AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 23:58   Link #261
KrimzonStriker

A Cloaking field? Goes invisible at the blink of an eye!! Or a synchronization system that allows him to access controls in ally Knightmares and use them like a puppeteer, hell we can even have him hack into enemy mech's and use them as puppets as well while we're at it!!
Old 2008-04-25, 00:02   Link #262
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It had the Hadron Cannons and the Druid System. We now have a Knightmare with four Hadron cannons and the Float system is surely not unique anymore. How would you upgrade it anyway?
add...more....cannons?

but i was wondering about that, i mean C.C. managed to escape, whether it was with Gawain or not is debatable, so it won't be far fetch if we see something similar to it, being pumped out by Laka, but called something different.

only difference is that it won't be "overpowered" as its already been surpassed by the ones used by the Knights of Round.
Old 2008-04-25, 05:55   Link #263
CooKie D.

Quote:
It had the Hadron Cannons and the Druid System. We now have a Knightmare with four Hadron cannons and the Float system is surely not unique anymore. How would you upgrade it anyway?
For one thing, I would improve its mobility, the Gawain was rather cumbersome in combat, not moving around much. Cornelia had an easy time hitting it, and it had a hard time fighting Orange-kun. But then I guess that can also be because it's larger than the average Knightmare...

As for giving it additional equipment, let's leave that to Rakshata and Sunrise to design
I only hope it (or whatever replaces it) remains a long range unit perfect for field command... no sense making Lulu's unit an "all around KMF", there's already the Lancelot for that...

Edit:
By the way, did the Gawain have those beam shields the Lancelot has? I don't recall it ever using such shields...
CooKie D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 10:19   Link #264
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Mobility would certainly be a good thing, but given that the Gawain is more of a commander unit than a combat oriented one like the Guren or Lancelot this would be unlikely to happen. I also don't think you could scale down its size given the technology present in the Gawain which seems to require it be larger.

I wouldn't expect any Knightmare Lelouch gets in the future to be close combat oriented. Ranged combat suits him more and it allows him to observe the battlefield and issue orders. Of course, we need something that can actually take the Lancelot down at some point.

No it had no such shields, though that would certainly be a welcome upgrade. The Mordred possesses such shields after all and aspects of it seem mimiced after the Gawain.

Of course, if Britannia retrieved Jeremiah than it might be possible the retrieved the Gawain as well though without C.C. there. Schneizal did say he wanted Zero tp test the unit for him so he could later get it back.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 11:13   Link #265
ashlay
the red string of fate

give the Gawain some radiation wave emitters, that would probably be the best thing in terms of improving the unit. Lelouch and C.C. may not be able to use it to the level Kallen does, but at least it will provide them with a shield against Slash Harkens and whatnot.

As much as mobility is the key to the most powerful of robots, Gawain's size was really a charm point to it, it's best to leave it a somewhat crappy but also very interesting KMF when they upgrade to Lelouch's next unique ride.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 12:23   Link #266
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

You mean equip it with one of those arms? Or do it in a way that works like a shield?

Well, it wasn't built for mobility so I can't really complain there. It did what it was supposed to do. I just hope they do the two seat cockpit again since it allowed someone who can actually pilot like C.C. while Lelouch could simply plan using the Druid system.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-25, 12:50   Link #267
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Can i ask what was the Druid system?
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 12:51   Link #268
KrimzonStriker

An immense super computer that could even calculate runic data from Geass ruins, see, doesn't it fit Lelouch's style extremely well?
Old 2008-04-25, 13:13   Link #269
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Lelouch was using it to observe the entire battlefield and such. It's pretty much a souped up version of the data spheres regular Knightmares have.

Old 2008-04-25, 15:49   Link #270
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Lelouch was using it to observe the entire battlefield and such. It's pretty much a souped up version of the data spheres regular Knightmares have.
dataspheres just collect data, they don't process it. Gawain's actually somewhat odd for being a Britannian KMF with absolutely no datashperes, (to the point where they had to hook it up to a Sutherland back in 19) it seems the idea is that it gets the majority of it's information from subordinate units. >_>
Old 2008-04-25, 16:06   Link #271
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So it works like some giant reciever and can process an entire battle situation by recieving info from other Knightmares?

Old 2008-04-25, 16:12   Link #272
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
So it works like some giant reciever and can process an entire battle situation by recieving info from other Knightmares?
yeah, well that's basically what a command unit is about.

it's the node that collects information from all the other units.

I think the Gawain must have at leased one data-sphere somewhere on it's body to scan and survey it's personal surroundings for personal safety.

but since it can integrate all the scanning and information from other data-spheres it can see the bigger picture of the battlefield, hence the druid system is "misused" to process this and send out orders to the units.

then again, you realise that even standard KMF have a universal data-screen that can act as a basic command link, probably a feature for team/group officers to use.
Old 2008-04-25, 21:00   Link #273
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I couldn't decide to put this in the spoiler or weapons section, but since I don't think Code Geass will re-use the idea of a 2 seater knightmare. Are C.C.'s piloting skills good enough to make her a front line knightmare pilot?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:13   Link #274
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I couldn't decide to put this in the spoiler or weapons section, but since I don't think Code Geass will re-use the idea of a 2 seater knightmare. Are C.C.'s piloting skills good enough to make her a front line knightmare pilot?
Her piloting skills were high enough for Schneizel to initiate a secret super soldier program based on her data alone, so...yeah, pretty much.

C.C. may very well be comparable to Suzaku, who's piloting abilities are also based on odd circumstances.
Old 2008-04-25, 22:21   Link #275
KrimzonStriker

Which goes back to my theory that Suzaku may have been a part of the similar transformation as Jerimiah was, hence a connection to Geass even though he doesn't have one, only better and may also explain the skills other members of the Knights as well...>_>

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2008-04-25 at 22:48.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:37   Link #276
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Which goes back to my theory that Suzaku may have been a part of the similar transformation as Jerimiah was, hence a connection to Geass even though he doesn't have one, only better and may also explain the skills other members of the Knights as well..._>
it would have something to be through V.V. though, not Schneizel's side businesses. FO/FY already confirmed Suzaku wasn't some sort of sakuradite superweapon.
Old 2008-04-25, 22:48   Link #277
KrimzonStriker

Well yeah, I figure good ol'Charles could probably pull it off a bit better with V.V at his side >_>

Did they use Sakuradite on Jerimiah, I'm not sure?
Old 2008-04-25, 23:24   Link #278
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

We don't know exactly what was done to Jeremiah. I am hoping we get some sort of fuller explanation on the Code-R project and exactly what they were doing to her. I know they were doing the research with the main idea finding out what made her immortal.

And I think the two seater cockpit works. She was doing a pretty good job handling it while Lelouch took care of strategy.

Old 2008-04-25, 23:31   Link #279
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Her piloting skills were high enough for Schneizel to initiate a secret super soldier program based on her data alone, so...yeah, pretty much.

C.C. may very well be comparable to Suzaku, who's piloting abilities are also based on odd circumstances.
That works for me, since this season is going to have "alot more battles" according to Taniguchi I hope we get to see plenty of Kallen and C.C. kicking some ass.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 23:36   Link #280
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Kallen kicking ass is a given. For C.C. to do such a thing requires her to actually have a Knightmare and I seem to recall that with the exception of episode 1 of R2, she never piloted a Knightmare outside of the Gawain where Lelouch could keep an eye on her. I don't really think he would just let her go into combat by herself for some reason, though that is just my interpretation.

Tags
mecha