AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-26, 07:37   Link #1901
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Two factors may be coming into play if this race goes towards Louise: 1. the voters for Saki and Nodoka and 2. the voters for Shana. Toki would be cruising at this point if the voters were really tabbing her to win it all. The fact that Toki is struggling in this contest means that they are possibly opening the door for Saki or Nodoka to progress to the semis and do a counter-troll operative.
Agreed.

Perhaps there's more internal divisions within the Saki faction than what I had thought. Maybe a significant number of Saki faction voters want either Saki or Nodoka to win it all, and hence realize that now's the time to turn on Toki (or, at the very least, cease supporting her and just abstain from voting entirely).

Should Louise prevail in a low-total vote Quarterfinal match, the only other plausible alternative I can see is Saki faction voters simply being asleep at the wheel. But that would make the Saki faction seem much more incompetent than what you'd expect them to be given where we are now with 6 out of 8 quarterfinal spots belonging to Saki girls.

So yeah, I like your thinking, should Louise pull off an upset.
Old 2012-10-26, 07:44   Link #1902
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed.

Perhaps there's more internal divisions within the Saki faction than what I had thought. Maybe a significant number of Saki faction voters want either Saki or Nodoka to win it all, and hence realize that now's the time to turn on Toki (or, at the very least, cease supporting her and just abstain from voting entirely).

Should Louise prevail in a low-total vote Quarterfinal match, the only other plausible alternative I can see is Saki faction voters simply being asleep at the wheel. But that would make the Saki faction seem much more incompetent than what you'd expect them to be given where we are now with 6 out of 8 quarterfinal spots belonging to Saki girls.

So yeah, I like your thinking, should Louise pull off an upset.
On my blog, Louise is a heavy underdog, so this would be the upset of the round.
Old 2012-10-26, 08:00   Link #1903
RJ TAYLER

Upset of the round or round of upsets, (could it be?), let's wait and see.

100up for 2012
Old 2012-10-26, 08:51   Link #1904
AP24

Match is almost over soon and Louise is actually leading by about 50 votes. If Toki ends up winning, then that means there are a lot of fake votes for Louise. But if Louise wins, then she would make to the semi-finals for the first time.
Old 2012-10-26, 08:56   Link #1905
RJ TAYLER

Well let's get the ladies up onto the stage to find out who's won then. Miss Riku Harada Could you be so kind and make the announcement.

A piece of your finest Mr Fleetwood.....

The first contestant into the semi-finals is.....
Old 2012-10-26, 08:57   Link #1906
stormtrooper

Let's see who wins this.
Old 2012-10-26, 09:05   Link #1907
Hachiko
The Akita

Toki wins it!
Old 2012-10-26, 09:07   Link #1908
JW1

The same story as for the Akarin match, except that Toki's total is rather low. Are Saki fans getting complacent or have they switched their allegiance?
Old 2012-10-26, 09:07   Link #1909
Archaeon

1st 403 Toki Onjouji @ Saki
2nd 252 Louise De La Valliere @ Zero's Familiar
Old 2012-10-26, 09:08   Link #1910
stormtrooper

Round 2 Picks (17-15), Predictions (25-7)
Round 3 Picks (11-5), Predictions (11-5)
Round 4 Picks (5-3), Predictions (6-2)
Playoffs Picks (1-0), Predictions (1-0)

Looks like it. Prepare for the next match.

Saki: 6
Non-Saki: 1

YES! YES! YES!
Old 2012-10-26, 09:08   Link #1911
ion475
にこにこにー

Reverse fake FTW

1位 403票 園城寺怜@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A
2位 252票 ルイズ・フランソワーズ・ル・ブラン・ド・ラ・ヴァリエール@ゼロの使い魔F

Too bad, I want to see another Louise trolling but that's not meant to be.

For upcoming round, picking & predicting Nodocchi, especially since it doesn't matter who win anymore...
Old 2012-10-26, 09:14   Link #1912
RJ TAYLER

One finalist is from Saki: GUARANTEED as a result from this. Player Two now has one shot left in the locker.
Old 2012-10-26, 09:17   Link #1913
Team Rocket Elite

And then there was one. As most probably expected, Toki didn't have any problems at all beating Louise. This is the 21st straight win for Saki and guarantees a minimum win streak of 23 so the Madoka win streak has fallen. It also guarantees a spot in the finals for the Saki fanbase and a minimum of 3 characters in the semifinals.

The Saki fanbase has to choose one of their characters to advance. Only Nodoka or Saki can continue on. While Saki did manage to get by Koromo, Nodoka should be the strongest of the original characters. Nodoka has also shown that she still has a very high status in the Saki fanbase by taking down Ako. Nodoka should advance to the semifinals once again.

Vote:
Miyanaga Saki

Prediction:
Haramura Nodoka
Old 2012-10-26, 09:17   Link #1914
AP24

Thanks to the fake votes, I actually thought Louise had a chance of winning. It seems that some people wanted Louise to win so badly that there were many fake votes. Toki winning was actually very expected, but it is kinda sad that Louise lost since this was her final year. But reaching the top 8 in her final year was still a great achievement.

Next is a battle between best friends. Statistically Saki and Nodoka are quite evenly matched so it is difficult to predict who will win.
Old 2012-10-26, 09:17   Link #1915
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
And with Louise eliminated from J-SaiMoe 2012, I'm now guaranteed of at least liking the winner of J-SaiMoe 2012, as Shana is an all-time favorite of mine and I like all of the remaining Saki girls to at least some degree.

For today, I like Saki and Nodoka about equally. Perhaps ironically, part of the reason I like Saki is her rather "plain" character design. I like the idea of a female character that's just "naturally moe" and who doesn't need stand-out sex appeal to be kind of cute. I also like Saki's personality, again for much the same reason as some dislike her I suspect (i.e. I like the understated subtleties of Saki's character).

Nodoka, in sharp contrast to her yuri partner, has a character design that is indeed rather stand-out. I mean, you have the long pink hair, the twin-tails, and of course, her Twin Towers of Mahjong Power! I admit I'd find it kind of funny for J-SaiMoe to have two "well-endowed" winners in a row.

On the whole, I don't have a strong preference in who wins Saki vs. Nodoka, but I am interested in seeing how it plays out.
Old 2012-10-26, 09:18   Link #1916
Hachiko
The Akita

Our Sho Taniguchi is there on the scene at Senriyama Girls' High School deep in the heart of Osaka City. Sho, what can you tell us down there?

Sho: Hachi, it is absolute bedlam here at Senriyama, there is toilet paper all over the trees here, we've seen some streakers, a large crowd holding large mahjong tiles and points sticks is singing the campaign song "Futuristic Player," it is just absolutely crazy. Madness here in Osaka. Normally, this place is quiet this late in the evening, but they know that Toki Onjouji, who is on the headmaster's list for high-achieving students and is considered the "Angel of Senriyama," is now two victories away from becoming the 2013 Saimoe Prime Minister of Japan. It is a great night to be in the Kansai, but they know the job is far from done. That's the scoop here from Osaka, back to you, Hachi...

Thank you, Sho Tanigawa, reporting live from Osaka City and Senriyama where the students will have some difficulty sleeping tonight. Up next is the second quarterfinal between Saki Miyanaga and Nodoka Haramura. This is the Battle for Hope and Yuri, and it's coming up in less than two hours. Stick with us. This is the 2012 Anime Saimoe Tournament, here on 2Channel World...

Spoiler for QF 1 Result:
Old 2012-10-26, 09:29   Link #1917
Wanderer
Goat

Disappointment. Well, at least the fakes made it interesting.

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)
Round 3: Picks (7-9), Predictions (13-3)
Round 4: Picks (4-4), Predictions (6-2)
Q Finals: Picks (0-1), Predictions (1-0)

Nodoka
Saki

Not a fan of either girl. I'm picking Nodoka solely for 1 reas... er... 2 reasons only.
Old 2012-10-26, 09:36   Link #1918
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Prediction- Nodoka
Old 2012-10-26, 09:47   Link #1919
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Guessing...
Nodocchi (with help from her two friends)
Old 2012-10-26, 09:56   Link #1920
Archaeon

Thanks to the fake votes, I almost had heart attack thinking Toki is going to lose.
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament