AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-16, 10:19   Link #7261
FeistyDreams

You don't have to worry about Seiya being a wimpy generic, he's got a temper and he's kind of a jerk from what I can tell XD

Going back to FMP, though, I gotta say, I'm liking the cover of the new volume of Another. Compare it to the first and just look at that character development. Tatsuya looks a lot... harder now, you can tell he's really seen a lot and been through a lot, and the fact that it's noticeable in just his design is amazing~ I hope someone will translate it one of these days, I don't have the time or energy to stumble my way through so much Japanese anymore, and since I'm out of practice, it's even harder now. x_x
Old 2014-01-16, 11:10   Link #7262
MisterBaka

Quote:
You don't have to worry about Seiya being a wimpy generic, he's got a temper and he's kind of a jerk from what I can tell XD
Thank you, Fiesty! Now I have hope.

Quote:
Going back to FMP, though, I gotta say, I'm liking the cover of the new volume of Another. Compare it to the first and just look at that character development. Tatsuya looks a lot... harder now, you can tell he's really seen a lot and been through a lot, and the fact that it's noticeable in just his design is amazing~ I hope someone will translate it one of these days, I don't have the time or energy to stumble my way through so much Japanese anymore, and since I'm out of practice, it's even harder now. x_x
I hear you. I've been waiting for the baka-tsuki translation to start properly for months. But why, why does it not?! Kinda funny, since at first I thought I would hate Another. But from what I know it's a good heir to the original. Even the spoilers feel... right. Like Tatsuya and the gang belong, you know.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 12:27   Link #7263
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Going back to FMP, though, I gotta say, I'm liking the cover of the new volume of Another. Compare it to the first and just look at that character development. Tatsuya looks a lot... harder now, you can tell he's really seen a lot and been through a lot, and the fact that it's noticeable in just his design is amazing~
You sure its not just that he looks like Sousuke now?

Also while that "Savage 2" is a neat looking design, going by the precedents set by the NATO reporting names for Soviet aircraft and missiles something like "Savage D" or "Savage G" would be a more likely reporting name than "Savage 2." Though I could see Western pilots nicknaming them "Super Savages."
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 12:38   Link #7264
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
You sure its not just that he looks like Sousuke now?
That's exactly my line. When I first saw Tatsuya in the upper left corner of that first picture, I thought it was SOusuke.

The Blaze Raven's new equipment looks totally badass.

And what's going on with Tatsuya and Adelina in those pics? And Adelina's reaction to the classic "fall on top and grope" scene is a bit unusual.
Old 2014-01-18, 16:49   Link #7265
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
You sure its not just that he looks like Sousuke now? "
Sousuke! Where are you and Kaname!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 17:37   Link #7266
SkoolRumble4Ya

Those are some nice art of FMP Another. I hope somebody translate this soon.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 19:56   Link #7267
Silverkite
moetastic !

Nice a new Savage and some modified Ravens,I do really hope that Bandai will not forget about making Fowler and Sabine's Eligor,nor Zaied Shadow and some other variants of it,plus the Codarls

I mean they made the pink C.C Lancelot that got nuked in a second,so they really have to make whatever AS is missing from the original FMP novel
Old 2014-01-19, 00:33   Link #7268
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Pretty lacy underwear there.
Old 2014-01-28, 11:42   Link #7269
MisterBaka

I am looking at the scans of FMP Another v6.
Spoiler for new character:
Old 2014-01-28, 12:13   Link #7270
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
I am looking at the scans of FMP Another v6.
Spoiler for new character:
Wait, Natalia is in FMP!Another!? BAHAHAHAHAAHH. SHE'S THE RUSSIAN STRIPPER THAT HAYASHIMIZU LIVED WITH IN HIGH SCHOOL AFTER HIS PARENTS KICKED HIM OUT. WTF!?!?
Old 2014-01-28, 12:19   Link #7271
MisterBaka

Quote:
Wait, Natalia is in FMP!Another!? BAHAHAHAHAAHH. SHE'S THE RUSSIAN STRIPPER THAT HAYASHIMIZU LIVED WITH IN HIGH SCHOOL AFTER HIS PARENTS KICKED HIM OUT. WTF!?!?
WHAT?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!! BY THE BOOBIES!!!
Where is this stuff?! In Tsuioku no Innocent short stories, or did I miss something somewhere else?

Oh, yeah, here is the Natalia I was talking about:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-28, 12:29   Link #7272
FeistyDreams

Ahh, she doesn't really look like the Natalia from that story, but then again, quite a few years later, and we never DID see her hair color...

She's in Miiratori no Drunker. ^^ She tells Kaname to become a stripper and Kaname says maybe she should and Sousuke sounds so sad and pathetic as he's like "Please don't do that Chidori..." then Kaname laughs and waves it off saying she was joking.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-28, 12:49   Link #7273
MisterBaka

I have just arrived to the horrible realization that I never did read Miiratori no Drunker, although there's even a Russian translation of it. I need to go and weep a little acknowledging my lack of dedication to FMP. Maybe get a little drunk and punch someone. Then hug them.
There was a story set in the world of my beloved FMP with a Russian girl trying to persuade Chidori to become a stripper. AND I NEVER READ IT! I am a failure as a fan and as a human being.
Yep, that's pretty much how obsessed I am with Full Metal Panic.
That being said, the two Natashas really look different. Even the beauty mark on the left side of their face is located differently. Miiratori no Drunker Natalia has it under her eye, while Another Natalia has it over the corner of her mouth.
Now I'm not the one to ignore aging, but I highly doubt that her skin is THAT flabby at this point -_-"
Spoiler for here it is in Another:

So maybe they are two different people, and this is a coincidence since Gatoh and Ooguro do not know any other female Russian names such as Olga or Alesia =)
But maybe Shikidoji was just too lazy to check the old illustrations and they're the same person^^
Old 2014-01-28, 12:57   Link #7274
FeistyDreams

Ahahah, yeah, I didn't even notice the beauty mark XD It doesn't seem like the same person, honestly, just in the way she carries herself. Ah well ^^;

Aww, jealous that you have a translation of it! There isn't one in English, I've had to stumble my way through it in Japanese, so I've missed a ton out of it.

--Ah! Just found her last name, a different Natalia unless she got married. Chedakov? (チェダーコフ)
Old 2014-01-28, 13:14   Link #7275
MisterBaka

Quote:
Ahahah, yeah, I didn't even notice the beauty mark XD It doesn't seem like the same person, honestly, just in the way she carries herself.
But since Another Natalia is, as far as I can see, is a member of DOMS there is a chance she got there while working for Hayashimizu. But seing how DOMS
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Ah! Just found her last name, a different Natalia unless she got married. Chedakov?
Aha! That makes it almost 100% sure they are not the same.
But is's supposed to be Chedakova - we add "a" to most of our last names if it's a woman. Like "Mr Chedakov and Mrs Chedakova". It's because we have a different way of indicating gender.

But I really hope this new Natalia sticks around in the story in any case. And not because of the cleavage, but because of the way she carries herself that you have mentioned. I like strong female characters.

Quote:
Aww, jealous that you have a translation of it! There isn't one in English, I've had to stumble my way through it in Japanese, so I've missed a ton out of it.
Really?
In that case, when I read it, I can make one. I work as a professional Russo-English and English-Russian translator, and I can consult with a friend who translates from Japanese for better quality.
If some of the fans can have a pleasure reading this, it will only make me happy.
Old 2014-01-28, 13:43   Link #7276
FeistyDreams

Ahhah, I thought the name was supposed to be feminized, but I wasn't sure. It wasn't in the Japanese, so I wrote it as it was written in katakana. As I recall, Gatoh messed up with Irina as well, by just writing Kalinin instead of... Kalinina? I'm sorry, my Russian knowledge is extremely limited ^^;

That would be amazing!!! <3 We have very few of the side stories translated in English. Maybe about 7 or so? Miiratori no Drunker is really hilarious, too, from what little I did stumble through. What's not to love about a drunk Kaname stealing Sousuke's weapons and grenades? XD
Old 2014-01-28, 14:05   Link #7277
MisterBaka

Quote:
Ahhah, I thought the name was supposed to be feminized, but I wasn't sure. It wasn't in the Japanese, so I wrote it as it was written in katakana. As I recall, Gatoh messed up with Irina as well, by just writing Kalinin instead of... Kalinina? I'm sorry, my Russian knowledge is extremely limited ^^;
That's right, Irina Kalinina.
Some last names, like mine, are not feminized at all, but most of Slavic Russian names are.
I actually like how the names of Russian characters in FMP are not too stereotypical and, if only for such minor details as feminization requiring detailed knowledge of the language, correct. Like Stepan Ilyich Mikhailov - amazingly right name. It's tough, old-school and suits the character. Adelina's name is also really good but a bit cheesy, like Russian names in "From Russia With Love".

Quote:
That would be amazing!!! <3 We have very few of the side stories translated in English. Maybe about 7 or so? Miiratori no Drunker is really hilarious, too, from what little I did stumble through. What's not to love about a drunk Kaname stealing Sousuke's weapons and grenades? XD
I am now reading it.
"That strange but sweet feeling at the tip of his nose"... - when she actually kissed him on the nose! That is priceless!
Old 2014-02-04, 16:01   Link #7278
FeistyDreams

After this conversation here, MisterBaka was awesome enough to translate Miiratori no Drunker for us~ Check it out, it's such a great story. Drunken Kaname is too adorable, and oh Natalia, you sneaky little thing you XDDD Thank you so much for the translation!!!
Old 2014-02-05, 20:09   Link #7279
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
After this conversation here, MisterBaka was awesome enough to translate Miiratori no Drunker for us~ Check it out, it's such a great story. Drunken Kaname is too adorable, and oh Natalia, you sneaky little thing you XDDD Thank you so much for the translation!!!
Niiiiiiiiiiice!!!

Really appreciate it, and thanks to you Feisty, for sharing it.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 01:34   Link #7280
Yye1
Wide Right

has any FMP characters aside from mao and kurz made any appearances in another?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen