AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-06-18, 14:34   Link #5441
Hiyono

Just once I wish Saki would come out and stomp people right from the get-go...
Old 2015-06-18, 14:36   Link #5442
The Green One

While that would be fun to watch, it'd make for a terrible boring match. I've said it before in the past but I think a 2nd place finish would work better for Saki this time. A close call to shake her up would give her a good chance for more character development build up the tension to face Shizu, Awai and whoever our mystery 4th turns out to be. Probably Rinkai but you never know...
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 17:50   Link #5443
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for ch 144:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 21:21   Link #5444
Chitanda Eru

Well for me now, It's not important that Saki can take the 1st place or not. My attention now is what else can Sawaya do. She is "above of the league", right? I wish she can beat Nelly and take the first place at least one time. And in this semi, we still haven't had any yakuman yet, that Yakaman should go to Sawaya and it should be a dealer Yakuman, I wonder who will be dealt in that :">
In final result, may be Sawaya can't beat Saki and Nelly but it will be more interesting for me.
and... @Peanutbutter
Spoiler for asking:

Last edited by Chitanda Eru; 2015-06-18 at 21:59.
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 08:18   Link #5445
Peanutbutter

Okay, just read the raw for Ch 144.

All I have to say is (even though I have not read it translated), this current East Round 2 has to be ranked as among the best round/plays in the series thus far and has become one of my favs. For the info, these are my other favs:

Spoiler for including Achiga spoilers:

EDIT: Read a rough translation. Should be correct. Now to answer Eru's question:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2015-06-19 at 10:05.
Old 2015-06-19, 10:30   Link #5446
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Okay, just read the raw for Ch 144.

All I have to say is (even though I have not read it translated), this current East Round 2 has to be ranked as among the best round/plays in the series thus far and has become one of my favs. For the info, these are my other favs:

Spoiler for including Achiga spoilers:

EDIT: Read a rough translation. Should be correct. Now to answer Eru's question:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Confusing:
Old 2015-06-19, 11:16   Link #5447
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for reply to Eru:
Old 2015-06-19, 12:23   Link #5448
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Spoiler for reply to Eru:
Spoiler for spoil:
Old 2015-06-19, 18:17   Link #5449
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
Spoiler for spoil:
Spoiler:
Old 2015-06-20, 02:22   Link #5450
Kamieichi

Those clouds are related to the world creation of Ainu myth.
https://japanesemythology.wordpress....olored-clouds/

In the myth, there were five-colored clouds and Gods used them to create the world. According to the article from Wikipedia, blue one became the sea, yellow one became the soil, red one became the treasures like gold, silver, and gems, white one became the plants, birds, beasts, fishes, insects. Remaining black one was later used for the creation of the sun and moon.

Images
World creation?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sawaya only has red, blue, and white one because she used black and yellow in the previous match.
In this chapter she used the red one and which lets her monopolize the honor tiles. Maybe because the honor tiles are treasure-ish, I guess.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 19:17   Link #5451
King-Slayer

Chapter it out. Crazy stuff in Saki is nothing new but Sawaya has some weird abilities.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 04:05   Link #5452
kona~chan
ヘタレ

great chapter.
well done kyouko not only she able to distupt saki for made a kan now she also use saki's reaction as danger detection, great
but im interested with nelly's rinshan tho, whatever it done normally or using an ability?

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-21, 08:31   Link #5453
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hafta agree that Kyouko keeping her eyes on Saki is a pretty clever strategy - helped by the fact that when Saki is not in super serious mode she wears her emotions and reactions on her sleeve.

But I found it interesting that Nelly flew under Saki's radar like she did. Perhaps Sawaya's ability was so externally "shocking" that Nelly was able to quietly submerge into the flow of the game? From some time back it was mentioned that Nelly was one of those "creatures of the flow" like Jun from Ryuumonbuchi, but a much more powerful version, on "national monster" level.

Regardless though, it looks like Kyouko has already been targeted (can Sawaya switch targets "on the fly"?), and if there is yet another player on the table that can do the "rinshan kaisho" move I wonder how that will affect her gameplay? Sawaya and Nelly are also quite dangerous, it seems.
Old 2015-06-21, 09:35   Link #5454
Chitanda Eru

wah.. There's a lot of anti-Saki's power for this match.
Sawaya and Nelly is really strong although I still don't know what exactly Nelly's power is. Kyouko is somehow just like Shizuno, kind of anti-monster, but she uses her strategy instead of "mountain".
This semi is much better than the side A till now. All of these girl are very dangerous and strategic whereas side A had 2 auto-win-monster, powerful-stupid monster and a ridiculous mountain. However, Sawaya, Nelly and Kyouka just can be dangerous until Saki's monster mode is unlocked. After that, Saki will crush them all :">
Old 2015-06-22, 01:08   Link #5455
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hafta agree that Kyouko keeping her eyes on Saki is a pretty clever strategy - helped by the fact that when Saki is not in super serious mode she wears her emotions and reactions on her sleeve.

But I found it interesting that Nelly flew under Saki's radar like she did. Perhaps Sawaya's ability was so externally "shocking" that Nelly was able to quietly submerge into the flow of the game? From some time back it was mentioned that Nelly was one of those "creatures of the flow" like Jun from Ryuumonbuchi, but a much more powerful version, on "national monster" level.

Regardless though, it looks like Kyouko has already been targeted (can Sawaya switch targets "on the fly"?), and if there is yet another player on the table that can do the "rinshan kaisho" move I wonder how that will affect her gameplay? Sawaya and Nelly are also quite dangerous, it seems.
Maybe Nelly works by being able to leech off of the abilities of others at the table?
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 10:08   Link #5456
Chitanda Eru

New chapter is finally out. Sawaya said that she was Lucky cause there are times that she didn't win when using the red cloud (actually this time she didn't win too). Can I consider that means she will definitely win when she use another cloud. Moreover, It's pretty sure that the 2 other clouds that she used will come back in the 2nd hanchan (cause she said she used them in the 2nd hanchan of the last match)

If I'm not wrong, the next match Nelly will be the dealer and she might have another win before Sawaya will be really shined when the dealer is hers
Old 2015-06-23, 04:56   Link #5457
Subayai

Sawaya was nearly certain she was going to win a daisangen. Using the red cloud doesn't guarantee winning the hand, let alone with a yakuman, that's why she said she was lucky this time. I don't know if this tells us anything about the other clouds though.

Also I checked both the original and the translation and I think Sawaya only says she used them in 2nd round (quarterfinals), she doesn't say in which hanchan. But I guess it's possible they'll come back later anyway.
Subayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 06:59   Link #5458
Marina2

Shinohayu new chapter spoiler
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/katsu666/e/2ae...7314f89a9039dd

Images
They added blood group and height to characters info...

Images
4th player.

Images
The Match
Old 2015-06-29, 16:47   Link #5459
King-Slayer

Chapter is out. Well I was wrong about who advanced but eh. I liked the new girl and the way Shino acted towards everyone. Not a fan of kokoro.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-05, 15:53   Link #5460
einhorn303

Saki just got licensed in English by Yen Press: https://twitter.com/debaoki/status/617768840991109120

I would have never, ever thought this was possible. But I'm super glad it did happen! I'll definitely be getting this. I just hope it sells well enough for them to license Shinohayu too, since I like Shinohayu much more than the main series these days.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri