AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-02-10, 20:05   Link #281
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Guh, straight from a cheerful "chapter" into... well... 6801/6802

QQ

Last edited by Zenemis; 2008-02-10 at 20:18.
Zenemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 20:23   Link #282
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
edit:
So 2/19 is it.. hmmm.... my rough numbers show 2/17, assuming I don't have to work a double shift this week.... so yeah, 2/19 seems fair.
Well, there are 1851 lines translated from start to your present point and I think I counted like 200 translated by whoever was there before you. So, that's 1651 lines. This is your 11th day working on it, which puts you at 150 lines per day. That's more than the base I'm using for you which is 133, which was your rate a couple of days ago.

At 150 lines a day and 33 a day for Blatt, that makes 6802 progess of 183 a day. That's 7.5 days until completion, or the 17th. Using 133 for you and 33 for Blatt puts it at 166 lines a day, 9 day until completion, the 19th.
It's just that this is the weekend, so your lines per day count gets a little inflated.
And if Blatt continues to go at the high pace he's at now (I think he's doing around 100 a day...), my prediction could be way off. If it's at 100 a day for him and 150 for you, that's 250, or 5.5 days, the 15th.

Ah well. It works like always. Just continue to watch and make crazy predictions based off of math and rates of change.
Old 2008-02-10, 20:44   Link #283
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Well, there are 1851 lines translated from start to your present point and I think I counted like 200 translated by whoever was there before you. So, that's 1651 lines. This is your 11th day working on it, which puts you at 150 lines per day. That's more than the base I'm using for you which is 133, which was your rate a couple of days ago.
Actually those 200 lines were throughout... there werw like 133 lines translated that werew "... ... ..." type.... that was throughout the whole thing.. I run across 4 to 15 of them each translation cycle... then the remaining was lines at the very end of the peice ... but not the very end.. like sparse through the last 200 or so lines... dont know who or why.

But anyhow... not going to split hairs here. 17-19 seems reasonable... although I dont know Blatt's viewpoint... he might go crazy on us
todkapuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 12:53   Link #284
Kristen
*Author

So, I just saw that Velocity7 uploaded all of SEEN 6800/4. So in the last 7 days, he's been averaging 200 lines per day. Hence I adjusted my prediction to February 16th for 6800 end date.

So far, my prediction have been a total of 19 days off, meaning an average of 5 days per SEEN.

Only about 2500 lines left. ^_^ Now it's a race. Will 6800 or 6802 finish first? This is becoming intense! *Places bets*
Old 2008-02-11, 19:44   Link #285
todkapuz

hmm... neck and neck ka? ... too bad I'm translating... else I'd place a bet
Old 2008-02-11, 21:05   Link #286
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

lawl lets double team v7 :P
Old 2008-02-11, 22:07   Link #287
todkapuz

6802 is getting confusing... apparently when you meet Ibuki-sensei and Fuuko-chan ... there are at least 3 diffnere tpossible routes you can take... that are all very similar but different... but darn Fuuko is cute..

anyhow.. i just wish I knew what you had to do to get these different variations... It's pretty interesting.... but seems in one you know Ibuki-sensei and in one you don't .. hmm..

It's all good though.

We just need the latest predictions
v7 killed 6800/4 400-something lines today.... so.......

6800/5 is all thats left on 6800 .... 1030 lines.

6702 ..... 851 lines ....

1881 lines left, total!

Last edited by todkapuz; 2008-02-11 at 23:26.
Old 2008-02-12, 08:51   Link #288
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Spoiler for Nagisa:

Ushio's cute though.

*is still going through 6802 backwards, and slowly -.-

Whoops, missed a bit in 6800/6, don't tell anyone <_>

Last edited by Zenemis; 2008-02-12 at 09:28.
Zenemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 21:32   Link #289
GyroidFanatic

Watch out for a fake patch

Quote:
Someone is going round posting a translation patch that pretends to be the compiled patch from Baka-Tsuki. This patch is not real and is a fake. Do not download this patch, as it contains malware that can harm your computer considerably. This malware is approximately 110,592 bytes, MD5: 5aef48e051f11cfe97e8e0f46b3cf05f. --Velocity7 18:20, 12 February 2008 (PST)
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 23:01   Link #290
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hence why playing in Linux is the right thing to do. Yay.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 01:13   Link #291
todkapuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Spoiler for Nagisa:

Ushio's cute though.

*is still going through 6802 backwards, and slowly -.-

Whoops, missed a bit in 6800/6, don't tell anyone <_>
Spoiler for um spoiler for Nagisa?:

Favorite lines from my translation tonight:

Fuuko: It is not possible for Fuuko to fall in love with your father.

4 more lines and we would ahve surpassed 3000 lines tonight... crazy ... less than 500 lines to go.
Old 2008-02-13, 04:46   Link #292
hackychan

Keep it up. Looking forward to the finished translations.

I'd like to help out with the cleanup/editing phase if possible. I've been doing minor typos and corrections to the recent translations so far, but I'm all for being less of an anonymous contributer.
hackychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 08:23   Link #293
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
Spoiler for um spoiler for Nagisa?:

Favorite lines from my translation tonight:

Fuuko: It is not possible for Fuuko to fall in love with your father.

4 more lines and we would ahve surpassed 3000 lines tonight... crazy ... less than 500 lines to go.
400 now. To be quite honest, at the pace you're going, you're going to finish the first pass tomorrow night. I predicted March 1st, so that would make my prediction 16 days off.

*Is excited*
Old 2008-02-13, 11:50   Link #294
Farplaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Hence why playing in Linux is the right thing to do. Yay.
I just saw your post earlier about playing Clannad under WINE. I was wondering if you can expand the window or even go full screen?

I have started playing Clannad recently, and I'm looking forward to being able to play it in English! The Japanese isn't too tough but it takes me much longer to read than if it was in English...
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 12:32   Link #295
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Awsome to see the translation is almost done, i'm guessing there's still a lot of editing to go into it (translating the in-game menu and option menu ect).

But it's really great thats theres only around 1400 lines left, great work translating the whole thing and really looking forward to it's release.
Old 2008-02-13, 12:45   Link #296
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

I am looking forward to this and waiting for this for a very long time :P
Very happy to hear it's almost done! I can't thank you enough when it released!

Btw, how about Tomoyo After...?
*Forte* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 15:54   Link #297
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Forte* View Post
I am looking forward to this and waiting for this for a very long time :P
Very happy to hear it's almost done! I can't thank you enough when it released!

Btw, how about Tomoyo After...?
There's still a ways to go until the official release. There may be an unofficial compilation of the game with After Story when the translation is finished. However, the stage that's ending now is translation. They still need to go back and check every SEEN to make sure that it's translated correctly, and then beta test the game to make sure the logic works, and then edit it so that it is grammatically correct and consistant. I have no idea how quick/slow it's going to go. I just know that it's still going to be a while before this project is finished.

By the way, personally I'm hoping for a Little Busters translation.
Old 2008-02-13, 18:20   Link #298
velocity7

Hey all,

I've translated a story from CLANNAD Another Story, and have thus posted it on Baka-Tsuki:
http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in..._Another_Story

The story in particular requires you have played through Kyou's route, as there are spoilers.
Old 2008-02-13, 18:29   Link #299
GyroidFanatic

Ah, I was hoping these would be translated. Thanks.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 00:31   Link #300
Kanzaki Urumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Watch out for a fake patch
apparently i am one of the idiots that dled a patch called clannad translation patch 1.09. Wish i visited this thread earlier. When i opened it, it opened a command prompt window and it read something 'autoformat' then my securities like antivirus disabled. I didnt let it run for 1 sec upon reading some of those words, i closed and deleted it. Right now i am paranoid of restarting or shutting down the comp as i am afraid maybe the file installed something in my comp and it might possibly run the autoformat when i restart.

Scanning the comp with avast, avg, lavasoft, bitdef etc. So far nothing found that the scanner claim is serious though. Maybe the malware was just to scare me but i am not gonna take an chances the malware can be found via rapidsearc.org then type clannad translation patch. (DL at your own risk, i am responsible for anything )

i am thinking of getting or borrowing a external drive to transfer my files just in case now, gahh
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation