AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 14
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 103 45.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 58 25.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 19 8.48%
7 out of 10 : Good... 16 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average... 10 4.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 3 1.34%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 8 3.57%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-07, 17:47   Link #341
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Smart word play...not really

Just wondering, shouldn't hospitals provide slippers?
Kirito is walking barefooted down the corridor.
The real fact is "Where the Goddam Nurses!!!!! Negligence!!!!".. They live in a high tech world but there is no alarm when a patients stands up and leaves his room.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 17:49   Link #342
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Good episode. I think they handled the adaptation well. Finished off the boss fight nicely and they explained plenty without it getting boring.

Someone should remind Kazuto that in the real world protection is needed.
Old 2012-10-07, 18:23   Link #343
Archmagination2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
There's a few bits from the novels that got "lost in adaptation" that I think are relevant to some of things that have been discussed in this thread.

Spoiler for Novel Foreshadowing Cut From Episode 10:

Spoiler for Novel Version of Hospital Scene:

Might not entirely satisfy some of you people, but I thought they were points worth bringing up.
There is a subtle theme in the series that asks questions like how does VR mentally effect the brain? Mental ability vs VR programming?, Is VR no different than reality?, etc.

One of the more interesting things is the tag Kirito saw that said "You are Dead" when his HP ran out.. Once you see that I think SAO puts you in a buffer temporarily(that darkness) until the NervGear kills you. I experienced some strange bugs in MMORPG's before and it not actually that far fetched that your thoughts could temporarily override the programing in a VR due to the sheer about of data needing to be processed.(In WoW I had a bug one play session where I was stuck at 3hp and only at that hp. Having a little fun I ended up soloing DeadMines as a lvl8 because I was immortal.)
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 20:22   Link #344
Nezu

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
There is a subtle theme in the series that asks questions like how does VR mentally effect the brain? Mental ability vs VR programming?, Is VR no different than reality?, etc.

One of the more interesting things is the tag Kirito saw that said "You are Dead" when his HP ran out.. Once you see that I think SAO puts you in a buffer temporarily(that darkness) until the NervGear kills you. I experienced some strange bugs in MMORPG's before and it not actually that far fetched that your thoughts could temporarily override the programing in a VR due to the sheer about of data needing to be processed.(In WoW I had a bug one play session where I was stuck at 3hp and only at that hp. Having a little fun I ended up soloing DeadMines as a lvl8 because I was immortal.)
Spoiler for With comparison to the LNs:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-07 at 22:58. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Nezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 20:36   Link #345
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
There's a few bits from the novels that got "lost in adaptation" that I think are relevant to some of things that have been discussed in this thread.

Spoiler for Novel Foreshadowing Cut From Episode 10:

Spoiler for Novel Version of Hospital Scene:

Might not entirely satisfy some of you people, but I thought they were points worth bringing up.
Power of love, fuck yeah. That's the only explanation I need.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 20:47   Link #346
Nezu

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post

Accel World deals with how VR effects the mind. As for what Kirito was able to do, the whole series is all about how with enough will you can do the impossible.
Nezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 20:59   Link #347
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Smart word play...not really

Just wondering, shouldn't hospitals provide slippers?
Kirito is walking barefooted down the corridor.

To them, Kirito is just another vegetable. Why bother. I heard the writer was in the production team initially. The production team already stamps out some plot holes. We can use speculation to justify the reason, but I have a feeling about it. The feeling is that the "flaw" is the intention for the as-is conclusion. Asuna, dead or alive, is left in mystery. Kirito walks away with the hope in his mind. He will live his real life fully as much as his online life. Then, the publisher knocks on his door. "Hey! Let's write more chapters". So to speak.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 21:04   Link #348
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nishida... huh. Wasn't that the guy who murdered his wife? I'm surprised he survived.
Old 2012-10-07, 21:07   Link #349
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nishida... huh. Wasn't that the guy who murdered his wife? I'm surprised he survived.
Grimlock was the guy that had his wife murdered. Seeing as Yolko and Caynz had no intention of committing murder themselves, it's not surprising he survived. Just have him locked up in the game's dungeon with all the other captured bandits and so forth, and he'd be immune from death, even at his own hand.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 21:10   Link #350
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... right... why does Nishida sound so familiar to me then? Could've sworn I've heard of someone named Nishida in SAO...

EDIT: Oh, right, the fisherman. *facepalms*
Old 2012-10-07, 21:16   Link #351
arkxkra
全力全開

already known what will happen yet my eyes wet is a bit. Seeing the last moment when kirito wake up and using all his strength go to find Asuna is so touching.

anyway, look forward to next arc.
Old 2012-10-07, 21:25   Link #352
Clarste
Human

How odd that nearly every single person on the list is someone we've met. You'd think they'd just be in alphabetical order or something.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 21:44   Link #353
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it look like Klein going to have to wait for his free meal
Old 2012-10-07, 22:03   Link #354
renrutal

About how Kirito (and Asuna) didn't die automatically when killed:

We don't know how the process happens, or what is the timeframe between SAO's death and real life death. Even in the novels it is not explained.

That said, it could be that the players go to a limbo and Kayaba does the final execution himself. At least any PKs wouldn't be persecuted for manslaughter after the game ends because Kayaba is actually the one who does it.
renrutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 22:22   Link #355
Maxtro

LOL what a troll episode.

First it seems to be a normal episode. Then something happens and there is the very strong feeling that it's suddenly the last episode. Seemed way too sudden. Then there was the coming next preview, and I'm like, oh it's not over.

Next time:

[mod: Meme image that said "we have to go back"]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-07 at 22:55. Reason: Please don't use unneeded meme images
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 22:29   Link #356
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

OMGWTF?
TONNURA is on that logout list?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tonnura is a running gag in Japan's most popular RPG series, Dragon Quest.
It's a silly sounding name that comes up as a possible character name, just for kicks.

The joke's been running in the series since the 80s!
Old 2012-10-08, 01:09   Link #357
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

You know what would be reallllly funny? If the creator had actually programmed a fake "win"/destruction of the world, as well as a fake "waking up in hospital" scene, only to throw them into (as he said in this episode, "another world that is similar") another world like SAO.

The ultimate troll move indeed. Oh come on Kayaba, you dirty whor3, please pull a troll move like this lululululul.

edit:
Anyway, the only really fishy thing was the whole "i gotta get going now/do my thing" Do what Kayaba? What's going on? Is there something we're missing here?
Old 2012-10-08, 01:53   Link #358
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Anyway, the only really fishy thing was the whole "i gotta get going now/do my thing" Do what Kayaba? What's going on? Is there something we're missing here?
Obviously he's going to wake up and start developing SAO 2

So Yoruko from Ep.5&6 is Yolko, Bright Noa from Ep.12 is Thinker? And lol at Harry One, reminds me of a certain wizard.
Old 2012-10-08, 02:42   Link #359
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

In regards to the hospital thing.... A metric poo ton of people just came out of their comas, Kirito was one of the last, first come first serve they would be busy else where. Of course why are there no people rushing around the corridor around his room, no idea xD
Old 2012-10-08, 03:12   Link #360
Andrewthelord

the hospital scene is a poetic license. And a great one.

But the scene it's perfect. It's like I had imagined reading the novel.
Andrewthelord is offline   Reply With Quote