AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 15:08   Link #121
4Tran

The Gundam 00 movie is funded by Gundam-bucks, and Macross Frontier sold a bazillion copies with even more in other merchandise. Star Driver's first volume sold very well, I think it was somewhere around 15,000 discs while it's last ones sold much far worse. I imagine the first bit prompted the movie while the second bit made them scale it back.
Old 2013-02-19, 17:56   Link #122
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

True. The budget they had to work with is a huge factor.
Old 2013-02-22, 08:57   Link #123
Key Board
Carbon

sadly, it's not the first movie to do this

Japan, stop making compilation movies with rehashed scenes.

Seriously.. it's unethical. A motion picture should be 100% new footage. period.

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 14:06   Link #124
faiz blaster

The movie's DVD/Blue-Ray supposedly came out on Japan today. Anybody knows if there are if there are any talks going on about it already?
Old 2013-08-23, 04:06   Link #125
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
The movie's DVD/Blue-Ray supposedly came out on Japan today. Anybody knows if there are if there are any talks going on about it already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
There are 5 new enemy Cybodies, the new Tauburn, and new costumes for the 3 main characters and the other 3 maidens. It's all part of the elaborate opening sequence in Shinjuku which is about 5-10 minutes long and mostly action. From what I heard, that's about it.
The new scenes are pretty much this, the movie itself is a recap of the TV series.

The movie starts with a scene where Tauburn with 5 Cybodies in Shinjuku (lol @ Pocket Samekh ), OP starts playing then it goes into recap of TV series, and ending it with a scene where Takuto, Sugata, and Wako meeting the other Maidens in Shinjuku which I guess leads to the scene before the OP.

I wonder if the new scenes are some kind of scrapped 2nd season idea.

Last edited by melina_putri; 2013-08-23 at 06:08.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 04:32   Link #126
AleX_MytH

Welp, there's a crazy rumor that second season will air next spring. But since other predictions from this guy turned out to be somehow true (Tenkai Knights is really "international release first", just as he said; Space Dandy isn't IRF, but it had kind of "international announce first"; so on), we have a slight hope.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 08:14   Link #127
zztop

Is the Star Driver movie worth watching, or am I better off watching the original TV series?

I read some reviews which said the series' events flows better, and is easier to understand, in condensed movie format rather than its original TV episodes run. Is this true?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 10:19   Link #128
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

I'll watch it tonight and let you know if I agree with this statement.

Edit : Okay. I was really please with the opening and closing scenes. New material is always welcome.
Nunna (Fish girl's cybody) gets a proper design. It's gorgeous but doesn't really make sense since her seal is suppose to prevent anybody to enter 2nd phase.
But hey, I won't complain that much.

Regarding the pace... Well IMO it's too much information to handle.
Watching Takuto blast several Cybodies in a row is helping a bit I guess, instead of cutting the plot every 10 min...
But some fights are missing... Especally the Ayingott part.

I recommand watching the TV format and then the movie for the additionnal content.
Or else you'll miss some interesting scenes.

Last edited by Sageblink; 2013-08-30 at 18:03.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aniplex, bones, kiraboshi, star_driver