AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-29, 19:12   Link #241
Random14

Well, things just got darker suddenly. Nice to see Yurika serious, and that Kotarou at least recognized just how serious she was, though he was sidetracked by a lot of other stuff. And heh, Ruth's berserk button is still hilarious to see.

Though was never quite sure why Yurika didn't just show off some magic (summoning her staff or those magic circles, but probably either missed something in a previous episode or the novels covered it, or it could be a running joke, since even in the first episode nobody noticed magic circles). And funny, they changed the opening slightly, removing Makkenji (not like a buddy matters much in a harem anime) with Ruth.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 19:20   Link #242
cloud04
Scanlator

^its a common mahou shoujo rule...never use your magic in public/dont get your identity be known
Old 2014-08-29, 20:25   Link #243
HandofFate

dang, what a cliffhanger for episode 8.
I liked the magical girl system in this system with Yurika, with how it clearly has words clarifying range/speed. I assume quicker cast option makes it faster, but weaker. ect.

With the bad magical girl having memory as her thing, I think unfortuntely, after this Yurika will be saved, but Kotarou and maybe even the ghost will have their memories erased in exchange, and Yurika will have to go back to no one believing her again to keep the status quo in the show.
Old 2014-08-29, 21:01   Link #244
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its Yurika turn but nooooooo
Old 2014-08-29, 21:28   Link #245
garbage

^ yes that seems to be where this is going to keep the status quo

Actually i'm kinda interested more on the backstory which I suppose would come next episode. wonder who and what happened to Magical Girl Nana, who saved Yurika 8 months ago(?) and probably made Yurika the successor or such (of what I dunno ^^ ).

weird though how chummy chummy Yurika is with marika when she fist saw her is that how you great you enemies, more like an osananajimi . I'm thinking maybe Yurika was a part of
marika's Darkness Rainbow organization. with her name being Magicla Girl RAINBOW Yurika. But then had that fateful encounter with Nana 8 months ago which changed her outlook and made her the successor (oooorrr maybe not since I remember Nana is also Rainbow Nana >.<). Still strange how maki and yurika seems to have known each other since their early years, even calling maki ..-chanThis all speculations of course, anyway will find out next week.

The MC(or their reincarnation, if thats the case) in their world seems to be a Male mage.

also it seems they are quite long lived (" this argument should have ended centuries ago.....")
Old 2014-08-29, 21:36   Link #246
HandofFate

I think Yurika was overly glad @ seeing her enemy at first because she thought it was her chance to prove to the group that she was really a magical girl somehow, but that went out the window.

Then she tried to warn them that she was dangerous, but they of course didn't listen to her which lead to this whole thing.
Old 2014-08-29, 21:49   Link #247
ReddyRedWolf

Heh~ Maki thinks Kotarou is mage. But when comes to it he is strange. From indications he is or was the Blue Knight to being the one Kiriha met as a child. Also Harumi seemingly the reincarnation of the princess.

If Maki went ahead in episode 1 I'm sure she'd be restricted as well by the young scary land lady who is deceptively normal herself.

Wonder what she'd make of Kiriha and theia being invaders from beneath and above.

On that note I noticed technology among those two is at a level where it is indistinguishable from magic yet it is not magic.

Theia and Clan's tech mimic magic while Kiriha's tech has indications of additional spiritual element if we take her two minions statement they have souls are true.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 22:31   Link #248
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NSFW
Can ghosts really bathe??
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My booby ponytail underground exorcist waifu
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 22:36   Link #249
cloud04
Scanlator

^i dont see sanae, infact aint that ruth
Old 2014-08-29, 22:38   Link #250
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
^i dont see sanae, infact aint that ruth
oh... lol okay I really need to catch up
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 22:58   Link #251
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Nuuuuuuu, Yurikaaaaaaaa!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 02:41   Link #252
tsunade666

well that was an unexpected ending. Its a good and serious episode but seriously. its about time they acknowledge Yurika. In all the previews problem. She always one way or another save the day.
Old 2014-08-30, 03:01   Link #253
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
NOOOOO, why does Yurika have to be petrified just when she's telling the damn truth!?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 08:51   Link #254
n120cky

With Yurika attitude (she will sacriface herself for other), I got the feeling it will come to this, I just hope they bring her back, luckily this is not Kanon, because Yurika remind me of the fox girl(forget her name). To keep her secret identity We already got a hint (Clan)
Old 2014-08-30, 09:27   Link #255
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 8

It is about time Satomi got shown up on how he was behaving like an insensitive jerk (again). Man for some reason the way they show his character when at it's more unimpressive aspects it is really able to push my buttons - previously with Sanae and in an ongoing manner with Yurika. At least in the previous ep some of that had gone away and he at least befriended her and began to treat her somewhat like a normal person.

Kudos for immediately being accountable and fessing up when he realized (and accepted) that Yurika was in fact a full blown mahou shoujo, though - he behaved similarly when he finally was able to see why his actions had been hurtful to Sanae a couple eps back on both the good and bad fronts.

Still, the end result of Yurika getting clobbered by some pretty high power offensive style magic was unfortunate. In any event this episode had a rival mage show up, challenge Yurika and essentially win by the end of the ep - let's hear it for cliffhangers. :\

Interesting little snippet of Satomi passing through the magical barrier, though, and then being able to drag Sanae through it as well - I assume the condition that allowed this to happen was that he was holding on to her?
Old 2014-08-30, 15:32   Link #256
OhHaiThar

@ Flower HUGE WARNING. ON THIS SPOILER, but the anime will never get this far(for sure) so feel free if you're curious.

Last edited by Flower; 2014-08-30 at 16:14. Reason: Thanks for using the spoiler tags, but....
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 15:37   Link #257
cloud04
Scanlator

unless s2 appears yap not gonna happen...but probably the best part \o/
Old 2014-08-30, 16:16   Link #258
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiThar View Post
@ Flower HUGE WARNING. ON THIS SPOILER, but the anime will never get this far(for sure) so feel free if you're curious.
Thanks for trying to be careful with the spoilers - I do appreciate it, however the policy in the anime threads proper is that no spoilers are permitted regarding future material not actually shown in the anime proper, even under spoiler tags.

Such a practice would be okay in the novel threads, though.

So far now I simply edited the content out.
Old 2014-08-30, 16:19   Link #259
OhHaiThar

dw about it. This episode seriously hit my feels though Q_Q

Seriously this episode coupled with the new ep of alnoah zero just makes me so mad at everything I JUST WANNA RAGE.

Last edited by Flower; 2014-08-30 at 17:43. Reason: Please do not double post.... Use the edit button instead. :)
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 21:58   Link #260
FateAnomaly

Yurika is my favourite of the cast. I hope she can pull through.

Interesting though the magic system may be I can't help but feel that saying "quick cast" is already slowing down the incantation.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote