing. Maybe Iwasuke is gonna be something like the Iggy of part 8?
I don't know, but what I can tell you for sure is that he's going to die horribly like all Jojo dogs before him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
How did Josuke spill his parfait?

EDIT: I was looking through this thread and I was wondering, what ever happened to that live action Jojo movie?
I don't get it either. He took a bite and then suddenly spilled everything right out. I guess he was shocked by the taste?

As for the live-action, I haven't heard anything. I had in fact entirely forgotten about it...
Old 2014-07-20, 20:29   Link #259
marvelB

Once again, a script translation has been released before the full scans:

Spoiler for JJL 34:
Old 2014-07-22, 19:12   Link #260
marvelB

Translated scans have been out for a good while now, so.... bump!

Looks like I got something a bit mixed up in my above summary, due to the earlier lack of scans..... I thought Joubin had Josuke's beetle fight the wasp, but it looks like it was his own. But damn, did that match end quickly. Heh, I made a joke earlier about Joubin having a bug stand, but maybe he's meant to be the next D'arby the Gambler instead?

Tags
action, adventure