AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-22, 23:41   Link #241
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

By ignoring the part of it that doesn't fit his argument?

Honestly, it's well past the point where I care. I cede the field to you.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:55   Link #242
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

LoL, now this is a real man's take on Chihayafuru: http://www.thatanimeblog.com/index.p...ayase-chihaya/

Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 04:58   Link #243
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
LoL, now this is a real man's take on Chihayafuru: http://www.thatanimeblog.com/index.p...ayase-chihaya/

I'm laughing so hard at that....It's like what the elder relatives speak after watching some soap opera
Old 2011-10-23, 16:04   Link #244
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu. Just the six characters whose pics are on the official site.

About Chihaya's sister, I expected to dislike her, but when I actually saw her, I kind of liked her. First, we saw her disappointment. Now we see her caring a bit about Chihaya...or at least depending on her admiration. More complex than similar situations I've seen in other anime/manga. She does seem to be egotistical -- hard to avoid, with your mother pushing and your sister gushing -- but not without feeling for those around her. There's some depth there to plumb, it seems to me.

The sister is played by Endou Aya, and the mother by Yukino Satsuki. Good stuff.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 16:08   Link #245
Kirarakim

I am not a big fan of Chihaya's sister at the moment but I have a feeling there is more to her character.

Thanks for the seiyuu breakdown Kaoru. Miyano is definitely my favorite of the group.
Old 2011-10-23, 19:27   Link #246
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

finally caught up!

chihayafuru is a gorgeous anime and one of the most promising romances in years, imo. the bond between all three characters was very real and nuanced, and that'll make the eventual drama even better.

haven't gone through the entire thread, but i'm sure taichi is going to be a hotly debated character. i'm a fan of him so far--he acted like a jealous, insecure 12 year old boy who thought insulting/bullying somebody who was different would impress the girl he liked.

he was mistaken lol.

his insecurities though seem to exist when he's older too with the whole 'i'm dating her but i don't like her' thing. he's got a lot of growing to do but that makes it fun

arata is just adorable but not as interesting as taichi for me. chihaya is also adorable!

i just like how they acted like kids, it's refreshing to see that.

and goddamn aint karuta dramatic lol. some of those moves were epic.

the only character who i don't like--so far--is chihaya's older sister. she's got a ballooned ego.

in love with this series so far!
Old 2011-10-25, 13:08   Link #247
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

And so the thick plottens...

Spoiler for episode 4:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 14:25   Link #248
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show, with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu. Just the six characters whose pics are on the official site.

About Chihaya's sister, I expected to dislike her, but when I actually saw her, I kind of liked her. First, we saw her disappointment. Now we see her caring a bit about Chihaya...or at least depending on her admiration. More complex than similar situations I've seen in other anime/manga. She does seem to be egotistical -- hard to avoid, with your mother pushing and your sister gushing -- but not without feeling for those around her. There's some depth there to plumb, it seems to me.

The sister is played by Endou Aya, and the mother by Yukino Satsuki. Good stuff.
I agree. There's a feeling that despite her clearly self-centred streak, she isn't a bad person.

Spoiler for ep 4:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 14:27   Link #249
Sides

Kind of feel sorry for Taichi
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 14:45   Link #250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And so the thick plottens...

Spoiler for episode 4:
I sure did. I would have been disappointed if the little Chihaya we came to know and love had changed too much over the years. In fact, I grew to love kid Chihaya so much I was almost dreading the return of the story to the present, and I was highly relieved to see she is still exactly the same (just prettier and with better karuta skills, so it's all good). The "chocolate sign" and the way she sleeps with her eyes open (that's creepy!) made me laugh quite a bit.

Can't wait to find out what happened to Arata. I assume his grandfather died, but was that really the reason he gave up Karuta? Looks like Chihaya and Taichi will have to go talk to him in person.
Old 2011-10-25, 15:10   Link #251
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Kind of feel sorry for Taichi
Spoiler:
I feel more sorry for Taichi's girlfriend.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:56   Link #252
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Your getting too touchy Chihaya! Stop sending mix messages to Taichi! I really sympathize for Taichi girlfriend. What on Earth did she see in this guy and why did he even except a confession, if he's not serious about.

Is it proper to get close to a guy, who has girlfriend (in Japanese society)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I feel more sorry for Taichi's girlfriend.
Same here >_<
Old 2011-10-25, 16:07   Link #253
Kirarakim

Have they not seen or talked to each other since elementary school. Chihaya acts like nothing has changed, well maybe that's just her personality & what she was hoping for.

Spoiler for Episode 4:

Putting this behind spoiler cut just in case. But I am always confused how long spoilers should stay up once the episode airs on CR?

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2011-10-25 at 16:54.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 16:27   Link #254
sikvod00

^
I'm not giving Taichi a hard time for not being in love with his girlfriend. The problem is that now that Chihaya is back in his life, all those bottled up emotions he had for her are clearly resurfacing (and growing), and he's trying to deny it. High school or not, I don't think it's unreasonable to say it's wrong to be in a relationship with someone and yet have such strong feelings for someone else. Sort that shit out before you hurt someone.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2011-10-25 at 16:28. Reason: you're right above, no need to quote you. LOL
Old 2011-10-25, 16:34   Link #255
Kirarakim

Quote:
^
I'm not giving Taichi a hard time for not being in love with his girlfriend. The problem is that now that Chihaya is back in his life, all those bottled up emotions he had for her are clearly resurfacing (and growing), and he's trying to deny it. High school or not, I don't think it's unreasonable to say it's wrong to be in a relationship with someone and yet have such strong feelings for someone else. Sort that shit out before you hurt someone.
But Chihaya just got back in his life. Maybe he doesn't even realize his feelings for her fully yet. I think people are judging the situation way too harshly.

I am sure whatever happens with Taichi's girlfriend will be an important part to his story. But let's see how things develop before we take out the pitch forks.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2011-10-25 at 16:53.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 16:44   Link #256
sikvod00

^ I'd hardly call my criticisms of Taichi's specific actions here "taking out the pitch forks".

The fact that Taichi is confused and hasn't figured out his feelings doesn't stop the fact that he could potentially hurt his girlfriend. That is my primary concern. Second, it's true that Chihaya recently returned, but there have already been scenes showing that he is falling for her again. I mean, the first episode had him half-halfheartedly denying his relationship with his gf when he thought Chihaya was disappointed by it.

I have no idea how things will develop, but right now it stinks for his girlfriend.
Old 2011-10-25, 16:52   Link #257
Kirarakim

Quote:
^ I'd hardly call my criticisms of Taichi's specific actions here "taking out the pitch forks".
Well I admit that might have been overly dramatic but I just wasn't talking about you but the response I am seeing in general about this situation.

Quote:
The fact that Taichi is confused and hasn't figured out his feelings doesn't stop the fact that he could potentially hurt his girlfriend. That is my primary concern. Second, it's true that Chihaya recently returned, but there have already been scenes showing that he is falling for her again. I mean, the first episode had him half-halfheartedly denying his relationship with his gf when he thought Chihaya was disappointed by it.
Well that all happened in a short time frame, so I don't think Taichi has the chance to process his feelings for Chihaya and what he feels for his girlfriend just yet. I would say it might end up being the same for Chihaya and her feelings for both Taichi & Arata.

Will someone get hurt? Yes that is a possibility but in any good drama characters make mistake and hopefully they learn from them.
Old 2011-10-25, 17:05   Link #258
sikvod00

^ I am only hard on Taichi in this case because his confusion may hurt somebody. But who knows how they'll handle it? Maybe he finally realizes his feelings for Chihaya and breaks it off. The girl gets hurt, but it's the best thing for everyone. Or maybe he find outs out while he does care for Chihaya he has moved beyond being in love with her and decides to stay with his gf (I doubt it). The worst is for him to stay with his gf while his feelings for Chihaya grow as they spend more time in the kurata club (it's almost guaranteed that they will make one now). That's really dangerous...

It doesn't help that while the gf seems nice, she absolutely paled in comparison to Chihaya in terms of looks and personality. It made sense why she was so semi-jealous: "Hey, who is she???"

On another note, I thought it was interesting how Chihaya had Arata's phone number but never bothered to call until now. It implies that they all had each other's contact info. but didn't talk since they were kids. That really is like real life, isn't it? I've had super close friends who I've parted ways with, and while it was totally possible for me to contact them (and vice versa), we never bothered. Then after years and years you think of calling them and think, "Wait. This would be really awkward. What would we talk about!?" Then you decide to pass on it. It's not that you no longer like the person, but your life has changed and you have moved on. This probably isn't the case for Chihaya and Arata though. Chihaya really believed in being reunited with them and thus continued to play so that she would be good enough to compete with them. And Arata probably just wanted to keep his good childhood memories locked up because it's a painful reminder of how bad he has it now.

Another note: I love the VA for Arata's mom. I wish she was featured in more anime nowadays.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2011-10-25 at 17:17.
Old 2011-10-25, 17:17   Link #259
LKK

Quote:
On another note, I thought it was interesting how Chihaya had Arata's phone number but never bothered to call until now. It implies that they all had each other's contact info. but didn't talk since they were kids.
Didn't Arata say "Stop calling me" during the phone call? To me, that implies that Chihaya had indeed been in touch with him during their separation.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:19   Link #260
sikvod00

^ I interpreted that as "don't call me again after this conversation". But if that's exactly what he said (I forgot the wording of the subs I watched) it makes more sense that she has been in touch.

Tags
josei, karuta, madhouse