AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 16:36   Link #1241
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Is that the one where they aired the first two eps together and was a week ahead?
I believe so. Isn't there only one channel airing on Sat. who is ahead of the other channels by one episode? By the official website, the channel resting is 中部日本放送(CBC).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 16:47   Link #1242
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I believe so. Isn't there only one channel airing on Sat. who is ahead of the other channels by one episode? By the official website, the channel resting is 中部日本放送(CBC).
Ah thanks, I did not keep up with which channel was airing when so I was not really sure.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 17:40   Link #1243
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
LMAO its too late to save you my friend you have been Cheaglized theres no return for you.

omg the MODS are seriously going to start beating us if we dont stop lol.
OMG. Everything you guys say is so true. I've been cheagalized for too long now. Thanks for opening my eyes! I will never return to that cute, fluffy side of evil.

On a more serious note, even if there is no ToA episode this week (awww), they will do a back to back two episodes the following week. ToA will still be ahead by one episode in comparison to all the other animes. I don't get the point... maybe I'm missing something here?

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 21:11   Link #1244
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh well even without an episode there are always the cheagles to talk about .

I'm sure there will still be plenty to talk about.
Old 2008-11-13, 22:02   Link #1245
Narona
Emotionless White Face

no episode this week?

... v____v ...
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 23:56   Link #1246
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

TotA is on 6 stations -
MBS, CBC: Airs TotA on Saturdays, CBC like 1hr after MBS.
Tokyo MX: Airs TotA on Fridays.
BS-11, Animax: Started airing way later.
Bandai Channel: Web channel, episodes go on the BC later than MBS/CBC but earlier than BS-11/Animax.

The first week TotA aired, Tokyo MX aired ep1 on Friday, but then MBS and CBC did dual airings of 1+2 on Saturday. Since then, MBS and CBC have been 1 week ahead. This weekend, CBC is not airing TotA, but MBS is. Next week, CBC will air 8+9 together to make up for missing the airing this week, then it will be back on sync with MBS.

Kinda lol'ing that you guys are so worried about CBC not airing it... The non-logo removed raws I see for TotA are from MBS, never have CBC logo.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 00:02   Link #1247
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Hurray!!!

Throw a +rep as a present

Thanks for the info
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 00:05   Link #1248
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Once you find out what the deal is with Luke, the whole "listening to Van above all others" thing will make perfect sense.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 09:25   Link #1249
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Is it me..or is Luke starting to be gay because of Van?
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 09:35   Link #1250
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Is it me..or is Luke starting to be gay because of Van?
Sigh hit yourself in the head 3 times really HARD then think about that question again.
Old 2008-11-14, 10:22   Link #1251
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Once you find out what the deal is with Luke, the whole "listening to Van above all others" thing will make perfect sense.
No that should already make sense now, as it has been mentioned before, Van was essentially the only person who gave Luke the time of day and taught him how to fight. For someone who is basically a prisoner in his own home, Van gave him the one thing that took his mind off it. Not to mention that from Luke's point of view, currently everyone in the party is keeping things from him and keeping him out of the loop. Sure he was acting like a brat but the party is also alienating him as well and basically pushing him closer to Van.

Knowing what the deal is with Luke would explain his attitude but his connection with Van is already very obvious.
Old 2008-11-14, 10:45   Link #1252
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Sigh hit yourself in the head 3 times really HARD then think about that question again.
Rofl. Ha-ha- Just saying. But he's really annoying now. But hey, at least he can fight.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 10:47   Link #1253
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Rofl. Ha-ha- Just saying. But he's really annoying now. But hey, at least he can fight.
Yeah it'd really suck if he was being so annoying and cowering in a corner. Yelling, "defend your ambassador" and things like that . Definitely getting better in a fight. Though is kind of a bad combination to have that mindset and some power.
Old 2008-11-14, 11:20   Link #1254
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Regardless though, I think there are people that will always find something to bitch about with Luke.
Old 2008-11-14, 12:40   Link #1255
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Regardless though, I think there are people that will always find something to bitch about with Luke.
Well yeah, but when you look through his eyes and the whole ''home prisoner'' kinda thing, no wonder you will be like that. Although I'm not sure how people will react to his personality latter in the series.
Old 2008-11-14, 16:00   Link #1256
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah it'd really suck if he was being so annoying and cowering in a corner. Yelling, "defend your ambassador" and things like that . Definitely getting better in a fight. Though is kind of a bad combination to have that mindset and some power.
I'm trying to remember, but did the conversation with Tear about--

Spoiler for possible missing event after Luke kills a person for the first time:
make it in the anime?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 17:48   Link #1257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

Spoiler for possible missing event after Luke kills a person for the first time:
make it in the anime?
I think that made it into the anime when they were captured. Pretty much put as you live or you die, that's really all it comes down to on the battlefield.
Old 2008-11-14, 19:39   Link #1258
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Well yeah, but when you look through his eyes and the whole ''home prisoner'' kinda thing, no wonder you will be like that. Although I'm not sure how people will react to his personality latter in the series.
Well I have seen on gamefaqs how people still bitch about him so... But really yes Luke is likely the biggest asshat in the series right now but looking at it from his point of view he is basically constantly the ignorant one that needed things explained because his education was lacking and some people berate him for it. He is a spoiled brat for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

make it in the anime?
It did make it but they left out a skit that I thought was quite good as well when Jade wounded Largo on the Tartarus and Luke was questioning whether it was necessary to kill.

Spoiler for Game skit right after the Largo scene on Tartarus:

It is not really a spoiler for future events as they did not include it, unless I am suffering from a memory lapse.
Old 2008-11-14, 19:58   Link #1259
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Well I have seen on gamefaqs how people still bitch about him so... But really yes Luke is likely the biggest asshat in the series right now but looking at it from his point of view he is basically constantly the ignorant one that needed things explained because his education was lacking and some people berate him for it. He is a spoiled brat for a reason.
Was his education just lacking or was he simply unwilling to learn? I mean if the Natalia flashback was any indication attempts to rebuild his knowledge base were attempted. But as we saw from the start of the series he seemed far more interested in sword lessons than anything educational. Though can't really predict his whole situation just from that. Have to wonder why his parents didn't put more into forcing him to learn. Know he lost pretty much all his memories, but would have expected him to know more than he does. Though fact is that his purpose on some level is an excuse to explain things to the viewers/players.

There is only so much slack I personally feel like cutting him. Unless he wanted to learn a lot of things and no one wanted to help him. The environment he had after the memory loss is important. But can't just give Luke no responsibility for ending up with the attitude and personality he currently has.
Old 2008-11-14, 20:09   Link #1260
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Was his education just lacking or was he simply unwilling to learn? I mean if the Natalia flashback was any indication attempts to rebuild his knowledge base were attempted. But as we saw from the start of the series he seemed far more interested in sword lessons than anything educational. Though can't really predict his whole situation just from that. Have to wonder why his parents didn't put more into forcing him to learn. Know he lost pretty much all his memories, but would have expected him to know more than he does. Though fact is that his purpose on some level is an excuse to explain things to the viewers/players.

There is only so much slack I personally feel like cutting him. Unless he wanted to learn a lot of things and no one wanted to help him. The environment he had after the memory loss is important. But can't just give Luke no responsibility for ending up with the attitude and personality he currently has.
Well that is the thing, remember Guy mentioned that Luke did not even know how to speak their language. It was all they could do to teach him the common language they used, which is why he did not know Ancient Ispanian. Essentially he was like a baby that needed to be taught everything all over again. Coupled with the fact that he was confined and not allowed to venture outside the mansion you can understand his frustration and was just fed up with people telling him things he should know. Sword training was basically his only outlet and it was something Van provided.

You certainly do not have to cut him any slack if you do not wish to but you can see why he is like that and can understand where his attitude comes from.

Tags
fantasy