Old 2014-09-06, 03:23   Link #281
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Yurika finely gets some respect and she really know how to use her magic

Never tick off Shizuka
Agreed to that, but too bad for Yurika as their memories were wiped out thanks to Mari.

Still, it's gonna be bad if she returns with a vengeance. After all, she has some bits of magic taken from Room 106.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 04:26   Link #282
CrazyPerson

When Maki launches the big spear downwards and the cosplayer Yurika blocks it @14.04, what can you guys hear?

Spoiler for Answer:
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 06:10   Link #283
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
When Maki launches the big spear downwards and the cosplayer Yurika blocks it @14.04, what can you guys hear?

Spoiler for Answer:
wow, nice catch!
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 06:25   Link #284
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

while being buffed Yurika, Koutaro kicks resembles Kamen Rider's black finishing move

Heck both share the same name too
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 10:02   Link #285
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Yurika's arc was magnificent. Her background story is surprisingly well thought out for somebody that's considered as the comic relief.

the silver princess is obviously harumi, and the original blue knight is also kotarou, how they became "normal" high school students though is still an unsolved question.

I also cannot dismiss a couple of flaws I saw during this arc:

1. Up until this episode sakuraba harumi was not aware of room 106, magic, aliens and earth people, among other things. How can she readily accept what she was seeing when maki kidnapped her, and then suddenly yurika, who she thought was just a ditzy normal transfer student from school, suddenly shoot out fireballs from her staff? If she ever had a reaction to what she was seeing, it was never shown, heck it was even shown that she was helping yurika after being shot by a fireball as if it was a normal teenage brawl!

2. Kotarou may or may not remember his dream after he fell in that hole back in ep01, but seriously, the series has established again and again why he treats harumi with such care (because she's a delicate flower and all that), and his only reaction after seeing his sickly classmate get white hair and summon a sword in front of him was "eeh whatever, it's better if you don't remember", what the?!

apart from that though, everything was perfect

Edit: I would also like to point out that maki probably has black panties
If the Blue Knight serves the Silver Princess, then that explains Koutaro's and Harumi's closeness... after all, both are from Fortorthe

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 13:12   Link #286
whitecloud

I just noticed that the magic is fortossian,while tulip is from fortorthe so basically maki and tulip are from the same planet? Even maki say kotaro sword is An ancient fortossian magic, while tulip's cousin recognize it as knight power...
Old 2014-09-06, 14:00   Link #287
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I just noticed that the magic is fortossian,while tulip is from fortorthe so basically maki and tulip are from the same planet? Even maki say kotaro sword is An ancient fortossian magic, while tulip's cousin recognize it as knight power...
Correction it is Forssarian magic. Theia is a Fortorthe princess. They are from different worlds but there is clue that both civilizations was one and branched out. Seems to be a magic and technology split. Forssarians use pure magic. Forthorrteians uses technology so advanced it resembles magic.

The underground dwellers is another link bridging the two. Room 106 long before house Corona was a shrine of theirs and they have a combination of magic and technology. The dolls though machines possess souls.

The power within Room 106 is the power of the Blue Knight who is Koutarou in the modern era. The blue sword is also a representation of his power.

If Koutarou and Harumi are reincarnations of the blue knight and silver princess then it wouldn't surprise me if all the girls living in room 106 are reincarnations of their party. Though that girl in Koutarou's dream seems to be involved as well.

Still the land lady is big damn mystery! What the hell is she?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 20:52   Link #288
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Correction it is Forssarian magic. Theia is a Fortorthe princess. They are from different worlds but there is clue that both civilizations was one and branched out. Seems to be a magic and technology split. Forssarians use pure magic. Forthorrteians uses technology so advanced it resembles magic.

The underground dwellers is another link bridging the two. Room 106 long before house Corona was a shrine of theirs and they have a combination of magic and technology. The dolls though machines possess souls.

The power within Room 106 is the power of the Blue Knight who is Koutarou in the modern era. The blue sword is also a representation of his power.

If Koutarou and Harumi are reincarnations of the blue knight and silver princess then it wouldn't surprise me if all the girls living in room 106 are reincarnations of their party. Though that girl in Koutarou's dream seems to be involved as well.

Still the land lady is big damn mystery! What the hell is she?
You know I realized something during Maki's scene, so the more thrilling question is imho:
Why was Sakuraba the evil witch leader(the one in purple) ?

Tbh I had to look a feww times to confirm that they have the same face and the same ahoge >>

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 22:29   Link #289
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Yurika was absolutely lovely.

Even the animators agreed. The world positively sparkled during the train scene. So many colors, so much filters, it was like something out of 5 Centimeters Per Second.

This anime continued to surprise me. I had a good first impression and was prepared to like it a lot, just for the comedy and cute girls alone. I expected some plot along the way. I didn't expect exciting, well done fight scenes, romantic walks (with two girls, lucky bastard), and criminally adorable cosplayers.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 00:05   Link #290
cloud04
Scanlator

shizuka we wont cover unless we get a s2
Old 2014-09-07, 09:22   Link #291
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You know I realized something during Maki's scene, so the more thrilling question is imho:

Tbh I had to look a feww times to confirm that they have the same face and the same ahoge >>
This also what I see, even I don't believe my eyes at first.

Nice arc from Yurika, it a heart warming story with that Yurika attitude...

All Magic girl has am Ahoge...., could it be they part of main story....
Old 2014-09-07, 09:40   Link #292
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:

That wasn't Sakuraba. She had a different name (and different VA) in the cast list as "Dark Purple".
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 19:02   Link #293
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
That wasn't Sakuraba. She had a different name (and different VA) in the cast list as "Dark Purple".
Looks like a case of evil twin then because they look exactly the same.
Them not having the same VA doesn't mean its not her btw

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-09-08, 00:00   Link #294
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

^The reverse is also true though, looking alike doesn't necessary mean they are the same person, especially since this is anime where everybody look alike due to character art.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 03:55   Link #295
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
^The reverse is also true though, looking alike doesn't necessary mean they are the same person, especially since this is anime where everybody look alike due to character art.
The two of them don't look similar though but 1:1.

Old 2014-09-08, 07:34   Link #296
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
The two of them don't look similar though but 1:1.
Just because she looks like her, doesn't mean it is her.

Maybe she has a twin sister she either doesn't know or forgot about. Or maybe she's actually one person split in two, similar to
Spoiler:

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2014-09-08 at 12:00.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 09:50   Link #297
agrypnie

Sakuraba and the witch leader's hair styles are indeed really similar, including the ahoge, there is just a difference with the bangs.
The witch's bangs are more centered like a V, similar to Yurika's hair, while Sakuraba's bangs are kinda split, more like a /\.
But I do think that there is a connection between them, they're just too similar.
... or it's Sakuraba going incognito, different bangs = totally different person.
agrypnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 11:13   Link #298
GDB

If they were the same person, don't you think Maki would've realized it? At least to the extent that we, the viewers, see it?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 14:34   Link #299
Death Usagi
Banned

Good episode.

The end was hilarious because the girls were like "Take care~"

"MUST FOLLOW TO MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T DO SOMETHING INDECENT"

I laughed when Yurika said Kotaro should play with Harumi AND Yurika XD;; she wants a threesome?!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 15:47   Link #300
tsunade666

Nice episode. This time its Kirika's arc.