AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 02:58   Link #61
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I like the Saito character in this adaptation. Looks like I'll be watching this for sure. And I've missed Houko Kuwashima.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 10:17   Link #62
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I was expecting some shojo nonsense but this is really really good.
Old 2010-04-06, 10:32   Link #63
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

BLARGH! All this bishonen is like ACID TO MY EYES! And i thought the Bleach forum was the only place where I was in danger of becoming a closet homo...

I'll try bear with it because it looks like it has a good storyline. Now, time to find out which one of the group is 'The Gay One'. My bet's on that guy who dresses like a kunoichi in a hentai film...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 10:32   Link #64
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I like this anime. Reminds me a lot of Rurouni Kenshin. The time period, anyway. The character design is much different. Much more... bishounen, I would say.
Well - same character designer as the definitive BL Shinsengumi series, Peacemaker Kurogane...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 14:07   Link #65
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Finally watched the subbed version it was funny to see see Kondo Hijikata and Okita in serious roles . I was expecting Kondo to jump up and do something silly thanx to Gntama . Also Kondo's advisor the same person, Kamotaro Itou ? . Mannerism and Character are very similar to Gintama counterpart ,

Yeah I agree with everyone who were amazed at Shinsengumi's inability to deduce gender . She looks so feminine to begin with .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought the Bleach forum was the only place where I was in danger of becoming a closet homo...

There is nothing homo about getting matching signatures . For all I know its an expression of LUV

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-04-06 at 14:32. Reason: cant resist Haak's posting too much bait
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 15:21   Link #66
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Finally watched the subbed version it was funny to see see Kondo Hijikata and Okita in serious roles .
Amen

Id love to actually comment on this but I cant my brain is on bishie overload. Btwn Hijitake and Saito....Im torn.

But yeah it was obvious she was female to begin with. Even more obvious then Haruhi
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 15:33   Link #67
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
There is nothing homo about getting matching signatures . For all I know its an expression of LUV
What? he's talking about todays "if you just so see a guy you are gay!" philosophy of teens.
Old 2010-04-06, 16:44   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Finally watched the subbed version it was funny to see see Kondo Hijikata and Okita in serious roles . I was expecting Kondo to jump up and do something silly thanx to Gntama . Also Kondo's advisor the same person, Kamotaro Itou ? . Mannerism and Character are very similar to Gintama counterpart ,
Haha, I knew I wouldn't be the only one thinking about Gintama while watching this. Their personnalities did seem similar to their Gintama counterpart, especially Kondo and Toshi. Kind of wish they had the same people voice them. And nope, the guy with glasses is Sannan Keisuke, also known as Yamanami Keisuke. Gintama's Itou was based on Itou Kashitaro. Edit: just noticed the site Kaoru Chujo posted, it's got a lot more info. Head there if you want to know more.

I also thought it was pretty obvious Chizuru was a girl, but then again I also thought Heisuke was a girl (kunoichi in a hentai, good one ) when I saw him in the opening so I can't blame the Shinsengumi for being suspicious of her gender, living with a trap for so long has probably made them paranoid

I enjoyed the first episode, but that zombie thing left me with a bad aftertaste.

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-04-06 at 16:54.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 18:31   Link #69
kitten320

Finally saw it with subs! The series seems to be promising. I'm definitely going to watch further^^

It looks like Sano had same idea as me in order to find out the gender
Old 2010-04-06, 18:43   Link #70
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Any sign of Ichimura Tetsunosuke?
Old 2010-04-06, 18:50   Link #71
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I find it a bit funny how they were only surprised after Hijikata announced that Chizuru is a girl and not before, when she proclaimed her name. XD

Can there be a guy named Chizuru now? ^^;
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 20:32   Link #72
kitten320

Maybe they though that she was lying?
Old 2010-04-06, 20:45   Link #73
hoofy

After digesting the subs, I am getting an impression of Chizuru as a cute fluffy sheep, with Okita being the very hungry wolf.

White Manju Bun - just succumb to The Saitou. It's inevitable
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 21:00   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow - that surprised me. Really good dialogue, pretty solid animation quality, generally outstanding. Not much action, which is fine - I prefer my swordplay slower-paced and character driven anyway, the combat has more impact that way.

I'm always interested to see these historical Shinsengumi figures turn up in anime after manga after anime after manga, and always acting so differently. They're like easels for Japanese writers to project their own ideas about the Meiji era.
Old 2010-04-06, 22:02   Link #75
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It isn't necessarily that important, as people have said, but I don't think we have to regard the Shinsengumi as a bunch of airheads because they didn't recognize her as a girl. In those days, I don't think women would ever have worn male clothing, as she did. It might even have been illegal, as it was to wear the clothing of a different social class. And her hairstyle, while it might look feminine to us, was like the other guys'.

As for the name Chizuru, I think that's a better give-away. But it can also be a surname, and according to my dictionary maybe even sometimes a male given name -- but today it's an obvious girl's name.

By the way, further to what Guardian Enzo said about the action, I thought the initial action was pretty effective, slight as it was. The sound and blood splash on the wall really worked for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-04-06 at 22:31.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 22:10   Link #76
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Id love to actually comment on this but I cant my brain is on bishie overload. Btwn Hijitake and Saito....Im torn.
There should be a warning sign for this series...something like "please leave your brain at the door before watching.".

I was in that boat for a while...still am a little...until I saw him in that outfit...I was sold.

I need to watch the sub...\o/

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 23:53   Link #77
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is good it kind of reminds me of Peacemaker
Old 2010-04-07, 00:20   Link #78
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

I'm always interested to see these historical Shinsengumi figures turn up in anime after manga after anime after manga, and always acting so differently. They're like easels for Japanese writers to project their own ideas about the Meiji era.
Very nice analogy.

I like it so far as well-- but hope to see a more non-linear plot as we go along. Girl looking for dad, who turns out to have connections to these zombies, who are being hunted by a group of very good looking men -- hopefully we'll get something new and different thrown in. But the tone and the pacing and the mood is working.

Love the OP and ED to DEATH -- but the background tracks -- not so much. Hope to have better drawn mouths in the future, haha.

Last edited by MikaMiaka; 2010-04-07 at 00:22. Reason: wot hoppened
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 00:27   Link #79
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It isn't necessarily that important, as people have said, but I don't think we have to regard the Shinsengumi as a bunch of airheads because they didn't recognize her as a girl. In those days, I don't think women would ever have worn male clothing, as she did. It might even have been illegal, as it was to wear the clothing of a different social class. And her hairstyle, while it might look feminine to us, was like the other guys'.
In addition to those good points, they really weren't trying to figure out she was a girl. Some of them were apparently told she was a girl, and accepted it at face value. It seems two of them knew she was a girl all along, they just didn't mention it to the others. Again, not that it matters much.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 04:17   Link #80
kitten320

Actually it did kinda matter. after all they did request her to keep pretending.

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi