AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-16, 19:20   Link #401
GrimJack

I am enjoying the anime but I think the manga is far superior in lots of ways, though I must admit the animators are doing a great job of adapting the feel of Maybe's colour pages and especially volume covers to the show.

I hope it is not a spoiler to say that the manga has creeped me out on more than one occasion yet it remains lighthearted which is an amazing dichotomy. if the show lives up to half of its promise it will be excellent
Old 2012-04-16, 19:38   Link #402
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The main problem with the manga is its inconsistencies with face structure (i.e. Maybe isn't that good in drawing a side-view face, but it might be just his drawing style). Nonetheless, he can pull off incredible atmosphere with his imagery.

I have yet to watch episode 2, but I think based on the reactions in this thread, there is a major problem that Episode 1 brought to Episode 2: the "fated meeting" between Niiya and Yuuko was dampened because we already saw her in Episode 1.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 19:43   Link #403
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I honestly didn't feel like it was a problem...like...at all. Maybe because I didn't read the manga first? I dunno.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 19:53   Link #404
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The main problem with the manga is its inconsistencies with face structure (i.e. Maybe isn't that good in drawing a side-view face, but it might be just his drawing style). Nonetheless, he can pull off incredible atmosphere with his imagery.

I have yet to watch episode 2, but I think based on the reactions in this thread, there is a major problem that Episode 1 brought to Episode 2: the "fated meeting" between Niiya and Yuuko was dampened because we already saw her in Episode 1.
To be honest, I never got that "fated meeting" feeling right away in the manga either. Not until Kirie was introduced anyway (for the anime viewers I suppose that would be "reintroduced").
Old 2012-04-16, 19:58   Link #405
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post

Made these freebies to commemorate how much I adore Yuuko and her playful teasing.
Time frame of that breast grab please.
Old 2012-04-16, 20:16   Link #406
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
To be honest, I never got that "fated meeting" feeling right away in the manga either. Not until Kirie was introduced anyway (for the anime viewers I suppose that would be "reintroduced").
Me neither, but the mystery of learning about a new character was shot. Her bones, for example. The surprise was lost. I think they messed up with episode one.
Old 2012-04-16, 20:21   Link #407
Random Wanderer

An interesting moment happened during the first chapter in the manga which they changed here, for reasons I'm not sure of. I'll post it in a spoiler tag, and I'd appreciate it if the mods would kindly not delete it, unlike what they've been doing with what feels like half my other posts today. This is an event whose moment has already passed in the anime, and which will most likely never be used in any other sort of context. It is useful for the sake of comparison, but is not actually spoiling anything that is yet to come.

Spoiler for Chapter 0:

Quote:
Time frame of that breast grab please.
19:49, roughly.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 20:53   Link #408
chaos_animagic

Yuuko...

A really really weird thought process girl.. or ghost... LOL

You get all Embarrassed
Spoiler for embarrassed:

From this...
Spoiler for this:

And not embarrassed at this?
Spoiler for NSFW:

Man... Yuuko must be so fun to be around with... (if she was alive...)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 20:57   Link #409
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 0:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-16, 21:13   Link #410
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
[/SPOILER]

19:49, roughly.

Thanks. It looked like he was grabbing her bare breast so I had to reaffirm it myself.
Old 2012-04-16, 21:29   Link #411
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Me neither, but the mystery of learning about a new character was shot. Her bones, for example. The surprise was lost. I think they messed up with episode one.
Yeah the jumbling of events so far is a bit irritating. One of the reasons I dislike it when adaptations "tweak" the source material is that when done wrong it can hurt the impact of certain scenes. It's the downside; the upside is that sometimes tweaks actually improve the scene, but that's fairly rare, so I tend to wish they wouldn't do it.

In particular the first episodes gravestone scene and the second episodes explanation of ghost perception make me wonder how they'll handle Kirie's reintroduction. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I just hope they don't go too crazy with the changes. As I said many posts back, the story is centered around Teiichi, Yuuko, and Kirie for a reason (as you well know), and I'm hoping they don't alter that relationship dynamic since it is what really drives the heart of the story.

I have a feeling she'll show up next episode though, so we can reserve manga comparisons until then. ^^
Old 2012-04-16, 21:34   Link #412
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I had the same reaction even tho Im not familiar with the manga, it seemed weird Teiichi was meeting her when we'd already seen her. Also him finding her bones wasn't a huge as a surprise since we knew from epi 1 her body was in the detective club room. But I took it instride since I laughed really hard in this epi.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 21:36   Link #413
chaos_animagic

Well.. the style of episode 1 reminded me of Haruhi's anime... where it started out from the middle.

They didn't really talk about the "Bones" in ep 1 tho, she just mentioned she's "under there" (to first time watcher, it could meant anything... Bone, Corpse, Ash, Grave, etc etc.)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 22:11   Link #414
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Off-topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun
You're watching Ghost Hunt, right now?

On-topic
I laughed hard when Teiichi and Momoe are all serious, then Yuuko suddenly breaks the seriousness by telling what actually is going on. Oh Yuuko, you troll.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 01:20   Link #415
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I noticed that Yuuko is actually singing the OP and ED...that's a pretty nice touch.
Really? If I'm not mistaken she sings neither...
Old 2012-04-17, 01:23   Link #416
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Really? If I'm not mistaken she sings neither...
I don't think her voice actress does, but the animation at times in both shows her clearly singing the song (especially in the ED). Thus, "Yuuko" is singing them, even though her voice actress is not.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 01:47   Link #417
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Oh, so that's what he meant.
Old 2012-04-17, 04:18   Link #418
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I enjoyed the second episode. Now any time a skeleton appears in an anime will have to respect the fact that we're seeing someone that's naked . Certainly a person can't get any more naked than not having skin...

Couldn't help but laugh with Okonogi getting chased by Yuuko. Had that super serious atmosphere and then we saw Niiya's perspective. He gets to look both like a hero and an idiot . I'm impressed he managed to keep a serious look during that chase scene.

Should make for interesting situations if people look at Yuuko and see what they want to see.

Like the touch of having 'Yuuko' sing the OP/ED even if it's not technically her VA doing it.
Old 2012-04-17, 05:01   Link #419
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This series had a preview of boobs, and it has a distinct lack of boobs. It was never going to be a good horror (Nonexistent now, and probably just over the top later, what's up with Japaense style horror? :/). It can't provide what it seems to advertise. False advertisement is bad. This anime is bad. Dropped.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 06:52   Link #420
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This series had a preview of boobs, and it has a distinct lack of boobs. It was never going to be a good horror (Nonexistent now, and probably just over the top later, what's up with Japaense style horror? :/). It can't provide what it seems to advertise. False advertisement is bad. This anime is bad. Dropped.
You obviously ignored like 95% of the PV since you were fixated on Yuuko's oppai. Your reason for hating the anime is flawed if you only saw this anime as nothing but fan service. TOxA isn't a glorified boob parade like Queen's Blade.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-04-17 at 07:24.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural