AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-06, 23:04   Link #21
Necrodeath

Ha! Lol, I love the GC controller, it's the best for playing SC2 IMO.
And as for with link being easy to play against the CPU, all characters are easy to play against the CPU.
I hate link btw, even though he has some kickass combo's, he's just too annoying to play with.

As for Ivy being unpredictable, try playing against an expert Voldo-player...

My fav char by far is Cervantes, even though I'm not as good with him as with Mitsurugi (2nd fav) or Raphael (3rd).

About the aircombo question, just hit him while he/she is in the air.
For instance, take Cervantes, do his torpedo attack thingy (forgot name, but it's the one where he dives forwared after the duck, duck-left, left and then B), and then hit him/her while he/she is still in the air.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 00:45   Link #22
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

yo jubei I still own u with my taki... and maybe even with my ivy... and u still play this??
AnAlPedoFileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 02:03   Link #23
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlPedoFileMan
yo jubei I still own u with my taki... and maybe even with my ivy... and u still play this??
Blah, last time I remember us playing we both came up even on the Ivy matches, I think you were a game ahead when we decided to quit, but that was way before my Ivy got redefined, its changed a lot then.

You probably did own me with Taki though a few games, since I hate Taki and I never play anyone using Taki but you, I think you might of, but remember my Swiss Miss always hits the spots, and he's gotten a lot better since we last played.

And no I don't play anymore I quit months and months ago, I wouldn't mind playing it again though, I played it with the bigman at Malibu and it peaked my interest slightly, I've been playing a lot of S3 lately.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 08:15   Link #24
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Haven't played in a while since my PS2 died a few months back. My best character is probably Ivy, I doubt I can ever get that special grab to work reliably though. Can't even remember the exact moves... I did see some familiar moves in that post, that I also use. Thing you have to learn though is to throw in some variation moves once in a while so you don't become predictable. Even so, this still tends to happen to me after playing too long. Either way, I have been able to beat some tough players with Ivy several times (ofcourse other times I get slaughtered). Sidestep juggle, hit, ground whip thing is a pretty standard combo for me, it connects alot and if you do it fast enough it can't be blocked. Funny thing is I used to the circling whip move (b+AB I think) and follow that up with either a quick or a charged move (long enough is unblockable). The guy I usually played with started sidestepping the followup though so at some point I started cancelling the circle whip and just grab him hehe. Although now he tends to duck so a d+AB slam+air grab becomes yet another nice variation. Close quarter combat isn't that great but there's that 3hit+air move that works great if it hits. Airgrab can be prevented by side-falling though, that's been a big pain for me. Ofcourse there are players that don't know that so you can airgrab those anyway. :P

As for the post about Raphael, I don't know why but he really annoys me too. Fast hits, feints everywhere to drive you nuts. Didn't expect him to be such low rated character.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 12:42   Link #25
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Ha! Lol, I love the GC controller, it's the best for playing SC2 IMO.
And as for with link being easy to play against the CPU, all characters are easy to play against the CPU.
I hate link btw, even though he has some kickass combo's, he's just too annoying to play with.

As for Ivy being unpredictable, try playing against an expert Voldo-player...

My fav char by far is Cervantes, even though I'm not as good with him as with Mitsurugi (2nd fav) or Raphael (3rd).

About the aircombo question, just hit him while he/she is in the air.
For instance, take Cervantes, do his torpedo attack thingy (forgot name, but it's the one where he dives forwared after the duck, duck-left, left and then B), and then hit him/her while he/she is still in the air.
Link may be annoying to play with to you, but all I wanted to do was earn all the stuff to play with my friends, and Link is the EASIEST to cheeze the ENTIRE GAME with. Link's regular grab if he has his back to the edge of the ring tosses the opponent out of the ring, allowing you to cheeze the ENTIRE game with Ring Outs. LOL!!! No other character in the game has an EASY grab/toss that is THAT powerful, making it virtually impossible to top the time it takes to beat the game on the GC with cheeze on ANY of the other systems...XD

My tip is, if you have a Gamecube, and you are not sure witch system to buy the game for, and you don't really care about EARNING stuff, you just want to get it to play it with your friends, I reccommend getting it for your GC. (Note: Even if you hate the controler, you can get a converter or a flat controler)
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 23:57   Link #26
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad
Link may be annoying to play with to you, but all I wanted to do was earn all the stuff to play with my friends, and Link is the EASIEST to cheeze the ENTIRE GAME with. Link's regular grab if he has his back to the edge of the ring tosses the opponent out of the ring, allowing you to cheeze the ENTIRE game with Ring Outs. LOL!!! No other character in the game has an EASY grab/toss that is THAT powerful, making it virtually impossible to top the time it takes to beat the game on the GC with cheeze on ANY of the other systems...XD
Yeah well....it's your fault that you use that.
It requires absolutely NO skill whatsoever, and you won't improve using that either...
It could be used as an easy win in VS mode, although I doubt the other player will be that dumb...
Old 2004-09-08, 00:57   Link #27
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
Yeah well....it's your fault that you use that.
It requires absolutely NO skill whatsoever, and you won't improve using that either...
It could be used as an easy win in VS mode, although I doubt the other player will be that dumb...
Who said anything about improving skills or using it on your friends? I just wanted to unlock all the characters and such cuz my friend loves Lizzard man and such.
Old 2004-09-08, 15:25   Link #28
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

jubei- bigman?? is that who i think it is?? S3?? or do u mean 3S??

trax- im in a bit of a bragging mood so forgive or wutever, i can pull off Ivy's Summon Suffering and Criminal Symphony like nuthin. anyway with that aside, i often dont do juggles with Ivy becuz of air-tracking and stuff so i always go for the oppurtunity to do the Ivy Lick then either follow it up with d+B or K,d or b,A+B. if u still have trouble doing her command grabs try this, if ur on the left side of the screen try a simple move like f+B then 360 slide clockwise the stick of pad back to forward but keep goin until u hit down then hit down-foward and then slide again clockwise until u hit down-back. this need to be done quick but it works once u get this into habit. plus it beats just rotating the stick a stoopid 4 times then hitting A+B, to many vet players this is a sign of newbie-ness plus everyone and their blind granny can see it coming...

edit
necrodeath- oh yeah?? Ivy's A+G grab rings out behind her, so does while crouching down-back+B. b+K, charge down-back+K, down-forward+K rings out in front of her, same goes with SE A,A and while rising A+B,A , then f,f+K charged up rings out to the left, jumping B rings out to the right and while landing B rings out towards the left. b,bA+B rings out at an odd angle of slightly to the right but still in front. SE fB+K up close rings out a quite a distance, SE K and SE f,f+K rings out, also SE A+B rings out quite far, and qcb+B does the same as the previous move. this is just Ivy here, i can continue this with Taki if u want, complete with ring out juggle, strings, and tricks for self ring out. btw theres a way to break out of that throw from Link since there's only 1 throw to my knowledge that cant be broken and thats one of Lizardman's and it does crap damage anyway

Last edited by AnAlPedoFileMan; 2004-09-08 at 15:38.
Old 2004-09-08, 16:31   Link #29
JubeiYamazaki

Quote:
jubei- bigman?? is that who i think it is?? S3?? or do u mean 3S??
Yeah, that bigman, and naw I meant S3, cause S3 sounds better then the otherway around, but same game.
Old 2004-09-09, 02:41   Link #30
Necrodeath

Quote:
[...]
edit
necrodeath- oh yeah?? Ivy's A+G grab rings out behind her, so does while crouching down-back+B. b+K, charge down-back+K, down-forward+K rings out in front of her, same goes with SE A,A and while rising A+B,A , then f,f+K charged up rings out to the left, jumping B rings out to the right and while landing B rings out towards the left. b,bA+B rings out at an odd angle of slightly to the right but still in front. SE fB+K up close rings out a quite a distance, SE K and SE f,f+K rings out, also SE A+B rings out quite far, and qcb+B does the same as the previous move. this is just Ivy here, i can continue this with Taki if u want, complete with ring out juggle, strings, and tricks for self ring out. btw theres a way to break out of that throw from Link since there's only 1 throw to my knowledge that cant be broken and thats one of Lizardman's and it does crap damage anyway
I think maybe you meant that for Meatwad, as he's the one who said that only Link has such a move, not me.
And yeah, if you're near the edge, and your opponent is link, you can bet on it that he's going to use that throw, so you just break it...
Old 2004-09-09, 03:59   Link #31
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

necro- my bad man, so yeah i hereby redirect my previous post to meatwad... forgive me california summer heat is affecting brain cells...
Old 2004-09-09, 09:25   Link #32
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Thanks Jubei and AnAlPedoFileMan for the tips on Ivy.
I am too an average Ivy player, she is my fav. character in the game plus her moveset is both pretty and powerful. Even though I haven't play this game in a while maybe it's time to get back in some games again.
I have some questions for Ivy since it seems quite hard for me to bring my game up a level, for her CH move, I usually do a 3B 8B+K a lot, it seems to connect most of the time, however 2A+B 8B+K for me seems harder to connect. How are they compared to each other, power/quickness wise?
Also I kept hearing people able to do a 8WR_2/8, 8B+K move, but I never able to pull it off. Is it really possible? if so how to pull them off?
As a real novice SS/CS player, the only time I successfully pull off SS is bying using moves such as 6[B+K], then rotate the thumbsticks during the animation and after the animation ends, A+B, however most time than not they dodge the attack. Is there anymore tips on using these cheap SS/CS? I will try the method AnAlpedo mentioned though.
Also I am trying sometimes to buffer my SS/CS, it just seems very hard sometimes.
What's some of the easiest buffer?
Also for the Serpent Tribute (normally i get in this by A+B,A), have anybody tried succesully with B:6B:4B:6B:4B yet? I can pull off BBB no problem but that 5 whips is just hard as heck, I think I only pulled off once but it was so satisfying as seeing her whip the sh!t out of somebody.
I will also try the move Jubei mentioned to break out of the GI, since sometime we do get in those GI fights.
BTW I also use 8WR_2/8, A, [B] a lot since it's pretty much a guranteed combo, also CH 3B 8B+K, hcb[B], [B], and also all her long range moves such as 6[B] etc. Against the computer the best move IMO is 8A+B,A, 8B+K, while most human players airglide (even though it works awesome against real novice players), the AI almost never airglide even in highest difficulty, and this move almost always connects. If connects it takes a huge trunk of life. But against human players 8A+B,A,hcb+B probably is much better.
Thanks for the tips guys:P

Last edited by lavarock; 2004-09-09 at 09:30. Reason: typos
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 10:06   Link #33
Meatwad
Banned

Quote:
I think maybe you meant that for Meatwad, as he's the one who said that only Link has such a move, not me.
And yeah, if you're near the edge, and your opponent is link, you can bet on it that he's going to use that throw, so you just break it...
...and you obviously are a dumbass an'd can't read very long, I SAID I was using it agains't the computer dipshit.....it's too obvious to use it on REAL people, altho it would probalby work on a dumbass like you who can't read....

Quote:
edit
I said Link was the EASIEST to ring out via trow, it's his STANDARD throw so you don't have to do anything special to ring them out. The range of the throw is also quite long so it is more effective than a LOT of the others. Link DOES have another grab/throw that you could use (I used it by accident a few times) where he jumps on the person's shoulder and whips them whit the sword or something then like flips them away or something (I can't remember it EXACTLY). I did know a lot of the others had those throws, but most of them are so hard to pull off you can't really trick the computer that well in some of the matches cuz they have to be lined up PERFECT, with Link it's fairly easy to lure the dummy AI to the edge...
Old 2004-09-09, 10:45   Link #34
Necrodeath

Quote:
...and you obviously are a dumbass an'd can't read very long, I SAID I was using it agains't the computer dipshit.....it's too obvious to use it on REAL people, altho it would probalby work on a dumbass like you who can't read....

I said Link was the EASIEST to ring out via trow, it's his STANDARD throw so you don't have to do anything special to ring them out. The range of the throw is also quite long so it is more effective than a LOT of the others. Link DOES have another grab/throw that you could use (I used it by accident a few times) where he jumps on the person's shoulder and whips them whit the sword or something then like flips them away or something (I can't remember it EXACTLY). I did know a lot of the others had those throws, but most of them are so hard to pull off you can't really trick the computer that well in some of the matches cuz they have to be lined up PERFECT, with Link it's fairly easy to lure the dummy AI to the edge...
I did not say anything towards you after you said that you only used to to get all the characters and weapons and whatnot. I only pointed out that AnalPedoFileMan commented on the wrong person, and thats it. I suppose you're the one who can't read...

Furthermore, it seems to me that you have not played the game very often, or you're just not wanting to know the moves. (correct me if I'm wrong here.) Each character has at least 4 throws (Guard + A from the front, Guard + B from the front, Guard + A/B from the side, and Guard + A/B from behind (these last 2 A/B moves might be the same, might be different...I forgot, and I can't test it now, because I lend my SC2 disk to a friend)). Some characters also have some extra throws...

I also wanted to finish this, but I will finish it a later time, because I have to go.
I also don't wish to have a fight with you, so please don't use words like dumbass and dipshit.
Old 2004-09-09, 12:22   Link #35
Meatwad
Banned

they do have at least that, but 9 times out of 10 your opponent will be FACING you. That was my original point. Also I play arcade a LOT on EXTRMELY HARD (or whatever the top setting is) so it's not that I did not want to improve, I just wanted all the stuff. Sorry for fussing, I think we both jumped to conclusions with each other.
Old 2004-09-09, 15:34   Link #36
JubeiYamazaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
Thanks Jubei and AnAlPedoFileMan for the tips on Ivy.
I am too an average Ivy player, she is my fav. character in the game plus her moveset is both pretty and powerful. Even though I haven't play this game in a while maybe it's time to get back in some games again.
I have some questions for Ivy since it seems quite hard for me to bring my game up a level, for her CH move, I usually do a 3B 8B+K a lot, it seems to connect most of the time, however 2A+B 8B+K for me seems harder to connect. How are they compared to each other, power/quickness wise?
I want to say d/f+B is a slightly faster then d+AB but I think its the other way around, or equal. I rarely see people use d/f+B and when I do its mostly to mix it up with their d+AB which is what I do. And d+AB into the u/f+BK takes off the most, I believe

Quote:
As a real novice SS/CS player, the only time I successfully pull off SS is bying using moves such as 6[B+K], then rotate the thumbsticks during the animation and after the animation ends, A+B, however most time than not they dodge the attack. Is there anymore tips on using these cheap SS/CS? I will try the method AnAlpedo mentioned though.
Also I am trying sometimes to buffer my SS/CS, it just seems very hard sometimes.
What's some of the easiest buffer?
Well when I started buffering the SS/CS I started with her d/b+A then off her regular throws then, I moved on doing off her d+AB then off her unblockables because you get about a second or some pause between inputting the directionals then hitting AB so during her hcb+A unblockable you can start throwing in the commands, cancel it (cause it has a long cancel range last time I remembered) wait a second then hit AB, or do AB straight off the cancel.

The cheapest way I used to get the SS/CS without no suspecting it is doing off a regular throw. But it takes a lot of practice she has a lot of good delay moves to practice it with, and once you get used to it, it becomes easy, like before I stopped playing I did it from the animation of her canceling her AB stance. Practice makes perfect.

Quote:
Also for the Serpent Tribute (normally i get in this by A+B,A), have anybody tried succesully with B:6B:4B:6B:4B yet? I can pull off BBB no problem but that 5 whips is just hard as heck, I think I only pulled off once but it was so satisfying as seeing her whip the sh!t out of somebody.
Once, and that was such a tiring experience to do it, espiecially in a match, yesh. But it was worth it.

Quote:
BTW I also use 8WR_2/8, A, [B] a lot since it's pretty much a guranteed combo, also CH 3B 8B+K, hcb[B], [B], and also all her long range moves such as 6[B] etc. Against the computer the best move IMO is 8A+B,A, 8B+K, while most human players airglide (even though it works awesome against real novice players), the AI almost never airglide even in highest difficulty, and this move almost always connects. If connects it takes a huge trunk of life. But against human players 8A+B,A,hcb+B probably is much better.
Thanks for the tips guys:P
The u+BK comes out so fast, you can them accurately enough but only the f,f+A is the gurantee'd hit off of that combo, still funner to u+BK/hcb+B though.
Old 2004-09-09, 15:48   Link #37
Necrodeath

Quote:
they do have at least that, but 9 times out of 10 your opponent will be FACING you. That was my original point. Also I play arcade a LOT on EXTRMELY HARD (or whatever the top setting is) so it's not that I did not want to improve, I just wanted all the stuff. Sorry for fussing, I think we both jumped to conclusions with each other.
Ok, so it's settled then. I apologize for jumping to conclusions and making a fuss as well. I'm glad we didn't have to eachother

On a different note, lot's of Ivy fans in here
No hate or anything, but I just hate her...playing with and against...
Old 2004-09-09, 17:53   Link #38
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

Quote:
On a different note, lot's of Ivy fans in here
No hate or anything, but I just hate her...playing with and against...

actually Ivy is the second character i picked up when i used to play this game regularly, i'm actually a taki fan, she's prolly my best character of all the ones i play in SC2. also ivy does have a weak point, i think it's her left side... her A's have trouble hitting ppl who sidestep to her left(i need verification on this, jubei sum help plz...)

jubei- btw who r u using in S3/3S?? better not be one of the top three characters in that game...

random SC2 arcade players rant- i hate conquest players... i swear everyone in school are such freaking wussies when either my friend or i start playing. damm arcade mode is soooo boring, nobody wants to play with me in versus and wutnot. all the cowards do is sit there and watch as i beast the AI into nothingness... and this is when i randomly play.... ahh well atleast there's a Strikers Plus machine to keep me company... damm conquest whores
Old 2004-09-09, 19:37   Link #39
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipgloss
yes i have a question i dont know what an air combo is and i am at level 8 and i cant win this fight because it requires an air combo and i dont know what they are talkin about please help me
Air combo means hitting the enemy in the air (also called juggling).
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 19:48   Link #40
Godhand
Lord of the Decepticons

Air combo (or juggling as said by Archuka) is basically the art of smacking your opponent into the air (with most characters this can be achieved with DF+B) and then hitting them with another move(s) while they're still in the air

eg Kilik (fav character)

DF+B (launches them), then Back+K for a nice side kick on the way down.
Godhand is offline   Reply With Quote