AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-20, 20:47   Link #181
Midrange
Betwixt tweet and woof

Is it just me or is Koizumi playing a part in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead?
Old 2006-06-20, 20:51   Link #182
DwArD
mAnIaC

Just watch the subbed episode. Looooooved this episode as we get to see another side of Haruhi. I was feeling kinda moody too when Haruhi's feeling moody but I'm glad she's back to her old self in the end. Seems like the only person that can influence Haruhi is Kyon. She seems to recover extremely fast when Kyon is with her. And yeah, I gotta agree the songs were pretty decent. I just can't stop listening to them now!
Old 2006-06-20, 21:16   Link #183
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Good episode, I gave it a 9.

Prob saying the same things others have said.

More KyonxHaruhi development, as expected. But I really liked how they portrayed the different sides of Haruhi. She was so moody this episode. I think she wants to be seen with Kyon more and wants other's to see them as a couple now, even if she won't say it. That's why she had Kyon come up with her when she was talking to the other girls. And then at the end she turned around so quick when with Kyon. Good episode over all.

Oh, and I really liked the music, who didn't?
Old 2006-06-20, 21:17   Link #184
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ive also just watched the subs and it seemed to have confused me a bit...throughout the ep suzumiya seemed out of place...not her usual self...why is that? why is it that when she is being praised/appreciated she goes all moody? felt a bit depressing to me...even so a definate 10 seeing she was fine at the end...the grass bit was very cute ^^ shes hugable XD

ps...loved the song!!! cnt get enough of it...must have it...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-06-20, 21:21   Link #185
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
ive also just watched the subs and it seemed to have confused me a bit...throughout the ep suzumiya seemed out of place...not her usual self...why is that? why is it that when she is being praised/appreciated she goes all moody? felt a bit depressing to me...even so a definate 10 seeing she was fine at the end...the grass bit was very cute ^^ shes hugable XD

ps...loved the song!!! cnt get enough of it...must have it...
I don't think being praised was the only cause of it. But it seems it helped. I think she saw that she doesn't have to wild things to have fun. She saw that people will like her if she just helps them out. It made her think about what she has been doing all this time, and what she has been doing with her life. She got thinking about those sort of things and made herself depressed I guess. But, Kyon cheered her up quickly it seems by just being near her.
Old 2006-06-20, 21:26   Link #186
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ true point...thats why you shouldnt think about anything...its bad for you health i think she should just carry on charging forward and do wht she wants...god i so want that song for my mp3 XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-06-20, 21:35   Link #187
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah I liked the first song (VERY surprising) but not the second one that's for sure. The first one was done in a different voice than Haruhi's normal one kind of like Mylene's were in Macross 7, its a safe-guard against having a squeaky main character like Mylene or nasal character like Haruhi do a song that would make your ears bleed, which is what the second song did for me since it was in Haruhi's regular voice (I don't think she tried as hard on the second one). I think I mostly like the first song because to me it sounds like a vocal version of Invisible A.S (Assassin) the Alegrias theme from SRW Alpha 3 which is my favorite original song in the game tied with Another Time Diver and Gun of Dis, but it has its own merits, maybe someday it will make it onto one of my custom discs.
Old 2006-06-20, 21:44   Link #188
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Also, because Haruhi avoided "normal" things all the time by fruitlessly searching for extraordinary things, she probably feels like she missed out on a lot now.
Old 2006-06-20, 21:56   Link #189
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(problem is the "normal" things that she is 'missing out' aren't all that normal... depending on what your definiton of normal is. If it's the 'normal' things that Kyon does that would be 'abnormal' to teen stereotypical behaviours.)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-20, 21:56   Link #190
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Well, I noticed a couple things.

Everything gets more ridiculous, and I love it.

Haruhi plays a Rickenbacker guitar, Its a 300 series. Very expensive.

Yuki obviously plays a white Gibson, I think its a SG, but the pick board was the same color.

The bassist had a Fender, I think. Yawn.

But I liked how the music was animated very accurately! I checked the frets and bar chords Haruhi played, and the beginning solo and most chord were good!

So far, this is my favorite. 10.
Old 2006-06-20, 21:58   Link #191
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
wow what a an incrediable episode i mean damn. Haruhi in a bunny suit rocking it out with a guitar like she owned the place of course i gave it a 10 anyone who does not give this episode a 10 you have no heart. The ending scene with Kyon and her was a nice touch to see them in a nice serious quiet moment. Haruhi-ism lives on another day just to a rockin beat now
Old 2006-06-20, 22:00   Link #192
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
(problem is the "normal" things that she is 'missing out' aren't all that normal... depending on what your definiton of normal is. If it's the 'normal' things that Kyon does that would be 'abnormal' to teen stereotypical behaviours.)
Yeah, Kyon gets caught up in some weird stuff
I mean like all the clubs she dropped, for one. She may be thinking now that they may have been fun if she'd given them a proper chance.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:01   Link #193
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
wow what a an incrediable episode i mean damn. Haruhi in a bunny suit rocking it out with a guitar like she owned the place of course i gave it a 10 anyone who does not give this episode a 10 you have no heart. The ending scene with Kyon and her was a nice touch to see them in a nice serious quiet moment. Haruhi-ism lives on another day just to a rockin beat now
My heart is as cold and black as Ebony.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:09   Link #194
cipotlar

hey guys, anybody knows the name of the orchestra/symphony music played when Kyon first entered the music hall? It sounds veryyyyy familiar
Old 2006-06-20, 22:12   Link #195
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Good episode, I gave it a 9.

Prob saying the same things others have said.

More KyonxHaruhi development, as expected. But I really liked how they portrayed the different sides of Haruhi. She was so moody this episode. I think she wants to be seen with Kyon more and wants other's to see them as a couple now, even if she won't say it. That's why she had Kyon come up with her when she was talking to the other girls. And then at the end she turned around so quick when with Kyon. Good episode over all.

I got the impression that Haruhi didn't want to talk to the band for some reason (fear? shyness?), and Kyon's reassuring presence was enough for her to face her fears and talk to the band (where she found out that she had nothing to worry about!).
Old 2006-06-20, 22:20   Link #196
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
The first song felt weird. I just couldn't match the voice with Haruhi the character.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:22   Link #197
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipotlar
hey guys, anybody knows the name of the orchestra/symphony music played when Kyon first entered the music hall? It sounds veryyyyy familiar
I've played in Concert/Symphonic bands for 7 years, but I've never heard that song before. I don't think it's something from anime/game music literature although I could be wrong (unlikely). It's probably an authentic symphonic band song; which I think could likely be written by a local Japanese composer.. but the sample is too short for me to judge more accurately.

So, unless you're in the symphonic music scene, I think your sense of familiarity is deja vu
Old 2006-06-20, 22:22   Link #198
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipotlar
It was Zelda-ish music.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:24   Link #199
Anime Online

Another excellent episode from KyoAni!

Memorable moments of the anime goes to :
- Yuki : Fortune telling alien and rockin' guitar performance!
- Haruhi : From the sweat-plastered strands of hair clinging her face to the bunny girl costume to her belting out an audience-rousing vocal performance, she's just great!
- Itsuki : Woah, his class is doing the play "Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead", which presents a worm's-eyeview of the classical tragedy, Shakespeare's Hamlet!
- Mai : Girl playing bass = too sexy
- Kyon : for being there for Haruhi during the last scene

[EDIT]

Oh, and honorable mention goes to :
- Nekkoman : They are everywhere, I tell you! Everywhere!

Last edited by Anime Online; 2006-06-20 at 22:38.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:38   Link #200
Ardee

What in the world was that giant ogre-like thing that walked by Kyon at 2:25 right after the OP? The crook of its arm looks to be a foot above Kyon's and he's pretty tall. Unless the arms were fake (and it didn't look like it) it would be hard for a person to wear that costume. A real alien perhaps? :-)
Closed Thread