AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-03-03, 01:32   Link #1821
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenryuu View Post
Fanfiction is serious business.

Seriously, I think we can all rest easy knowing that yes, everyone will always have their own tastes and preferences, even though it will differ from person to person, the important thing is that we treat it as we treat every creative work: "Where is the creator coming from? Is it good within it's OWN world." Even if it doesn't suit your personal fancy, the only fair way is to judge it in it's own circle.

On a side note, anyone know what the main casts blood types are ^_^;;;
I checked Nanoha.com and stuff but I couldn't find the blood types. you can probably research it online and match the type with their personality. I doubt anyone will tell if you're wrong.

@thread: Goodnight ^^

I claim this page in the name of new talent, and 6 hours of sleep before work.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:37   Link #1822
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:

Seriously, I think we can all rest easy knowing that yes, everyone will always have their own tastes and preferences, even though it will differ from person to person, the important thing is that we treat it as we treat every creative work: "Where is the creator coming from? Is it good within it's OWN world." Even if it doesn't suit your personal fancy, the only fair way is to judge it in it's own circle.

On a side note, anyone know what the main casts blood types are ^_^;;;
...oh god, uh.
Make them up? I don't think it's ever mentioned.

...which leads me to wonder; do people with Linker Cores have a different blood type than people with non-Linker Cores? [/tangent]

Off to play Call of Duty 4, I'll check back on this thread before bedtime :3
Old 2008-03-03, 01:43   Link #1823
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post

Quoted for Truth too.

The point is: We've gone through this a million times already (exaggeration of course), and we're back at the starting point. No matter who it is that says it, it just won't get through Haru's head that authors are free to write whatever they want. Sure if said authors decide to write what you prefer then congratulations, be happy and read it, but I personally think it's disrespectful to completely ignore that same author's work just because "it's not the pairing I like".

With that said, I'll take my leave.
Sharing something to express my view on how to deal with it. Note the last stanza.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Las FanFic thread got locked because that topic was touched *shrugs*
Not quite the same but it was related. *shrugs*

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:45   Link #1824
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Thakyou Satashi for you message, I will search for that dtory of yours.

And , well, I don't want to get me in trouble but for oneself as an artist (yes, we all are artist) the fact that you put all your soul and pssion on a work (writted, drawed or wathever) and some one tells you that your work suks is really devastating, we all have diferent preferences, we canno't force someone to like or don't like something, well at least that is my opinion
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 01:47   Link #1825
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Sharing something to express my view on how to deal with it. Note the last stanza.

Spoiler for Five Ways to Kill a Man:
Good one *notes author's name*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Not quite the same but it was related. *shrugs*
I was referring to Sata-chan being the center of the Fiction thread...
Old 2008-03-03, 01:57   Link #1826
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Good one *notes author's name*

I was referring to Sata-chan being the center of the Fiction thread...
*checks once more before going to sleep finally*

No, it was closed because of "my works aren't getting commented on", and any post on that on this thread will be deleted, so let's not bring that up.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 02:01   Link #1827
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
*checks once more before going to sleep finally*

No, it was closed because of "my works aren't getting commented on", and any post on that on this thread will be deleted, so let's not bring that up.
Yes well, having the thread locked up once again would be really bad

Good night Sata-chan :3
Old 2008-03-03, 02:11   Link #1828
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

@Thread: Okay, people, let's give it a rest. What I've needed to say, I've said, and Stashi has delivered an EPIC WIN post, so hopefully the message has been gotten across.

@Satashi: Actually, I was referring to the fact taht most anime fans aren't really into writing that's on the "hard" scale of mil-SF and writings. I blame the many books on the military that I've read (up until a few weeks ago, I was preparing to become a Malaysian Navy Reservist, but that's been placed on hold with me beginning therapy for depression).

Anyway, I think we've said what we need to say, so I suggest we drop the matter and get back to Nanoha Fanfiction discussion

(As for fanfics, I'll be posting the first of the Prelude to Alpha shorts by the end of the week. Woulda been up sooner but I was sick for the past week -_- This short serves to flesh out a bit of backstory for two OFM OCs.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 03:13   Link #1829
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Yeah, but you know that there are people who only want to read romance about this series because they don’t care about all the military stuffs, training, and overpowered characters with giant beams in Nanohaverse, for those people discarding that kind of fic by beforehand wouldn’t be disrespectful to the author, but a totally logic choice, since they won’t like it nor found its epicness.
Saludos, Haru
Yes, the military stuff shown in 3rd series is reason why I didn't enjoyed it as 1st and 2nd. Things like military dictatorship (I think this is the way how I Midchilda is governed) and children in army are things I personally found disgusting. From my poin of view TSAB appear to be "evil" organisation.

Quote:
Thanks, you know how well you made me feel when you wrote that kind of fics in the past, and now I’ll need to go through the same again...
We wil survive. Somehow.

Quote:
Yes, of course he's not a tsundere, but Chrono is. Kyon is a straigh and sarcastic in extreme man
He is one of the best male characters I've ever seen in anime.

Quote:
Fans are great. I love fans. I love people who review. I love people who comment. I love the lurkers that silently read my works. But I am not indebted to them. I do not owe them something. Just as they don't owe me anything. The only thing that is a given is the respect to finish a work if at all possible. They want me to finish, and I should finish because that's just what you supposed to do.
I dont agree. I, as reader, owe you, and other writers too, a lot for the great time I have when I read good piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
On the topic of what's best for the fans, author, yada yadas, I'll just say this. It's pure subjectiveness, and the author had total freedom on what he or she wants to do, even more so when they don't get a single cent out of it.
From readers point of view it's the best, because there can randomly arise masterpieces.
Quote:
The point is: We've gone through this a million times already (exaggeration of course), and we're back at the starting point. No matter who it is that says it, it just won't get through Haru's head that authors are free to write whatever they want. Sure if said authors decide to write what you prefer then congratulations, be happy and read it, but I personally think it's disrespectful to completely ignore that same author's work just because "it's not the pairing I like".
Hmm it is disrespectfull, but from personal experiences when I read something I don't like I have bad feeling and I quickly close book, file, etc (If I don't have to read for reasons like work, etc.). And at while speaking about fanfictions - for me reading about pairs I don't like is like shattering my dreams. I just fell it is wrong and I cannot continue.
I belive this is Haru's reason. I personally don't read other than shoujo-ai fictions because straigth pairs are in nearly every book I've read, and I'm quite overeaten with it (I don't say I don't read books now, I love them).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Perfect execution of a response :3 This was even enough to draw me away from Myself ; Yourself (Which I highly recommend for those who like standard male/female pairings especially since Yukari Tamura's in it ) to respond to, or at least give my opinion.
One of my favorite last years anime. (What about Clannad?) /sry for ot, I cannot help myself/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
@Thread: Okay, people, let's give it a rest. What I've needed to say, I've said, and Stashi has delivered an EPIC WIN post, so hopefully the message has been gotten across.
Sorry too late. but I agree.
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Current fandoms: RWBY - White Rose, Frozen - Elsanna and all previous.
Master Kosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 04:00   Link #1830
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I know I said to give this a rest, but I am troubled in spirit, and I feel I need to get this off my chest. (I'm in Malaysia. GMT +8.) Please note that I am not attacking Haru, but Haru's attitude.

Quote:
No, you're wrong, I said that you have 2 options, to keep doing what you do the best, or to do something else that can go against your fans, but in both cases you should accept the consequences.
How very hypocritical.

Would you like to know the main reason I dislike your attitude, Haru? It's very simple.

I've lived through this experience.

When I started out as a writer, my wiritngs were aimed at one very specific audience. They kept insisting on me writing things to fit them, to fit their intentions, ideals and tastes, not caring about charecter derailment, OOC, or about the stress they were putting me through. They just cared only about themselves and their own enjoyment. Every word I wrote, every action, was scrutinised and complained about: "We want it this way, Goose, and we want the main canon cast looking dumb, we don't care what you think, you exist to write fanfiction for us." This was the attitude they had.

This is the attitude that Haru is showing.

I finally grew sick of it and washed my hands off the Gatekeepers fandom and moved on, away to a different fandom.

During that time, I was following Haru's intentions for Satashi. I was a slave to the whims of my audience. I was unable to write anything without my audience approving it. One of my audience got pissed at me for writing a charecter with yellow contacts: "NONONO You idiot, she wears GLASSES!" This despite a substantial amount of work establishing this charecter as wearing yellow-tinted contacts. "RETCON IT NAO GOOSE" was her cry.

I wrote. And I was unhappy. Go to FF.net and look at my Gatekeepers fics, Haru. All of them suffered from excessive audience meddling, the audience meddling you are proposing. None of them have been updated in over 3 years. March to the Future, my Gundam SEED fanfic, is also suffering some audience meddling (but to a lesser degree, since it's just one person giving me trouble.)

Then compare to my Nanoha works. In the 4 months I've been on Animesuki and Outer Cadia, I have written more on Nanoha and the OFM than I have written in SIX YEARS. Why? Because my creativity is unleashed. Because I write with freedom. Because I am happy when I write.

A further thought: the 7th Habit of Highly Effective People, as put forth by Stephen R. Covey, is called "Sharpening the Saw." What this means is that you leave what you always do, even if you're very good at it, to try something new and to let your mind rest and reenergise itself. Random writes normal fiction now because he got burned out from all his lemons. Rather than see Satashi burn out from always writing the same old pairings, I would rather see her explore new pairings and approaches, levelling up, as it were.

Ultimately, Haru, it comes down to this: Either you want Satashi to stay with NxF, limiting her and inevitably burning her out, OR you STFU as Satashi explores new possibilities, pairings and approaches in her writing, and levels up. If you don't like it, fine. Don't keep on criticiszing and trying to tear down Satashi. She don't owe you anything - rather, you and your legion owe HER. Suck it up. If you can't, then shut up and ship out.

Your two options, as they were, are thus: continue pushing NxF on Satashi even when she wants to explore other pairings, and shutting up and letting her write what she pleases. Are you ready to accept the consequences?

This is the way I see it. No more. No less. This is how I feel on the matter. I have lived through this experience of being an emotionally blackmailed slave, and I will be DAMNED if I let anybody try to emotionally blackmail another writer.

And with that, I declare this matter closed. End of discussion. Let's move on, people, and if Haru don't like it, he don't have to come to Fanfic.

The opinions expressed in this post are the own opinions of Wild Goose. They are held sincerely and passionately by him, and in no way reflect the opinions of Animesuki, the Fanfiction Thread, the Original Charecter Creation Thread, the Freelance Alliance, or Exile Studios. Wild Goose is not attacking Haru but Haru's attitude.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 04:18   Link #1831
Kirika-chan
Fate's fan

@Satashi : Chapter XVI is good ^^ I enjoy it (like usual)

Spoiler for sbtbXVI:

@AshLikeSnow : I didn't tell you, but I read all of your work, and it's really good too ^^ several persons already made a fic with this story (Nanoha's accident) but you're the only one that I really like your story ^^
Your descreptions of Fate's feelings are good, really.

So, can't wait for your next (Satashi and Ash ^^)
Kirika-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 04:20   Link #1832
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Missed out on a good discussion there, oh well, case is already closed, moving on:

*cue StrikerS summary music*

Moving on is always a difficult thing. You leave behind the familly that has loved and supported you for as long as you know. You feel all alone suddenly, and that can cramp you up. But it is not all that bad, I have my old and new friends whom I can lean on.

Lyrical Nanoha, Raising Heart. Hajimarimasu.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 05:23   Link #1833
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Missed out on a good discussion there, oh well, case is already closed, moving on:

*cue StrikerS summary music*

Moving on is always a difficult thing. You leave behind the familly that has loved and supported you for as long as you know. You feel all alone suddenly, and that can cramp you up. But it is not all that bad, I have my old and new friends whom I can lean on.

Lyrical Nanoha, Raising Heart. Hajimarimasu.
*cheers the return of RH*

...or did I just miss the punchline again?
Old 2008-03-03, 05:24   Link #1834
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

What happened here?

The thread exploded when I was sleeping.

Quote:
Look at the first page, the second post. That should help you out a little bit.

About your comics, they are neat ^^ Tho I wonder what kind of thing that is, that could floor Nanoha in one hit? I'm interested in seeing more.

Having a problem in viewing the next to last image for some reason >.<

P.S~ Page claim! Claimed in the name of art and story combined!

EDIT: SbtB XVI

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3991951/16/

Enjoy~ (Angel is really busy so I'm posting now so I won't have to bother her when she gets home to do this >< )
Okay first off.

Spoiler for WoW stuff:

As for the chapter itself.

Spoiler for Sploilerz:

Quote:
Yeah, SbtB got bland to me. I'm happy I manged to get them back in school finally. The last few chapters took place over two weeks and the chapters before covered like 6 months >.< Yay for time flow and character interaction!
Good for you

I had to write 100k words of two weeks

Quote:
Oh, and I started planning my emerald chapter to go with SbtB. I'm pleased with it so far in my head. I hope it goes down on paper as good.

Quote:
*The text of win and truth*
Just let me QFT it again.

As the conversation has already ended I'm not going to post my input on this.

Quote:
and finally @ Wild goose: We are not all close minded here, I can honestly say that. PLease don't judge us all from what you may see right now. All OC fanfictions are both welcome and encouraged to be posted here. I can't say how they will be taken, as every story is different, but please never hesitate to share your works here. I will be more than happy to profile you and anyone else in the OC thread.
I prefer posting my fic here even that it has lots of OC. In Cadia it would get lost in the posts, and besides, even that it's OC it's still fanfic. OC thread is for creation and discussion. I can't see why it would be for OC fics as well, instead of this place.

Quote:
Damn straight.

Holy shi-! That took long! I'm already late from my class, so I'll post today's scenarios when I get home.
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 06:52   Link #1835
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Onion View Post
What happened here?

The thread exploded when I was sleeping.
I wonder too...
took me some time to read through all

Quote:
Holy shi-! That took long! I'm already late from my class, so I'll post today's scenarios when I get home.
I hope you made it and cannot wait for the next scenarios

@Kagerou
hope you will update soon too
made me too curious

in the meantime I'm going to read Daishi's FF

epic ftw

@Satashi
Personally I don't find the 6th Divisions as bad as you told us or maybe I misunderstood something there
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 08:47   Link #1836
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Whoa, the thread blew up!

Why does it seem that every time i open my mouth to argue with someone the thing tends to expand into some sort of a global (well threadwide) conflict suddenly?

Anyway, i think the entire matter about haru is just about fully handled, if you wish to continue, i suggest you take it to pm's before this thread as well gets derailed enough to be locked.

@Kagerou: i though everyone had a linker core, it's just a matter of how strong it is that determines how capable you are in magic, besides practice that is...

@Satashi: i agree with you partially, though you're no goddess, you still have excellent talent in comedy and romance, but i think your characters are quirky and very likeable (or hateable like Jail and the assassins in 6th div) so i disagree on you about your ability in making "gripping characters" as you say, for i think you shine in that area as well... Though you do go over the top every now and then (nanoha and fate making out on the car roof is still clear in my mind as an example)
...now your plot in general tends to lack a bit, not in content mind you, but predictability is there every now and then, though i must admit that trying to guess what happens next is part of the fun in reading your stories, because you throw occasional twists and turns that no one saw coming

But i think the entire plot problem comes from the fact that i believe you don't plan out your chapters in the long term, and instead let the story flow as you write it...
...but that's just speculation, i don't know how you write your stories, i just see the end result and comment on that

But generally you ARE a good, if not an excellent writer and since you hang here in the fanfic thread, we tend to fawn over you, since you produce quality content at a rapid pace.

My five cents, enjoy
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 08:51   Link #1837
Sam the Onion
Fading in-between

Alright now that I'm home and in the mood, I'll post today's scenarios. But first...

Spoiler for A minute in Sam's mind:

And now for the scenarios.

Spoiler for Scenarios 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24:

Last edited by Sam the Onion; 2008-03-03 at 09:49.
Sam the Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 08:53   Link #1838
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
Whoa, the thread blew up!
Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha XD!!!!

This is around the 4th or 5th reaction like that and I can't help laughing whenever I see it XD!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha
Why does it seem that every time i open my mouth to argue with someone the thing tends to expand into some sort of a global (well threadwide) conflict suddenly?
Bad luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha
i agree with you partially, though you're no goddess, you still have excellent talent in comedy and romance, but i think your characters are quirky and very likeable (or hateable like Jail and the assassins in 6th div) so i disagree on you about your ability in making "gripping characters" as you say, for i think you shine in that area as well... Though you do go over the top every now and then (nanoha and fate making out on the car roof is still clear in my mind as an example)
...now your plot in general tends to lack a bit, not in content mind you, but predictability is there every now and then, though i must admit that trying to guess what happens next is part of the fun in reading your stories, because you throw occasional twists and turns that no one saw coming

But i think the entire plot problem comes from the fact that i believe you don't plan out your chapters in the long term, and instead let the story flow as you write it...
...but that's just speculation, i don't know how you write your stories, i just see the end result and comment on that

But generally you ARE a good, if not an excellent writer and since you hang here in the fanfic thread, we tend to fawn over you, since you produce quality content at a rapid pace.

My five cents, enjoy
QFT

Now to go and have a cup of coffee to finally wake up...
Old 2008-03-03, 09:20   Link #1839
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Wah ha ha ha ha ha ha XD!!!!

This is around the 4th or 5th reaction like that and I can't help laughing whenever I see it XD!!!!!
Sou ne?

<--- Cadia veteran as well.
Old 2008-03-03, 09:56   Link #1840
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
@thread: Goodnight ^^

I claim this page in the name of new talent, and 6 hours of sleep before work.
lucky one
I only got 3,5h sleep-->very tired

Quote:
Alright now that I'm home and in the mood, I'll post today's scenarios. But first...

Spoiler for A minute in Sam's mind:

And now for the scenarios.

Spoiler for Scenarios 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24:
first I have to say:
you got really early home from school
*envious*

Spoiler for little comment about scenarios(20, 21, 22, 23 & 24)::
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha