Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-15, 21:57   Link #1221
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Yeah Roy always seemed to be the ideal final opponent for Wrath, but it seems that we can't take those things for granted with Arakawa. We never got Scar vs Kimblee round 3 either.

And speaking of Roy vs Wrath, I really liked the symbolism alluding to that in Roy's ordeal against Envy. The man who desired to become a better Fuhrer than King Bradley, aka Wrath, almost killed an enemy solely to satisfy his own wrath, but in the end he was able to overcome it, proving himself better than Wrath itself and himself.

As for Scar being shot down by some hateful Amestrisian soldier, that would certainly be rather tragic, since it would show that the cycle of hatred and revenge is indeed endless. And it would be a pity for Scar, who's managed to become a much better man after his encounters with Winry and Miles.
I'm actually hoping for an ending that has a tragic air. It'll set apart FMA from other Shounens and also, I don't believe that every character should get everything they want. Which is why I want Roy to stay blind if he survives.
Old 2009-12-15, 22:01   Link #1222
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I'm actually hoping for an ending that has a tragic air. It'll set apart FMA from other Shounens and also, I don't believe that every character should get everything they want. Which is why I want Roy to stay blind if he survives.
Yeah, I agree on both accounts. And if Roy does stay blind and survives, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how he copes with his blindness and goes on living. For once I want to see a blind man in a shounen coping with the disease realistically instead of just gaining superpowers from his other senses being heightened. >_>
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 22:18   Link #1223
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, I agree on both accounts. And if Roy does stay blind and survives, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how he copes with his blindness and goes on living. For once I want to see a blind man in a shounen coping with the disease realistically instead of just gaining superpowers from his other senses being heightened. >_>
Yeah. It'll be some more good character development on Roy's part. I'd love to see him continue to strive even with his new disability, because well, it's like him, right?

I love how FMA's avoiding every Shounen cliche so far...
Old 2009-12-15, 23:55   Link #1224
Who

FMA's pretty much seinen on a leash.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 23:06   Link #1225
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think he wants them to open the five different Gates of truth at the five locations of the transmutation circle, so this will probably open another even bigger Gate.
That's what I've been thinking, too.

Ahh, I can't take it anymore! I wanna know now! It's been bugging me, especially lately since I was expecting to find out his plans this month, now we have to wait even longer. Hopefully it will all be revealed in January, it'd make a nice birthday present for me, anyway lol. =]
Old 2009-12-18, 05:58   Link #1226
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

the ending to the last issue is insane. Al's body talking back to him as he leaves...

If Alphonse ever returned to his original body, it would only bring despair and ruin.

He underestimated the power of his real body. He's going to get his body back during the final battle. Al + his scrawny body = ultimate level alchemist. Telekinesis, matter transmutation at distance, teleportation, levitation. Dr. Manhattan and Akira on steroids.

Roy's vision will come back. It's either the blindness is temporary or it gets fixed. <cough> Hohenheim <cough> If he gets fixed by Hohenheim he'll be sporting an eyepatch. Hohenheim would take the remaining parts of both eyes and make him a new one. Then again, that would be TOO OBVIOUS with making him look like he did in the first anime series. Hohenheim may just fixed both if the blindness isn't temporary.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 06:24   Link #1227
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Hohenheim is "believed" to be the father of eastern Alkhestry (rentanjutsu). If father were the source of Alchemy, Hohenheim would be the source of power for Alkhestry.

Anyhow, neither of that can be true because Xerxes alchemy created fathers original homunculus form and led to the creation of the original alchemist stones. Alchemy, Alkhestry, or the real "magic" is derived from something else.

I'm getting a weird feeling this could all go The Matrix or Xenogears on us. What if nothing they are doing is real? What if everyone in Amestris is just a recycled soul of the people killed on Xerxes? Father regretted what he did and in order to not be alone, he just plays this game?

Oh yeah... how did Hohenheim... being this living philosophers stone... father two normal human children? If Hohenheim can create life like this, could father do the same?

What if the father we know is not father? What if Father is Amestris? What if he's lied to everyone, he's been looking for the same thing Hohenheim has... DEATH. He wants to recreate Xerxes, the way it was. What if he misses the good old days when he was just a homunculus and Hohenheim was just a boy? What if he misses their "brotherly" relationship? What if it mirrors that of Al and Ed? A disembodied soul without a body and a boy?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 15:08   Link #1228
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I am suddenly reminded why it is that that I am very happy that Hideaki Anno is not involved in any way with Fullmetal Alchemist...

Also, hello, "edit" button? Use it.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2009-12-18 at 16:49. Reason: spelling
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 15:18   Link #1229
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Hohenheim is "believed" to be the father of eastern Alkhestry (rentanjutsu). If father were the source of Alchemy, Hohenheim would be the source of power for Alkhestry.

Anyhow, neither of that can be true because Xerxes alchemy created fathers original homunculus form and led to the creation of the original alchemist stones. Alchemy, Alkhestry, or the real "magic" is derived from something else.

I'm getting a weird feeling this could all go The Matrix or Xenogears on us. What if nothing they are doing is real? What if everyone in Amestris is just a recycled soul of the people killed on Xerxes? Father regretted what he did and in order to not be alone, he just plays this game?

Oh yeah... how did Hohenheim... being this living philosophers stone... father two normal human children? If Hohenheim can create life like this, could father do the same?

What if the father we know is not father? What if Father is Amestris? What if he's lied to everyone, he's been looking for the same thing Hohenheim has... DEATH. He wants to recreate Xerxes, the way it was. What if he misses the good old days when he was just a homunculus and Hohenheim was just a boy? What if he misses their "brotherly" relationship? What if it mirrors that of Al and Ed? A disembodied soul without a body and a boy?
uh... what?
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 11:14   Link #1230
Sannom

Quote:
Another question/doubt I've always had in mind when it comes to FMA was what is the true nature of Amestris' alchemy?

Scar's brother said "There's something strange about this country's alchemy.

Ling also said "There's something strange about this country."

Envy told Ed and Al when they couldn't use alchemy "Really, when it comes to these lower life forms... As soon as they obtain great power, they become delighted and over-eager. They continue using it without even knowing what it is!"

And then Marcoh explained in chapter 67 how alchemy worked, that it was based on the fluctuations of the Earth's crust, but then May said "Rather than the fluctuations of the Earth's crust, this power that flows under our feet... It feels like a great number of people are squirming around."

I mean all of that sounds pretty mysterious and ominous, no?

Could it simply be that Father himself is the source of Amestris' alchemy? >_> That certainly would explain why he can turn it on and off at his whim, lol.
I personaly believe that Renkinjutsu and Rentanjutsu both use soul energy to function, but that Rentanjutsu uses a natural flow created by the return of one's energy to the earth when (s)he dies, while Renkinjutsu uses an artificial flow created by Father's philosopher stone.

Quote:
Indeed. Well if Mustang does become Fuhrer and the country becomes a democracy, then naturally the Ishvalans will finally be acknowledged and accepted again.

As for Scar, no matter what, he'd still have to be tried for all the murders he commited on his quest for revenge. Which is why I'm thinking he won't make it to the ending. >_>
I believe that Scar will survive somehow, choosing exile over death, perhaps going to Xing to help May.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm kinda worried about his fight against Wrath... I'm not sure whether Scar would be the one to bring the guy down. I still hope Roy gets to kill Wrath, although now it's even more unlikely than ever. Bradley did so much nasty stuff to Roy that it just wouldn't be right if someone else got to finish him off.
Hey, remember that Wrath did order, lead and organize the whole genocide of Scar's people. Their confrontation seem more fitting than the one of Wrath and Mustang to me. Especially after we've seen how one-sided that fight would have been

We also used to think that Scar will finish Kimblee off. Well, I believe that Scar utterly crushed him when he escaped with Winry, literally looking down on Kimblee who turned berserk as a result. The inversion, both physically and mentally, of their position is such a great victory for Scar! After this, the one obsessed with the other was not Scar but Kimblee. And the Crimson Alchemist didn't even get the satisfaction of trying to even that score, I love it! Kimblee's humiliation and defeat was total, fitting for the trash he is
Sannom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 01:54   Link #1231
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well just caught up on last 4 chapters and God, Old Man Fu is one bad ass Old Geezer. I hope the anime does his fight justice cause if it doesn't heads are gonna roll, hell they better do the whole Bradley fight justice!

Ch 100 was something else for me, couldn't quite believed what happened at the end, sorta had the feeling something bad just not that bad. Made me go all "EEEEKKK!!!" like.
Then ch 101 had me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen to Mrs Mustang through out(gotta add that not many series have ever had me on edge before like so, was harrowing stuff) but thank god for cute lolis
Old 2010-01-02, 02:19   Link #1232
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannom View Post
We also used to think that Scar will finish Kimblee off. Well, I believe that Scar utterly crushed him when he escaped with Winry, literally looking down on Kimblee who turned berserk as a result. The inversion, both physically and mentally, of their position is such a great victory for Scar! After this, the one obsessed with the other was not Scar but Kimblee. And the Crimson Alchemist didn't even get the satisfaction of trying to even that score, I love it! Kimblee's humiliation and defeat was total, fitting for the trash he is
But Roy didn't even get that kind of victory from Wrath. I really hope Roy gets to prove to Wrath his strength and that he's worthy to take the place of Furher... even though he's blind and as holes in his hands.
Old 2010-01-02, 03:01   Link #1233
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well just caught up on last 4 chapters and God, Old Man Fu is one bad ass Old Geezer. I hope the anime does his fight justice cause if it doesn't heads are gonna roll, hell they better do the whole Bradley fight justice!

Ch 100 was something else for me, couldn't quite believed what happened at the end, sorta had the feeling something bad just not that bad. Made me go all "EEEEKKK!!!" like.
Then ch 101 had me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen to Mrs Mustang through out(gotta add that not many series have ever had me on edge before like so, was harrowing stuff) but thank god for cute lolis
Willing to bet that the anime will do justice and beyond that. This is BONES we're talking about.

...I'm just a BONES fanboy right now after watching Sword of the Stranger.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 06:51   Link #1234
Sannom

Quote:
But Roy didn't even get that kind of victory from Wrath. I really hope Roy gets to prove to Wrath his strength and that he's worthy to take the place of Furher... even though he's blind and as holes in his hands.
There is not a heavy history between Bradley and Mustang as there was between Scar and Kimblee. Wrath doesn't have a beef or a rivalry with a particular character, he is so above the rest of the cast in term of power and capacity to keep his cool that no character get the honor to be the one Wrath "chose" as an opponent.

Plus, Roy has proven his strength, multiple times. It's just that he is not match for Bradley. Which is nothing to be ashamed of, since nobody can claim to be able to fight on even grounds with him.

Now, Bradley will probably be offed by the name who shares the most traits with him : no name, both are hard-trained warriors, both are ruthless and straight-forward, both don't really have a motivation to go further.
Old 2010-01-02, 12:16   Link #1235
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannom View Post
There is not a heavy history between Bradley and Mustang as there was between Scar and Kimblee. Wrath doesn't have a beef or a rivalry with a particular character, he is so above the rest of the cast in term of power and capacity to keep his cool that no character get the honor to be the one Wrath "chose" as an opponent.

Plus, Roy has proven his strength, multiple times. It's just that he is not match for Bradley. Which is nothing to be ashamed of, since nobody can claim to be able to fight on even grounds with him.

Now, Bradley will probably be offed by the name who shares the most traits with him : no name, both are hard-trained warriors, both are ruthless and straight-forward, both don't really have a motivation to go further.
And assuming Wrath goes down in the near future, which is likely, it won't have been any one person who took him down. A number of people were involved in (nearly) dropping a train on him, Fu got a few good licks in, Buccaneer skewered him (with the help of Fu, admittedly), Greed took his Eye, and presumably Scar will get the deathblow. "Death by a thousand cuts" indeed.

Arakawa-sensei has written a recipe for how to go down in the annals of badassery...
Old 2010-01-02, 13:00   Link #1236
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
And assuming Wrath goes down in the near future, which is likely, it won't have been any one person who took him down. A number of people were involved in (nearly) dropping a train on him, Fu got a few good licks in, Buccaneer skewered him (with the help of Fu, admittedly), Greed took his Eye, and presumably Scar will get the deathblow. "Death by a thousand cuts" indeed.

Arakawa-sensei has written a recipe for how to go down in the annals of badassery...
One of the many things that makes Arakawa so awesome. A lot of times authors tell us how powerful villains are but when push comes to shove when they go against the hero they are always beaten in the end. With Bradley we know he will be beaten but look how many people it took to take him down.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 03:35   Link #1237
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Wow..... all the questions we've been wondering about in the last few chapters were voiced by Ed in chapter 103.
Refreshing considering so many manga simply brute force plotholes and brush them off.

Spoiler:

I wonder if this means Scar has finally gotten over the hatred of alchemy for being unnatural.

Last edited by aohige; 2010-01-06 at 03:52. Reason: spellin, grammar, w/e
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 05:58   Link #1238
Haladflire65
*Artist

Anyone know where we can get the raw? It is a bit early...
Old 2010-01-06, 06:05   Link #1239
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Spoiler:
It does seem like it, yes.
Everything we've seen in the series suggests Scar's bro was the greatest (mortal) alchemist to live the earth.
He can create all-purpose transmutation formula, he was the first to realize what's wrong with the alchemy in Amestris, and even created a counter for it...
State Alchemists have nothing on that bad boy.
Old 2010-01-06, 14:05   Link #1240
Sannom

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Chapter 103: