AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-04, 22:56   Link #4161
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I feel like such an idiot. I'm pretty sure we learned what Exterior was way back in chapter 47. When Uiharu was looking at the rumors on the rumor site after she recovered it the rumor it focused on was "Rumors that the DNA computer is believed to be a 'machine that can reproduce abilities'"

If it's a DNA computer that explains why Misaki said something about chromosomes as she used it. It also explains why the scientists felt it was okay to get rid of Misaki even though she could become a level 5, as they would have a machine that could use her powers for them now.
Old 2013-06-04, 23:03   Link #4162
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I feel like such an idiot. I'm pretty sure we learned what Exterior was way back in chapter 47. When Uiharu was looking at the rumors on the rumor site after she recovered it the rumor it focused on was "Rumors that the DNA computer is believed to be a 'machine that can reproduce abilities'"

If it's a DNA computer that explains why Misaki said something about chromosomes as she used it. It also explains why the scientists felt it was okay to get rid of Misaki even though she could become a level 5, as they would have a machine that could use her powers for them now.
Wouldn't be that the basis for Rensa's machinery that replicates other esper powers?

It would make a lot of sense.

That product of the experiments on the Level Upper arc = Takitsubou's Body Clear
Level Upper Network = Foreshadowing for Misaka Network
AIM Burst = AIM Being = Kazakiri Hyouka
Exterior = Rensa

Its not that blowing but sure makes sense.
Old 2013-06-04, 23:21   Link #4163
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Rensa's way of copying abilities had nothing to do with DNA though. Most of her didn't even have DNA because she was made of metal.
Old 2013-06-04, 23:57   Link #4164
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Rensa's way of copying abilities had nothing to do with DNA though. Most of her didn't even have DNA because she was made of metal.
I'm not sure it reproduces abilities rather than simply amplifying existing abilities. The DNA computer might become important in the arc that includes Rikou
Spoiler for Rikou crystal:

Also... more interestingly...

I take it that I'm the only one who noticed this: This from Light Novel 3 which is during the Sisters Arc so I take it this isn't a spoiler. This is just talking about an urban legend afterall.

"The Imaginary Number District Five Elements Institution was said to be the district that did not fit any of the numbers for the 23 districts of Academy City.
And many different rumors of imaginary technology had been derived from this invisible laboratory known as the Imaginary Number District.
There was the supposed AI that controlled all of the ethics, militaries, and economies of the world via the internet.
There was the supposed Clone Dolly workshop that stored the DNA of great men and saints from around the world and had analyzed their genetics to the point that they could create as many geniuses as needed at the push of a button.
There was the idea that the silicorandom synapses used in Tree Diagram’s processing engine could only be made with imaginary technology from the Imaginary Number District and thus could not be remade."

From Volume 3 Chapter 2 Section 8. Wow... So this happened before the Sisters Arc. It makes sense. Kamachi already planned this out back then...

I can see the relationship to Exterior which is a DNA computer that creates Esper powers.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-05 at 05:24.
Old 2013-06-06, 15:15   Link #4165
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
By the way, this is kind of obvious now I realize. But the fact that Mikoto said that all level 5's at Tokiwadai started as level 1's seems to be true.
Thats not necessarily what she said. You don't have to translate that as plural afaik. The original line is:
常盤台中学の超能力者(レベル5)は元々単なる低能力者(レベル1)だった。

So she could just be talking about a/the level 5 (herself). The corresponding line in the anime also just specifically mentions the railgun (also Kuroko says it instead). Not to say it can't be meant as plural, but it could definitely be singular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
The translator's note says that the kanji means "low-level esper"
Yes, but the furigana (what tells you how to read it) has the katakana for Level 1. Level 5 is done the same way, the actual "Level 5" is just the furigana.
Old 2013-06-06, 15:47   Link #4166
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Thats not necessarily what she said. You don't have to translate that as plural afaik. The original line is:
常盤台中学の超能力者(レベル5)は元々単なる低能力者(レベル1)だった。

So she could just be talking about a/the level 5 (herself). The corresponding line in the anime also just specifically mentions the railgun (also Kuroko says it instead). Not to say it can't be meant as plural, but it could definitely be singular.

Yes, but the furigana (what tells you how to read it) has the katakana for Level 1. Level 5 is done the same way, the actual "Level 5" is just the furigana.
I see: interesting. Thanks for this info. I am going to start learning Japanese formally next year. Therefore, in the meantime, I very much appreciate your help in pointing that out. I was wondering why they said it was ambiguous if it wasn't both of them. However, this is kind of the reason why I assumed it applied to both because Shokuhou wasn't always level 5 and she used to be much weaker with her powers, as we saw.

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-06 at 17:17.
Old 2013-06-06, 19:06   Link #4167
SilverTalon

Well at least as I understand it, it is somewhat ambiguous. It could be referring to a group, but given that the line was changed in the anime to just be about the railgun, the fact that the follow up of that scene is Misaka saying how she would have stood in his way even if she were a level 1, and the fact that at the time absolutely nothing about Misaki was known (or even possible created by Kamachi as an idea yet) other than her power and her school, I would lean towards her talking about herself.
Old 2013-06-07, 18:22   Link #4168
leukrota

Darn, I'm late to the discussion. Oh well.

It was a great chapter. Thanks to Dolly, Misaki went from apathic to engaged to the master manipulator we have now.

The Mitori/Mi-chan theory is sound and convincing. With this much info, I bet next chapter will reveal that as true.

Other theories... are not as strong, but still possible.

... I can barely wait for next chapter...

BTW, I just loved the scene where the scientists were discussing Misaki, with her in the room.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:21   Link #4169
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

The Frog Faced Doctor might appear?

Heaven Canceller (the name of the frog faced doctor that knows Mikoto/Misaka 10032, Touma) and
Spoiler for Railgun season 1:

He therefore might have been at the researchers' meeting with
Spoiler for railgun season 1:
or might be keeping tabs on him.

This is especially true because Misaka 10032 is one of his former patients after all and something happened to her.

Spoiler for railgun season 1 episode 22:

That means Gensei, if he succeeds in finding Misaka 10032, will incur Heaven Canceller's wrath as soon as he finds out. I was kind of wondering earlier why Mikoto went to his hospital and how Shokuhou knew that the clones know the doctor there since they can still repel her mental out... (Shokuhou and frog-face might know each other?)

I think he might have gotten wind of what was happening from this. (Strong possiblity).

I believe he's going to come in near the end of this arc and beat the darkness of AC up and Gensei. That would be really nice. Say Dolly is still alive or something, I'm sure Heaven Canceller can cure her...

I think he'll be involved because at the end of Daihasesai (Index)
Spoiler for Index ending of Daihasesai relevant scene:

Maybe he restores Saten, Kuroko, Uiharu's memories? I mean he knows both Shirai and Mikoto and would be able to testify about them knowing each other when it was over...

I also just realized:

Even if Saten finds out Touma is Kamijou Touma and sees his negation powers, she might not connect it ever to Mikoto because of the fact that she doesn't remember Mikoto... awww....

Spoiler for Light novel readers of Accelerator up to Index Daihasesai arc:

Last edited by dniv; 2013-06-09 at 10:26.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:35   Link #4170
zaeraal

Quote:

Yes, this explains a lot. I am also curious why they have only one such computer and not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Wouldn't be that the basis for Rensa's machinery that replicates other esper powers?

It would make a lot of sense.

That product of the experiments on the Level Upper arc = Takitsubou's Body Clear
Level Upper Network = Foreshadowing for Misaka Network
AIM Burst = AIM Being = Kazakiri Hyouka
Exterior = Rensa
But the story with Rensa was based on a more advanced computer than DNA computer -> Shading Computer.
And if he continued the same way as before with foreshadowing of Index stuff, then it will be something way sooner than NT7.
I believe it will be more related to the events in vol. 15 - 22.

Quote:
I'm not sure it reproduces abilities rather than simply amplifying existing abilities. The DNA computer might become important in the arc that includes Rikou
Spoiler for Rikou crystal:
I agree with amplifying powers.
Remember that Gensei was behind the experiments on Kiyama's kids and it led to the level 6 experiments by Thelestina.
And now he is related again, possibly continuing in his research.
Gensei experiment with berserking powers -> Thelestina experiment -> Body Crystal -> ... -> Exterior.

Quote:
There was the supposed Clone Dolly workshop that stored the DNA of great men and saints from around the world and had analyzed their genetics to the point that they could create as many geniuses as needed at the push of a button.
I completly forgot about this.. so it's not just Mikoto they were cloning, but they were planning on cloning practically everyone important.
Then what the hell is Dolly? She might be like miix of many DNAs that were put together, sort of like a chimera.
That can explain her bad health.

Quote:
There was the idea that the silicorandom synapses used in Tree Diagram’s processing engine could only be made with imaginary technology from the Imaginary Number District and thus could not be remade."
Nah, I am sure they have a lot of them hidden (One Diagram, Two Diagram, Four Diagram, Five Diagram... )
So they don't really need another one, note that only computers like these can calculate curriculum.

Quote:
Spoiler for Heaven Canceller (size):
Don't forget that Heaven Canceller is Saten's doctor too, she was in his hospital during LU arc.
But I think it would be too easy if they just asked the most competent person to solve their problems

I mean, he is taking care of Sisters and definitely knows what to do when one of them goes missing, definitely can cure the erased memories and can prove that the teachers/students/ the guys moving Sister, were mind-controlled and get Misaki arrested because of it and since he knows a lot of about Gensei, he might know about Exterior/Dolly too.

As for doctor teling Touma about punishment game, Misaka could have visited him out of visiting hours and just left a note instead.
Quote:
I also just realized:

Even if Saten finds out Touma is Kamijou Touma and sees his negation powers, she might not connect it ever to Mikoto because of the fact that she doesn't remember Mikoto... awww....
There are so many rummors about Touma, that if Saten were to see his ability, she must be able to tell who he is.
Probably not the Misaka boyfriend one, because the rumors do not state anything concrete about him.
But the other ones related to him and his ability definitely yes.

It was already proven that Saten is quite good at connecting the dots when it comes to rumors.
Kamachi will have to troll if she does not realises anything.
Old 2013-06-16, 21:13   Link #4171
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

So... guys... I have a possible explanation for Kites' actions in helping Misaki: any thoughts?

Spoiler for Railgun S episode 10, Index Season 1:
The civil rehabilitation act is what makes S-processor not have to pay their supervisors such as Amai in the railgun manga. I'm not sure whether or not this also applies to Kites Knockwright and might explain why he is helping Misaki: any thoughts?
Old 2013-06-16, 22:05   Link #4172
Sumeragi
Banned

Who is Kites Knockwright?
Old 2013-06-16, 22:52   Link #4173
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Who is Kites Knockwright?
Oh: he's the blond scientists from the Sisters project that Misaki's working with. He is named Kites Knockwright in Railgun S (they're the same person). I think they named him in the anime because he became important in the manga later on in the Daihasesai arc with Misaki.

He's also the blond haired guy supervising the sisters project in the railgun s anime. He was unnamed in the manga.
Old 2013-06-17, 00:10   Link #4174
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll still put my bet on him being the son of Kihara-kun.
Old 2013-06-17, 00:25   Link #4175
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given how even the nice Kiharas can be bastards, I doubt that Misaki would work with a Kihara at all. Since she obviously works with him willingly, she's read his mind, and since she's read his mind, he's probably not a Kihara brat.
Old 2013-06-17, 00:26   Link #4176
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I doubt that Misaki would work with a Kihara at all.
Where is the proof of that? Just asking since I want to see your theory being more than mere speculation.
Old 2013-06-17, 00:29   Link #4177
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Where is the proof of that? Just asking since I want to see your theory being more than mere speculation.
Because Gensei Kihara is her enemy at this point, given her actions during the Daihaseisai. Could she trust a child of Kihara not to betray her to Gensei? We know how dedicated Telestina was to Gensei, after all.
Old 2013-06-17, 00:30   Link #4178
Sumeragi
Banned

What is the proof that one Kihara would be as dedicated as another Kihara to Gensei? We've seen Kiharas turning on each other.
Old 2013-06-17, 09:21   Link #4179
StaticLord
Non-toxic Mikoto lover.

"Kites Knockwright."

What the-

May I ask when and in which episode his name was given to us? I can't remeber him doing any self introduction or anyone else introducing him by name.
Old 2013-06-17, 10:02   Link #4180
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticLord View Post
"Kites Knockwright."

What the-

May I ask when and in which episode his name was given to us? I can't remeber him doing any self introduction or anyone else introducing him by name.
The end credits.

Tags
fantasy, shounen