AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 20:10   Link #1
Cipher

Lightbulb Educational Anime

Hi! Thanks! I'm looking for an anime that could give me headaches and less dandruff. What i mean is i'm looking for an Educational ( preferably in terms of strategy and war) Anime with a decent Artwork. I know there aren't many but if you have found any that fits the description even slightly, please report to me.
Some great ones i've already seen are:
1. Code Geass
2. Utawarerumono

Although I'm not really watching them out of their educational values, its that strange realism that is very appealing to me. One thing i hate is that characteristic of repetition and/or cliche that many shows have. But as long as its smart, i feel as though i could trust it. Sorry, i don't get it too.

Anyways...thanks for reading! (please invite me as your friend) oh and i've seen a older thread that's similar but..its kinda old and the suggested anime's there have terrible graphic quality.

OH and...DeathNote was good too...psychology and manipulation stuff hehe
Old 2009-07-01, 20:28   Link #2
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Higurashi for "psychology and manipulation stuff"..... xD

But if you want educational anime with "strategy and war" theme (more or less) then check out 12 Kingdoms or Darker then Black
Old 2009-07-01, 20:32   Link #3
Cipher

yay! thank you!
Old 2009-07-01, 21:15   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Suzumiya Haruhi will teach you how to get fun into your life with classes on paranormal, science, psychology and philosphy.

Gaogaigar and Gaogaigar FINAL is the best anime example of courage, you will learn the power of the courageous human spirit.

Top wo Nerae! and Top wo Nerae!2 will teach you astrophysics but most importantly, effort, determination and guts. With hardwork and determination, nothing is impossible.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-07-01, 21:30   Link #5
Cipher

XD..thanks..although i'm not really trying to learn anything, knowing that it'll move my brain will make it less boring. i hope i get more recommendations though
Old 2009-07-01, 23:01   Link #6
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
If you want true and long term strategy and tactical planning try Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I believe there are nothing close to it in that regard. There are even the influence of politics, espionage, and information warfare as well.

The animation is kinda outdated because it's from the 80's and 90's, but the scenes are well done and full of meaning.

Tytania has it too, but it's pretty not at the same level of LOGH.

If teamwork and survival is ok, Uninhabited Planet Survive is perfect for ya. However, it's a kid show. It's not so kid that an adult can't enjoy. It's well made.

Victorian Romance Emma, you can get some Victorian Age trivia from it. If you nitpick, you can find some really minor inaccurate info, but most of it is right. It's like an animated Victorian romance.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Old 2009-07-01, 23:18   Link #7
Cipher

oh Brilliant!..i think i'll try the "LOGH". i'm starting to not mind the animation if its a really excellent anime. i'm trying out Neon Genesis Evangelion, a little lack of info plus lack of quality, but the story is pretty solid especially the "strenght" of its setting. Human race diminishing, melting of the ice caps...well i guess i still don't get it.

Sadly, from the looks of it, Victorian Romance Emma seems less brain "twitching" and more heart "pounding" since, on its name it says "Romance".
Old 2009-07-02, 00:09   Link #8
Cipher

Just to add to the list: Yugo the Negotiator is pretty psychologically/geographically educational.
Old 2009-07-02, 04:53   Link #9
Shadow Kira01

For educational purposes? It depends on the age of the audiences as that many animes are more suitable for an older audience group. For that matter, my recommendations will be pretty much as that.. Please check the ratings before watching it or showing it to others under the influence of education. However, these are pretty good recommendations:

Death Note (17+): This anime is definitely somewhat of a masterpiece, considering that both the strategies and tactics used by both Yagami Light and L are made up by the author Tsugumi Ohba, not mentioning that the moves made by the other main characters are also Oba-san's ideas. I know.. Tons of people have been arguing as to whether Yagami Light is smarter than L or the other way around but the fact is that both of them are fictional characters created by Oba-san and thus, there is no doubt that Tsugumi Ohba is the true genius of Death Note!

Ghost Hunt (15+): This one is pretty interesting if you like animes featuring strong supernatural elements. In this case, the protagonist is well-versed in both the scientific phenomenon and the supernatural phenomenon as the Shibuya Psychic Research investigates cases after cases.

Gundam Wing (15+): Of course, this anime is suitable to all ages but younger audiences most likely won't understand what is going on in the series aside from mechas battling with each other. The anime explores the ideals of pacifism, terrorism, and war. It generally points out the flaws of the pacifist ideals and that it can only be managed at gunpoint, similar idea as the Growlanser series. Generally, enforcing world peace and maintaining world peace cannot be possible without bloodshed. The idea is to kill a number of people while saving many more but nonetheless, such ideals generate the concept of dictatorship which people will eventually realize and will rebel against it.

Persona -trinity soul- (17+): Aside from the fact that the story is somewhat confusing due to the concept behind the whale's feather but it does possess a great deal of educational material. Actually, you will come to understand the whale's feather if you paid attention to the anime from beginning to end but I won't spoil it for you. However, there is always people who don't get it even watching it from beginning to the end as that the concept is rather confusing.

Sengoku BASARA (12+): This pretty much teaches you the history of the Sengoku era featuring Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura as main characters meaning that it is their perspective on the historical conquest.
Old 2009-07-02, 05:14   Link #10
Cipher

Thanks! the bigger the list the better! XD!
Closed Thread