AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 14:34   Link #3981
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Suddenly I have thoughts of Syn meeting up with Vivio post battle and seeing the Army of the Holy King just finishing off the enemy. When she finally reunites with Vivio, Syn isn't too happy with the presence of a certain Knight standing closely to her friend.

Syn VS Noland, GO.
Army of the Holy King? Noland?

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 14:38   Link #3982
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
That are definitely some interessting thoughts.

But why some kind of translation device?

As we know all mages that came to N-M 97th World had Devices: Yuuno had Raising Heart, Fate Bardich etc.
The translation could be done by the Devices themself, no need for something extra.

Or maybe it's not something technical, but something magical.
As we remember how Yuuno teached Nanoha how to speak with him telepathicaly "through her heart", maybe it's even the Linker Core that can handel the translation.
Hmm, that's another idea, the Devices handling the translation =3. Though regarding the "heart-to-heart communication" via LC, he did talked to her verbally before showing her how to do it telepathically =3. Of course, this could be resolved by the aforementioned Device=Translator theory =3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... I'm gonna go ahead and not tough the language thing with a ten-foot pole if you don't mind. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I'm usually not that hardcore on details myself, I think =3.

The problem is that we're planning to have two non-Gaians stay in the Takamachi household (both below 15). Though one could always fall back on the "one language to rule them all" card, I personally cannot help but wring my hands on the ridiculous thought that two people who have absolutely no experience with Gaian culture beforehand to be able to speak a new language without too much problems. It's so..... unconvincing to the logical mind . Especially when my worldview (for Nanohaverse) states that the only common language is death and even that has a number of unique dialects.

Anyway, I probably won't go too deep into it. Just wanted to throw out an idea as food for some thought =3.

Quote:
Suddenly I have thoughts of Syn meeting up with Vivio post battle and seeing the Army of the Holy King just finishing off the enemy. When she finally reunites with Vivio, Syn isn't too happy with the presence of a certain Knight standing closely to her friend.

Syn VS Noland, GO.
Do it for great justice! >=3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 14:47   Link #3983
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:

Syn VS Noland, GO.
Do it.

NAO

Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 14:47   Link #3984
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Perhaps you should look at what this thread represents. You'd know if you had read the two shorts I had written both here and in the fanfiction thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Do it for great justice! >=3
Hmmmm...

/me goes to write a bit.
Old 2008-09-30, 14:50   Link #3985
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:

Lately? I never go to IRC. :3

Join the fun~~~~~ :3
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 15:00   Link #3986
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
krisslanza is our local chewtoy. And a succubus' smextoy.

Spoiler for kriss is the second from the right. Her wife is on the floor.:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 15:38   Link #3987
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Perhaps you should look at what this thread represents. You'd know if you had read the two shorts I had written both here and in the fanfiction thread.

Hmmmm...

/me goes to write a bit.
Where might these "shorts" be, mind providing a link?

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 15:56   Link #3988
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Where might these "shorts" be, mind providing a link?
Here is the repository for my work here on AS. It also has the profiles for my original characters.

The shorts I speak of are Southern Cross and Northern Lights, but the others might interest you.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:57   Link #3989
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

Syn VS Noland, GO.
Yes please do want
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 18:21   Link #3990
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Sure, go ahead.
So we got the intro, the fanservice chappies of Keroko Week, and fanart. Now to run it through the translators.

Quote:

Keroko-kun:
... Did that model just talk?

Keroko-chan:
Models don't talk. Now hand me that bombardment template.

Keroko-kun: ... right.

Keroko-chan: You think I can get an S-20 AP-0 out of this?

Keroko-kun:
More likely 'instant death to anything under the template when anything over a 1 is thrown. No invulnerable saves'

Keroko-chan: Eh, that works too.
*Keeps squeaking about Space Marines are OP.*

Quote:
I can't even remember where it was posted... though it basically came down to it being called the Cradle because the Royal Family lived most of their lives in it. It was like their castle, fortress and battleship in one.
Yup then it fits very well with the new light shed by Nighty, which fulfills all 3 criteria because of special circumstances tied to canon history. Once you think of the Cradle once being a greater ship, with a smaller, detachable component, suddenly, theories that the Cradle was what destroyed Capitalis Belka and fractured the empire when we have this remnant works.

Of course I'm withholding some details so as not to spoil Codex Hexejaegers (Anita's)

Quote:
Here's a random thought of mine.

We have seen how easily Midchildans like Fate, Yuuno and the Arthra crew could verbally communicate with Gaian natives like Nanoha and etc. Barring the usual anime law that there is no language other than Japanese, I suspect that, after the establishment of the TSAB as an inter-world organisation, the demand for on-the-spot translation tools sharply peaked, for the sake of convenience and perhaps to avoid diplomatic incidents as shown in my "We come in peace!" example.

Our (in this case, me and him) suggestion is that the TSAB created simple and attachable translators (or refined existing ones) that allows their staff to understand foreign speech. One possible example could be translator chips or headsets (similar to those Bluetooth headsets) that can be painlessly attached to the user's head (near the temples) and convert foreign/native speech into data signals which would be further intepreted in the user's working tongue. When the user talks, this device would reverse the "input" process, sending a string of similar data signals embedded in the user's voice, which could be absorbed by the native, allowing him/her to understand what the user is saying without understanding the spoken words themselves, or creating the misconception that they share the same language when the truth is very much other-wise. Or the "output" could have been telepathic; while the user speaks, the device sends the signals directly to the target's brains. Either way (though I think the latter should be more plausible), it achieves the point of communication without over-reliance on possibly unreliable human translators (once again, my "We come in peace!" example or, for those who have read Hikaru no Go, the incident where the Korean make-shift translator unknowingly mis-translates a fairly harmless comment into what the Japanese (especially Hikaru) saw as a insult.

If the case is as I've described, this may explain why Fate could speak and understand Japanese speech while still getting dismal results for her language class (A's manga chapter 4). These devices could allow fluency in spoken communication, but when it comes to written language, that's where the user is left to his/her own. Also, while such gadgets would logically be available initially to TSAB Enforcers and other staff that handles inter-world dealings regularly, it is possible that over time the product has gone mainstream and commercial versions become accessible to civilians who make regular trips outside Midchilda, like businessmen or travelling scholars (Yuuno, perhaps?)

For the Wolkenritter, who could interact with the Gaians with equally ease, we believe that the Tome may have a function like the Throne of Heroes in Nasuverse, which provides the Knights with updates on the era and location of their awakening, allowing them to possess skills and knowledge necessary for interacting with their surroundings. Or, considering their status as programs tied to the Tome, it could also be possible that the updates could be continuous and done on a fixed schedule.

Of course, the simplest explanation would be everyone in question enjoy Doraemon's translation konjac on a regular basis .
My pet theory has always been that a subconcious magic routine built into devices fixed this problem. Devices are linked to the mages' minds so the psylink and instant feedback is accounted for. And when they were doing Gaian tests, to play fair the girls shut off that aspect of their devices, which causes the linguistic deficit.

Of course your theory works as well, except I do wonder if the girls like to have Codex fixed to them? I'm sure Octacon wouldn't mind but...

Quote:

Syn VS Noland, GO.
Is it just me, or does anyone think that this is going to turn out pretty hilarious rather than full of rage and emo?

Either way, do want.
Old 2008-09-30, 18:47   Link #3991
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Hmm, that's another idea, the Devices handling the translation =3. Though regarding the "heart-to-heart communication" via LC, he did talked to her verbally before showing her how to do it telepathically =3. Of course, this could be resolved by the aforementioned Device=Translator theory =3.
Well, actually Nanoha dreamed of Yuuno first. He called for help telepathically after failing to capture the berserk jewel seed and maybe some kind of connection was established between the two then.

Yes, he talked with her verbally before he teached her how to talk telepathically, but I was more refering to how the Linker Core could be able to translate itself.

But you are right. The more I think about it the more I disagree with my previous statement. I think not even everyone on Midchilda has a Linker Core, so Devices must be the way they are able to talk to people from other worlds.

Ah and for the Knights.
It don't has to be something omnipotent like the Throne of Heroes.
Remember the book was there since Hayate "could remember".

It was leeching from her for quit some time. Life and I think even knowledge.
So it's not really surprising that the Knights have knowledge about the japanese language and japanese culture (They even knew in wich hospital they could find Hayates doctor, taking in account that Hayate passt out befor saying a word.)
Old 2008-09-30, 18:55   Link #3992
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Well, actually Nanoha dreamed of Yuuno first. He called for help telepathically after failing to capture the berserk jewel seed and maybe some kind of connection was established between the two then.

Yes, he talked with her verbally before he teached her how to talk telepathically, but I was more refering to how the Linker Core could be able to translate itself.

But you are right. The more I think about it the more I disagree with my previous statement. I think not even everyone on Midchilda has a Linker Core, so Devices must be the way they are able to talk to people from other worlds.
Not 100% sure but wasn't it mentioned somewhere that everyone has a LC but it's just that most have not developed to a point where they are able to use magic?

Quote:
Ah and for the Knights.

So it's not really surprising that the Knights have knowledge about the japanese language and japanese culture (They even knew in wich hospital they could find Hayates doctor, taking in account that Hayate passt out befor saying a word.)
Kinda like Kero-chan picking up his Osaka accent when the Book of Clow was there for a few decades
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:11   Link #3993
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

Syn VS Noland, GO.
Fuck YES do it.

Quote:
This is the Nanoha OC Thread, darling. Noland is an OC, a former Knight of Belka who was one of the Sankt Kaiser's most trusted companions before he pulled a Horus on her and they killed each other.

According to Tempest's fanon, anyway.

And I personally feel it can be either emo or lulz... wait.

Noland/Syn/Vivio threesome! >:3

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:28   Link #3994
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Thanks for mutating/evolving the mental image into the Shiro/Sakura/Rider illusionary threesome win!!! >=3
Old 2008-09-30, 19:28   Link #3995
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
I can't even remember where it was posted... though it basically came down to it being called the Cradle because the Royal Family lived most of their lives in it. It was like their castle, fortress and battleship in one.
Fortress... or prison?

I've a hypothesis to share with you, fellow Cadians. Ever since the SSX History of Belka snippet got translated I've been playing around with an interpretation of Belka's history and I came to the conclusion that the Kaisers were no more in control of their Empire than the Emperor of Japan was in control of Japan during the Sengoku Era.

In truth, (according to this theory) the Kaiser was little more than a figurehead which Belka's generals (or shoguns, if you run with the Japanese history parallels) keep around to power the Cradle. This is why the ship's command center isn't the throne room; the Kaiser herself wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the ship's controls.

The royal line, descended from a lost Forerunner of Al Hazard, is maintained on a controlled level by the generals and their immediate subordinates because the Kaiser allows the usage of the Cradle, which is Belka's most infamous superweapon and ultimate trump card in a military engagement. The Saint's Armor is engineered into each Kaiser as insurance against sabotage and suicide attempts by the enslaved Kaisers. Meanwhile the fact that the Kaisers never leave the Cradle allows the generals to speak for them to the general public, on the grounds that "her divine holiness is too awesome to appear before the common masses without breaking your puny peasant minds," or something to that effect.

The only soldiers allowed on the Cradle are the generals, the key command staff, and each general's most trusted aids and knights; Type-IV Gadgets and other automated defenses are used to repel boarding parties, and the Kaiser herself can be forced to fight by the Cradle's defense systems, which use the Kaiser--even when she's too young to fight, as we saw in StrikerS--as a conduit and focusing device for energy redirected from the Cradle's Linker Reactors, providing the Kaiser with a limitless supply of magic so long as the reserve reactors are functional.

The Sankt Kaiser wars following the destruction of Belka actually began as a revolt by loyalist forces in support of the Kaiser. These forces, lead by "the great traitor" General Signum Louvuress and her loyal cadre of knights, the Wolkenritter, successfully severed the Kaiser's bonds and set about putting her back in power in the aftermath of Belka's fall and the scattering of Signum's fellow generals across the Empire's territory. When the truth of the Kaiser's predicament for innumerable generations past came to light, the people of Belka rallied around her in a way no political figure in any history has ever experienced. This support had the people of Belka hanging on the Kaiser's every word, and eventually had her deified at some point, leading to the creation of the Saint Church, which is based on principles the Kaiser preached during her life.

Quote:
Che. And it was so much fun too.
It'll be more fun now that I'm actually making progress on it. :3

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 19:30   Link #3996
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Noland deserves Harem Effect.

Also... I'm not sure if anyone saw the retuned profile for Franz but Sheba, Xena and Nighty will see it and understand what's going on and what's going to happen.

Yep, I'm gonna write backstory stuff for Franz. And it's gonna be... well, we'll just see.

Edit: Yes, guys, Imma gonna havta nerf a fair bit. And yes, I'm starting to move slowly away from Franz being a joke character.

And yes, Sheba, at some point, Vietnam War Guy will show up.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 21:17   Link #3997
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Comar's theory holds water, only to the point where we don't have an Emperor's cult today. My point being, how does a trapped Kaiser have such an influence if she is only an illusion all the way? Why hard-code a powerful weapon into a person, when you can hard-code a fully obedient longer-serving cyborg?

And with oppression and control rampant, we'd have a semi-sceptical populace rather than a Saint Church in MC0075.

My theory's rather similar to yours, on the inside, think of it as the story underneath the Bible (I'm not saying this is true of the Gaian Bible, but raising an example.) More details in Sakura Zaki's profile.
Old 2008-09-30, 21:28   Link #3998
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
(°_o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Thanks for mutating/evolving the mental image into the Shiro/Sakura/Rider illusionary threesome win!!! >=3
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
( ゚д゚) ...
Old 2008-10-01, 00:21   Link #3999
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
My pet theory has always been that a subconcious magic routine built into devices fixed this problem. Devices are linked to the mages' minds so the psylink and instant feedback is accounted for. And when they were doing Gaian tests, to play fair the girls shut off that aspect of their devices, which causes the linguistic deficit.

Of course your theory works as well, except I do wonder if the girls like to have Codex fixed to them? I'm sure Octacon wouldn't mind but...
Quote:

I think both theories (translator chips/headsets/etc, and Device=Translator) can work hand-in-hand. For non-magi, we can apply the former; for magi, the latter =3.

Quote:
Ah and for the Knights.

Hmm, quite so.

Btw a month or so back, some of us in IRC did have a fun idea how the Knights found out where her doctor is. Something about a large poster with a sexy doctor in bikini (phone number attached of course) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Kinda like Kero-chan picking up his Osaka accent when the Book of Clow was there for a few decades
It would be fun if the Tome was a bit more thorough and made the entire Yagami-ke talk in Kansai-ben though . Though that might downplay Hayate's unique charm .

Quote:
Also... I'm not sure if anyone saw the retuned profile for Franz but Sheba, Xena and Nighty will see it and understand what's going on and what's going to happen.

Yep, I'm gonna write backstory stuff for Franz. And it's gonna be... well, we'll just see.

Edit: Yes, guys, Imma gonna havta nerf a fair bit. And yes, I'm starting to move slowly away from Franz being a joke character.

And yes, Sheba, at some point, Vietnam War Guy will show up.
Good news, this >=3.

Quote:

Quote:
(°_o)

Quote:
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
( ゚д゚) ...

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 02:30   Link #4000
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
(°_o)

щ(゚Д゚щ)

( ゚д゚) ...
If someone was wondering whether there was any more win coming out of that idea, it had to be this post.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content