AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-17, 16:00   Link #11321
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
By the way...

...>___> What is that supposed to mean...? Did those maniacs who created you give you several clitorises or something...? Well, that might explain SOME things, but...

Okay, I better drop it before I imagine Worst as a dickgirl- GOD FUCKING DAMMIT NO! BEGONE VILE THOUGHTS! GUWAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
You forgot the nipples.
Old 2011-06-17, 16:14   Link #11322
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You forgot the nipples.
...Yeah, shame on me. I'm really sleepy after those last-min exams. Plus, y'know, Crack King and stuff...

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-17, 17:21   Link #11323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post

Well played Accelerator, it's good that Kamachi didn't resort to the typical torture-Interrogation technique seen on TV. The truth is torture only gets you the quickly lie to make the pain stop. There’s a saying in interrogation, “Violence perceived is violence achieved.” You don’t want someone screaming. You want him asking question, asking, “What is he doing with that knife?” Asking, “If he’ll do that to himself, what will he do to me?” Mostly you want him asking, “How do I make this stop?”

Quote:
No... :-O
No way O_O
Not the... :S
Not the...
Spoiler:

That woman sure is ruthless!
Academy City Permanent Marker - It only lasts forever.
Old 2011-06-17, 18:50   Link #11324
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
...>___> What is that supposed to mean...? Did those maniacs who created you give you several clitorises or something...? Well, that might explain SOME things, but...

Okay, I better drop it before I imagine Worst as a dickgirl- GOD FUCKING DAMMIT NO! BEGONE VILE THOUGHTS! GUWAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
Yes, she IS a trap.

Quote:
I think she was talking about Nipples ^_^;
Or a new series of trap-Sisters?

Lame tormenting aside, do you see now guys how cool Accelerator can be after being lectured by Touma?
Old 2011-06-17, 18:55   Link #11325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Lame tormenting aside, do you see now guys how cool Accelerator can be after being lectured by Touma?
Lame tormenting? You mean he stopped angsting and randomly insult people as well as pulling his gun on them ?

Compared to when Accelerator was in GROUP, this one seems more... Calm.
Old 2011-06-17, 19:20   Link #11326
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lame tormenting?
No, by "lame tormenting" I was talking about "Worst is a dick-girl theory", not about Accelerator .
Old 2011-06-17, 19:39   Link #11327
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
If anything, this is what makes the character of Kamijou Touma tolerable for me.

His preaching - sometimes just flat out boring, sometimes totally badass - causes the flawed characters in this series (ex: Hamazura and Accelerator) to change for the better.

WARNING! RANT!

If Touma himself wasn't a seemingly perfect nice-guy-with-no-flaws, I would like him as a character. I don't dislike him as a person, he just so fucking BORING personality-wise compared to Hamazura and Accelerator.
As much as I think about it, he has no real and ever-present character flaw that I can point to...and that's not because I'm not trying to find a flaw in him.
He's such a strange character in the fact that if I personally found a flaw in him, I would like him better

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-17, 19:46   Link #11328
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
If anything, this is what makes the character of Kamijou Touma tolerable for me.

His preaching - sometimes just flat out boring, sometimes totally badass - causes the flawed characters in this series (ex: Hamazura and Accelerator) to change for the better.

WARNING! RANT!

If Touma himself wasn't a seemingly perfect nice-guy-with-no-flaws, I would like him as a character. I don't dislike him as a person, he just so fucking BORING personality-wise compared to Hamazura and Accelerator.
As much as I think about it, he has no real and ever-present character flaw that I can point to...and that's not because I'm not trying to find a flaw in him.
He's such a strange character in the fact that if I personally found a flaw in him, I would like him better
Ironically he has the power of Fu-kodah.

Well Kamachi says he is a static character.
Old 2011-06-17, 19:49   Link #11329
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
WARNING! RANT!

His flaw is that he is as uninterested in girls as someone emasculated.

Damnit Touma, go knock up Accelerator or something, if you aren't going after Mikoto!!
Old 2011-06-17, 19:59   Link #11330
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:

Damnit Touma, go knock up Accelerator or something, if you aren't going after Mikoto!!
Mikoto would die if those two went at it. Especially with Accelerator in the picture. She would do a 180 regarding Kuroko and turn full-gay if that happened to her

Still, I support this for epic lulz.

Old 2011-06-17, 20:02   Link #11331
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

>Implying its not Itsuwa

Spoiler for Silly girl:
Old 2011-06-17, 20:04   Link #11332
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Well, Shiina might be a Yandere for Touya (depends how you interpret her "special" look), so Itsuwa isn't out of the question.

Old 2011-06-17, 20:42   Link #11333
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
WARNING! RANT!

You mean he's not lazy and irresponsible with his school work? Or that he's a troubled student that gets into fight in the back alleys?

He's not a perfect character, he has deviant streaks.
Old 2011-06-17, 20:47   Link #11334
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
WARNING! RANT!

Quote:
You mean he's not lazy and irresponsible with his school work? Or that he's a troubled student that gets into fight in the back alleys?
He's not a perfect character you know, he has deviant streaks.

Nope, his flaw is that he has not a goal for his life, others have, unlike Hamazura who has implied he wants to have a decent job and make a family, Touma is just too much of a static character, he can be sometimes cool or sometimes badass but boring at the same time.
But given the events who makes a plot relating his powers, past and Index being unsafe with Necessarius' plottings it would be very dissapointing AND annoying if he pretends to get back to be "normal" in NT series, like it happened after vol. 14 after hearing things from Terra (the fact Touma never reflexed about his powers and past annoyed me a lot to the core).
Old 2011-06-17, 20:53   Link #11335
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nope, his flaw is that he has not a goal for his life, others have, unlike Hamazura who has implied he wants to have a decent job and make a family, Touma is just too much of a static character, he can be sometimes cool or sometimes badass but boring at the same time.
But given the events who makes a plot relating his powers, past and Index being unsafe with Necessarius' plottings it would be very dissapointing AND annoying if he pretends to get back to be "normal" in NT series, like it happened after vol. 14 after hearing things from Terra (the fact Touma never reflexed about his powers and past annoyed me a lot to the core).

Touma's the type that wouldn't feel bothered by something if there's nothing he can do about it; if organizations like Necessarius couldn't figure out what his power is- is there any point he should get all hot and bothered about it, running around in circles without finding anything.
Old 2011-06-17, 20:57   Link #11336
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Touma's the type that wouldn't feel bothered by something if there's nothing he can do about it; if organizations like Necessarius couldn't figure out what his power is- is there any point he should get all hot and bothered about it, running around in circles without finding anything.
At least he can show some worries instead acting like nothing had happened. And, I'm not talking about Necesarius figuring out his power but himself doing so.
Old 2011-06-17, 20:57   Link #11337
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
This reminds me of the time when Touma's class had to hand in a sheet on what they want to do in the future, Touma written "Anything is fine, as long as I become lucky", Motoharu written stuff like "I'm going to conquer the maid kingdom", and Aogami... I forgot what he wrote

So yeah, I'd say Touma doesn't really have a goal in life... too busy trying to deal with his bad luck to think otherwise.
Old 2011-06-17, 21:04   Link #11338
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
At least he can show some worries instead acting like nothing had happened. And, I'm not talking about Necesarius figuring out his power but himself doing so.
Exactly my point, if even big organizations and all their resources at their disposal couldn't figure it out, what chance does a normal high school student that can barely past his exams do? Google and Wiki it?

What's the point of worrying? Just so that he can trigger an event for someone to say "What's the point of worrying?" to him? Well technically that happened, but it was Tsuchimikado consoling him not to trouble himself with the declaration of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
This reminds me of the time when Touma's class had to hand in a sheet on what they want to do in the future, Touma written "Anything is fine, as long as I become lucky", Motoharu written stuff like "I'm going to conquer the maid kingdom", and Aogami... I forgot what he wrote

So yeah, I'd say Touma doesn't really have a goal in life... too busy trying to deal with his bad luck to think otherwise.
Isn't that more or less the standard mindset of protagonists? Either they don't really have any long term goals, or they want to be Hokages and Pirate Kings.

Hell, I'm 22, and I don't really have a long term goal except to look forward to the next anime season or Gears of War 3 later this year.
Old 2011-06-17, 21:10   Link #11339
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Exactly my point, if even big organizations and all their resources at their disposal couldn't figure it out, what chance does a normal high school student that can barely past his exams do? Google and Wiki it?
Like figuring out that even if he can't negate he can disrupt? He can learn from his own experience if he tries and not just waiting the situations to come at him.
Old 2011-06-17, 21:13   Link #11340
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Like figuring out that even if he can't negate he can disrupt? He can learn from his own experience if he tries and not just waiting the situations to come at him.
Well, how many people have enough power that he can't negate in oneshot? Before meeting Fiamma, there's nobody powerful enough to do that. So how is he suppose to experience it?

What's that? Pendex? He lost his memories remember? Misha? He didn't get to fight her right? Not even Aqua had enough power that Touma can't negate with one touch.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-17 at 21:24.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen