AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-01, 20:12   Link #5301
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Look at page 15 when Misaki is pointing her controller. There is an electric discharge and Mikoto just appear in front of Touma and Misaki sends a message to Touma on what to do.
Oh, I see it now.
Old 2013-09-01, 20:58   Link #5302
Pyromania

Yes, Mikoto can 'teleport' in this form.

It's kind of funny when you think about how she used to say Kuroko's ability would be really convenient for her to have.
Old 2013-09-01, 21:18   Link #5303
tsunade666

It looks like her teleport is like turning herself into an electric charge and move from point A to point B. So maybe instead of teleport a super speed like Negi? but her position doesn't look like a extreme speed but movement from different place a.k.a. teleportation.
Old 2013-09-01, 22:20   Link #5304
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

The Misaki and Dolly 4komas were translated and also some illustrations from the back of Volume 9.

Images
4koma
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Group

Images
Saten
Old 2013-09-01, 22:36   Link #5305
kagato3

Quote:
True level 6 isn't deemed to fail because its the goal of academy city. to reach level 6 but the sister project for accelerator is deem to fail because the goal there is to send the sister to extend the reach of artificial heaven.
It's questionable if the current generation of sisters would have been used for the AH project as it looks as if the WORST series was already lined up to take their place. The clones would also have become much more difficult to fight as the experiment went on as just like Accelerator they were level grinding as well it's very possible that they would have found the weaknesses that his powers have that Amata Kihara used forcing him to a state that would require him to awaken or die

edit about the 4komas:
Dear god Misaki is bad at sports.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-09-01, 22:51   Link #5306
whitecloud

Mikoto just gain the power from infamous...hahaha electricity teleport
Old 2013-09-01, 23:19   Link #5307
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
It looks like her teleport is like turning herself into an electric charge and move from point A to point B. So maybe instead of teleport a super speed like Negi? but her position doesn't look like a extreme speed but movement from different place a.k.a. teleportation.
It seems to be the case, it would be bad for Touma if instead having teleport Mikoto had electro travel like Fairy Tail's Laxus, he can move at lightning speeds while figthing. Of course Touma can brush it off as long as she keeps using power and not her body.
Old 2013-09-01, 23:30   Link #5308
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
True level 6 isn't deemed to fail because its the goal of academy city. to reach level 6 but the sister project for accelerator is deem to fail because the goal there is to send the sister to extend the reach of artificial heaven.

As for emotional stimulus... true too. I won't deny. The awakened state for Accelerator is different from Kakine. In their re matched battle. Kakine is wary on the emotional state of Accelerator. To much negative will result on black wings while the white wings is unknown but for Kakine we don't even know if his in continued awaken state or he needed to awaken again. His a complete different being after his rebirth.

The parameter's list is the limit the academy city planned for their student with minimum waste on their part but it doesn't mean that they can go beyond it. They just don't like to waste resources on the unknown so when Rikou reach the state that she can reach level 5. It still doesn't mean she can reach it on her own but we don't know for sure. For now, she is still level 4 and the city wants her back to turn her into level 5.

But is the emotional stimulus enough to make them reach the next level? because so far they are in half-way point.

Force anger for Mikoto? I don't know because I'm still skeptical in this whole awaken state. Is the emotional stimulus enough for her to reach the unreachable? because that would make the number 1 and 2 being special useless right? that's why even if I admit that everyone has a chance to awaken or reach level 5. I'm still wary to accept it because why will academy city label them that if that is their limits?

And I for one doesn't go shit with will power or never give up stupid motto So using emotional stimulus is not enough for me to convince to go power up. Its like the shounen stupid power up which is why I'm still skeptical on the whole awakening. It makes the story cheap for me.

That's why I kinda like Hamazura the king of luck and Touma the worst luck being their selves. Viva level 0
Why do you keep contradicting yourself? You admit to the emotional stimulus and then question it. Events in the series have grounded it in fact and I would appreciate it if you didn't compare it to those cheesy shounen power-ups.

They might seem similar, but the emotional stimulus we're talking about is on a completely different level, nothing like the hot-blooded shounen power-ups in DxD. To get black wings, you have to practically snap and go batshit crazy. White wings require an emotional epiphany that completely changes who you are.
Old 2013-09-02, 00:48   Link #5309
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

How is there a discussion about awakening when there's almost no information given about it from Kamachi >.>? (awakening isn't even a real term)
Old 2013-09-02, 00:56   Link #5310
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
The Misaki and Dolly 4komas were translated and also some illustrations from the back of Volume 9.

Images
Saten
What does it says? ( On a side note, she is really cute there )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
How is there a discussion about awakening when there's almost no information given about it from Kamachi >.>? (awakening isn't even a real term)
You know he will have to make it canon one day
Because, this is what happens with popular fan terms like those.
Old 2013-09-02, 01:38   Link #5311
SilverTalon

Doesn't say anything to do with Saten, just standard volume 9 on sale please enjoy stuff (ok technically her name is in there, but thats what it is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
Funny isn't it... and how people can be so absolutely sure who can and who can't and what the requirements are... Also some one said Mikoto had "partially awakened," is that even a thing? I mean awakening isn't actually a thing, its just a fan term. But I really don't see how you can say partially unless you can list specific requirements (which I doubt is possible) and then compare them to the case in hand and say they are only partially met. We have Accel and then Kakine who was awakened for 5 seconds and never did it since so I don't see how you can take 1 data point (Accel) and generalize a specific set of requirements to apply to every esper.

Quote:
I think your making a huge mistake here. The network isn't the one that allows Misaka to forcefully awaken. Its the imaginary sector or the artificial heaven forcefully put into her that allows her to transform. Your making a huge mistake if your thinking the connection of 10000 brains is enough for Misaka to transform. The artificial heaven is the collection of AIM in academy city. Its a collection of power. Its a TEMPLE OF POWER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Aren't you treating an speculation as if it was a fact already? We only know so far that Gensei used the network to create or use something and poured that on Mikoto. It's still unknown what it was though.
Yeah she(?) is just speculating. And honestly, I don't think its artificial heaven, but it was probably something similar. The novel where artificial heaven gets deployed on Vent gave me the impression that was the first time it was used. Of course that is just my speculation, but just like all the speculation over who Gensei's line last chapter was referring to, theres not enough information to prove either way.

Last edited by SilverTalon; 2013-09-02 at 01:55.
Old 2013-09-02, 13:15   Link #5312
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
The novel where artificial heaven gets deployed on Vent gave me the impression that was the first time it was used.
Actually, I believe that's wrong, the Imaginary Number District is not the same as Artificial Heaven. How it was worded, it seems the term ''Artificial Heaven'' is applied to when the whole Earth is covered in AIM fields, what was unleashed on Vento is the Imagine Number District, the alternate dimension of Academy City and prototype of the Artificial Heaven.
Old 2013-09-02, 14:13   Link #5313
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Actually, I believe that's wrong, the Imaginary Number District is not the same as Artificial Heaven. How it was worded, it seems the term ''Artificial Heaven'' is applied to when the whole Earth is covered in AIM fields, what was unleashed on Vento is the Imagine Number District, the alternate dimension of Academy City and prototype of the Artificial Heaven.
Uh yeah I think you're right. So this definitely wasn't AH either. Still, that novel gave me the impression it was the first time they had actually tried that. Gensei's previous line about Kiyama's research makes me think its something closer to that than Aleister's. Anyway, theres not really enough information to state what that was as a fact.
Old 2013-09-02, 16:31   Link #5314
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Uh yeah I think you're right. So this definitely wasn't AH either. Still, that novel gave me the impression it was the first time they had actually tried that. Gensei's previous line about Kiyama's research makes me think its something closer to that than Aleister's. Anyway, theres not really enough information to state what that was as a fact.
Now we have a long month... until we can finally see next chapter...

On another note I just finally got Volume 8 in English. It makes me want to get volume 9 when it comes out. The characters look so nice

So... I think speculation will do nothing at this point, but I will still hold my opinion that awakening with other espers is most likely possible and it just has to do with the settings of the AIM dispersion fields around a particular esper. I just feel like whether or not it will happen in the plot depends on whether those espers are important or not.

Also guys... if Kuroko gets controlled (I just thought of this), she can be used to teleport Mikoto into the windowless building!!!! Who else finds this interesting? Also, she can be fully controlled by Exterior. So... it could happen right? We'd finally get the question answered as to whether there are defenses of the building against teleportation because this was kind of implied before... I'm wondering as to whether this is plausible. Either way, it would be cool if it did happen.
Old 2013-09-02, 16:31   Link #5315
Pyromania

It remains pretty clear that what Mikoto 'absorbed' was the collected AIM of the espers in Academy City. The Sisters are able to 'shape' that AIM and that is one of the reasons they are so valuable. There doesn't really seem to be anything else it COULD be, and the AIM entering Mikoto would explain the power-up.
Old 2013-09-02, 17:11   Link #5316
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm surprised no one else found that Kuroko teleport possiblity interesting...

People were saying that Mikoto seemed to use super speed with her electron travel to do it. If that were true, then Kuroko could teleport her there, but whatever...
Old 2013-09-02, 18:27   Link #5317
R.D.Blax

Well, even if she can technically teleport inside the Windowless Building, that don't mean she can safely teleport inside it. So, they will either end up inside a wall, or worst, facing one of the "resident" of the building...

And even if they managed to teleport inside safely, I'm pretty sure that Exterior and whatever powering up Mikoto wouldn't reach inside the building, resulting in two confused middle-schooler trapped inside the place which managed to scare both Thor and Touma just by looking inside.

While it would be interesting to see more of the Windowles Building, I don't want it to be the last thing Mikoto and Kuroko see in their life
Old 2013-09-02, 20:10   Link #5318
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D.Blax View Post
Well, even if she can technically teleport inside the Windowless Building, that don't mean she can safely teleport inside it. So, they will either end up inside a wall, or worst, facing one of the "resident" of the building...

And even if they managed to teleport inside safely, I'm pretty sure that Exterior and whatever powering up Mikoto wouldn't reach inside the building, resulting in two confused middle-schooler trapped inside the place which managed to scare both Thor and Touma just by looking inside.

While it would be interesting to see more of the Windowles Building, I don't want it to be the last thing Mikoto and Kuroko see in their life
Fine let me put it this way.

As a villain Kihara, Gensei should probably have data on Kuroko because she attacked Terestina with Mikoto. Therefore, Gensei should know that Kuroko can teleport. Therefore, Gensei should be able to use exterior to force Kuroko to teleport Mikoto or try to teleport her inside the building.

If he didn't do this, it wouldn't make sense unless he planned something even better instead because Gensei is a Kihara and is super smart and already came up with a very complicated plan.

Mitori knows Kuroko can teleport from before and should realize that she can use Exterior on Kuroko to make it happen as well.

I'm also somewhat wondering about how Mitori synched with Exterior... and I'm lolling at how synchronization is important in the railgun manga right now...

Either way, Gensei just needs to try to get them inside the building (he shouldn't really need to care if Kuroko would mess up... he could literally just make her test-try it and if she survives, have her teleport there with Mikoto...

I'm saying that this seems like a reasonable thing to do... for Gensei.

I actually don't see why this wouldn't happen IMO especially since Mitori knows that Kuroko can teleport and that her liquid "monster" noticed Kuroko's appearance presumably.
Old 2013-09-02, 20:14   Link #5319
chaosprophet

Plus Kuroko need to touch Mikoto to teleport her, and multiple times too as she can't teleport that far at once. They way Mikoto is right now, Kuroko would probably be electrocuted if she tried touching her.
Old 2013-09-02, 20:25   Link #5320
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Plus Kuroko need to touch Mikoto to teleport her, and multiple times too as she can't teleport that far at once. They way Mikoto is right now, Kuroko would probably be electrocuted if she tried touching her.
If Mikoto, Kuroko are under Exterior's control... it should be easy to manipulate them to make it happen... I don't see why it wouldn't work... we already saw from before that Misaki's powers work incredibly well on Kuroko... (Exterior has a huge range of application right?)
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen