AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-21, 02:48   Link #161
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

I seems that my question was completely ignored...
Oh well...
@F/Z x Accel World cross:
Yellow Radio => Ryuunosuke Uryuu?! Oh shi-
Old 2012-08-21, 05:47   Link #162
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Okay I OFFICIALLY hate Yellow Radio 3 times more now.

Even though I'm already hating on him having cast him as the sneaky bastard puppeteer in the background.
Old 2012-08-21, 06:42   Link #163
churchblue
Banned

I hate Yellow Radio too. He should get his butt kicked hard.
Old 2012-08-21, 08:06   Link #164
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Radio isn't that bad of a guy, to be honest. He seems more like one of those people who hides his affection behind sarcasm and venomous words. Okay, perhaps that wasn't exactly the best way to phrase it, but hopefully my point gets across in some weird way.

And even if he doesn't deserve your love, he sure damn well deserves your respect for thinking of the loophole in the treaty.
Old 2012-08-21, 08:10   Link #165
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
My main problem with Chrome Panzer is that he has too many tank forms. How about combining them all into one Bolo-type design?
Are you SERIOUS?

Even I think a Bolo-type design is overpowered, esp. with some of the bigger ones.

Spoiler for YOU DON'T WANT THESE MOVING IN THE ACCELERATED WORLD, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S ACTUALLY A BURST LINKER... It would make Scarlet Rain impotent.:

Maybe as an <<Enemy>> it's okay... but a linker? NOPE

and on with a LOL Thought:

Spoiler for Fate/Accel Brain Burst Expansion Pack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
Radio isn't that bad of a guy, to be honest. He seems more like one of those people who hides his affection behind sarcasm and venomous words. Okay, perhaps that wasn't exactly the best way to phrase it, but hopefully my point gets across in some weird way.

And even if he doesn't deserve your love, he sure damn well deserves your respect for thinking of the loophole in the treaty.
I was casting him in a different kind of light at times when thinking of ideas.

*disconnects*
Old 2012-08-21, 10:13   Link #166
churchblue
Banned

Fix and Ghost are really good characters created, even though they are by-standers. The reason I created them is of a theory if there another way into Accel World than the normal method and what if the Accel World existed before all of this mess. Ghost is an avatar, but not an ordinary one since he is AI. I kept him as a mystery cause it makes people guess a lot. His method of accelerating is completely on a different scale than the burst linkers and is still unknown. Fix has a profile, but is still in the dark from everyone. I wanted to create a person that is connect to the creator and lost trusting people with his ideas. The algorithm he created to "crossover" would make thing interesting. I guess when creating character, you got to give it some thought of what kind of character interests you and start from there. My method is just to write whatever come to mind and have others give opinions to improve it without damaging the concept of the character.

My first character, Diamond Angel, was a total loss (even after other opinions) because my lack of understanding of the LNs. Shadow Tesla could of needed some improves, but I failed to fix it. Carbon Arrow was my only logical character I created and am still work with revises. Like I said before, I like spoiled rich kid turned awesome vigilante types. In the beginning, he couldn't face reality because he was afraid of society deep inside. He finds Brain Burst is a much better and exciting life. However after the incident and travels, he starts to understand reality makes the best of it. Back then he play a lot, but now he hardly ever does and is ever challenged (because he's not on the list for some unknown reason). Carbon Arrow or Taiyou is a year older than KYH (same age as her sister), but fakes his profile to be the same age as KYH so that he can spy on her. He knows who White Cosmos is and her capabilities (she doesn't know about him though), but he wants to know the organization WC work for: ARG. He believe they should be punished and uninstalled for such atrocity and manipulation. ARG is also connect to why his father's company fell. Anyway, I'm still revising him because people complained that he's "too powerful" which I doubt. Anyway, I don't mean to be this annoying (I'm mean this is a fanfic thread). I'm still open to suggestions to be CA an okay character, but not destroy the concept.
Old 2012-08-21, 10:13   Link #167
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

I've had this idea for a while. Not really a fan fic idea (so I'm not sure this is the right thread), but rather: Come up Duel Avatars for characters from other anime, video game etc.

For instance, the girls for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. In general, they all look like sort of "mechafied" versions of a their real selves, with similar weapons.

Akemi Homura: Gunmetal Arsenal:
Her abilities are much like Homu's "real life" powers, pulling military equipment from her shield, but as she levels up, she can get access to heavier and heavier weapons, starting with small arms, but eventually she will reach the point where she will have access to tanks, jets, artillery, cruise missiles etc. Eventually having enough firepower at level nine to strike fear into the heart of Scarlet Rain herself. A bit plothax i know, but Homuhomu is plothax by nature, thus she also has a more limited time manipulation power.

I haven't really though much about the powers of the others but here goes:

Mami Tomoe: Golden Musketeer

Sayaka Miki: Azure Knight

Kyouko Sakura: Crimson Lance (spot the Borderlands reference)

Madoka Kaname: Rose Goddess

Not as plothax as her MadoKami form, obviously, this is actually the avatar of a non-goddess Madoka. However, she is still somewhat plothax as she is both the second flight capable avatar (third counting Homura's jets), and has a powerful bow attack.
Old 2012-08-21, 10:51   Link #168
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
I've had this idea for a while. Not really a fan fic idea (so I'm not sure this is the right thread), but rather: Come up Duel Avatars for characters from other anime, video game etc.

For instance, the girls for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. In general, they all look like sort of "mechafied" versions of a their real selves, with similar weapons.

Akemi Homura: Gunmetal Arsenal:
Her abilities are much like Homu's "real life" powers, pulling military equipment from her shield, but as she levels up, she can get access to heavier and heavier weapons, starting with small arms, but eventually she will reach the point where she will have access to tanks, jets, artillery, cruise missiles etc. Eventually having enough firepower at level nine to strike fear into the heart of Scarlet Rain herself. A bit plothax i know, but Homuhomu is plothax by nature, thus she also has a more limited time manipulation power.

I haven't really though much about the powers of the others but here goes:

Mami Tomoe: Golden Musketeer

Sayaka Miki: Azure Knight

Kyouko Sakura: Crimson Lance (spot the Borderlands reference)

Madoka Kaname: Rose Goddess

Not as plothax as her MadoKami form, obviously, this is actually the avatar of a non-goddess Madoka. However, she is still somewhat plothax as she is both the second flight capable avatar (third counting Homura's jets), and has a powerful bow attack.
No way, Scarlet Rain is a fortress and unless Homura can pull off a Gate of Babylon the size of the whole map (VERY OP), I doubt it

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:33   Link #169
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
No way, Scarlet Rain is a fortress and unless Homura can pull off a Gate of Babylon the size of the whole map (VERY OP), I doubt it
I wouldn't be so sure about that....

As per OP, I wasn't planning to actually use Homu in a fic, this is just a bit of fun.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:48   Link #170
Lycodrake

...I'd still like to know who it was that thought up "give Homura tanks and planes"...
She can't pilot them herself, and the only vehicle we see her "driving" is the one fuel-filled truck. Over-powering her much?
Old 2012-08-21, 12:58   Link #171
churchblue
Banned

I thought up some quotes that Carbon Arrow and his real self would say:

(introduce to himself) - "My name is Takesuichi Taiyou..That all you need to know."

"Don't be fool by my name. I don't always like stand in the sun."

"Never judge a book by its cover, boy (girl)"

"The term "burst linker" is just to make one feel special, even they are not."

"You call yourselves Kings, yet I don't see you as "kings"."

"The meaning of a king is a person that are acknowledge by others, not one that acknowledges himself as one."

"You accept this as your reality unless you accept your own."

"Don't take this the wrong way Black Lotus, I doing this because it serves a common interest."

"Even Robin Hood had morals....a lot of them."

"You better make sure that my arrow doesn't you by mistake."

"Justice and revenge are two entirely different things"

"You're good in the Accel World, let how you're in real life!"

"Red Rider was the REAL king, one who strive for peace. Yet after his "death" you discarded his words and feelings."

"I hardly ever miss, unless its on purpose."

"My arrows are mention to save life, not destroy it.

That's all I come up with for now.

Last edited by churchblue; 2012-08-22 at 10:13.
Old 2012-08-21, 13:32   Link #172
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
...I'd still like to know who it was that thought up "give Homura tanks and planes"...
She can't pilot them herself, and the only vehicle we see her "driving" is the one fuel-filled truck. Over-powering her much?
She doesn't have HIGH of a Riding skill. Hey Lyco, maybe we can drag Fraggle to come up with a snippet of Fate/Accel/Madoka. xD

Old 2012-08-21, 14:06   Link #173
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
She doesn't have HIGH of a Riding skill.
Wasn't talking about that, though...
Old 2012-08-21, 18:29   Link #174
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
Wasn't talking about that, though...
She supposedly spent the entire time figuring out how to fly each craft. In fact, what seems like 1 person flying an army, or a bazooka firing on its own, its actually Homura time-hopping between each weapon and craft, doing 1 action, and jumping again. This gives the illusion of piloting an army.

In a sense, Crow can fly, but Homu, Homu is so fast Accel World time practically stands still.

Or in Inception sense, her special ability is dropping down to Level 2.

Imagine that, a special gauge ability that allows an avatar to further accelerate such that AW becomes just another reality. And a Level 5 of Physical Burst. And a level 9 of Physical Full Burst...
Old 2012-08-22, 10:14   Link #175
churchblue
Banned

What is SC's top speed flying?
Old 2012-08-23, 03:41   Link #176
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Imagine that, a special gauge ability that allows an avatar to further accelerate such that AW becomes just another reality. And a Level 5 of Physical Burst. And a level 9 of Physical Full Burst...
The player's brain is already going at 1000x normal speed, if you go any further...Wouldn't that fry their brain? >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
What is SC's top speed flying?
I think it was mentioned in the novel somewhere, but can't find it.
Old 2012-08-23, 04:47   Link #177
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The player's brain is already going at 1000x normal speed, if you go any further...Wouldn't that fry their brain? >_>
It's just HomuHomu's special gauge ability. And there's the theory put forward by Inception.
Old 2012-08-24, 15:58   Link #178
churchblue
Banned

Earlier I mentioned about Takesuichi Taiyou's (AKA CA) artifical eye. It give him sight and can hack electronic device (usually Neuro Linkers). Since it's an eye, it has a zoom len capability. He wear a eyepatch over it so that no would know about it (to everyone, he lost his eye and he is uncomfortable removing it in public). I don't know what other features I should the eye without going overboard (he has a Neuro Linker after all). He created this eye to help and protect him, so I don't anything else I could add.
Old 2012-08-24, 17:51   Link #179
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
Earlier I mentioned about Takesuichi Taiyou's (AKA CA) artifical eye. It give him sight and can hack electronic device (usually Neuro Linkers). Since it's an eye, it has a zoom len capability. He wear a eyepatch over it so that no would know about it (to everyone, he lost his eye and he is uncomfortable removing it in public). I don't know what other features I should the eye without going overboard (he has a Neuro Linker after all). He created this eye to help and protect him, so I don't anything else I could add.
Well, to get some character development, I can suggest having his electronic eye being counterhacked by another Burst Linker like Noumi, and thus, is forced to use alternative methods for awhile.

Old 2012-08-24, 21:07   Link #180
churchblue
Banned

His Neuro Linker is modified so there small percentage someone breaking in. This is the reason why he isn't on the burst linker rooster and can't be challenge by other burst linker (except by direct link). However, he can still challenge other burst linkers (one-way). The eye can be counterhacked, but it is extreme hard and takes time. It also has warning program if the eye is being hack (choice break connection or continue til compromised).

Carbon Arrow/Taiyou doesn't like getting drop on, even he know it will happen. The guy still "distances" himself from everybody, even though he suppose to do the opposite. He is really good in archery (duh). Fuuko/ Sky Raker is the only person that has gotten close to him. He still tries to socialize (less effort). Like I said before, he has a vendetta against ARG and want to burn it to the ground. He still has a moral code thou.
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, fanfiction