AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-27, 13:17   Link #1981
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroko View Post

Spoiler for exempt From Episode 18:

Gah! Crack! Go Away! I Don't Even Know A Thing About Touhou, Why Is This Crack Assaulting Me!?
the Power Of Touhou Compels You
The Power Of Touhou Compels You
Old 2008-06-27, 13:30   Link #1982
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Alright so for Hayate we have a basic plan of simple melee mixed with an emphasis on ranged combat, probably ample amounts of beamspam. Now how do we differentiate this from Nanoha's shtick to give Hayate her own unique combat style?

I'm inclined to give Hayate a lot of unique spells, probably with an arcane/ice elemental bent to them, which nobody else would be able to pull off without a lot of mana and a great deal of skill with spellcraft. Rather than straight-up beamspam, make her a tricky fighter who relies more on her brains than on her immense power.

Example: a shooting-type spell which scatters hundreds of magic spheres over about a half-mile in every direction. These hold a static position and home in on any mana signatures different from the one that spawned them, basically turning the battlefield into a minefield. This would only be useful in solo fights since the spheres don't distinguish between friend and foe. Additional thoughts/spell ideas?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 13:53   Link #1983
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
YOSH!!! FINALLY!!!

Chapter 12 of Riot Force 6 is now for your reading pleasure, with pure unadulterated grammar errors and no revisions XD

Spoiler for MGLN Riot Force 6:

P.S. Chapter XIII Gundober and Kabuto
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 13:55   Link #1984
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Naaah Marisa's been doing the beamspam seven years before Nanoha even picked up the habit. If anything, Nanoha learned from Marisa.

Besides, it's not that hard.

Spoiler for Marisa's Lesson:
Yeah...looks pretty easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
It would explain her unnaturally good adaptation to magic, flight, and dodging.
XD
Good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Spoiler for Exempt from episode 18:

Gah! Crack! Go away! I don't even know a thing about Touhou, why is this crack assaulting me!?
are? Is Keroko becoming one of us?
Old 2008-06-27, 14:05   Link #1985
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:

Gah! Crack! Go away! I don't even know a thing about Touhou, why is this crack assaulting me!?

*grins*

Just as planned >:D
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 14:17   Link #1986
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
*grins*

Just as planned >
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 15:19   Link #1987
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:

Never underestimate the power of crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
*RIDER KICKS SaintX*

DENIED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
YOSH!!! FINALLY!!!

Chapter 12 of Riot Force 6 is now for your reading pleasure, with pure unadulterated grammar errors and no revisions XD

Ah, it LIVES!!! Got an interesting set up for what will happen to the teams later. And looks like your new OCs have finally made their appearance :3. Some small grammar bits here and there but nothing too bad I think.

Oh, and that bit with Caro and Lutecia?

*ahem*

Spoiler:

So...this means the little bit you sent me before will be showing up, huh?
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 15:41   Link #1988
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Join us in Touhou madness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

etc. etc. etc.
Quote:
*grins*

Just as planned >
Quote:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Never underestimate the power of crack
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
are? Is Keroko becoming one of us?
Yeah, well, I kinda fell in love with Marisa after that youtube clip, and when I find characters that interest me, I usually start hunting down anything that involves them.

Speaking of which, I found the first five Touhou games, but I'm having trouble getting them to work. Help. T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
YOSH!!! FINALLY!!!

Every time I read RF6 I can't help but enjoy Syn. I guess that's one of her many similarities to Vivio, and also one of her advantages. Syn is formed by the background of the story she grows up in, making her technically always in character.

I really like what you did with Syn in RF6. Please don't replace her with my latest version when it comes out.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 15:55   Link #1989
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, well, I kinda fell in love with Marisa after that youtube clip, and when I find characters that interest me, I usually start hunting down anything that involves them.

Speaking of which, I found the first five Touhou games, but I'm having trouble getting them to work. Help. T_T
The first five Touhou games are PC98 games, so you'll need a PC98 emulator like Anex86.

The later games, Touhou 6-10.5, are Windows based and generally don't require much tinkering. Also fun is that Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Perfect Cherry Blossom, and Imperishable Night all have english translation patches.
Old 2008-06-27, 16:12   Link #1990
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

If you have not done it yet, google "doujinstyle", they have a Touhou section with all touhou games that are released so far.

Try Perfect Cherry Blossom, then Imperishable Night and Embodiement of the Scarlet Devil.

Immaterial Missing Power and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody are different from the series. But if you like the fighting games, Scarlet Weather Rhapsody is the most beginner friendly.

and join the Asuki "Realm of Gensokyo" group, you can ask any Touhou related question there.
Old 2008-06-27, 16:27   Link #1991
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

.... okay, so I've only got the first 5 games to mess around with untill I can reign in the others, but its already adictive. It's been a loooooong time since I played a scrollshooter (though I can't remember the ones I've played being this insane with the shooting ) so its adictive nostalgia all over again.

Though why begin with Perfect Cherry Blossom? Isn't Embodiement of the Scarlet Devil earlier in the series?
Old 2008-06-27, 16:36   Link #1992
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Well EotSD is one of the harder touhou game of the shooter serie. Myself haven't play much touhou other then SWR and IaMP ( Touhou 10,5 and 7,5 )
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 16:40   Link #1993
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
.... okay, so I've only got the first 5 games to mess around with untill I can reign in the others, but its already adictive. It's been a loooooong time since I played a scrollshooter (though I can't remember the ones I've played being this insane with the shooting ) so its adictive nostalgia all over again.

Though why begin with Perfect Cherry Blossom? Isn't Embodiement of the Scarlet Devil earlier in the series?
If I remember what Tempest told me, Perfect Cherry Blossom (or Imperishable Night) are easier than Embodiement of Scarlet Devil.

For bonus I have uploaded two translated doujins in my filedump:

Even if Life isnt Short, Starring Marisa, Reimu and the Scarlet Devil Mansion crowd, wiht a focus on Marisa and Flandre.

Daydream, starring Yuyuko and Remilia.

I can also recommand Tohonifun's "Koumakyu" for Badass Reimu and "Yuka vs Yukari". And Flipflops
Old 2008-06-27, 16:49   Link #1994
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Well EotSD is one of the harder touhou game of the shooter serie.
Ah, that explains why I'm having problems with it. I haven't understood the appeal of the Touhou series and still don't, really.

Anyways, I'm planning on turning Cinque into one of the good guys post-StrikerS and giving her the good fortune of having a linker core so she can function at a basic level in a magical society. She's still going to be something of a Badass Normal when compared to the other characters, but I'm wondering what the resident theories on the natures of the ISs are. I know this has been discussed on IRC, but can we get a list of all suggested possibilities together?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 17:04   Link #1995
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well EotSD is one of the harder touhou game of the shooter serie. Myself haven't play much touhou other then SWR and IaMP ( Touhou 10,5 and 7,5 )
Duly noted.

Quote:
If I remember what Tempest told me, Perfect Cherry Blossom (or Imperishable Night) are easier than Embodiement of Scarlet Devil.

For bonus I have uploaded two translated doujins in my filedump:

Even if Life isnt Short, Starring Marisa, Reimu and the Scarlet Devil Mansion crowd, wiht a focus on Marisa and Flandre.

Daydream, starring Yuyuko and Remilia.

I can also recommand Tohonifun's "Koumakyu" for Badass Reimu and "Yuka vs Yukari". And Flipflops
Oooh, thanks for the doujins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Ah, that explains why I'm having problems with it. I haven't understood the appeal of the Touhou series and still don't, really.

Anyways, I'm planning on turning Cinque into one of the good guys post-StrikerS and giving her the good fortune of having a linker core so she can function at a basic level in a magical society. She's still going to be something of a Badass Normal when compared to the other characters, but I'm wondering what the resident theories on the natures of the ISs are. I know this has been discussed on IRC, but can we get a list of all suggested possibilities together?
To me, the nature of an IS (Inherent Skill) is quite simple. All of the numbers have a genetic base, that genetic base had a skill, or a series of skills, she often used, which then becomes the base for an IS. Logically, the original would have to be a mage, giving the Sentoukijin a high chance for a Linker Core as well.

Of course, any Nanowiki quotes would be most welcome in this regard, as this is pure speculation.
Old 2008-06-27, 17:57   Link #1996
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Perfect Cherry Blossom is one of the hardest ones. Embodiment of Scarlet Devil follows, then Imperishable Night. There's also Mountain of Faith and Phantasmagoria of Flower View, of the two MoF is the harder one. PoFV has a bonus though -- two player VS action!

But you gotta unlock them all first.

The Windows games in summed up...

Perfect Cherry Blossom: Oh God Youmu. OH GOD YUYUKO. OH GOD WHY RAN. GODDAMN YOU YUKARI~! LKDSJKASHDSAGLKASDF

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil: Flandre ;__;

Imperishable Night: Eirin Eirin Tasukete Eirin!

Mountain of Faith: Bomb Bomb Bomb Bomb

Phantasmigoria of Flower View: Pretty colors~!
Old 2008-06-27, 18:17   Link #1997
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Yukari can drive anyone crazy D:
Old 2008-06-27, 18:18   Link #1998
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post

Deici is mine...

*takes out something*

mine...
Old 2008-06-27, 19:31   Link #1999
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
I'd love to see Hayate as the most powerful mage in close and ranged combat. That would be interesting. Also, Nanoha is sometimes called the White Devil, Fate the Black Angel, so what of Hayate? Sort of makes me curious, since Hayate has black angel wings.

Also, the cards are actually going to be more like a certain game I've started playing, with the cards holding spirits of ancient creatures, with three separate divisions of the cards.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 19:39   Link #2000
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I'd love to see Hayate as the most powerful mage in close and ranged combat. That would be interesting. Also, Nanoha is sometimes called the White Devil, Fate the Black Angel, so what of Hayate? Sort of makes me curious, since Hayate has black angel wings.

Also, the cards are actually going to be more like a certain game I've started playing, with the cards holding spirits of ancient creatures, with three separate divisions of the cards.
Haa... that'd be a bit unfair, wouldn't it? That way, Hayate would be closer to a Mary Sue than a believable character. Everyone's got to have some sort of weakness...

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content